[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Do you prefer limb based combat? >Do you prefer a 6 button
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
>Do you prefer limb based combat?
>Do you prefer a 6 button layout?
>Do you prefer a 3 button layout?

How do you like your fighting games /v/?
>>
>>333039260
I like them complete when they are released.
>>
File: 1459619382067.gif (1 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
1459619382067.gif
1 MB, 350x197
>>333039260
SUPERIOR LIMB BASED COMBAT
>>
>>333039260
Stand based. Nothing has made my love for figthing games reinvigorated like heritage for the future
>>
>>333039260

I like Soul Calibur. 8wayrun system just feels so fluid.
>>
4 button with magic.
So Light, Medium, High and Magic.

So far only know of two(three) games which use it. JoJo and FiM (TFH).
>>
>>333039490

RĂˆEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>333039823
Like BlazBlue and Guilty Gear?

Which uses Light, Medium, Heavy, Drive.
>>
File: 2100010101.png (14 KB, 497x501) Image search: [Google]
2100010101.png
14 KB, 497x501
>>333039724
>8 way run

So fucking good made all other 3D fighters feel like stiff garbage. But while movement was strong 8 way counter made it so movement had thought and you can punish retards just running and stepping around. Sad to see people not like it because muh characters and story but I understand why.
>>
>>333040247

GG uses 5 buttons

Punch
Kick
Slash
Heavy Slash
and Dust

Dust not really being comparable to Drive or anything like that.
>>
>>333039260
I really want to play a good quadruped-based fighting game. That's why I'm excited for Them's Fighting Herds
>>
>>333040257
>Sad to see people not like it because muh characters and story but I understand why.

what what, i don't play SC but what does gameplay have to do with the story?
>>
>>333040247
Never played Guilty Gear, but that one uses LP, MP, LK, MK, "Dust" which is something entirely different.
The whole point of the system is that you only have 3 different attacks and the magic makes it fun in some way (JoJo's stands are an easy example).
>>
>>333040416

SCV's roster cut a sizeable number of fan favourites in order to introduce a new story. What we ended up with is probably the worst roster in the series. On the flipside, SCV's gameplay is easily the best since II, maybe even better depending on personal opinion.
>>
File: matlok.gif (8 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
matlok.gif
8 KB, 192x256
6 button fighters are my favourite.
but i have a soft spot for one 4 button fighter-
Fighters History Dynamite
>>
>>333040487
>Guilty Gear
I meant *BlazBlue. Of course, the names of the buttons are correct in >>333040369.
>>
>>333039490
FUCK WHERE'S THE FUCKING REST!
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I like VF 3 button setting.
>>
is there a game that would play like street fighter, but with 4 buttons instead of 6? SF usually settle down with really few usable normal moves per characters so why bother?
>>
File: tekken-2-2[1].jpg (95 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
tekken-2-2[1].jpg
95 KB, 500x356
Simpler(er) combos and high damage.
>>
>>333040724
Mortal Kombat?
>>
I don't really see the point of 6 buttons. What's the point of 2 different buttons for low, medium and heavy attacks? You can already modify your normals by pressing a direction + button. Maybe I just haven't played 6 buttons fighters that much.

But I think 3 buttons for low, medium, heavy + whatever amount for other stuff. Just make sure the extra buttons make sense.
>>
>>333040537
Also none of the fan favorite story elements from the previous games which was admittedly done very well.
>>
>>333040809
This, i don't want to use trigger buttons to be able to use my full move set or buy a whole stick. So annoying.
>>
2 button combat
>>
>>333040809
>You can already modify your normals by pressing a direction + button.

Ever seen Street Fighter combos?
They make these eldrich abomination s on purpose and it kind of follows that having to push one button is more than enough.
>>
>>333039490
this fucking drove me nuts
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.