[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long until we find out whether it outsold/sold worse than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: RE6HD.jpg (265 KB, 1189x1500) Image search: [Google]
RE6HD.jpg
265 KB, 1189x1500
We must have answers. The entire future of Resident Evil likely depends on which branch sells better.
>>
If Resident Evil 6 was better designed, everyone would love it. The actual gameplay mechanics of 6 are perfect. Mercenaries proves it.

I hope they look at what went wrong in 6 and adjust it for 7. Revelations 2 was a step in the right direction.
>>
Who the fuck even wanted this
>>
>>333044094
>Who the fuck even wanted this
I can't imagine why anyone would want a scrubbed up version of a game that sold 5.6 million copies on 360/PS3 and 700,000 copies on PC. It's not like those numbers obliterate most games that come out of Japan. It's not like this game is one of the most mainstream popular entries in a 20 year old series or anything.
>>
File: Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (75 KB, 333x472) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg
75 KB, 333x472
>Who the fuck even wanted this
>>
>>333043952
>The actual gameplay mechanics of 6 are perfect
what? i straight up returned 6 after half an hour of playing it because the gameplay was garbage.
>press x to not die!
>press b to not die!
>press a to not die!
>>
File: 1319333592242.jpg (25 KB, 160x200) Image search: [Google]
1319333592242.jpg
25 KB, 160x200
>>333044258
>if they bought it that means it's good
>>
>>333044347

They toned down the quick time events for the PC version (and for the PS4/XB1 version apparently), but I'm talking about the actual gameplay.
>>
>>333044347
>>press x to not die!
>>press b to not die!
>>press a to not die!
Literally every "Press XYZ to not die" QTE is nerfed when you turn on Auto Action Button. Cynics might argue that people who can't git gud at QTEs are just plebs, but it's a vast improvement. The PS4/XBO versions had it enabled by default, along with FOV raised to maximum by default.
>>
>>333044495
>They toned down the quick time events for the PC version (and for the PS4/XB1 version apparently),
The setting is available on all versions, but like the QTE sliders, it's buried in options menus only accessable from the main menu. For some autistic reason, you can't change such settings while ingame.
>>
I just want both Outbreak games to get a rerelease with online support. They can cancel the series after that.
>>
>>333044390
Things don't have to be good to be really popular. Look at how Resident Evil 1 got sequels despite being shit.
>>
5 was better than 6.
>>
>>333044687

In other news, water is wet.
>>
>>333044603
>I just want both Outbreak games to get a rerelease with online support.
That may happen. Sure, Outbreak 2 was a catastrophic failure which helped mark the point (along with Silent Hill 3/4's nosediving sales) when audiences started to fucking hate survival horror, but Outbreak 1 sold kinda okay.
>>
>>333044728
so where is the ps4 remake for 5???
that'd be way better
>>
>>333044495
>but I'm talking about the actual gameplay.
That is the gameplay.
im not talking about cutscene quicktime events. im talking about the prompts i get every 3 seconds to press a button to do a special action while fighting. Half the time its pulling zombies through walls to stab them in the face while all the other zombies act retarded. it was overbearing.
>>
>>333044687
>5 was better than 6.
Terrible AI.
Boring.
God, it's so boring.
Another fucking catwalk.
Another fucking cave.
The lighting is so bland.
God, there's so many QTEs. They're so arbitrary and bullshit. This boss fight is literally made of dodging QTEs.
Wow, look at the characters do all these cool things in cutscenes that you can't do in gameplay. I sure hope the next Resident Evil has gameplay that resembles the stuff the characters do in cutscenes.
>>
>>333044941
To be fair the lighting in 6 is a lot of brown and grey too.
And the AI is no different.
>>
>>333044941

>terrible AI

Play with a friend, like you're supposed to.
>>
>>333045015
>To be fair the lighting in 6 is a lot of brown and grey too.
RE6 has dynamic lighting all over the place. RE5 generally has entire areas lit by a single bland tone. Murky grey sunlight. Murky golden sunlight.
>>
>>333044941
Still better than 6.
>>
>>333044941
>Wow, look at the characters do all these cool things in cutscenes that you can't do in gameplay. I sure hope the next Resident Evil has gameplay that resembles the stuff the characters do in cutscenes.
Been like that since CV.
>>
>>333044687
In about every single way imaginable, RE6 is just abhorrent, notice how all the Brazilians seem to boil down to "THE MERCS WARE GOOD!" where you run around punching zombies trying to score points where there's literally no point besides it being a minigame and " IF YOU TURN OFF QTE! YOU CAN WATCH THIS INTERACTIVE MOVIE EVEN BETTER!" that does nothing to this rail way shooter besides making it more boring that it already is. RE6 fanboys are special kind of retards, they aren't even fans of the series, they ware fans of RE6
>>
>>333044941
Literally described RE6 word for word
>>
>>333045386
You seem to think that Resident Evil 6 being a pure action game instead of as survival horror game is some sort of bad thing. You haven't said anything bad about the game besides "it's a rail shooter", which is weird because RE5/The Evil Within/most modern games are just as linear as RE6. Classic Resident Evil level design is an archiac relic that is never coming back because it sucks.
>>
Current Steam players

RE4 = 420
RE5 = 710
RE6 = 769

RE5 and RE6 are pretty much equal when it come to enduring popularity, with RE6 having only a slight edge. I don't think there's any huge disconnect between RE5 and RE6 fans in general.
>>
File: 1437924178229.jpg (14 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
1437924178229.jpg
14 KB, 316x202
>/v/ suddenly defends the new tps style from re4 and after in every re thread ive seen lately
since when did this start happening?
>>
RE6 fans always try to downplay every other game just to make their Michael Bay tier garbage look better in comparison
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.