[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can a free2play arena shooter possibly make money without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: pay2win_chart.jpg (179 KB, 1077x524) Image search: [Google]
pay2win_chart.jpg
179 KB, 1077x524
How can a free2play arena shooter possibly make money without being pay2win?

Let's just be honest with ourselves: Putting an entry fee on a multiplayer game isn't an outrageous idea and can generate revenue in a much more sensible, traditional, and community-sensitive manner.
>>
>>333147351
>How can a free2play arena shooter possibly make money without being pay2win?

Selling in game content that doesn't give the player an edge, such as items with aesthetic appeal.
>>
>>333147520
Is that even viable?

How many players will really buy cosmetic items for a new IP that may or may not work out?
>>
I would gladly pay 20 bucks to try out a new shooter and cut out the character/weapon unlock bullshit. And i wish more people could recognize exp boosters are p2w.

Counterstrike is doing well with its 16 dollar price tag, but I think thats mostly to deter hackers.
>>
Pay 2 Skip Grind is a lot different than P2W.
>>
the p2w concept it's a bit wrong.

if you can get cash shop items without paying anithing (but farming) is not a pay 2 win.
>>
>>333147351
Grindboosters are not p2w, neither are grind-or-pay unlocks.
>>
>>333148178
>>333147879
not if the grind is so incredibly long that paying becomes the only rational option
>>
>>333147351
pay for new skin/hats
tf2 has been doing this for years. they hardly even add anything to the game, and when they do its usually just some community made map+some minor bugfixes.
>>
File: blade and soul.jpg (110 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
blade and soul.jpg
110 KB, 1024x768
Best f2p-but-not-p2w MMO coming trough
>>
File: image.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
>>333147351
Warframe did the f2p thing right.
>premium currency available for free
>cosmetic items mainly
>dissuades players from becoming whale with expensive af non cosmetic items
>non cosmetic prime items available for frère
>trading dope AF (in game market 80 plat=4 cores trading 80 plat=80 cores
>>
>>333149796
>premium currency available for free
via trade of rare loot
>cosmetic items mainly
Not counting inventory spaces and warframe spaces you gonna need to actually get to that loot.
To get farming to better loot you need a couple of good mods and time. Quite a lot of time, since upgrading the mods requires insane amounts of credits.
>>
>>333149995
Its one of the "cash traps" set by the game.
Its like a scam when you think about it.
The early game was made this way to make you think that you need to buy plat while all you really need to do is get 5 mods and a second warframe.

But they made it easier. Now you have 150 starting plat and they implemented a mid-late game tier weapon acessible to beginners, if they decide to face the grind.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.