[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was even the point of Axl? What could he do that X and Zero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: latest.jpg (606 KB, 1296x1593) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
606 KB, 1296x1593
What was even the point of Axl? What could he do that X and Zero couldn't do?

Never played X7, I beat X8 once years ago. From memory all Axl could do is aim his guns. But surely X and Zero could both do that in universe, outside of gameplay. What made Axl special? Was he in any way as valuable as the other two?

I mean X has his charge shot, all his armors, his limitless potential and adaptability.

Zero has the Z Buster, which is stronger than the X Buster uncharged, and has learned tons of sword techniques with his super powerful Z Saber. He's also a great close range fighter, to cover X's long range fighting style.

Axl has ??
>>
Axl can shapeshift can't he?
>>
>>333001971
Axl has rapid fire, can hover without any armor, can aim, and has his copy ability, which you'll probably only ever use to get a couple hidden items.
Overall he's kinda just a fun character to use once in a while besides X/Zero.
>>
>>333001971
How about instead of being a shitter who knows what he is talking about why don't you just look up a fucking wiki.
>>
>>333002262

>Copy ability

I remember this exists but I don't remember ever using it a single time in X8. Could he like transform into mavericks entirely or just use one of their shitty attacks?

>>333002378

>Stop talking about videogames!

I didn't see a Megaman X thread so I made one faggot.
>>
>>333001971
>Never played X7
Be glad then because it would surely make you hate Axl with passion, you are literally forced to play as him till you defeat around 6 bosses or save enough reploids before X stops his bitching and becomes playable, really X7 is fucking disgrace.

>>333002142
That ability is very limited, and really, it's not fun at all.

It's in Mega Man ZX Advent that it became sort of fun.
>>
>>333002510
Then just say "Megaman X" thread

The OP just makes you look like a fucking idiot who is too lazy to look shit up.
>>
>>333002510
>Could he like transform into mavericks entirely or just use one of their shitty attacks?
Just a few select enemies, that mostly used to get Chips.

It's only in Command Mission that Axl can copy bosses.
>>
>>333002510
He transforms into them completely, and gets most/all of their abilities for a limited amount of either use or time (I forget which) although I believe he can only transform into humanoid mavericks.
You need to use it in X8 in order to get 2 hidden items.
>>
File: Model A.png (234 KB, 696x769) Image search: [Google]
Model A.png
234 KB, 696x769
>>333002584
>It's in Mega Man ZX Advent that it became sort of fun.

Not him but it's a shame that Model A isn't who we're led to believe in that game originally.
>>
>>333002892
Model A was Axl in all but actual origin anyway.
>>
>>333002892
Which is ridiculous because Model X and Model Z are specifically said to have some of X and Zero's "soul" in them.
>>
>>333001971
in x8 axl is the beginner character

his guns shoot in any direction and don't have to reload, his starting pistol is pretty shit but all of his special weapons are really good and he can hang out in the air and slow fall forever by mashing shoot which makes a lot of platforming way easier. he also gets a bunch of upgrades that make dying a lot harder

x and zero are a lot better with upgrades then axl, but until then axl is the best. especially because on hard mode/no shop fighting bosses without special weapons is a huge pain in the ass, you can use a ride armor against the panda boss and then axl gets an amazing weapon that lets you do dark mantis stage (and get tons of awesome shit for everyone) without getting completely raped by the shield soliders
>>
>>333001971
>Axl has ??
The lewdest body.
The shapeshifting ability. It would be nice to see a new X game with him, as they managed to fleshout his kind of gameplay in ZXA.
>>
>>333001971
>From memory all Axl could do is aim his guns. But surely X and Zero could both do that in universe, outside of gameplay.
He could shoot things withot needing to go off and sulk now and then, unlike X
>>
>>333002510
>Copy ability
The OP seems to be focusing on the characters storywise, in which case the Copy ability is useful.
As I recall, he used it to trick Sigma then take him out in X7
>>
File: 20100620024809.jpg (315 KB, 566x867) Image search: [Google]
20100620024809.jpg
315 KB, 566x867
I always felt sorry for this poor fuck, who intially seemed like he was in charge, but later faded into irrelevance
>>
>>333002961
it is only an homage to axl, model a got its name from master albert
>>
>>333001971
An unfinished story.

X8 ends on a cliffhanger as to whether he lives or dies (due to reasons, he was likely to become the next Sigma).

ZXA also ends on a cliffhanger, but I never bothered to finish playing it to find out what it is.
>>
>>333007791
Master Albert. As in Dr. Albert Wily?
>>
>>333002584
BURN BURN B-B-BURNTOTHEGROUND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJTK_iNA5s
>>
>>333007791
I know. That's what I meant by "In all but actual origin" as in it's real name and the person who actually made him.
>>
>>333007802
ZXA's cliffhanger is basically Master Thomas going all "Albert had the right idea, but he fucked up, now -I- will make Legion great again!", then the power rangers appear from nowhere and it is implied they got rid of Mikhail, so Thomas is the villain for ZX3
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.