[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of the Yakuza series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 1280x720
Do you like it?
>>
The idol thing killed the game for me
>>
>not dubbed
Literally could not care less
>>
>>333008415
>Not liking cute dancing Haruka.
kys
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 512x288
>Haruka is most likely the same age as me now in Yakuza 6
>>
>>333008415
i wasn't interested in it until i learned there was an idol thing just now
>>
Yes, but 6 looks terrible and they butchered the music in Kiwami.

They need to stop for a while.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 511x288
How is Japan able to make a series more masculine than any western series?

http://youtu.be/v2S_115Bzuw
>>
>>333008827
Japan has a better concept of respect between two men
>>
>>333008827
Japan isn't cucked by SJWs.
>>
>>333008541
>Haruka
>cute

pick one
>>
>>333008334
i rike et
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 512x288
>>333009115
April Fool's is gone, anon.
>>
Why is Japan trying to hamfist Idolshit in everything these days.

Idol music isn't even good.
>>
>>333009191
Sadly it sells.
>>
>>333008334
I started playing 4 because I got it on a sale awhile back. It's fun, interesting, and really really weird.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 512x288
>>333008914
>>333009085
>Western games and masculinity
>Shit that's spawned from Call of Duty
>Yakuza and masculinity
>Fighting for your hopes and dreams, having masculine fights on skyscrapers and most importantly, masculine comrardy
>>
>>333008334
I'm building a computer so I can emulate.
>>
>>333008334
I think it's overhyped by its fans. The story is okay. The combat is really meh. It's cool walking around kabukicho or whatever but the map feels very small.
>>
Currently emulating 1, enjoying it much more than I thought I would, awful lock-on system aside.

Seriously considering buying a PS3 to play 3-5 if my cheapskate fuck of a cousin won't let me just use his.
>>
>>333009682
I find the map size fine. I feel that the size and layout makes parts of the city feel more significant as opposed to GTA and how it's just a sandbox to play in.
>>
>>333008827
Because Japan understands that there's absolutely nothing gay about honor, courage, and shirtless men fist fighting
>>
>>333009682
Yeah, the combat feels pretty fucking shit. Even Shenmue felt like it had more depth for some reason.
>>
>>333008415
The idol things help the game faggot.
>>
>>333009191
Malstrom (Video game business analyst) says basically because of the huge amount of "Geeks" and Otaku entering the industry and they are basically making the games they want to make, not so much what mainstream audiences want.

He also follows on and says

>I have observed a strange phenomenon with computer geeks, or, rather, those who merge with their machines. They get absorbed into ‘geek culture’. They think ‘geek culture’ is ‘real culture’. They literally begin to think they are geniuses. I watch computer programmers watch something like ‘Cosmos’ and then believe they are at the level of astrophysicists. The narcissism is extreme.

>They did not go to the video game industry to make video games. They came to the video game industry for eternal adolescence. They may be adolescents, their co-workers may be adolescents, but the PAYING CUSTOMERS are not.

>...Do you know what hardcore gamers are? They are geeks. They are only given the label of hardcore by marketing departments who want these fools to keep buying their crappy games. Most ‘hardcore’ gamers hate their jobs, hate their existence, and wish to live in ‘Geek Land’ which is what the video games represent to them.

>As video game developers become more child-like, their products are going to reflect being a man-child. I believe this, more than anything, creates the stigma against video games. There was no stigma against Pac-Man, Super Mario Brothers, Tetris, Wii Sports, or Wii Fit. The only stigma that came against something like Wii Sports was from geek culture, i.e. the ‘hardcore’ gamers.

>The best thing a video game company can do is to destroy their geek culture and bring their developers screaming into the real world. Imagine what video games they would make then! Imagine the new markets they would reach! Imagine the new gamers it would create. But no, the only customers they want are other geeks. Video game industry has become a geek culture providing entertainment to a geek culture.
>>
>>333008334

EVERYBODY SAY
ROUGE OF LOVE
>>
>>333010446
Yeah, Yakuza 5 actually does idol stuff well. It's not just a rhythm game, it has more depth to it.
>>
>>333008809
>They need to stop for a while

agreed
>>
File: 1438061721637.jpg (135 KB, 582x581) Image search: [Google]
1438061721637.jpg
135 KB, 582x581
>>333008827
I don't know shit about this game but isn't one of them voiced by the top in this thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMlubLz29Bw or am I just going crazy. I'm pretty sure they sound familiar to me.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.