[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (36 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
36 KB, 460x215
What went wrong?
>>
>>333051463
guns.
>>
Chucklefuck.
Massive hiatuses.
Releasing with not all the major content or content they said they'd add included.
>>
>IT'S LIKE TERRARIA. IN SPACE.
>IT'S NOT LIKE TERRARIA IN SPACE
>>
>>333051463
For one thing I bought it nearly 2 and a half years ago and it's not even remotely near done
>>
Project went from 100 worlds and a team of random dolts from around the world with no cash to a rich bunch of dolts who got a studio in London making a game with nigh infinite worlds while trying to make them unique.

Still, even if they have fucked it up till now, its commendable how they haven't ran away with the cash. Maybe Im just a fool, but I think itl be a good game eventually.
>>
>>333051463
When it launched 3 years ago, it had a good amount of buzz going for it.

It is now the current year and they still aren't fucking done with it. They've lost any amount of momentum they generated with the early access launch. By the time it's finished, nobody will care.
>>
>>333051463
It took them 3/4 years to get the game to where it should have been at release
>>
>>333051463
Adding useless features and not working on the actual road map
>>
Meanwhile...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXdtDgpPeE
>>
File: hugemistake.png (279 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
hugemistake.png
279 KB, 638x359
>spent 45 dollars for the edition that lets you put your name as one of the randomly generated NPC names
What the FUCK was I thinking?
>>
>>333051463
Chucklefish is a bunch of artists and idea guys with no clue of how to actually make a good game. Some of their ideas are cool but what matters is the execution.
>>
Nothing really. I spent $10 on it and got 60-70 hours out of it. Not a bad value. I laugh at the guys who genuinely believed that the devs intended to keep developing it forever and releasing new content every month for free, on this little $10 coffee break game. It's clearly one of those games you play for two months when its released then move on.
>>
>>333054403
>I laugh at the guys who genuinely believed that the devs intended to keep developing it forever and releasing new content every month for free, on this little $10 coffee break game.

Terraria did it, and it is also a $10 game.
But then again, terraria is something else. If you want to make a game and have to have a reference on how to do support after release, look at terraria.
>>
>>333054403
>intended to keep developing it forever
This has to be bait.

The game is not even released. It is literally not even out of early access.

Yes, the consumers expect that a game actually reaches it's intended release state, you fucking pill.
>>
scope creep

adding features that are unnecessary in lieu of things people have actually been waiting for.
>>
File: 1457338291275.jpg (37 KB, 678x519) Image search: [Google]
1457338291275.jpg
37 KB, 678x519
>>333052739
>kickstarter
>>
>>333052152
This, basically. The release date was a little under 2 years ago.
And then it got pushed back a dozen+ times.
And now we're here, Chucklefish's name deeply marred and not even a finished Starbound.
>>
>>333051463
you only have like 3 sort of planets in the endgame
theres like 0 variety, all planets should be available in the endgame
>>
File: 1455805735439.png (67 KB, 766x473) Image search: [Google]
1455805735439.png
67 KB, 766x473
The developers were amateurs. They tried to copy Terraria while misunderstanding several key design philosophies tied to progression. None of the procedural content mattered except when searching for resources.

Also FUCK chucklefish for removing unique racial attributes.
>>
>Chucklefish's most successful game was not even made by them
>>
The dude in charge is more interested in creating things that looks good and his mentality is basically the soulsfag "hard is better who cares if it's only hard for the player because it's broken!!!" nonsense
>>
this is just the result of a very poorly managed budget, team, and IP.

I honestly think if a company proves to be inept with their intellectual property it needs to be taken from them.
>>
>>333055817
Some devs that created terraria made starbound desu baka senpai

but yea the game is shit
>>
>>333056652
It's only really Tiy and he was an artist even then.

He hired a lot of more talented artists for Starbound than himself but he told them that they have to listen to him and do things how he says because even though they're inarguably better than him at art, he has a better "eye" than them.
>>
File: 1415614938547.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1415614938547.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>333051463
Chucklefuck's massive laziness, starbound "released" 3 years ago and it STILL doesn't have all the features they promised, when the game had a lively modding community they produced every single feature chucklefuck never delivered.

It didn't deserve this fate
>>
>>333054949
There was no kickstarter, they ran this off their website, you payed for it through humblebundle.
>>
>>333056652
That's only Tiy. He left on bad terms and took the design doc with him.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4d6rll/starbound_final_approach_to_10/d1o86v3

wew
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.