[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here playing Dark Souls 2 while waiting for Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 20160403103244_1.jpg (673 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160403103244_1.jpg
673 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone here playing Dark Souls 2 while waiting for Dark Souls 3 to come out?

I started out as Deprived and immediately joined the Company of Champions covenant. Game is harder than anticipated, worse since I started as Deprived, but after careful management of souls, I leveled up decently to take on NG+1 enemies using NG equipment.
>>
>>333000015
What? I don't think Company of Champions makes enemies NG+ it just boosts their damage a bit, lowers yours and makes them not despawn.

I don't mind the extra damage but I don't like mine getting lowered. What did I spend that time min/maxing? I still one shot some early game ones with an end game character tho.
>>
>>333000493
According here: http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Company+of+Champions
>CoC is one of two covenants that are available as soon as you get to Majula. Being a member of this covenant substantially increases the game's difficulty level by making every enemy deal more damage (up to 50% in some cases, especially bosses), have more HP, and have approximately 20% damage resistance (tested on bosses under identical circumstances in SotFS), similar to playing in NG+
>>
>>333000015
I've been playing it, yeah. I'm in the one windmill and I already burned the thing. I was going to do a build I've never done before in any of the games, but ended up respeccing to pure STR since that's what I'm comfortable with and I DON'T LIKE CHANGE.
>>
>>333000015
>spend all day downloading DS2
>start it up
>beat the first ogre for his ring
>trade in smooth stone and petrified something to birds
>got demon hammer and a lifegem
>quit
>uninstalled

This happens too often to me. I start thinking about the zones I have to go through next and either cant remember them or know them and think how awful they are.
>>
>>333001287
Lucky, if you ask me. Blunt/strike weapons are OP in DaS2.
>>
File: 20160401232140_1.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160401232140_1.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
>>333000015
Nah I'm playing the superior game.
>>
>>333000740
>using fan wikis.
http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/company-of-champions

>One of the first covenants that can be accessed, the Company of Champions can be joined by examining the Victor's Stone in Majula. The Stone is located to the right of the passage that leads to Heide's Tower of Flame.

>Joining the Company of Champions will make the game harder by increasing the damage dealt by enemies along with decreasing the damage dealt by the player:

Damage done to PvE enemies: -20%
Damage taken: increased by around 33%
PvE enemies HP: no change
PvE enemies respawn infinitely
Souls gained: no change
Effect on Item Discovery: ?

I can confirm this since I've played NG+ on DaS 2 DX9 + DLC and am on NG company of Champions in SotFS and I already beat the game but haven't selected NG+ yet since I'm farming Heide knights and they can't even touch me.
>>
>>333001638
So you're only playing up to Anal Rodeo and The New Super Londo Bros?
>>
>>333001638
What's up with the influx of noobs playing without DSfix, thinking they know shit.
>>
>>333001750
Oh, well, okay, but isn't wikidot a fan wiki as well? At any rate if that's the case I still don't mind, I do like the challenge.
>>
>>333001958
>isn't wikidot a fan wiki
I think it is, but I think it's a bit more accurate in some cases. I've seen it mentioned on the backs of game boxes so I use that but other wiki's are more detailed at times.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.