[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Do you need to have played the previous games to understand what's going on in FF15?

Or is each story self-contained and has no relation to one another?
>>
You will need to play X and X-2 before playing VII. You'll have to play them all, except 1, before play the Dissidias, then you can play 1.
>>
Is this bait? Are there really people here who never played through any FF in their lives?
>>
>Do you need to have played the previous games to understand what's going on in FF15?
No, it's a standalone story
>>
Self contained but you should really try some of the others out before it releases. There were supposed to be connections to fabula nova crystalis but they've probably been removed since the name change.
>>
>that one guy who never wanted to play final fantasy because it was a turn based game
Fuck off. We don't need casuals like you
>>
>>333216791
playing the first 14 games gives a better understanding of whats going on
>>
>>333216791
None of them are connected unless they're FF[number]: Subtitle or something.

>>333217026
>You will need to play X and X-2 before playing VII.
That bullshit about Shinra is so vague it pretty much means absolutely nothing.

>>333217279
>There were supposed to be connections to fabula nova crystalis but they've probably been removed since the name change.
As far as i know all the major things like l'Cie and fal'Cie aren't in XV anymore but there is a l'Cie brand on one of the playing cards in the Platinum demo which is really hard to see unless you're literally right on top of it so there will probably be a few tiny nods to it here and there.
>>
>>333217520

Should I play them in order? What about the MMOs? Do I have to get to endgame to understand the story?
>>
>>333217838
Anon, the only game in this shitty series worth playing is XII. XIV if you want to make your perfect waifu, I guess.
>>
>>333216791
50% of the internet is full with this same question. google it retard
>>
>>333217838
yes to all, youll want to play the spin offs as well: ff7 dirge of Cerberus, make sure to watch advent children, ff tactics, ff type 0, ff10/13 and their respective sequels

ff15 currently has an anime episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnTFymTANtY
>>
File: 1333407387066.gif (1020 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
1333407387066.gif
1020 KB, 400x229
>>333218248
>recommending FF spinoffs and sequels
>ever
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>333218604
>he never played FF Tactics
Well, there goes your opinion
>>
>>333218685
I meant things like DoC and AC. I haven't played Tactics but Type 0 was alright.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.