[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me, 23. >Buy Hyrule Warriors: Legends >"I loved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 600x330
>Be me, 23.
>Buy Hyrule Warriors: Legends
>"I loved the WiiU version! This should be great!"
>Insert game.
>Download unusually long update.
>"Legend mode"
>Begin first level
>"It's the same, guess the new stuff comes later."
>controls are horrid
>fps is roughly the same
>"Hey! I can switch characters during battle, that's pretty cool!"
>3D is barely 3D
>5/10 at best
>At least I get all of these characters on the WiiU...

Why? Why did they have to make a brand new game? Why not release it on 3DS but update the WiiU one as well? Switching characters mid fight is genius, but everything else is mediocre. Furthermore, why isn't the dlc coming to WiiU? For those of us who have conquered all of the maps already getting the new characters does nothing for us.
>>
Your complaints are legit, but like, have you never heard of Dynasty Warriors before? This is how they've been rolling since forever.
>>
>>333055725
I understand how they work, they just missed out on the WiiU crowd this time around. I'm not the only one who would fork out the scheckles for a WiiU edition of Legends.
>>
>>333055573

The only reason I'm considering picking up Legends is for the new adventure maps, and the rebalanced existing maps. Being able to unlock all of the DLC characters and costumes naturally like in the original map would really nice. I hate that the DLC characters just randomly get their new weapons and you don't really have a structured path to progress them through on WiiU. Half of the fun for me is learning to play a character with their base moves, progressing enough to unlock their new combos, mastering their playstyle, and then doing their weapon challenges. The DLC characters in WiiU just blow their load right away and are just kind of there if you want some variety from time to time, but you have to grind them up for them to be comparable to the main cast who have content designed for them anyway.
>>
NINTENDO HOLDING PATTERN
>Make game
>Make new console
D'oh boy I smell money
>Change two things about game
>Re-release

You have no right to be surprised when this bullshit happens, its been going on for decades
>>
>2017
>NX edition revealed
>Everything from WiiU and 3DS games
>NEW season pass revealed
>Oracle DLC pack with two new characters
>Skyward Sword DLC pack with one new character and two new weapons one for Linkle the other for Darunia
>Tingles Rupee Land DLC pack with one new character and a new weapon for Tingle
>Links Crossbow Training DLC pack with one new weapon for Toon Link
>>
>>333056296
TK banked on the number of people willing to buy the game a second time would be bigger than the number of people who'd prefer buying it as DLC. It makes sense for them because it works for all their other Musou games. The problem is that unlike every other musous, Hyrule Warriors sold more in America than in Japan.
>>
>>333056541
Although this is true, they usually rerelease on a similar console.

I.E. Pokemon remakes, TP and WW remakes.

The boner for N64 games of the 3DS I'll never understand.
>>
>>333057392
TP and WW are not remakes, they're just HD ports. They use the same models and everything.
N64 games get actual remakes with new models, so they're made for 3DS because it's less expensive than remaking it on a home console.
>>
>>333057585
It's their loss, if there's one thing that would've moved consoles it's nostalgia.
HD Ocarina of Time alone would've sold so well on the WiiU.
>>
It's a more complete version with more natural unlockables and adventure mode works better
>>
>>333058297
Ocarina of Time 3D was announced in a time when no one cared about the 3DS and pushed its initial sales that lead to its immense success and they thought no one would care enough about Majora's Mask to buy a Wii U for it.
>>
File: zeldaGirls.png (401 KB, 453x611) Image search: [Google]
zeldaGirls.png
401 KB, 453x611
>DLC the game

One of my problems with Hyrule warriors. The other is the generic gameplay.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.