[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth playing /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Wiki-background.jpg (81 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-background.jpg
81 KB, 500x551
Is it worth playing /v/?
>>
it's fun to watch

save yourself a lot of frustration and just watch an lp
>>
The first half of the game is. Then after you get past all the village levels it turns into a linear generic FPS with godawful mechanics and controls that will end up making you rage before you get to the end.
>>
>>333061354
This.

Play the first half and watch the second.
>>
>>333061354
If he gets that far without having one of the billions bugs crash his game and fuck up his save
>>
>>333061178
>/v/ unironically suggesting people watch lps

Oh how the mighty have fallen
>>
File: Screenshot46559.jpg (775 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot46559.jpg
775 KB, 2048x1536
>>333060806
Yes.
Don't listen to those homos
>>333061178
>>333061426

Aquire the fanpatch and you're good to go.
http://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-cthulhu-dark-corners-of-the-earth/downloads/dcote-unofficial-patch-v15
>>
It's great but for fuck's sake get SweetFX and Fanpatch, original is way less scary.
>>
Yeah it's fun. It looks a bit dated now, but if you want an interesting horror game that doesn't just trying to jumpscare you should enjoy it.
>>
>>333061536
>>/v/

It's a wild redditor. He doesn't settle just in Reddit, he must infest other places too. Be vigilant. Just because he's on /v/ doesn't mean he's a /v/irgin.
>>
Absolutely, it shows that Bethesda truly is a talented company that can make incredibly diverse games instead of sticking to RPGs. It's one of the best survival horror games despite taking an exceedingly boring and bland setting and actually make it fun!
>>
If you're a die hard fan of Lovecraft, it's just a generic shooter that mishmashes Innsmouth and Shadow Out of Time. There's really not much Cthulhu, funnily enough. If you have a passing interest, it's fun enough.
>>
Awesome game. Great atmosphere and a creepy story. It has some neat mechanics and at the start you'll be feeling tension from running for your life. About halfway through the game you'll eventually be able to fight back, too.
>>
Lovely game. Not perfect, but even the fault make it interesting. The equivalent to reading a spooky and weird pulp novel
>>
>>333061354
>with godawful mechanics and controls that will end up making you rage before you get to the end

Did we play the same game? I have played all the more notable FPS games (HL, Doom, Duke, HL2, Quake, Q2, Q4, Doom 3 etc.) before playing this game and didn't feel like there was something off with how the game handled.

The walking and mouse control is pretty floaty but nothing god awful.
>>
>>333061895
It was developed by Headfirst Productions.
>>
>>333061895
>it shows that Bethesda truly is a talented company that can make incredibly diverse games instead of sticking to RPGs

I hope this was sarcasm
>>
>>333060806
Buggy as fuck
>>
>>333061921
>and Shadow out of Time
The game is literally an almost perfect adaptation of Innsmouth with shooting tacked on thanks to executive (Bethesda) meddling. The only thing it even has in common with Shadow Out of Time is the Shoggoth boss fight halfway through the game.
>>
File: Call_of_Cthulhu.png (2 MB, 2852x2720) Image search: [Google]
Call_of_Cthulhu.png
2 MB, 2852x2720
>>333060806
Good game. Get the community patch, and don't expect anything revolutionary. But if you like horror games it's a definite play. I love it and it's very memorable.

>>333061895
I know you're baiting but Bethesda just published it, and are one of the reasons why it's so broken in the first place.
>>
>>333062273
The second half of the game was entirely rushed compared to the polished first half.

They shove in all those poorly implemented boss fights at you within the last 2 or 3 hours of the game.

I kept getting basically one shotted by that faggot cult leader sitting at his desk for 30 minutes until I figured out just the right way to exploit it and hide under the table when he used his force powers.
>>
>>333060806
One of the few games out there that manage to tackle general insanity well and what Lovecraft was on about in his stories.
Pretty generic shooter with some horror elements otherwise.
>>
File: 1363913183459.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1363913183459.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw Lovecraft was a misunderstood genius in his time
>tfw his works never took off until after he died
>tfw he died sad, poor and alone
>>
It's pretty cool if you like Lovecraft. It's pretty buggy though. Like for some reason your character's movement speed is tied to your resolution.

I never finished it though. The furthest I got was I think that fishperson mansion shortly before some bossfight you have with some magic gun or something. Should really go back and play it, though the unofficial patch that fixes some things doesn't work with the Steam version.

There's also a new CoC game coming out soon but I don't know how good it'll be considering it's switched developers midway through development.
>>
>>333062836
He was horribly racist and a shitty person.
He named his cat nigger.
There's a reason why no one liked him when he was alive.
>>
Did the Steam version fix all the bugs?
>>
Unbelievably buggy even with the patch, you'll probably spend more time trying to figure out how to bypass glitches than playing the actual game.
Wouldn't recommend.
>>
>>333062836
He would've been sad and alone either way. He wasn't the most stable guy around.
>>
>>333063272
>He was horribly racist
>named his cat nigger
>no one liked him
yeah, because 1910's were so liberal and progressive :)
>>
>>333063369
No, steam never patches old games, they are just looking for some quick money. They actually made it worse as the fan patch doesn't work with steam version as this anon said >>333062907
>>
File: 1436402224674.jpg (58 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
1436402224674.jpg
58 KB, 530x530
>>333063272
>He named his cat nigger
well now
>>
>>333063648
Most people were racist but Lovecrafts neurosis manifested in paranoid racist delusions. The dude was weird as fuck.
>>
>>333064008

Niggerman, actually.

And he later mellowed out and married a Jewish woman.
>>
>>333062907
>There's also a new CoC game coming out soon but I don't know how good it'll be considering it's switched developers midway through development.

I think it actually split. So we're getting TWO games. Both exploration-oriented.
http://www.focus-home.com/games/call-of-cthulhu
http://frogwares.com/games/#The_Sinking_City
>>
>>333064149

>The dude was weird as fuck

I don't think anyone is challenging that, even without the whole paranoid racism thing.
>>
>>333063272
But he respected cats and considered their "virtues" of the highest quality, and hated dogs for theirs. Why would he do that?
>>
>>333063272
That's not even true. There was a cat named Niggerman in The Rats in the Walls.
>>
>>333060806
Yes
Ia dagon
Ia hydra
Ia cthulhu
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.