[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
what went wrong?
>>
Bioware
Penders
Your usual Sega incompetence
>>
I unironically enjoyed this game
>>
>>333024209
In addition to >>333024326, the general Sonic problem of not playing to the series' strengths an instead attempting to force a different type of game so that more people can profit off of now-misguided brand recognition
>>
OP, you made the thread so you can talk about the upcoming Shade model, right?
>>
>mfw bought it used like a year ago
>mfw never played it
>>
>>333024541
half-yes
>>
the damn game was supposed to expanded the damn franchise even further and hoping to connect to stuff like the comics and the anime into the mainline brand.

Knuckles was actually getting some good service around for once: he gotten himself a new personal threat to face, he gotten himself a new bitch to fuck, he gotten himself some new homies to gang up with.

and this is were Penders had to draw the damn line, but this is also Archie's fault for have shit lawyers to face Penders.
>>
>>333024651
why the fuck does she wear make up
>>
The music is the easiest answer.

But I gotta ask, since I'm a bit out of the loop: What is Penders' problem? Why does he seemingly want to fuck over Sonic any way he can?
>>333024471
I think trying out different genres isn't a bad thing, personally. I like it when series deviate from the norm, its just that they don't do a good job of it.
I'd love an actually good Sonic RPG.
>>
File: 20160403043653_1.jpg (663 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160403043653_1.jpg
663 KB, 2560x1440
>>333024209
Thinly-veiled Sonic Worlds/Sonic Fangames thread? I can dig it.
>>
Boop. Boop, boop. Boop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9z7iRFfMzk
>>
>RPG Sonic game
>bioware
>influence from the comics
>the worst music in sonic
It never had a chance to be decent.
>>
>>333026086
The comics are great though. Taking influence from the comics isn't inherently bad in itself.
>>
>>333026012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERLFQbJWE0g
>>
>>333025932
>What is Penders' problem? Why does he seemingly want to fuck over Sonic any way he can?
From my understanding, he has literally nothing else going on and probably is mad/jealous that majority of the people enjoyed his successor more than him.

>>333026426
>The comics are great
They are a decent read, but not super amazing.
>>
>>333025932
Penders is an idiot. Penders, for the uninitiated, was an Archie writer who did not like Sonic, and instead used the franchise ot more or less insert his ideas, using Kunckles and the Echidna, his plot lines were awful, his OCs were lame, and eventually he left the staff, and left pretty much every other staff member to fix his pile o shit he left behind.
Then Sonic Chronicles showed up, and a few elements resembled some of the moronic shit he made years ago, something about simlarities of exiled echidna or someshit, either way the fucker actually went to court over it.
Please realize he's pretty doing what amounts to Tolkien estate sueing the DnD company for having dwarfs in mountains, IE complete horseshit that any competent lawyer could get squared away. But Archie not only had shit lawyers, but apparently lost Penders' papers saying "I am making these characters for Archie and SEGA and have no legal ownership over them" and began a stupid lawsuit that may or may not have pissed off SEGA themselves. End result, dozens of characters were removed from Archie canon, a total reset was needed, and the lost tribe of techno echidnas are pretty never going to get brought up again (not that anyone really wanted them back but hey still part of the casualty list)
>>
File: end of line.jpg (15 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
end of line.jpg
15 KB, 251x251
I played this just to see how bad it was from these threads.
>clashing art styles
>rendered backgrounds
>QTE turn-based combat
>dungeons consisting of only a couple fo rooms
>retarded sidequests

Did any one actually test play this shit? Fuck, I cant even remember what the story was about.

>mfw i played this up to the city section
>>
>>333026671
IIRC, most of the characters people cared about losing were ones Penders had little to no handling of outside of Scourge and the other Anti characters.
>>
>>333026871
>Did any one actually test play this shit?
I would love to hear from some QA testers who tested Sonic games.
>>
>>333026943
I want to imagine they voiced some complaints. But Sega simply ignored them because Sega ignores everyone who isn't drooling autistic fuckwits in regards to the American market.
>>
File: 087568.jpg (13 KB, 230x298) Image search: [Google]
087568.jpg
13 KB, 230x298
>Sonic will never team up with Mario is his RPG series
>instead we get Mario teaming up with Paper Mario and another Olympics game that no one will play.
>>
only good thing about Chronicles was Shade and all the gizoid/nocturne lore

everything else is lost potential and mediocre shit
>>
They were aiming for that Mario RPG magic, but instead of Square in their prime all they had was Bioware who were long in the shitter by that point. Also >Sega.
>>
File: 6028.jpg (107 KB, 608x1078) Image search: [Google]
6028.jpg
107 KB, 608x1078
>>
>>333027293
>AlphaDream will never do a Sonic Heroes RPG
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.