[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Loadout.jpg (256 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Loadout.jpg
256 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
>free to play

gee. i wonder.
>>
File: birb.jpg (56 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
birb.jpg
56 KB, 500x373
tried too hard to be TF2 without paying attention to what made TF2 good. Overdid the cartoon style to the point of just looking stupid. Allowed weapon customization in an arena shooter that was borderline pay to win.

Yeah that's a dead game.
>>
Is this the game that got the PC version shit on by migrating all the servers over to the PS3/4 which only killed the game faster because nobody fucking played it?
>>
big maps with three person teams. shit weapons. huge health bars, wonky controls, not quite p2w but filled to the brim with microtransactions
>>
File: N670wqV.jpg (153 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
N670wqV.jpg
153 KB, 1024x768
Played it for a bit when it came out, and it was okay.
Tried playing it again a few months later but couldn't because they shut down the Australian servers.
>>
>DUDE YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR GUN TO DO ANYTHING
>hardly any of the customization was worthwhile

just get a stock rocket launcher with fire and that's it, you were good
>>
game was juicy as fuck, its a shame
>>
Pay 2 Win
>>
>>333214848
This.
You could customize your weapon to do ridiculous things but most of the time a regular assault rifle is more practical and more damage dealing then that sniper rocket launcher that explodes into 4 other rockets.
>>
>>333211604
I feel pretty fucking s tupid for buying the founders pack, but damn did i look fantastic.

Also that fatgirl twerking in a tutu/stockings always grabbed peoples attention.
>>
>>333213496
yes
>>
>>333216018
>>333214848

OP, the answer to your question is
>Not weapon based maps,like with obstacles, bouncing mirror, huge pits between the players, something that reward being creative with your gun
>>
File: 1455328458592.jpg (38 KB, 467x255) Image search: [Google]
1455328458592.jpg
38 KB, 467x255
>>333216026
>Also that fatgirl twerking in a tutu/stockings always grabbed peoples attention.

did it?!

I played it and while it was fun it got boring quick. I played it during open beta or like the first few days.
>>
>>333214848

Yeah, this is the reason I quit. None of the customization mattered because boring shit was overpowered.
>>
>>333214848

I really liked a remote detonated, really slow, rocket that had exploding fire flak and a lightning railgun that would zap shields as well as health in something like 3 hits before the nerf. The former was great for just killing anyone behind me because I would just fire it behind and hear all the pings from them running through the flak. Or you could just fire it into a messy firefight and do a lot of damage to big groups and zap stragglers.

But the biggest problem was kind of obvious. There's no point having a thousand possible combinations because there is always going to be a top tier. Game was fun for a month or two though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.