[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virtuix Omni
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52 KB, 950x746) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52 KB, 950x746
This is the latest Omni prototype. It fucking works! There are many videos on YouTube where we can see how a peripherals like this are MANDATORY for a true satisfactory VR experience.
Room scale is cool but limited and teleportation is a plain stupid solution.

>B-b-but my comfy chair!

Fuck you, fag. This is your best opportunity to stop being a beta lardass and actually get fit doing something you like.

It is sad no one talk about it anymore while gameu "journalism" sucks Facebook dick and shills the Rift so hard... a Fucking seated gamepad cockpit 180° "VR" experience.
At least Valve done something rational for VR.
The Omni is the next step in the right direction.

What does /v/ think about it?
>>
how do I dodge roll on it?
>>
Look at this GtaV experiment with the Rift+Omni

https://youtu.be/MLgm6vC9i1k

I think it is amazing. And what shocked me is the Omni just works without native support by just mapping keyboard inputs.
>>
I'd rather have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJS7LzJfQA0 than some fucking thing where you have to slide all over the place. That shit aint walking.
>>
>>333030120
By running in the desired direction and pressing the correct button?
>>
>>333030217
I believe that should be the future of these peripherals but as you can it doesn't work at the moment. And it is huge while the Omni is rather small.
>>
>>333030398
>as you can it doesn't work at the moment.
It works just fine though?
>>
>>333030495
You can see the guy stumbling around a bit, and he can't move as fast as a guy on the Omni.

Also, there is the space issue, it's much bigger than the Omni.

Although it does seem to work much better than the Omni in-theory, it just needs some more development.
>>
>>333030495
Not as good as the Omni
The guy on this video walk and RUN easily everywhere while the guy on the Infinideck has to be cautious, and it is slow.
Obviously I am looking for the infinideck solution to become the standard.
>>
>>333030671
The first guy is a fucking retard who can't walk properly, look at the second guy.

>>333030685
You still aren't WALKING though. You're sliding.
>>
Ok everybody talks about how VR is a gimmick, but this Omni thing is actually a gimmick. This thing will 100% not last and nobody will buy this huge fucking thing and put it in their house.
>>
>>333030819
There is still the issue of space, price, and the fact that you have to move slow, at you can "slide" faster on the Omni.

However, the Infinadeck solution is obviously the best one, it just needs to be developed a bit more, it'd be great going for morning jogs in GTA V or something.
>>
The omni is too loud and you cant crouch properly
>>
>>333030142
If they manage to sync your walking with the game it'd be amazing for tactical shooters like escape from tarkov.
>>
>>333030819
It is sliding but it is not like skating. You use your feet with the same force you would use while running but instead of moving you stand still. Just like on a treadmill.
The difference is on the Omni has a spherical inclination while the Infinideck is flat but the result is the same and the sensation too.
Not counting the fact you move on the first strange feeling just like a HMD at first feels like a scuba diving.
>>
>>333030895
Many people has disassemble treadmills in their house, see the Omni like one of those.
And it is not HUGE but fairly proportionate and light to move in the house.
>>
>>333029905
>It fucking works!
Didnt they teach you to be more subtle in your shilling school?
>>
>>333029905
>Sweat on that thing
Yeah, kill yourself.
Gaming is not training. I want to relax with Gta not simulating a serial killer.
Fuck you.
>>
>>333031159
We need to combine it with a more advanced Kinect. So it can track your leg movements
>>
>get fit by playing games
lmao
My job from 2 years ago required me to walk anywhere between 10 to 20 kilometres a day, and i can tell you from experience, walking even yhay much burns barely any calories
>>
>>333032372
In this video it seems to work.
What do you think?

>Shilling a non so sure to be ever released product
You must be a special kind of retard.
>>
>>333032484
Why not some ring sensors like in the vive controllers?
>>
>>333032531
>Fatlogic
>on 4Chan

Have you checked your genetics? Maybe you have some cuhnditiuns.
On Tumblr.com you will find all you need to know.

>walk
>posted a video of a guy running
Yeah, Fuck you lardkin.
>>
>>333032437
>being this lazy
It is ok. VR is a niche anyway. But for a more immersive experience I believe the Omni, the Infinideck and whatever will be developed are necessary.
Fuck the chaperone system, I want to run and explore skyrim with my feet. Fallout 4 survival mode would be on a whole new level.

>Yeah, kill yourself.
You need an angry management therapy. Relax.
>>
>>333032813
Yeah, i used to be a lardass, buy finally attained great body
just
eat
less
And work out a bit
>>
>>333029905

>Workout
>Can't play games while working out since even mobile games get interrupted by the rest timer
>Games want me to do shitty cardio while resting

top kek
>>
>>333033534
>>333032531
>My job from 2 years ago required me to walk anywhere between 10 to 20 km a day
>walking even yhay much burns barely any calories

You are full of shit.
>>
>>333033687
VR will not burn your couch.
Simply enjoy the traditional vidya.
VR is not for you.
Lazy greasy fatso.
>>
vr will be great when we don't need to look like special needs children to be fully immersed
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.