[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we create the next fallout game I'll start: >on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: fallout-logo.jpg (296 KB, 1600x726) Image search: [Google]
fallout-logo.jpg
296 KB, 1600x726
ITT: we create the next fallout game

I'll start:

>on the west coast again
>>
>>333002571
>Seattle
>>
>manhattan
I doubt it'll ever happen but one can hope
>>
>>333002571
I actually want to see on in Europe.
>>
Somewhere cold and northern. Maybe Minnesota. Could have a faction of lake people living on rickety pontoon villages.
>>
>>333002571
the brotherhood of steel are back
perks are completely removed
dialogue is now completely scripted and per-determined
>>
>>333003306
You are hired!

t. most definitely NOT Todd Howard
>>
>>333002571
Obsidian already said they wanted a west coast game set in the Fallout 1 boneyard. Heavy radiation and a lot of ghouls.
>>
>>333002921
>Implying manhattan wouldn't be a fucking crater if it ever came to nuclear war

That said i think i remember hearing rumors about "The Empire Wasteland" but i can't remember if it was cut content, fan theory, or some bullshit someone made up on /tg/, so don't quote me on that.

Crawling around in toppled and ruined skyscrapers would be fun though. So why not, literally every other apocalyptic setting hits New York first anyway.
>>
THIS WINTER
ONE MAN
ONE IDEOLOGY
WILL
CHANGE
THE COURSE OF HISTORY
PREPARE YOURSELF
I FIGHT FOR MY FRIENDS
NO SYMPATHU FROM ME
>>
>west coast

Avellone thinks you're faggots

>I wouldn't do a Fallout on the West Coast/Southwest if the choice were mine, I'd prefer some place different (New Orleans or the Erie Stretch mentioned in F3) just to shake things up - the West feels too stale to me.
>>
I really hope that rumor that obsidian is making a new orleans fallout game is true. I really liked the bayou setting for that one fallout 3 dlc.
>>
>>333003585
Even if manhattam would turn into a crater I don't think any other city fits the 1950's aesthetic quite as well as NYC
>>
>>333002987

It will never happen because the whole series aesthetic is an "atompunk" version of 1950s Americana. Setting a game somewhere else would defeat the point.
>>
>>333003791
>Avellone thinks you're faggots
While I don't think Avellone is a faggot, I don't really think I agree with the direction he wants Fallout to go. He wants it to be more wild and post-apo, I really enjoy post-postapo elements. NCR is basically a full fledged state with its economy and shit, and seeing it flailing around the Mojave and figuring it out and failing horribly was more entertaining to me than crawling around debris and finding skeletons and supplies.
>>
File: 25930.jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
25930.jpg
547 KB, 1920x1080
>Takes place during a bad winter
>On top of [insert super villain(s) here] people have to worry about freezing to death.
>Also it's a nice comfy change of scenery.
>>
>>333004042
Avellone on NCR:

>I did advocate nuking NCR - not to destroy them 100%, but because the idea of a post-apocalyptic world being hit by another apocalypse sounded interesting - and struggling bands of NCR troops-turned-raiders/ronin once the military fell apart felt like a nice touch in the game world. That, and I was getting worried that the Fallout world was starting to get too civilized, and NCR, especially, felt bloated and needed to be shook up a bit.
>>
The story is about a dad trying to find his wifes son and features no RPG elements but plenty of building
>>
>>333004251
>That, and I was getting worried that the Fallout world was starting to get too civilized, and NCR, especially, felt bloated and needed to be shook up a bit.
Well yes, and that I disagree with. The idea of nuking the NCR, eh, it's kind of ironic but it's almost too cute (Because, get it, they were like old America and ended up getting nuked too! War never changes, does it?), if it has to go I'd rather see it being a result of some internal struggle, or maybe Legion victory (and subsequent collapse), not MOAR NUKES OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE or DEATH CLOUD AND HOLOGRAMS OF FUCK YOU or EVIL GLOWING UNDERGROUND MUTANTS.
>>
>>333004251
>Nuking them because it'd be fun instead of the fact that they're on their already on a self-destructive path

As if you needed any more proof that Avellone is a hack. People here like to shit on Sawyer but his writing in NV had so much more thought put into it
>>
>>333003864
Perhaps. But isnt it already talked about as being nuked/now a giant hive of ghouls? Not like Bethesda gives a fuck for established lore and wouldnt change it anyway...
>>
Mexican border
>>
>>333004594
Avellone just prefers really different kind of writing. I liked his DLCs, but I did prefer Sawyer's pseudo-historical approach to Fallout.
>>
Why does it have to be in the US?
>>
>>333004795
>Sawyer's pseudo-historical approach

The fuck's this supposed to mean?
>>
>>333002571
Kill the dialog wheel dead
New engine
>>
>>333004603
There's ways around keeping any established lore and making it usable still. Just introduce some plot element that helped clean up the radiation, 200 years is a long fucking time for something to stay a smoldering nuke hole (I know they have pretty much exactly that in the games, but i always thought it was stupid. Maybe i don't know enough about it though), and it's not like that stuff doesn't already happen in universe. If any city in the country had some kind of nuclear survival fallback it'd be New York. Especially in an era comically paranoid of exactly that.

Then move all the ghouls to the subway system and create a fucking horrifying underworld reminiscent of that one fucking church in Fallout4- which is still probably the coolest most atmospheric thing in that entire game. Now the threat of some asshole releasing a plague of ferals onto the city can be used as a plot element.

Though i imagine the reason they wrote off NYC in the first place is because fucking everything takes place in NYC and hey guys maybe we should give the rest of the country a shot for once.
>>
>>333005162
Well, Sawyer is a history major and I kind of feel that is reflected in the way he makes settings. He tends to go for more grounded approach, I guess. You can feel it in PoE as well, probably more so.
>>
>>333005392
How's that translate to stuff in Fallout, though?

The terminal texts? No one reads that shit.
>>
>>333003306
HIRED SON
>>
Texas is heavy Legion territory? I want to see how they live, instead of how they invade.
>>
>>333002571

>made by obsidian

rest of the details don't even matter
>>
File: Sawyer water and power.png (16 KB, 639x354) Image search: [Google]
Sawyer water and power.png
16 KB, 639x354
>>333005510
The central conflict in FNV is a conflict between essentially two states over bunch of resources, essentially, the Hoover Dam, a source of electricity and clean water. The conflict is waged over a neutral territory, and the residents suffer realistically. It just feels like a real conflict, the ones in 1/2/3 are very obviously fictional (a mutated genius/idiot and his army of supersoldiers, remnants of the old government who want to kill everyone but themselves, and, uh, whatever the FO3 was supposed to be.
>>
>>333004764
it would just be new vegas but with mexicans
>>
>>333005928
F3 was about water :^)
>>
>>333002571
>Miami
>Modifiable Airboats
>Factions completely different from established ones like BoS
>small references to fallout but game's setting being so different allows Todd to go apeshit
>Irradiated alligators and shit
>>
>>333006637
That's the thing, it kind of was, but the sides in that conflict wasn't exactly realistic or grounded. Plus, I don't remember what was the deal with Eden and him wanting to use the modified FEV because... uh, he was an abortion of science, I guess? Ultimately, it's not very well written.
>>
>>333002571
>In Canada
>>
File: rivet-city.jpg (441 KB, 1680x1011) Image search: [Google]
rivet-city.jpg
441 KB, 1680x1011
>>333002571

>Made by Obsidian
>Set in Chicago
>Takes place during the winter for cold weather survival and dark atmosphere.
>Plenty of art, culture and industry influences.
>Able to tie in so stuff from Tactics.
>Has all the crafting from New Vegas and Fallout 4.
>Settlement creation is more realistic/difficult.
>Collecting powerful equipment is difficult. No getting 20 suits of power armor or 5 Fat Mans like in Fallout 4.
>Enemies challenge you throughout the entire game and scale with your level. (I.E, You wont be able to reduce entire armies to gore with a single shotgun or be the only OP motherfucker with power armor.)
>Weapon degradation can stay out.
>No voiced protagonist.
>Let the player fill in their own backstory like they did with the Courier.
>Optional super high weapon damage.
>Real weather.
>Make the city feel like a real city.

Basically I just want Fallout "I like the sight o my own blood." edition.
>>
>>333003905
thats literally only the bethesda spinoffs retard
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.