[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was there so much shovelware on the wii compared to the PS3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: shovelware.png (635 KB, 640x446) Image search: [Google]
shovelware.png
635 KB, 640x446
Why was there so much shovelware on the wii compared to the PS3 and 360?

They had a couple piles, but nowhere near the wii.
>>
>>333228654
Because the Wii's userbase was 80% casuals.

This should be fucking obvious.
>>
PS2 had just about as much.

It's because it's easy to sell this stuff to soccer moms, all they need is some dank box art.
>>
I wondered about this back when i worked at gamestop. The people who came in to buy wii games, just by appearances, were either clueless parents getting games for their younger children, or the occasional super nerdy looking dudes. Like, graphic video game tees with baggy jeans kinda nerdy. As opposed to the xbox/ps3 crowds which was a total mixed bag.
So yeah. More casual buyers= more casual games.
>>
Cheaper to made
>>
>>333228654
Because it was the most successful of its gen.

>Why was there so much shovelware on ps2?
>Why was there so much shovelware on ps1?
>>
File: 1458929647871.jpg (29 KB, 599x453) Image search: [Google]
1458929647871.jpg
29 KB, 599x453
Is there really a game based off of Rednecks?

I live in the southern US and I hate those fuckers.
>>
>>333231046
I had one for ps2, it was shit
>>
Cheapest to develop for, the highest userbase, and most of said userbase was uninformed casuals. Case closed.
>>
>tfw I actually owned Calvin Tucker's Redneck Jamboree

Jesus Christ, don't remind me.
The fishing minigame was pretty fun, though.
>>
>>333232717
why?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.