[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: DS2.jpg (73 KB, 784x484) Image search: [Google]
DS2.jpg
73 KB, 784x484
General Dark Souls 2 Thread
New player here, about 10 hours in, stuck at Heides Tower of Flame. Can't get past the giant knight fags. Seem to always get hit by them. Maybe I'm not dodging at the right time?
Tips are appreciated.
>>
dodge at the right time

increase adaptability
>>
>>333085074
>adaptability
That's agility right? I'm rolling as a bandit so I haven't thought much about it since I thought my base adaptability should be fine.
>>
>>333084903
git gud
(really tho thats the only advice that will get you thru)
>>
>>333085198
adp increases agility yeah, which in turn increase the number of i frames you have per roll

i think most people dodge instead of block get their adp up to at least 30
>>
>>333084903
walk up to them and just watch them attack , dont try to hit them just focus on the learning for the time being and once you figure out their moveset and their openings start attacking
>>
>>333085587
I tried blocking before, but the thing that discourages me from doing it is that it takes both health and stamina. Also, it looks like blocking wouldn't be efficient against enemies that can't be stun locked (such as giant knight fags)
>>
>>333084903
Take off all of your armor (style points and rolls for days my man) then roll into their attack to get to their backs. Afterwards, get a few hits and roll away. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>333084903
>lock on
>sprint towards
>as they swing sprint to thewards side of them
>you will circle them from the lock on
>hit them in the back

first time for me was rough too, but you get used to the attacks fast

the boss is the same shit, easy

dragon sucks if no range

hardest is undoubtedly the white heide knight with the spear/lance on the staircase by the dragon
>>
I cannot for the life of me play these games. Every time I die I can hear the internet laughing at me.
I would have thought I would have learned fighting these bosses over and over again, but there's always something new I die to.
>>
>>333084903
im also new, havent even got estus yet
what are torches for?
>>
>>333087043
Nobody is watching you play. Stop being a retard.
>>
>>333087043
thats normal, dont be discouraged
the internet is not an accurate representation of reality
most people just lie about the difficulty to make other people feel bad as a meme
even the advertising campaign and the witches at the start let you know in advance that you are going to die a lot
>>
>>333084903
Why is the greatsword so good?
>>
>>333085726
this
>>
>>333084903
IF you play on PC let me know, I'll add you. We can commence the jolly co-operation
>>
>>333084903
when you are at the giant knight fags. you need to roll correctly to avoid them and stay behind them when possible
>>
>>333085896
Blocking is shit in this game. There are plenty of bosses where blocking is useless.
>>
>>333087043
Why so insecure?
As soon as you stop caring what other people think, youll stop being so depressed.

Of course, caring what people think is evolutionary. But minimize it faggot.
>>
>>333087043
you fell for the scrub meme

dying is literally a part of the game, there is a fucking mechanic and lore based around it nigga
>>
Dark souls POO
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.