[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If they remade FF8, you'll buy it. I know you will.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: Ff8_logo.png (283 KB, 650x529) Image search: [Google]
Ff8_logo.png
283 KB, 650x529
If they remade FF8, you'll buy it. I know you will.
>>
Only because my disk 2 is scratched and the game freezes every time right after you reach the destroyed Garden.
>>
>>333000798
If they restored everything they cut, then yes. Yes I would.
>>
Yeah because FFVIII is the best in the series
>>
>>333000798
Only if the gameplay is completely changed.
>>
>>333002015
They changed the gameplay for 7, I'm sure if it's remade it's going to be changed
>>
>>333000798
Hell yes I would
>>
Only for Selphie's 3d bare legs
>>
File: Squall.jpg (42 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
Squall.jpg
42 KB, 600x420
>>333000891
>tfw one of your friends stole disc 3 for some reason
>never finished 8
>>
I would preorder the shit out of it.
>>
Favorite one then 13. Not even the trolling
>>
I like 8 so yes I would.
>>
>>333000798
I didn't like FF8
>>
File: 40543354.jpg (238 KB, 706x747) Image search: [Google]
40543354.jpg
238 KB, 706x747
>>333000798
An episodic release would actually be perfect with the plot and setting of FFVIII.

The idea is totally feasible if FFVII remaster is a commercial success.
>>
I'm a hardcore fan with FF8, so many times I would even try to escape reality with lucid dreaming, I would be in Balamb Garden where I would often train with Zell in the training center and help Selphie with the Garden Festival, but one day as I was talking to Selphie, we went to my dormitory for a private talk. She immediately said, "You know you could live with us forever.." I gave her a confused look and she continued, "We understand that you live on earth and you REALLY wish to live here". I then said "How..How did you know?" She then giggled and said "Because we've been watching you, silly!"

This was a dream come true and I almost cried right there. She then said, "I talked with Headmaster Cid and he agreed that you would be PERFECT for SeeD, you just have to do...one thing". She then held my hand and looked deep into my eyes and said "...You have to kill yourself for the transfer to work correctly." I then gave her some questions, "How long do I have before the deal expires?" She then said "Cid said 3 months.." I added by saying "What's the most painless way?..." She giggled again, "Suicide will require pain buuut...if you want it quick...Get a gun and a nice shot to the head works.

I then agreed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I know this will be tough but once it's over and done, you'll get to live here!" I then woke up and this was last week and i purchased a gun. I might actually kill myself because that dream just felt too real to be fake and my life isn't doing so grand.
>>
>>333000798
nope
>>
i'll get it as long as i can still beat the game at the lowest level possible
>>
>>333000943
There was cut content for this game?
>>
Actually I want a 3D remake of 6 like they did with 4
>>
What are the best mods for graphics and whatever else for FF8?
>>
>>333003353
Too much cut content. They couldn't even fit the entire game over 4 CDs. And needed staff from Xenogears, and still managed to fuck up both games

The ending for VIII was like 30 minutes long of CG.
>>
Of course, its my favorite mainline FF.
>>
>>333000798
I love FF8, but I doubt that a remake would turn out well. Besides, the original game still holds up great.
>>
I would swear undying allegiance to those japs.
>>
File: 1449412112067.png (500 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1449412112067.png
500 KB, 720x540
>>333000798
>Enemies level up with you

No, fuck that shit
>>
>>333004327
>be level 5
>come out of level 5 area as level 10
>next area is level 10
What's the difference, besides not being able to grind and steamroll the game by being overleveled?
>>
>>333004327
I never saw any problem with the level scaling enemies in practice. You still get stronger than them, just not ridiculously more powerful.
>>
>QTE event to fuck Quistis against the wall
>>
>>333000798
If they got rid of the draw system.

If they got rid of the Orphanage backstory.

If they got rid of the level sync, and the absolutely fucking retarded weapon acquisition methods, then maybe.
>>
As long as they fix the terrible English translation, by changing those Whatevers into the original lines.
>>
>>333004830

I agree with the retarded orphanage story.

But what is wrong with Draw and the weapons?
>>
I know i will
>>
>>333004830
sounds like someone never learned to git gud
>>
>>333004634
>>333004639
Leveling means nothing than. You can beat the game with your initial level and that simply is no fun in a jrpg. No reason to level makes it boring as fuck
>>
>>333002442
>having """friends""" that steal shit from you
Why do people do this?
>>
>>333000798
No, i wouldn't even buy my favorite FF, FF6.
>>
>>333000798
Whatever.
>>
>>333005386
Let's give the people magic, then make it so they never want to use it.

Then, let's make it so that they won't see a new weapon until disc two, unless they continue to fuck around endlessly and ignore the plot.

And for real fun, let's make sure that their limit breaks are linked to what weapon they have equipped, so they've basically got no reason to do anything except attack and use the same limit break over and over again until half the story is done. Or they can summon their GFs, but the story makes it explicitly clear that this is a bad thing, but who cares about story right?

Yes, there's some exaggeration there, but the whole game felt like it didn't want you to advance in any meaningful way until it decided you were ready.
>>
You're goddamn right I would, motherfucker.
>>
>>333005804
When you're a dumb teenage stoner you don't really give a shit who you hang out with, as long as they have weed.
>>
>>333005728
You can break the game in the beginning with card mod. Even you don't do that you should know how to junction unless your retarded.
>>
FF8 was my favorite.
>>
>>333006060

>Let's give the people magic, then make it so they never want to use it.

Why not? You can keep a separate stock of Magic you want to use, and Magic you want to keep for junctions. And besides, Draw has a Cast option as well, if the opponent has Magic, you can cast without using up your own stock.

>Then, let's make it so that they won't see a new weapon until disc two, unless they continue to fuck around endlessly and ignore the plot.

You can even get Lionheart in Disc One. I think searching for ingredients is a lot more interesting than saving up large amounts of gil to buy superior weapons in next town, because it adds exploration value.

>Or they can summon their GFs, but the story makes it explicitly clear that this is a bad thing, but who cares about story right?

That's only revealed near the end of the game, and using GFs has no effect neither on gameplay or story.

I just think you haven't made the effort to learn the game enough anon.
>>
>>333003695
>The ending for VIII was like 30 minutes long of CG.

and this it's why I hate FF games now. I tried to play IX but the prologue is just fucking long
FF is basically japanese Last of Us
>>
Absolutely would not. An VIII-2 in a heartbeat, because S-E sequels are always vastly different from (or exactly the same as) their base games. VIII actually is the only FF that ever warranted a sequel anyway, because it went in all sorts of directions and left many things hanging for it.
>>
File: read.png (9 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
read.png
9 KB, 600x600
>>333000798
Unless they make optional Quistis love route and why not for all other girls as well, no I won't.
>>
>>333006746
Does exaggeration mean nothing to you, or are you just picking a fight to make your e-peen larger?

As I said, if you're playing the game normally, you won't even get revolver until disc two, let alone Lionheart.

I honestly don't remember the draw system well enough to remember the details of immunities, weaknesses, and other intricacies, so I suppose I'll give you that one. I still hated it though.

And for the reason why the GF system pissed me off, see my prior comment on the orphanage plot that's almost as retarded as your argument.
>>
File: pan.jpg (86 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
pan.jpg
86 KB, 512x384
>>333007225

You know, when I played the first Final Fantasy, I think the essence of it, which made it successful, was the ability to tackle the game's world with a party of your own selection, each with names of your choice. It's hilarious when you name them after yourself and your friends, and see each one of them screw up throughout the struggles.

I think IV is where they started to loosen their hold on this, but IV, V, VI and VII were still great games.

I think Matsuno designed FF Tactics with that essence in mind. And other directors too, with games such as Etrian Odyssey.
>>
>>333000891
>tfw my disc 2 got broken when my cat knocked my ps1 off the shelf
>>
>>333007710

I'm not picking a fight, I'm simply pointing out that you have grossly misunderstood the game.

>As I said, if you're playing the game normally, you won't even get revolver until disc two, let alone Lionheart.

Revolver is Squall's starting weapon. Even if you played "normally", it's very easy to at least get Cutting Trigger by the half of disc one, unless you somehow missed the weapon magazine right after the dance party.

>And for the reason why the GF system pissed me off, see my prior comment on the orphanage plot that's almost as retarded as your argument.

The game reveals (near the end) that GF usage affects memories, but what implication does this have on the gameplay? This plot element is still present even if you go through the entire game without using GFs once. So tell me again, why exactly does the GF system piss you off?
>>
>>333008507

I meant to say Shear Trigger there, but Cutting Trigger is still very easy to obtain in Disc One.
>>
>>333003145
what the fuck my dood
>>
If they let you use the original ost then for sure as hell I would buy it.

Holy fuck did FF8 have a GOAT ost. Still listen to some of these tunes when I'm bored

>tfw lifting weights to The Extreme
>>
>>333000798
>if they remade Y, fans of Y will buy it
in other news, water is wet and grass is green
>>
>>333000798
Why wouldn't I buy the brst Final Fantasy?
>>
>>333009075

Same here, this one was my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkc8OujUZU
>>
>>333006060
This is a bit long but fuck it, have a wall of text.

Limit breaks are not linked to weapon equipped, the only thing remotely close is that you need to purchase lionheart to access the limit break, you can sell it again afterwards and still use that limit break, in fact its actually better to avoid any weapon upgrades except lionheart as not learning the other finishers increases the chance of using lionheart to 100% when two party members are out cold and squall is blinded+slowed on 1hp.

Zells changes based on the last 3 sets of combos you input, selphies is partial rng/partial stocked magic, quistis is item based, rinoas is skillbook based, irvines are based on what ammo you have in your inventory.

You dont need to use magic you stockpiled because you don't need to use magic at all, all you need is cerberus for d/t buffing and anything else can be done with easily refined stones. Another hilariously cheap way to get around needing magic is ultima-to resist, holy to elm-attack, and just hitting yourself when you need healing.

All weapons can be aquired on disc one except Irvine's, lionheart is widely known but it IS actually possible to earn all bar his via some serious grinding and card farming because the weapons magazines aren't required for ultimate weapons.
>>
Only if you can make sweet sweet love to Quistis. Possibly Ellone too.
>>
>>333003695
Source please.

I really like FF8 but I do think a lot of the chars outside of Squall and Rinoa weren't sufficiently fleshed out.
>>
>>333011124
Honestly, I feel like the characters were very very subtly fleshed out. Looking over the game again I get the feeling that if we could see into everybody's head like we can see into Squall's then we would have seen more character growth.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.