[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the fuck did this boring series become so popular? and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: cs.jpg (43 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
43 KB, 620x349
how the fuck did this boring series become so popular? and why are arena shooters dead. They are straight up more fun to play IMO. Thought this when I was 15 and im still thinking it now. why is this the world I have to live in? I seriously don't find pic related that fun from a gameplay standpoint. Not only that it takes way less skill than almost any arena fps out there
>>
>>333167114

>fun game combining skill with team strategy and well-balanced maps
>le epin jump around map and spam rocket launcher while spawn camping

also git gud
>>
>>333167298
>le aim and shot peek a boo simulator
>fun
it's literally hide and seek the game
>>
>>333167298
>while spawn camping
sounds like you need to git gud. what's the matter? have trouble under pressure?
>>
>>333167114
It's popular because it takes less skill and is more accessible to unskilled players.
CS is more about teamplay than actual playing ability.
>>
because there is no Arean Shooter that has:

-integrated workshop/virtually unlimited maps
-weapon skins / cosmetic items
-competitions sponsored by valve
>>
>>333167829
>It's popular because it takes less skill and is more accessible to unskilled players.
but it's literally not even fun. how is waiting after dying a "fun" game mechanic honestly? like why would literally anyone enjoy/like that. the game is just so fucking boring
>>
>>333167829
What if your team aim is shit
>>
File: ew7sZPI.jpg (113 KB, 1200x400) Image search: [Google]
ew7sZPI.jpg
113 KB, 1200x400
>>333167795

nah, desu I only fucked with unreal tournament. I hop on ratz instagib every once in awhile. I do play CS:GO pretty often but have a lot of respect for arena shooters, shit takes serious skill. Just fishing for (you)s basically
>>
People lean more towards team games so they can share the blame when they lose. Part of the reason fighting games are never going to be as big as LoL and the like.
>>
>>333167962
Then you're gonna get wrecked.
>>
File: killsmatter0%.jpg (100 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
killsmatter0%.jpg
100 KB, 675x1200
>>333167829
>CS is more about teamplay than actual playing ability.
so much this. pic related...we lost
>fps game
>kills only count for 1% of the game
>>
>>333168275
even though you have superior teamplay?
>>
>>333168341
you can have shitty aim and still win as long as you're on a good team. aiming in cs isn't really that big considering you die in like 1.5 seconds
>>
>>333168606
I mean you could pull off perfect site executions but if you can't actually hit anything you're still goiing to lose
>>
>>333168329
git gud silver
>HOW MUCH
>>
>>333167114
>How the fuck can a game I don't enjoy be popular?????
>>
>>333167943

because you got killed, faggot.

you can't play anymore, you're dead.

because you died. wait until next round and don't die.

you realize when you get pumped full of bullets you tend to not breathe anymore, right?

you die.

dumb faggot.
>>
>>333169481
nothing in this post made any sense
>>
>>333169797
>having to wait to play a game
literally might as well jack off. cs is so slow paced you can go afk and no one will find you
>>
>>333169240
Good team play would realize their weakness is aiming, and they would all use the p90
>>
>>333169797
it's still a terrible gameplay mechanic. it's literally hide and go seek the game. once you're found you're out. quake might have spawn camping but at least it has flow.
>>
>>333169994

It's not that slow, you dumb nigger. Rounds only last so long, and if you didn't die in the first minute because you're a fucking scrub it seems like even less.

But I guess you are ADHD as fuck and always need to be doing something.
>>
>>333171106
It's undeniably the slowest fps game. Name a slower fps game.
>>
>>333170683

>hide and seek the game

Not really. It's not a secret the bad guys are trying to take hostages or blow shit up. And it's no secret the good guys are defending said things.

But I guess this thread is full of dumb niggers.
>>
>>333171393
defending team is literally hiding and peek a boo-ing
>>
>>333171347

Rainbow Six siege.
>>
File: 1437253793267.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437253793267.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333167114
CS killed skill-based shooters. It's literally the lowest skill ceiling FPS on the market and it's unironically hailed as the most competitive esport game but casuals across the globe.
>>
>>333171459

Again - not really. Both teams have smoke grenades. Smoke out sightlines, and go to work. They come out of their hidey holes eventually. It's up to you to not get fucked like a pig and play with caution.
>>
>>333171668
I'd say TF2 takes more skill.
>>
>>333171668

So what would you count as a skill based shooter?
>>
>>333171952
Well, since CS has the lowest skill ceiling, literally any other shooter.
>>
>>333171838
>and play with caution.
oh, so take things slow and sneaky? like a stealth game? yeah that's what cs has more in common with since frags don't fucking matter and it's about team work
>>
File: 1456620436485.png (72 KB, 229x290) Image search: [Google]
1456620436485.png
72 KB, 229x290
>holy shit dude why can't you clutch that 1v5
>calm down man it's just game
>if it's JUST a game, then why are you playing it?

W-Wait, what?
>>
>>333172654
What he means is don't get yourself killed. Running in like headless chiken will get you killed, but play with your grenades and you can play aggressively.

But you already knew this and you just bait.
>>
Inb4 people think overwatch should be a competitive shooter.

Top kek
>>
>>333170209
But what if they still can't hit anything with the P90
>>
>>333173134
Isn't it just a casual TF2
>>
I wrote this in another thread.
>
Because it's trash
>inb4 "silver insinuation"
yeah nah.
Pistols are overpowered, SMG's are underpowered,
Counter-strafing is bullshit, no matter how long it's been a part of CS mechanics
You can still run with the AWP, even after the nerf.
Jump shots land way too often.
the deagle is trash.
Reg is shit on 64 tick, and moderately reliable on 128.
>hitscan
Good weapon skins do not drop anymore because???? >Glock-18 | Fade

Active duty maps should not have an effect on weapon skin drops.

VAC is trash

community is balls

also
>no sprays in CS:GO
pls
>>
>>333173108
>Running in like headless chiken will get you killed
except that's literally the entry fraggers job. his purpose is to die and create an opening for the rest of his team. if he kills even once person he's done more than enough. that's why there are two bomb sites, and that's why the teams are played with odd numbers. 5v5 creates more rng because that's the only way the game can work. along with it being objective based.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 1198x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 1198x568
>>333168329
>9-27
>this game sucks! It's so boring, you just play hide and seek and wait for the round to start. Tf2 is much more fun
>>
>>333173134
The skill cap is low, but it's higher than CS.
>>
>>333173325
one** also long story short. the game isn't even based on kills at all and is purely team work. there is no individual skill aside from aiming which comes with time.
>>333173592
I was no flow you fucking tool
>>
CS GO sucks because Valve didnt region lock it so eastern european subhumans have access to it .
>>
>>333173325
Nope, the entryfragger's job is not to run in and die. His job is to take the first frag and open up the bombsight, secondary or support will assist him with flashes and mollies. Also, sometimes entry will just peek a site, take a frag and uneven the rest of the round for the team.

You fucking mong. Of course you have to nitpick because of some asshat is baitposting in this thread.
>>
>>333173592
TF2 is more fun. Higher skill cap too.
>>
i just wish theyd fix the hit detection so that i dont have to compensate for the bullets going to the upper right side of the crosshairs
>>
>>333173927
They'll never remove the random RNG because a low skill ceiling keeps bad players happy.
>>
>>333173214
>Pistols are overpowered, SMG's are underpowered.

Agree with totally
>Counter-strafing is bullshit, no matter how long it's been a part of CS mechanics
Agree

>You can still run with the AWP, even after the nerf.
Agree

>Jump shots land way too often.
Agree

>the deagle is trash.
Subjective

>Reg is shit on 64 tick, and moderately reliable on 128.
Totally this, I don't even think it's solely down to tickrate though. I think the games networking is the thing that is rigged.
Yesterday clicked ACCEPT, joined game, Enemy player already had 7 kills against bots.. like how the fuck is that possible? if I was number 2 to join the server?

>hitscan
Client Based SHitscan indeed

>Good weapon skins do not drop anymore because???? >Glock-18 | Fade
Never got the skin fad, I have few on most used guns, but no way would I waste hundreds of ££ on skins that some cunt made in photoshop that look like toys.

>Active duty maps should not have an effect on weapon skin drops.
Not sure your point, but again, fuck skins.

>VAC is trash
Agreed, it's just a glorified Punkbuster and the fact Valve never speak about it's methods of anti cheat, proves that maybe it's just not as effective as it has been 'meme'd to be believed.
(A friend who unironically admitted he has been using a hosting site for cheats, is STILL playing 6 months later, no overwatch, but he showed me the wallhack in a screenshot he linked.

>community is balls

Agreed, a bunch of entitled elitist chodes who cry superiority if the game favours there connection, the same fucking faggots who get REKT at any other game, the same faggots who never play LAN and rely on 3rd world ISPS to have high ping advantage so they can prefire thin air to get frags.
>>
>>333174021
hey since youre in the know about these things, seemingly, has the aiming in css been fucked with too i havent played that version in a long time and i think ill go play that in a little bit

just wanna know before i go play
>>
>>333173750
point is. there is almost no individual skill.
>>
>>333173214
> Pistols are OP, SMGs suck
SMGs suck because they're cheap, you're meant to main rifles and not a fucking UMP. They fucking SUPPOSED to be shit, that's why they're cheap, though if you get a good flank off you can still get a good few SMG kills. And if anything, the MP9 is too good for its price - it's literally the jumping around like a spastic gun.

> Counter-strafing is BS
Learn to do it or just burst-fire. It's a mechanic.

> Jump shots are too good
No, no they aren't. Only on certain weapons at close range. They aren't reliable at all, and you shouldn't be relying on them.

> Hitscan
WTF is this supposed to even mean, you mean that the game needs realistic bullet physics? What would that add? Retardation?

> Reg is shit
No it isn't, it's the fucking silent aim patch they made to prevent you from getting uber headshots with hacks.

> Good skins don't drop any more
New good skins drop, and it drives up value of the older skins - giving the new ones more of a chance. Valve want people to be able to get nice looking skins at a reasonable price, and that usually means the newer ones.

> Active duty maps should not have an effect on weapon skin drops
They don't. It makes no difference what map you play on.

> VAC is trash
They aren't miracle workers. You would rather them use Punkbuster? VAC is reasonably reliable, it detects cheats probably about 60% of the time and very infrequently has any false positives.

> Community is balls
All online communities are balls. To be honest, CS:GO's community isn't that terrible in the grand scheme of things, not compared to TF2 or CoD. But yes, a lot of players are dickshits.

> No sprays
They were a security hazard.
>>
>>333174209
All iterations of CS have random RNG. 1.6 even has several recoil patterns chosen at random.
>>
>>333173214
The hitregistration is problematic because of the lag compensation implemented. It evens the game for the extremes, but makes it that ping and fps differing will sometimes create those "shot through him" moments. Sometimes the server itself suffers from packetloss, and it happens again. Play it in LAN with 64 tick and you know it's true.

Most of the time the hitreg is completely fine, but you only remember dem "I SHOT HIM WIT ME AWP AND IT WENT STRAIT THROU FUCK THIS GAME". You had 120 ping and he had 5 or vice versa.

Also, VAC is good enough. You know, if cheat is running in driver level, and obfuscates itself properly, even CEVO or any other "good" anticheat can't detect it. It's impossible.
>>
>>333174373
yea but i dont remember CSS making me have to compensate for bullets going to the upper right side of the crosshairs

fuck ill just go play it and find out for myself
>>
so much butt-hurt itt. yes cs:go can be shit (especially when you have a retarded team), but how is it less skill-based than arena shooters? or cod? or battlefield?
>>
>>333173134
i'm global elite in cs but even i know tf2 and ow have higher skill ceilings
>>
>>333170683
It's not a hide and seek game because of one team doesn't do anything they lose. Every time.
>>
>>333174302
I got to GE with only an UMP and dualies on an alt account.
>>
File: 1458073498190.jpg (109 KB, 320x512) Image search: [Google]
1458073498190.jpg
109 KB, 320x512
>How did this game get so popular

Well let me see:

Dead as fuck game with little to no new features over its predecessor

Valve Board Meeting

"Our game is dying on it's ass Lord Gaben"
"Execute Order Hats"
"But Sir...the game itself is fundamentally broken and flawed an..."
"Do as I bid, the goyim will bend to our will, they are fickle and will lap up anything with a price tag"
"What of the Console scene?"
"Jesus does it look like we can sell hats with the Consoles Governing the entire scene?"

And so it became that a shitters game became a Major 'sport' and many hats were sold, but the game stayed flawed, the consoles were dropped from the game >inb4 hurr console twitch shooter - and the community was left to fight over shiny objects and claim superiority over one another, when essentially, they are porr and Gaben gets fatter on Idiots cash.
>>
hey how do i filter out stupid shit like bhop, surf and idle servers?

and also how to i get the game to permanently remember those filters?
>>
>>333176272
>playing on community servers

Enjoy your malware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oy7YN_fnns&feature=youtu.be
>>
som im playing CSS and im amazed at how better im performing

csgo sucks
any way to get csgo graphics with css mechanics?
>>
arena shooter crowd moved on with their life.
>>
>>333174465
It's just arena fps kids are upset their shit genre is dead.
>>
>>333167114
>arenas are better imo
You have shit taste

>why csgo?
You think it's boring because you have add

When cs first came out it was revolutionary.
The game is easy to learn hard to master
Pretty much everyone in their late 20s or older has nostalgia for it.

On the other hand, arena shooters are a dime a dozen. They have 0 competitive viability because it's a constant shitfest.

Quake 3 had a competitive scene because it was so popular
>>
>>333177568
>You think it's boring because you have add
nah, arena shooters are just better
>>
>>333177568
>The game is easy to learn hard to master
CoD is harder to master. At least there bullets go where you aim
>>
>>333178465
coming from halo 1-3 and going to any cod game I found it easy as fuck
>>
>>333178413
That's why there's so many of them coming out the last few years

>>333178465
Cod is an arena shooter, therefore it's shit
>>
>>333178924
>That's why there's so many of them coming out the last few years
cs is easy af. I think you just have autism to enjoy playing it. that's why cod is popular too...
>>
>>333179012
It is easy because most people playing are standard /v faggots.
>>
Counter Strike is a team game. match making isn't shit and is not indicative of how the game is supposed to be played. If you've never played on an actual team you've never played counter strike and have no idea what you're talking about.

Challenge: If you think counter strike is a low-skill game post your ESEA account or steam ID so we can see what teams you've been on. I doubt even one naysayer has a clue.
>>
>>333179012
>cs is easy af.
no, it's not. it takes fast reaction times, quick thinking and good on-the-fly judgement, and it takes being able to effectively and concisely share information and interpret information from teammates, and apply all of this things in tandem

i'm guessing you never got far in esea if you think cs is easy
>>
>>333168091
I think its more that players who aren't particularly skilled can still contribute and have some fun piggy backing off their teammates where as in a 1v1 game they would be crushed over and over.
>>
>>333178924
It's kinda funny and sad how the video game industry has mirrored music since 2006 when the casuals entered the market.

Justin Bieber, Drake, Selena Gomez and Adele are easily palatable garbage that is extremely popular with the lowest common denominator.

CS, DotA, LoL and Hearthstone are easily palatable garbage that is extremely popular with the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>333169994
One life per round adds to the tension of the game and changes up the strategy. In cs you need to be careful, methodic, and work with your team. A slower pace can offer a different sort of fun.
>>
>>333180131
>no, it's not. it takes fast reaction times, quick thinking and good on-the-fly judgement
and how is that unique to other fps games? in quake you literally can't afford to miss a single rail shot
>>
>>333181689
also in competitive quake a lot of people don't like maps that have rain guns because then it comes close to simply being aim and muscle memory, which is literally cs
>>
File: 1437253873755.webm (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1437253873755.webm
2 MB, 1440x900
>>333182986
>CS
>aim and muscle memory

ROFL
>>
90% of the people in this thread don't actually play arena shooters. That's why arena FPS is dying. Everytime a new one comes out no one plays it. You'd rather shitpost about how good they are and not play them.
>>
>>333183173
I don't get the point of your webm tho?
>>
>>333183296
Yep, they all play CS because /v/ is filled with casuals.

The casual movement has been gaining momentum since 99 when this game gave shitters a baby mode alternative for FPS.
>>
>>333183515
Use your brain.

Oh wait, Valvedrones don't have brains.
>>
>>333167114
>big name
>easy to get into
>le epic old school shooter's new version
>perfect normie bait
>muh esport
also dirt cheat very frequently with retardbait things like skins and such
>>
>>333183597
I'm the guy you're replying too and I'm 100% positive you're garbage at Quake or any Arena FPS in general. You're insanely uneducated and misguided if your opinion of CS is "baby mode alternative for FPS"

Like you're literally comparing a 5v5 team based tactics shooter to a 1v1 duel arena fps...I'm sure you're shit at both.
>>
>>333183597
>The casual movement has been gaining momentum
>momentum
too bad that's something cs doesn't have
>>333183695
im not a valvedrone tho and I don't know where you got that idea?
>>
>>333183735
I'm the guy you're replying too and I'm 100% positive you're garbage at Quake or any Arena FPS in general.

You know how I know? Because you play CS and unironically think that CS has a high skill ceiling.

By the way, 4chan is 18+, kiddo.
>>
>>333183778
>>333183173
let me fix this. aim and muscle memory/ who sees who first is a bad thing
>>
>>333183843
Duel right now? I love spanking idiots that think their opinion means shit.
>>
>>333167114

i feel you but bro, there's no need to just hate.

its not like there's a trend now because of CS - we already had trending modern military FPS years before, and if anything CoD itself is going more sci-fi and crazy.

there's probably more arena-y FPS choice games to play than there is CS-esque games, if you're prepared to push the definition a bit (TF2) or play with very small community (QL, ratz, warsow, toxxik, that one super mlg shooter default looking shitty game, UE2016 tech demo whatever the fuck, most of them in fact).

so why hate CS when it gives you a very different feeling and experience to arena games, and its pretty unique to CS itself; just because it's popular?
>>
>>333183597
If you're gunna call people casuals, let's see your steam ID or ESEA and check what CS teams you've been on bud.
>>
>>333183778
>Using question marks for two statements in a row

Confirmed for retarded Valvedrone.
>>
>>333183946
where did you get that idea? was it when I said the rail gun is not liked in quake 3/live?
>>
>>333183908
no it isn't. you probably can't even explain it.
>>
>>333183943
I don't play casual games, sorry.
>>
>>333184073
kill yourself, want me to explain how?
>>
>>333183914
>>333183843
Scared?
>>
>>333184139
Not him, but yes, please explain it, I'm convinced you're just throwing buzzword around.
>>
>>333184385
what buzzwords?
>>
>>333184084
If you've never played on a CS team you don't know how the game works. You are the biggest casual in the thread, ironic.
>>
Why can some things normally discussed but stuff like Arena FPS, CS, Dota/LoL always end or even start in senseless shit-flinging and pointless hate?
>>
>>333184524

CS is the lowest skill ceiling, casual baby mode FPS on the market.
>>
>>333184648
The truth is always too much for casuals to bear.
>>
>>333184472
I'm assuming you're the "low skill ceiling" "RNG" guy. But guess I can't prove it.
>>
>>333167298

>point and click "realistic" (ca. 1999) shooter
>fun

You have to be lobotomized to think CS is fun
>>
I much prefer quake to cs but I feel like cs might be a better team fps. idk what the rules are for quake3/live tdm but quake is definitely a better 1v1 fps
>>333184876
>I'm assuming
never assume, because then you make an ass out of u and me. hmm that must be why you enjoy team games like cs? here are my posts nigga
>>333184472
>>333184139
>>333184035
>>333183908
>>333183778
>>333183515
>>333181689
>>333179012
>>333178413
>>
>>333184685
Do you know how to read or is your brain stuck in a permanent loop of ignorance? If you've never played on a team you dont know shit about CS. Match making is not real CS. The fact you're commenting on a game you haven't gotten into at even an amateur level of play is the sign of a true casual. You're a huge pleb friend, I laugh at you.
>>
>>333179925
>having to pay to 3rd parties for "real" game experience
top cuck
>>
I feel this way except with DOTA.

I had fun with a couple rounds of "Tower Defense With Heroes" in between better custom games but Jesus fucking Christ what happened.
>>
>>333185561
Nah. If you're good enough you can just get on a team. Scrubs like you who don't know how to play should sign up and learn the game though.
>>
>>333167114
Just like any (balanced) multiplayer game the skill required will change depending on your opponent. If you're going to play casual or comp you are probably trash. The people you'll find there are probably trash. Same goes for Quake Live, I don't know how many time I've seen two people fighting with 8000000 DPI spinning around with rocket launchers killing themselves.

Yeah, if Arena Shooters were more popular I'm 100% sure bottom of the barrel players will be doing the same shit they were doing in CS on that game.

>>333167943
Fun is an subjective term and for most people, killing others and making them wait outweighs the dying.
>>
>>333185829

>sign up
>to play fucking counter strike

What about CS attracts so much competitive autism? Why not play another game?
>>
>>333171904
I'd say shit posting on 4chan takes more skill than collecting hats and talking about your favorite pony on TF2.
>>
>>333167114

>valve game
>created the weapon skin selling bullshit
>runs on any shitty computer
>cheap
>easy to learn impossible to master

Don't get me wrong, I hate this game but I understand why it has such a broad appeal.
>>
>>333186165
Why are all of you so bad at reading?

MATCH MAKING IS NOT REAL COUNTER STRIKE HOLY FUCK GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS.

people are willing to shill out for ESEA because the game is played fucking different. ESEA is matchmaking for people who want to play at an actual quality level of play, and want to get good enough to get on a team.
>>
>>333174162
>Subjective
You mean disagree right? You're not a fucking retard, right? You can't dismiss his opinion as subjective when you're sharing your own.

>Agreed, a bunch of entitled elitist chodes who cry superiority if the game favours there connection
Low ping is objectively better and high ping doesn't net you any benefit except against the worst players.

>the same fucking faggots who get REKT at any other game
Most people good at CS are good at other FPS games. If you really care go watch a streamer, but you know you don't and will continue to talk out of your ass.

>the same faggots who never play LAN and rely on 3rd world ISPS to have high ping advantage so they can prefire thin air to get frags.
Why do you have to play on LAN to be relevant? You claim to hate elitists, but immediately have an elitist mentality. Go back to HLTV.

You're a fucking retard..
>>
>>333174302
>What would that add? Retardation?
Bullet physics would be aids in a game like counter strike. It would only increase the amount of unwarranted hate towards the game.

Besides, most of the things people complain about as being a new issue with CSGO have been in CS for over a decade.

>jump shotting
>RNG
>bad reg
>bad community

>>333174449
Peeker's advantage is one of the main issues with 64tick servers.

>>333174459
I just played it, you have to compensate for the recoil. Or you can just drop people with the AWP. EZ on crackhouse with scrubs.

>>333176272
Tags. You can filter servers based on the tags (I think the person/admin setting up the server chooses them). For example, deathmatch, retakes, and shit like that. Choose the type of server you want to play.
>>
>>333176272
>>333187985
Also there is a blacklist. It doesn't work for every server, but just choose one of the tags like "idle", select every server, right click, and then the blacklist server option in the drop down.
>>
>>333186630
>MATCH MAKING IS NOT REAL COUNTER STRIKE
This. MM is a fucking joke.
>>
>>333167114

>CS upto 1.6
>wallbanging, epic games, strats, guns are perfect
>scrubs bitch about awp in pubs and high skill ceiling

>CSS comes out
>removes wallbanging and loud footsteps because noobs want a chance, increases grenade damage because CoD generation
>still pretty fun, competitive scene is shit tho, doesn't even compare with 1.6

>CSGO announced, big hype
>beta
>pro teams are largely ignored by developers
>game is CoDified
>game scene moves away from western europe and more toward the Dota shitter community
>tons of pro teams just no interest in the game
>community now largely consists of the Russian invasion of Steam
>massive cheating scandals etc because Russian shitter teams

>rip CS
>>
>make game more casual
>get more players

simple

add in skins and these shitty operations and bingo.

It wouldn't be so bad if they at least gave the community servers the love which source received.
>>
File: incredulous daemon.png (997 KB, 625x615) Image search: [Google]
incredulous daemon.png
997 KB, 625x615
>mfw cs babbies tried to fight me in ut/quake
>mfw they always get destroyed
>>
>>333188261
Counter-Strike would be better if they didn't try to appeal to a wider audience.
>>
You can blame counter strike for the majority of faggotry in online gaming.

That's when online gaming became awful and cancerous.

Think about it.

That's when everyone turned into a giant annoying loud mouthed faggot.

I blame like 60% of all garbage people have to deal with in online gaming now, on Counter Strike.

I'm not saying there weren't faggots before CS, but when CS came out it was like a faggot bomb that went off and we are still suffering from the fallout.
>>
>>333188261
>game is CoDified

i agree with basically everything else you said but how is CSGO codified? there's no regen health, weapons have recoil and spray patterns as well, all things that COD lacks
>>
>>333188569

not him but this has to be the easiest CS to run and gun, personally, I hate it.
>>
File: 01.jpg (685 KB, 2432x1621) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
685 KB, 2432x1621
>>333188330
>mfw being good at and enjoying both
>>
>>333188684
thats kinda the point of CS though, running and gunning.

CoD is the game where all fights boil down to 2 situations:

a) both people have their feet planted, shooting each other. First person to fire wins.

b) One guy is firing at the other guy, who is moving and not shooting because shooting while moving in COD games gives you next to no accuracy.
>>
>>333188502
Nah, team games in general have that effect, it doesn't necessarily need to be counter strike.
>>
I've been playing CS since 2005 and disgusted with how it's the most popular competitive shooter right now.

Not to mention the community is filled with toxic cunts who I wish physical harm on.
>>
>>333188849
same, I remember playing on UKCS, office all day, wrecking shits left and right

>Not to mention the community is filled with toxic cunts who I wish physical harm on.

They're not all that different from the lol/dota2 folk are they
>>
>>333171486
At least in Siege there's always stuff to be doing, even after death you're able to and even expected to use the cams you set up to support your teammates.
>>
>>333188330
There's a lot of game knowledge that goes into ut/quake. I don't blame CS babbies for getting over whelmed. I played it when I got younger and only got better when I learned to aim. I still don't know shit about managing power ups or maps.

>>333188569
More shit everywhere, more grey/brown and gloom. Game really took a step back from being a clean cut game and went towards something too realistic. There's uneven ground and all kinds of shit. Look at the AUG. CSGO was codifying a bit, but not overly so.

>>333188684
It depends, if you play on 128 and can aim, running and gunning isn't that important.

>>333188783
Nah dude, I just sit in a building with a sniper and out play everyone with kill streaks that run around the map.

>>333188849
>toxic cunts who I wish physical harm on.
Don't be so self-abusive. I bet you're actually a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>333189154
>i just sit in a building with a sniper

i'm sorry but i feel like you don't play CS on the simple merit that the reports of sniper rifles are so loud and recognizable, you would get wallbanged by a M4 or AK in seconds by sitting in the same spot sniping the entire round.
>>
>>333185328

CS is the lowest skill ceiling, casual baby mode FPS on the market.
>>
>>333189154
>Don't be so self-abusive.
If their parents caught them doing the shit they did, I'm sure they would get quite the beating.
>>
>>333188569

general move towards looking behaving more like CoD

recoil and spray patterns are more ez level for shitters to handle, they were changed a lot

also in terms of style, muh camo guns, muh camo knives etc

the whole thing has moved away from CS and more towards a broad appeal shooter imo
>>
>>333171668
>lowest skill ceiling FPS on the market
What is Call of Duty, Rainbow Six Siege, H1Z1?
>>
File: hit.webm (459 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
hit.webm
459 KB, 600x338
>>333167114
It's a pretty good game anon. You just need to learn how to get better and quit complaining about how much you suck and how you're not having fun.

Casuals these days never cease to amaze me.
>>
File: 1459482355517.png (119 KB, 225x227) Image search: [Google]
1459482355517.png
119 KB, 225x227
>>333167298
>fun game
Not even remotely
>>
>>333189154
>running and gunning isn't that important.
Your right and i agree but my point that its the easiest cs to do it in, which takes it a step towards COD and the lowest denominator

>>333188783
>point of CS though, running and gunning.
no, it was about good movement and side/stutter stepping not this new ayy im gona spray the A1 cause it its low spread, recoil and i might get lucky headshot adadadadad
Also, god i hate this new crouching + walking = standing accuracy, is this really intended?
>>
>>333172921
This a hundred times
People tryhard so much in this game. They don't even remotely try to have fun
>>
>>333183173
jeez ure butt blasted. prolly just got anal'ed by a bunch of russians in gn.
git gud
>>
>>333174302
>They were a security hazard.
>this is what retards literally believe

for fucks sake, css had console commands already built into the game to prevent people's custom playerskins, weapon skins, sprays... other crap from being used. It was that fucking simple, yet the dipshits who made go couldn't even figure it out.
>>
>>333184884
UT is more point and click than CS
>>
File: 1457894068748.jpg (82 KB, 539x422) Image search: [Google]
1457894068748.jpg
82 KB, 539x422
>>333188330
>mfw ut/quake babbies tried to fight me in cs
>mfw they allways get destroyed
>>
>>333189651
All higher skill ceiling than CS.
>>
>>333189378
look at
>>333189651

>>333189362
I was replying to the guy about CoD.
Although, I never played 1.6. CSGO or source however has plenty of angles to hold without wallbangs.
>>
File: 1457455064720.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457455064720.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>333190174
>>
>>333186958
>Low ping is objectively better and high ping doesn't net you any benefit except against the worst players
>Why do you have to play on LAN to be relevant?
>>
>>333189975
You know sprays were removed because people would abuse it by forcing other people to view porn and disgusting shit.
>>
>>
>70% of the weapons are unviable
why even include them
>>
>>333189378
You're so cute when you shitpost. Take a picture and show mom.
>>
File: 1454517139152.png (498 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
1454517139152.png
498 KB, 600x665
>>333189651
>Rainbow Six Siege
>Low skill ceiling
>>
>>333190521
>b-but my comp
>>
File: 1437253697158.webm (2 MB, 820x656) Image search: [Google]
1437253697158.webm
2 MB, 820x656
>>333190556
I'm spreading the truth, anon.
>>
>>333189378
I'm better than you at your favorite game.
>>
>>333190738
What's the web m showing? That you fucking suck? No surprises here, you've done a great job spreading that trulth already.
>>
>>333167114
It's not fun at all, it takes skill but so does Brawl and it's a shit game, as well as the RNG aspect.

TF2 is a superior game competetively.
>>
>>333189798
>but my point that its the easiest cs to do it in
I agree, I didn't make it very clear rereading my post.

>>333190314
Don't get upset, that guy is intentionally being that big of an idiot.

>>333190483
Fight me on LAN kid.

>>333190518
>I'm bad at CS the picture

>>333190521
Which guns do you think are not viable?
>>
File: 1459430288309.jpg (23 KB, 424x317) Image search: [Google]
1459430288309.jpg
23 KB, 424x317
>>333190738
>aiming at the crotch
youre just fuckingmad that u are bad at the game and try to hide it behind shitposts
>>
The only real issues are that mm is 64 tick and the game boils down to can you keep an awp or two on your team

Pistols OP? Maybe a couple of them but if they were nerfed then pistol ecos are no longer economically damaging in the slightest
>>
>>333190789
I'm top 10 in my favorite game. Statistically, you have less than a fraction of a percent to be better than me and seeing as I know all the other guys, you're not. You're just an average casual Valvedrone shitposting because you're all out of arguments and you have no way of dealing with the loss aversion of spending hundreds of hours in a meaningless, casual game.
>>
>>333190738
Post some more anon so we can all keep laughing at you and your embarrassing opinions
>>
>>333190996
That's not me. Try again, Valvedrone.
>>
File: banner1.jpg (37 KB, 558x401) Image search: [Google]
banner1.jpg
37 KB, 558x401
>>333191187
is your favorite game Hello Kitty island adventures?
>>
>>333190738
>jumping right there
dostedt
>>
File: csgo RNG.webm (787 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
csgo RNG.webm
787 KB, 1280x720
>All these mad Valvekiddos

Would you look at that, summer already!
>>
>>333191187
I'm definitely better than you at that game, whatever boring casual garbage it is. Not hard to get "top ten" after putting a hundred hours into an easy game for babies.
>>
>>333191453
I've played plenty of ESEA and GE nerds. They're all shit, just like you.
>>
>>333191286
What's it showing then? Someone missed and got rekt. He's not even wearing armor. If you look at that and go "wow that was cheap!", not only do you not know counter strike but you're a massive casual.
>>
>>333191187
Care to prove you're top 10? Of course you won't.
>>
>>333190649
The pro series is being played with controllers.
There's about a million issues with being able to blow holes in walls.
There's classes, peeker's advantage, next to no spread (laser accurate) weapons, x4 optics are the best, ADS exists, shit netcode, and poor overall design over every map.

If having a high skill ceiling requires a game to be that shit then I seriously consider you just stop posting.
>>
>>333191553
Yeah? let's see your ESEA account and some proof then. A quick look at your stats should clear things right up. Unless you're just a casual buttblasted shitposter.....oh....right....
>>
>>333167114
Because it's a valve game
>>
>>333188261
>wallbanging
It was ridiculous in 1.6 You could shoot through walls that were layered without issue. Though on the flip side, GO has some retarded as fuck spots where you should easily penetrate and get some wallbangs but you don't.

>>333189798
>new ayy im gona spray the A1 cause it its low spread, recoil and i might get lucky headshot
Have you never watched a single pro 1.6 match?
>>
>>333191805
I already told you I don't play casual games.
>>
>>333191553
>They're all shit, just like you.
Cool story bro.

>I'm better than everyone I've ever played against in every game. Of course I can prove it, I just told you.
>>
>>333191805
He's just baiting you.
>>
>>333191805
>Unless you're just a casual buttblasted shitposter.....oh....right....
That's exactly what he is.
>>
>>333192117
how is that even bait? Bait is supposed to be smart so someone would fall for it. This guy is just straight up retarded.
>>
It was a pretty cool mod for Half-Life even though the devs' previous mod Action Quake 2 was better. Eventually Valve added hats and it really took off.
>>
>>333191442
Valve barely has anything to do with CS:GO other than skins, but good try.
>>
>>333192337
Baiting or trolling has been reduced to someone simply responding to you.
>>
>>333191928
>"I've played plenty of ESEA nerds!"
>Has never played ESEA in his entire life

I needed a good laugh, thanks for that and proving my point.
>>
File: fpsdoug.jpg (15 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fpsdoug.jpg
15 KB, 640x360
>>333190163
>mfw when they try to bhop, but are trash at airstrafe and do not have jump bound to scrollwheel
>>
File: 1408682297676.jpg (103 KB, 720x528) Image search: [Google]
1408682297676.jpg
103 KB, 720x528
>>333192586
>tfw bhopping in go sucks
If some doctor would use my time spent bhopping in source to diagnose me I'd be labeled autistic.
>>
I like tf2 better than csgo to be honest
>>
>>333192807
It took a while to get used to it in GO. KZ and BHOP servers aren't always populated, but they're pretty damned fun. I get called out for having a script a couple times a month.
>>
>>333192994
I get called out for scripting in minigame servers but even then I can't gain nearly as much speed as I used to. Then again I wasn't ever all that great. bhop_badges was too much for me but I could get a little past halfway.
>>
>>333193137
I never did enough bhopping in source, but there were uses for it in a limited capacity on the community servers I played. Mainly running away from zombies and making some long as jumps.

If you like GO enough, you should try playing on House of Climb. There's some interesting maps on their KZ (climb) server.
>>
>>333191691
>The pro series is being played with controllers.
Because it's sponsored by Xbox, and is fucking dumb.

>There's classes
Which is no different than just buying a gun, except for it requires a tiny bit more strategy since you actually have to coordinate a team.

>peeker's advantage
And also the ability to scout out anyone peaking and go from a different angle

>next to no spread (laser accurate) weapons
Which is compared to a game like CS, where you can instantly reset your spread while in full run, and have a gun that can be straight on accurate and also a one shot kill?

>x4 optics are the best
Not even. Considering half the maps are claustrophobic, x4 are almost never used.

>ADS exists, shit netcode,
I'll give you that.

It's not the most skillful game ever, but it's basically on the same tier level as CS, which is where if you can click on heads you can win most games.
>>
Action Quake 2 was more complex and much more fun. Also Quake 2's movement mechanics enabled a lot more radical and varied level design. I think only \5 people in Finland still play it though. RIP
>>
>>333189757
>no you're not actually having fun
lol
>>
>>333174162
>VAC is trash
As far as I know VAC has 3 or more components, 2 active and 1 passive. First component is always monitoring the process and some directories such as the place where cs is installed. Second Component will start at game start and check for any dll injections into the process and the third component will start after a random time after you started a game.

Pretty solid for a hack shield at least better as some other stuff.
>>
>>333191442
next CS when? this shit is getting old and its fucking glitchy
>>
>>333193623
Thanks, I'll check them out later. When I wasn't bhopping or surfing I'd occasionally join a deathrun server and bhop past everything. I got banned from a few since I was "ruining" the game for everyone else.

Maybe it isn't as bad as I think it is in go and it's just a little different like it was from 1.6 to source.
>>
>>333168329
>Solid team won out against a utterly shitshow group with 1 hardcarry.
>But muh kills

Enemy team still has far more kills overall.
What shitheads seem to forget is the team that ha more overall kills in CS is still the winner.
99% of the time, unless CT's fuck up the defuses on retakes, team with the most kills wins.

Heres the key difference: Where and when you get those kills actually matters, not how many you got and how fast you got them.

Speed =/= skill.
>>
>>333193661
>Which is no different than just buying a gun, except for it requires a tiny bit more strategy since you actually have to coordinate a team.
The problem is that you cannot counter pick at all. There's combinations that work well, like thatcher AND ANY OTHER OPERATOR. You cannot combat thatcher with anything. Not even Jager because Jager doesn't work through walls.

>And also the ability to scout out anyone peaking and go from a different angle

>Which is compared to a game like CS, where you can instantly reset your spread while in full run, and have a gun that can be straight on accurate and also a one shot kill?

>instantly reset your spread while in full run,
As opposed to fulling spraying will in full run. LOL ADS

>have a gun that can be straight on accurate and also a one shot kill?
The AWP can be negated by smokes, pop flashes, molotovs, wall bangs, pre-fires, and avoiding them. There is nothing you can do to fight some kid with an MP7 aiming down the sights spraying around a corner getting a headshot. Or some guy with a pistol and shield hip firing when you no long have a nitro cell.

>Not even. Considering half the maps are claustrophobic, x4 are almost never used.
I haven't played the competitive queue of R6S, so I apologize for arguing from ignorance in this case, and I really would not like to. In casual I've noticed almost everyone using the x4. What I've noticed about it, is that it magnifies your whole screen. It helps make sense of the chaos that is the map design.
>>
>>333180382
>CS, DotA, LoL and Hearthstone

At least three of those games occupy completely different tiers. Just because something is popular doesn't automatically mean it's trash, nor does it mean that you can automatically compare it to other popular videogames. Stop trying to fit in you fucking mouthbreather and at least try to think for yourself.
>>
File: 1327623854271.jpg (81 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1327623854271.jpg
81 KB, 500x329
>>333168329
>CS on a console
>>
>>333194537
it's all trash
>>
>>333194613
I don't think console CS:GO is patched to the point of having profile ranks, I think they guy's just a retard.
>>
>>333194613
CS was actually pretty cool on Xbox huge.
>>
I'm done with this shit community flooded with 12 year olds and literal Reddit meme spammers on 64tick servers.

Are any of the 128tick private servers free? I'm not going to pay ESEA $10 a month for a game I own.
>>
>>333194636
Second.
>>
>>333191691
>no spread
>no RNG is considered a bad thing
Lol what the fuck
>>
>>
>>333194080
>I'd occasionally join a deathrun server and bhop past everything.
I love doing this.

>I got banned from a few since I was "ruining" the game for everyone else.
There was a zombie server I was playing on that they told me to stop bhopping or they'd perma-ban me, with only that warning. I have never played on that server since.

>Maybe it isn't as bad as I think it is in go and it's just a little different like it was from 1.6 to source.
I feel that way, it's different, but not in a way that makes it terrible. I was bhopping and awping earlier today on source and I was having a blast. If you don't like it, you don't have to do it, no pressure bro.
>>
It's always so cute to watch /v/ try to shit on the best fps of all times.
>>
>>333195368
Is this image supposed to show me that CS:GO doesn't take skill in a witty or otherwise humorous way?

Because Its doing a very poor job.
>>
>>333195643
Silver shitter detected
>>
>>333195239
>complete lack of spread
>get spraying SMG headshots (instakill) across the map with 10,000DPI razer shit throwing your mouse around considered a good thing
Lol what the fuck
>>
>>333194490
>There's combinations that work well, like thatcher AND ANY OTHER OPERATOR. You cannot combat thatcher with anything. Not even Jager because Jager doesn't work through walls.
Except the only time you'd ever use Thatcher is if there is a specific wall that has a jammer behind it.

>As opposed to fulling spraying will in full run. LOL ADS
The ADS isn't THAT good. If you're in a camped position, sure, it'll negate spread, but while running it's almost the same as CSGO

>There is nothing you can do to fight some kid with an MP7 aiming down the sights spraying around a corner getting a headshot.
You can use smokes, flashbangs, grenades, or alternatively go around them and find another way in. Because there is literally not a single map where one guy in a good position can ever shut down an entire team, because you can just shoot them through another wall.

>Or some guy with a pistol and shield hip firing when you no long have a nitro cell.
You can shoot their feet or shoulders pretty easily, hit them when they do literally anything other than hip fire, or if you're close to them melee the fuck out of them, since a melee attack knocks their shield away.
>>
File: CSGO TAKES SKILL I SWEAR.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CSGO TAKES SKILL I SWEAR.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333195563
>best fps of all times
>>
>winning is fun
>getting good is fun
>shitting on bad players is fun
Lots of people have no idea what competitive gaming really is, have fun with that shitty doom multiplayer
>>
File: 1427087846229.gif (158 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1427087846229.gif
158 KB, 260x187
>>333195368
10/10

fucking nerds who don't understand gambling play this game. Their face when the realize this game takes no skill.
>>
>>333195368
>This is what silvers and gold novas actually believe

Why haven"t I seen a single LE player or higher complain about "RNG"? Is it because they're so fucking lucky and hit most of the intended shots, while you're just a perpetual loser that gets fucked over by "le RNG" so much that you constantly whine about the game (you most likely don't even play) on an anonymous Indian shitposting forum?
>>
>>333195643
It doesn't. If you're good, you're not going to put yourself into situations often that come down to RNG. People are just mad that some guy decided to spin on the bomb after maxing out his sensitivity avoiding the one tapping AK from long. Don't plant for long if you don't have an AWP or are not good.
>>
>>333196003
Someone who spent too much time getting their rank and think that they are good because of some cute medal on their steam profile.

"I PUT A LOT OF TIME INTO THIS GAME, THEREFORSKILL" lolk kid.
>>
>>333195797
How the fuck does spread solve that? That's just as likely to happen with spread as it is without. Spread literally only punishes people who are actually trying to be accurate.
>>
>>333167943

Clan Arena is actually one of the most played modes in WarsoW, Quake Live, and UT4 (it's called Showdown in UT4) and 2k4 (it's called "Team Arena Masters" in 2k4)

get fucked

I prefer duel, but whatever.
>>
>>333196003
>how come I never see slot machine tournament winners complain about RNG

This is how retarded you sound.
>>
>>333195883
What setting can I use to see this?

Actually very interesting.
>>
>>333195065
>>333195065
>>333195065
Can you fags stop replying to trolls and help somebody out who actually plays the game
>>
>>333195368
As much as I hate CSGO, there really isn't any RNG in the game. You can mitigate out the "RNG" by not spraying like a retard.
>>333195563
>best fps of all times
No
>>
>>333196278
faceit
>>
>>333196170
This is an 18+ board. I genuinely hope you're underage, because nobody over 18 should be this retarded.
>>
>>333195849
>Except the only time you'd ever use Thatcher is if there is a specific wall that has a jammer behind it.
How would you know if the enemy team had a jammer or electricity before hand? You need a thatcher.

>The ADS isn't THAT good.
Yes it is. It greatly increases your accuracy and is the only way to be relevant at a distance.

>You can use smokes
which stop you from pushing him
>flashbangs, grenades, or alternatively go around them
Not only do most sites have 1-2 ways into them without breaching, but they have 5 people. You cannot go around everyone. You have to fight, and even with flashbangs you cannot stop someone from blindly spraying through the wall you want to kill him through.

>You can shoot their feet or shoulders pretty easily, hit them when they do literally anything other than hip fire, or if you're close to them melee the fuck out of them, since a melee attack knocks their shield away.
It's the same RNG argument people complain about with CS. I've been HS from distance after shooting their feet and hiding behind a wall.
>>
Should I buy it?

Im between this one and Enter the Gungeon
>>
>>333196202
>Spread literally only punishes people who are actually trying to be accurate.
Sure, on the first bullet in CS, I have this issue with CSGO and I will not defend it.

>>333196462
or CEVO if you're from NA, faceit is pretty shit I've been told, but I have not played it.
>>
>>333196260
>RNG based game
>Constant top players
Pick one, faggot.
>>
>>333196702
Personally I don't support any devs that call their game a roguelike when they have no idea what they're talking about. But that's just me annoyed that no genre is safe from retards.
>>
File: 1459705707454.jpg (110 KB, 530x502) Image search: [Google]
1459705707454.jpg
110 KB, 530x502
>>333196702
>two radically different games
Do you want a multiplayer FPS or a bullet hell dungeon crawler according to steam? It's your money do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
File: grrrlll.jpg (119 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
grrrlll.jpg
119 KB, 1200x750
>>333177262
im upset coz i grew up with shooters where you fucking run jump use teleports etc all the time, its so much fun to quake 3, and all modern kids wanna play is camping simulators where you wait for someone to look in the wrong direction to click first and thats a kill. no creative gameplay just sitting in corner waiting for a faggot to walk by

>i saw you first coz im spending all my fucking life to hide in the dead angles so i can shoot you in the back xDD
>oh you hit me 7 times 68 damge i hit u once while jumping with awp 4239856 damage xDD
>cyka blyat we dont fucking english xDD
>noob lol u mad lol noob lol u mad lolnoob lol u mad lolnoob lol u mad lolnoob lol u mad lol
at least gaming didnt make me wanna kill myself before. warcraft 3 was legit fun so was ut 2004 all these fucking faggot ass REALISM games are killing any interest to play.

it´s boring I can go outside if i want boring dont bring reality to games.
>>
>>333196887
>What is NiP's 87-0 winning streak. Google it.
>>
>>333176264

This. Cs:go was fucking dead until it became skin collection which is basically paid mods since skins are LITERALLY one of the easiest things to produce.
>>
>>333197076
How does that in any way disprove my point that there's no RNG in CS:GO?
>>
>>333195239
CS fanatics do not realize that RNG in the form of random spread can only reduce a game's depth, and only provides downsides without benefits. They level baseless criticism at mechanics like ADS that are featured in other games, while making similarly baseless claims that CS specific mechanics are superior and provide more depth. They do not care about game modes beyond de, in fact they generally deride them as for casuals.

CS fanatics only want to play CS. They were too young to experience the FPS scene before Half-Life, but old enough that Halo or CoD4 weren't their first. They probably didn't see how even CS used to be better and more fun, getting worse with every patch on the road to 1.6. That's why there has never been an attempt to make an actual expansion or sequel since the botched abortion that was CZ, just HD remakes with more brown, bloom and hats.
>>
>>333179925
>you have to play our music with friends in club after playing 100$ for tickets in Miami while fucking a bitch whos fucking a dude whos fucking you while you do cocaine or you cant enjoy the music
get a load of this faggot
>>
>>333197075
>OMFG CAMPERS

>at least gaming didnt make me wanna kill myself before.
Are you on medication? You need to see someone for that.

>warcraft 3 was legit fun
And you're the authority on what's fun for other people? It's entirely subjective and I personally love playing against other players in a competitive format. If I played more arena shooters when I was growing up I might be playing quake live right now instead of CSGO.

>all these fucking faggot ass REALISM games are killing any interest to play.
For you.

>it´s boring I can go outside if i want boring dont bring reality to games.
so instead I sit inside and shit post on /v/ :^))))
>>
Q3A>CS:GO
>>
>>333197406
CPM=CSGO >>>>>>>>>>>>> Q3A
>>
>>333197212
>RNG based game
>Constant top players
87-0 is pretty fucking consistent. GTR and f0rest are some of the CS players of all time. Even outside of GO.
>>
>>333197482
spotted the shitter
>>
How many of you guys in thread work for valve?
>>
>>333197075
FPS is practically dead, nothing good lasts forever. I've given up on the genre and found other games.
>>333197406
How many people still play Quake? Last time I played QL I played with or against the same people every few games of CA. Heard about Reflex but that just looks like CPMA in HD.
>>
>>333172078
>CS has lowest skill ceiling
>Therefore everything else is skill based

Are you having a stroke
>>
>>333197528
Reread my post. That's my entire fucking point. A game that has the same group of players constantly in the top can't be RNG based by definition.
>>
>>333197223
How the fuck does RNG some how only apply to Counter Strike?
>What is the Assault Rifle in Quake Live?
>>
>>333196237
I know, which is a major reason I don't play arena shooters any more. Clan Arena was a mistake. It lures people in because you don't have to get items, but you're really only playing a tiny fraction of the game and as such are more likely to get bored and quit. It's the $16K 64 player shitfest of arena shooters.
>>
>>333197750
My bad. NaVi was fucking vomit in the final and I'm still sad. I did misread your post. Please forgive me.
>>
File: TOXIN-WASTE.jpg (60 KB, 669x671) Image search: [Google]
TOXIN-WASTE.jpg
60 KB, 669x671
>>333197395
>you cant tell me whats fun if i say its fun ITS FUN TO YOU TO END OF DISCUSSION
sure did convince me all csgo lovers arent just plain crazy hitlers :^)
ITP im the camper faggot who pretends to live in WW2, i also like historically realistic gun autism and wish i had P90 shaped dildo, IMO nintendo is shit coz i wanna pretend i´m an adult doing realistic, dark, edgy adult things while gaming
>>
pretty sure most of the people in this thread hating have only played console shooters their entire lives and tried CS once, coudln't hit shit and then blamed the game. Go back to your lowskill, everyman pickup game CoD that my 7 year old nephew can beat you in.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.