[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, what difficulty do you choose when the game is: 1: Genre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: totallynotgoogleimages.jpg (46 KB, 294x246) Image search: [Google]
totallynotgoogleimages.jpg
46 KB, 294x246
/v/, what difficulty do you choose when the game is:
1: Genre you're very used to
2: Genre you're pretty new to.

For 1; I go with hard, and if the game has it, any harder option. And 2; normal. Hoping that the game doesn't just have 2 easy difficulty options with just different names.
>>
In RPGs I do normal first playthrough, then the hardest possible after, depending on whether the game is even worth going through on a higher difficulty.
>>
>>333078339
If it's a genre I'm used to I usually go with hard (i don't pick the impossibile mode the first time I play, if there even is one). If it's a new genre I go with medium
>>
>>333078339

Honestly, Normal for both the formats you listed.

As I've gotten older I really don't have time to play the vidya like I used to. Like lets say beating a game, then again on a harder difficulty. For the most part I only play for an hour at a time as well. I'm pretty much a casual desu famfam.
>>
Nowadays if a game has difficulty options, Hard usually means frustrating bullshit mode, so I avoid it. If the game was good enough to warrant playing through again, then I pick Hard.
>>
>>333078339
>normal
>normal
Unless the game has more than 3 options, in that case I'll go with the difficulty above normal. Oh, and games that give better rewards for playing on hard (like tales of) I'll pick the hardest
>>
>>333078339
I pretty much do what you do. If I've been looking forward to a game for a while and I know what to expect, I'll go for hard, but if it's just a game I've been recommended or got on sale or something I'll usually go normal/medium
>>
>>333078339
If they don't say what changes between difficulties, then I usually go with hard since it feels like "Easy = Very Easy Normal = Easy and Hard = Normal" most of the time.
>>
>>333078339
>1
hardest, always. No exceptions, unless completing it on first playthrough is literally impossible without cheating.

>2
hardest, always. Can go one notch down if the enemies become bullet sponges or psychic beings, but it makes you a turbofaggot.
>>
1) Hardest
2) Hardest

The strongest flame forges the greatest steel.
>>
>hardest
>one harder than normal

Hardest difficulty implies I should be familiar with the game mechanics, which in that situation I am not. Normal implies I am a fucking casual, which I am not.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.