[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I give this another try or just wait for Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: bloodborne_large_art-1152x720.jpg (296 KB, 1152x720) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne_large_art-1152x720.jpg
296 KB, 1152x720
Should I give this another try or just wait for Dark Souls 3 ?

On my first try, I sold it after 1 week.
>>
Dark souls 3 is supposed to be faster paced like bloodborne, so yeah, why not. Give it a shot.
>>
>>333196096
Huh? I heard the opposite. Sounds logical considering you have shields.
>>
>>333195554
Maybe you're burned out on Souls games?
>>
>>333195554
if you didnt like it the first time, odds are you wont like it a second time
>>
>>333198674
You'd be suprised I hated xenoblade when I first played it, but when I played it a year or two later I loved it.
>>
>>333199016
did you play BB on launch? the loadscreens are much better now, also the insight shop is better
>>
>>333195554

Give it a try its fun
>>
>>333199201
how long are the load screens now? I remember them being like almost a minute or so
>>
>>333199201
I didn't buy a ps4 untill end december so I don't know how horrible the loading screens were during launch.
>>
>>333199980
They're only about thirty seconds long at the absolute far end of the spectrum now, generally they average 15-20 seconds. There's cycling item text now too, so at least there's something to look at other than BLOODBORNE in bigass letters across a black background.
>>
>>333199980
10-15 seconds on ssd.
>>
>>333195554
Anyone know about Dark Souls 3 torrents yet? I can't find anything except shitty links that want me to complete surveys
>>
>>333195554
Why did you drop it to begin with? That might help us out a bit. You can get some solid advice.
>>
>>333200990
2 hours
>>
You just need to be patient and get through Central Yharnam. It's literally trial by fire forcing you to fight strategically and being unable to even level before reaching the first boss. Cleric Beast will teach you the basics of fighting beast type bosses and basic dodging and Gascoigne will teach you how to parry and fight hunter type bosses. After those two bosses you should be comfortable with the difficulty.
>>
>>333200990
T W O
>>
File: sonycucks will defend this.webm (329 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
sonycucks will defend this.webm
329 KB, 600x338
>>
>>333202252
uh just run down to the sewers and pick up hunter set + madman's knowledge so you can level.
>>
>>333201618
>Why did you drop it to begin with?
I beat the cleric beast and gascoine and then just didn't want to play it anymore. I thought it was artificially difficult in a way that it wasn't really the amount of 'skill' required, but rather the time you spend grinding for souls to advance in the game. I remember I also felt like the game was super unfair in a sense that almost every enemy in the game was about twice as fast as the character you played as. It felt like you played a character that moves in slow-mo in a world of super fast enemies. Like you would dodge-jump and before your feet even hit the ground, your enemy would make 3 different moves during the time you spend in mid-air. Not even talking about the ridiculous time it takes to swing your weapon. Sorry if this sounds stupid or pisses you off, but it felt genuinely broken to me.

I loved the art style and atmosphere, the music too. Actually everything about the game was awesome, but the sluggish movement of the character was just too much for me to play on. Maybe I did something wrong.
>>
>>333202594
>>333202038
Where will it be in TWO?
>>
>>333203330
>souls
sorry i meant blood echoes duh
>>
>>333203330
>I thought it was artificially difficult in a way that it wasn't really the amount of 'skill' required, but rather the time you spend grinding for souls to advance in the game.
It's pretty much the exact opposite. Beating Souls games at level 1 is a very common challenge run type. As long as you've got the skills, you don't actually need levels.
>>
>>333195554
Get it again, do an arcane run. Get two weapons you like, make one fire, one electric. Arcane is fun, giving you more tools to use.
I love my rapid poison build, too.

Don't play it like it's a Souls game though. Remember you're supposed to be getting up close and dashing through and around enemies like a super hero. Remember rallying and make use of it, blood vials should be used as a last resort.
Remember bosses are very susceptible to their weaknesses and targeted weak points. Remember to do chalices during your down time, and not as a single chunk, because they suck and you'll also get useful gems from them.
>>
>>333203881
I know. I'm not a super skilled player by any means, but I can make my way through the game. I t just pissed me off constantly to play with the speed of a cranky old man in a world of light speed monsters. I also didn't like that you can't cancel attack animations by dodging. It's just all so super slow.
>>
>>333203330
Dodge jump? Why were you doing that? Just lock on to them and dash. Some weapons are fast, and others are slow. Use lighter weapons in their standard form if you want them to be fast, the axe is slow and the whip version of the cane is slow compared to other starting weapons.

Seriously though, Anon, your dash is faster than almost everything, and fast enemy attacks can be parried with a shot.
>>
>>333204792
Yeah, that's what made me think about giving it another chance. I was a retard back then and started with the axe.

What would be the fastest weapon to start with and which ones to progress further?
>>
>>333204430
> not going full majestic and getting parasite + milkweed
>>
>>333205002
Cane in its standard form is probably the fastest, but the saw cleaver has a good balance of speed and damage. The Axe is probably the easiest though, because the tricked R2.
You can find a Saw Spear real early, and it's my favourite weapon in the game. There are a lot of fast weapons you can access later, especially with the DLC.

You don't have to grind at all, but definitely explore and approach windows or doors with a light on near them and talk to the people inside. Also, just practice dashing around the early enemies, get used to the new mechanics, and don't be passive.
It's like learning to play Souls all over again.
>>
>>333205002
Get cane and pick up saw spear from the sewer.

If you want full ninja mode then get blades of mercy and switch to rakuyo later
>>
File: ThatsKawaii.jpg (64 KB, 615x465) Image search: [Google]
ThatsKawaii.jpg
64 KB, 615x465
>>333196096
it really isn't. what are you talking about?

>>333195554
Wait for dark souls 3, play it

Then play bloodborne.

That way you go from the worst to the best game and not the other way around. It's the best way to play both.
>>
>>333205002
The cane is great for new players who have difficulty with the gank squads at the start, however I think the cleaver the best weapon overall for people who want something fast. You can start with the cane then quickly get the saw spear (functionally identical to the cleaver) in the sewer very early. Or you could get the saw hunter badge from where the pig is for all the starting weapons fast.
>>
>>333203330
Every enemy telegraphs their attacks in some, and anything with a humanoid shape can be parried with the gun. Gascoigne exist to teach you to fire the gun in order to parry and follow up with a visceral, it's why he's so aggressive.

If you are specifically referring to the werewolf pair right before Cleric Beast, then I agree that they may have been a bit much for new players, and it's one of the few times I felt the game was bullshitting me.
>>
>>333206470
Saw spear is literally the same thing but with skill leaning. There's no reason to get cleaver
>>
>>333195554
Bloodborne is literally Dark Souls for casuals, if you couldn't handle it don't even buy Dark Souls 3 you fucking redditor.
>>
>>333202695
lol there's never been a bug or hacker on the PC version of a souls game, right?
>>
This ain't half as hard as Dark Souls.
>>
>>333195554
You would have to actually own a ps4 you dirty liar
>>
>>333195554
if you don't like the most casual souls game, you won't like any souls game.

don't worry about it.
>>
>>333207764
You're wrong. Dark Souls is easier.
>>
>>333206918
>the werewolf pair right before Cleric Beas
god damn dat shit fucked me up so bad
>>
Bloodborne has the hardest bosses in the franchise, and is often harder than Souls games are, ignore the shitposters. It just is more forgiving, until you fuck up consistently and find yourself without bullets or healing items. You should always think ahead though.
>>
File: 1448082802819.jpg (32 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1448082802819.jpg
32 KB, 189x189
>>333203330
hooooly fuck you are a casual
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.