[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we ever going to get X-Men for Disney Infinity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123 KB, 1277x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123 KB, 1277x720
Are we ever going to get X-Men for Disney Infinity?
>>
No, Disney is too salty about Fox having movie rights
>>
>>333136403
And that's retarded of them. X-Men toys print money and Disney doesn't want anything to do with the franchise, even for cartoons. I'm pretty sure this all started after the Disney buyout. When Marvel Studios was still independent they still put out X-Men toys every time there was a new movie, but Disney has to have a stick up their ass about it.
>>
>>333137098
Yes, the blackout was a post Disney change, I guess the movies are more important than anything else Marvel used to do, damn shame.
>>
I would buy that Jean Grey in a heartbeat
>>
>>333136403
You sure its Disney? Marvel has a long,
LONG history of being incredibly selfdefeating and vindictiveness
>>
>>333138580
Marvel's video games have gone to shit since then, too. They pulled all of the Marvel games that were out from store shelves except Spider-Man and have only been doing mobileshit and Infinity, and all of it has to promote the Disney-distributed movie brands rather than being comic themed. Somehow Deadpool got put back on shelves in time for the movie, but that is definitely the exception and not the rule. All iterations of Marvel vs Capcom are gone including the DLC for UMVC3, because apparently Disney doesn't want that money. If they weren't doing this, it would be available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC by now.
>>
>>333134554
X-Men are shit. We need more of the current Marvel Studios characters and Star Wars characters.
>>
>>333139343
>X-Men are shit.
Well, they are.
Fucking minorities allegories, why /v/ likes them I'll never know, certainly happy to harp on minorities proper.
>>
>>333139029
Like when they canceled Spectacular Spider-Man (GOAT-tier cape cartoon) and replaced it with Ultimate Spider-Man (shit-tier cape cartoon), or even within Disney, replacing Avengers EMH with Avengers Assemble.

If Marvel has something good, you can count on it only being a matter of time before they end it and replace it with something inferior that will help them promote their brand better.

I really worry that this is what's going to happen going from Captain America: TWS to Civil War, because we went from a great Captain America solo movie that dealt was about issues relevant to American culture, to a movie that's basically Avengers-lite setting up Black Panther and Spider-Man and the plot is literally "what if all the superheroes fought each other at the same time?"
>>
>>333139490
X-men are an allegory for misfits of any kind. If you're an underemployed basement dweller you probably feel like an outcast even if you're not a minority, so it's easy to see why X-men has such a universal appeal.
>>
>>333137098
>>333136403
Because FOX gets royalties from the X-men toys. They retain the merchandising rights to this day of the X-men brand, which is why you will not see any X-men toys or Infinity figures.
>>
>>333139309
It's because those rights to all those games were to different companies and the rights expired.

Deadpool came back because FOX fronted the bill for Activision to have the DP rights again, so there could be a game when the movie came out.

Disney has already sold the rights to other companies, and have the other games availably digitally infringes on those rights.

This isn't new and it's alot less sinister than you're thinking. It was just more noticeable because they made an effort to get alot of rights back before Avengers hit theaters so they could option them off again.
>>
>>333140080
So the reason why we don't see X-Men toys anymore is because Disney doesn't want to make money if Fox is making money too?

Does that licensing agreement only pertain to the movie merch, or merch based on the comics as well? Marvel would have had to really cock things up if Fox gets a cut every time they sell a yellow spandex Wolverine toy.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.