[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planetside 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: header[1].jpg (51 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
51 KB, 460x215
How has this game been doing since it became H1Z1-fied?
Blatant cash-grab? Did they ruin it? Or is it still worth playing?
>>
>>333034785
>since it became H1Z1-fied
wut
>>
>>333034785
Its only game of its type so cant do too bad as long as people want to play that game
>>
File: ragefeels.jpg (60 KB, 554x527) Image search: [Google]
ragefeels.jpg
60 KB, 554x527
>>333034785
FUCKING DAYBREAK GAMES REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>333034785
Does it still have any alright population to start playing it?
>>
>>333035008
>since it became H1Z1fied
It's the exact same as it always was
Except there's more cosmetics now
Just wait a couple months for base building
>>
>>333034785
A lot of wasted potential.

The basebuilding update looks kind of cool, though. I wish them well for actually adding content, but I'm not going back.

Playing it gives me the same question which is also brought up in the in-game lore-- why do we always fight? What are we fighting for? You capture a biolab, and then one hour later they take it right back again?
>>
>>333036732
>Playing it gives me the same question which is also brought up in the in-game lore-- why do we always fight? What are we fighting for? You capture a biolab, and then one hour later they take it right back again?
That's one of the biggest issues I had when I played the game. I wanted it to feel like territory control. Instead it's rushing, capturing, doing a 180, repeat.
>>
>>333034785
I still play it, my main gripe is that 90% of the playerbase plays Infiltrator because their only weakness (the flashlight) has been nerfed to the point of being useless.

Every. Fucking. Person.
Is an infiltrator.
>>
File: Pokerface.jpg (12 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
Pokerface.jpg
12 KB, 500x356
I get it on ps4..

did you already take a biolab alone ? 'coz I did and wew lad, what a rich vidya experience it was
>>
File: planetside 2 urbane.jpg (118 KB, 1416x692) Image search: [Google]
planetside 2 urbane.jpg
118 KB, 1416x692
>>333036826
Planetside is one of the only games I know where high-level players call everyone else "farm".

It felt really grindy to me and lacking something, meaning I guess. Sure, you could kick someone's ass in a 1v1 and get your kicks that way, but they are just a faceless goon half the time.

Also the HUD pissed me off. Either it was huge, or minimal HUD was right in the middle of my screen.

And where are the cities? Why are the factions all endlessly attacking each other? The ingame lore fails to adequately cover that angle at all.
>>
I remember one server where stars aligned and one team was ridiculously good, I was new as fuck and managed to get on that team. They pillaged the other side to the point they literally couldn't leave their own home spawn. Our side had the whole map captured.

I stopped playing after that. Was fun but I had that whole "wait, why are we fighting and what the fuck is the point of this?" moment then.
>>
>>333037493
TF2 covers this pretty well.

You know why RED and BLU are fighting. It's a stupid reason (control of the world's gravel supply), but still makes sense from a gameplay perspective. You fight on one map for a certain amount of time towards a clear goal- capping all the objectives or preventing the enemy from capping them. When you do capture something, it STAYS captured. And then at the end, the game makes a bunch of victory noises, the enemy are put into vulnerable mode so you can kill them, and after a few rounds of this you MOVE ON to the next map.

On the other hand, PS2 has no reason in the lore at all to why you're fighting over substation #33, which is basically just a bunch of hollowed-out buildings that might as well be paintball arenas. You can capture it, but the enemy is immediately able to zerg and recapture it for themselves if you try to leave. Fighting over a continent can take a very long time and most people prefer Indar, so most of your time will be spent swapping between two major battlefronts on Indar just defending or attacking the same spot over and over when the teams are evenly matched. There is no clear goal other than "capture the continent", which is good from an open-ended perspective but bad from a sense of purpose, because it's highly unlikely as a single player (unless you're a long time veteran) that your lone efforts are going to go far to achieving that goal; and even if you do manage to cap a single point on your own, that achievement will immediately be wiped out by someone else on the enemy team doing the same.

Of course, playing with a squad of friends makes things a lot more fun. But the same is true for every game.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.