[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what are some good games set in Japan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 7thdragon2020[1].jpg (424 KB, 846x1452) Image search: [Google]
7thdragon2020[1].jpg
424 KB, 846x1452
So what are some good games set in Japan?
>>
>>333029246
By the way, an english translation of this game was just released a few days ago
>>
>>333029246

the world ends with you
>>
>>333030993
Name one game set in modern Japan that doesn't take place in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka
>>
>>333029246
No one cares that your group finished translating the game here. It's fucking annoying that you keep advertising your translation so much. You've single handedly ensured I won't be playing this game because of how annoying the translation group's members are. I'm sure people appreciate being able to play the game in English, but you're advertising your translation all wrong and are just going to alienate potential downloaders.

But to answer your question, the Oreshika series.
>>
>>333031201
Why would you want that? Well, there's a ton of them set in Akiba, but I don't know if Akiba is actually part of Tokyo, Kyoto or Osaka.
>>
>>333031374
>No one cares that your group finished translating the game here. It's fucking annoying that you keep advertising your translation so much
I'm actually not, I just learned about it yesterday. Guess I submitted the thread at the wrong time
>>
>>333031201
Its been ages but shenmue does not takes place in any of those areas right?
>>
>>333031416
I'm just trying to see how many games are actually set in non popular parts of Japan
>>
>>333031201
>Modern Japan
>B-But you can't pick muh Tokyo, Kyoto, or Osaka
>Not realizing Tokyo has the highest population in Japan.
>Not realizing Osaka is in the same boat
>Kyoto not so much but still in the top 10
So you want a game that's not set in modern day japan...? Or do you want more of an Attack of the Friday Monsters type of game because that's all you're going to get if you want a modern game taking place in some podunk nip town.

Shit, name me one game set in the modern united states that excludes anything involving a mention of "Washington".
>>
Etrian Odyssey
eyyy lammar
>>
>>333031623
Uhhhhhh Secret of Evermore?
>>
>>333031512
Don't worry about that faggot, he's getting mad for no reason.

I actually would love if there was more fan translation advertising going on /v/, not when someone starts doing one, but when some group finishes one.
>>
>>333031416
Akiba is part of Tokyo

>>333031583
Shenmue is set in Yokosuka, Kanagawa so you're correct
>>
>>333029246
Persona
>>
>>333031623
I just want to know if you people can name one not set in the popular Japanese cities/districts, I actually don't have a problem with them being set in those regions
>>
>>333031851
>doesn't say 3 or 4 after it
You're alright, nigga.
>>
Pokemon Red, Kanto is actually a real place in Japan
>>
>>333031917
Yeah the Persona remake on the PSP is my favorite.
>that soundtrack
>>
>>333032084
I honestly liked it, even though the original fits the game better.
>>
The upcoming Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for the Wii U. Hopefully we'll actually have access to softmodding 5.5.1 so we can use loadiine to restore content likely to be cut.
>>
>>333029246
Akibas Trip
>>
>>333032213
>good games
>recs fire-emblem splash of paint persona-lite
>>
>>333032145
I think you're cool and would high five you IRL
>>
>>333032572
I would be your bruddy dentist, anon.
>>
File: 3917389.png (606 KB, 881x563) Image search: [Google]
3917389.png
606 KB, 881x563
Post your teams senpais.
>>
>>333033486
Guy with the bandanna and pink anime shirt = Destroyer
Busty slut with white hair wearing next to nothing = Trickster
Red haired dark skin chick with big tits = Psychic

You damn straight I went for a harem team with two busty chicks
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.