[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you play Final Fantasy 7 without playing 1-6 and the 300
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (45 KB, 256x255) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
45 KB, 256x255
Can you play Final Fantasy 7 without playing 1-6 and the 300 extra mobile games?

Someone got me FF13 and i don't know what shit is happening.
There's a nigger with a bird in his hair and i'm an anime girl and we were in some kind of holocaust train.
>>
>>333209375
I AM HERE TO AVENGE ALL THE INNOCENT PEOPLE YOU'VE HURT
>>
>>333209375
Yes.
>>
FF games are each their own entity unless they are sequels usually titled with a 2, like 13-2 and 10-2
>>
>Can you play Final Fantasy 7 without playing 1-6 and the 300 extra mobile games?
Yes, in fact is the safest for the aveage gamer.
>>
>>333209375
Yeah ff13 is pretty cryptic at the start.

1-9 are not strongly relate afaik

if you like strategy I'd suggest FF Tactics, not the mobile port

People usually like 6-10 for story + environment

ff11 is a frustrating mmo, i think it released before or during the beginning of WOW so it lacks many recent mmo sensibilities

ff14 is an enjoyable mmo, pretty casual crowd, mostly helpful people

these are connected in a loose sense through a reoccurring cast
Cid - a pilot or engineer
Mogs - little helper creatures
many monsters, weapons, magic and secondary characters appear at least in name
>>
>>333209375
Play 6, 7, 9, tactics and MAYBE 12 in that order.

Dont bother with the rest
>>
Are you 14? You can find out that mainline FF games have zero continuity in about 8 seconds on Google.
>>
File: G-Soldier_FFVIII.jpg (54 KB, 279x327) Image search: [Google]
G-Soldier_FFVIII.jpg
54 KB, 279x327
>>333210605
Don't forget the most important
>>
>>333210928
biggs + wedge baby
>>
>>333210898
But final fantasy has 50 prequels and movies and an anime, and XV has a movie and an anime and is related to Final Fantasy XIII somehow. Fuck you.
>>
>>333211096
>but final fantasy
>>
>>333210816
>>333209375

4 is the only one thats really worth a damn.
>>
>>333210605
>ffxi frustrating
>ff xic enjoyable
Spotted the casual cancer that is killing video games.
>>
>>333211096
>XV is related to XIII somehow
It's only related in the sense that it's part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series of FF games. The thing these games have in common is the idea of crystals being tied to certain ancient deities. As far as story, characters, and setting, it's all its own thing.

Similarly, there's the "Ivalice Alliance" series which has a shit ton of games under it.
>>
>>333209375
Absolutely, in fact I advise you to throw XIII in the trash and play VII instead.
>>
>>333211997
>it's part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series
Versus XIII was, XV isn't. They took Versus and made it completely into it's own thing now.
>>
>>333209375
4 9 and 12 are loosely related in lore but not important to the overall story or game experience
>>
>>333212937
>4 9 and 12 are loosely related in lore
In what way?
>>
File: finalfantasy.jpg (1 MB, 4944x3192) Image search: [Google]
finalfantasy.jpg
1 MB, 4944x3192
>>
>>333213032
Crystals and necron
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.