[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morrowind Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: Vivec_City.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Vivec_City.png
2 MB, 1600x900
Playing Morrowind for the first time, just got to Vivec and spent two hours wandering the cantons and the shops. It's amazing how big it is, especially in comparison to Skyrim.

Seriously, does Vivec have more interior spaces than the combined cities of Skyrim? Do most of them serve a purpose?
>>
just get nice and comfy

in a warm room

find a random book

and read it knowing you are safe from outside monsters
>>
>>332994758
>manage to find the Vivec secret library
>enter it
>start reading a book
>library wraith shows up
spooked HARD
>>
>>332994758
I spent like an hour reading books in the rare book store.
>>
File: b_Redesigned_Vivec_1.jpg (117 KB, 1229x837) Image search: [Google]
b_Redesigned_Vivec_1.jpg
117 KB, 1229x837
anyone try vivec redesigned? does it literally ruin everything?
>>
>>332993628
>Seriously, does Vivec have more interior spaces than the combined cities of Skyrim?
Probably.

>Do most of them serve a purpose?
No, but each canton having its own lodging, food, clothing and various other merchants makes each feel like a different city for people of the faction that controls it.

Goes a long way to making it seem like a real world and not a zoo.
>>
>>332994758
Morrowind really did have a certain comfyness to it at lower levels. The wilderness was so dangerous, and the towns were a safeheaven.

Also ancestral tombs were spooky af when you got lost
>>
>>332993628
Morrowind really isn't that big of a game, it's just masked by an incredibly slow movement speed and fog that hides draw distance. If you remove the fog you can easily see Ebonheart from Vivec
>>
File: 922786-cliffracer.jpg (8 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
922786-cliffracer.jpg
8 KB, 320x240
>walking peacefully through morrowind
>haven't encountered any cliffracers in ages
>starting to get paranoid because there hasn't been a cliffracer for far too long
>go around corner
>suddenly battle music plays at like 50 fucking decibels and a cliffracer starts attacking me

Has Morrowind ever jumpscared you /v/?
>>
File: viveccity.jpg (666 KB, 1746x1151) Image search: [Google]
viveccity.jpg
666 KB, 1746x1151
>>332993628
Vivec truly is one of the best cities in the series, and a contender for others. Guild quests, hidden guild quests , Faction Quests, a figgity fuck ton of side quests, enjoyable lore, and comfy-ass setting. Many, many of the NPC's you encounter will have some related quest, although likely you won't meet the requisite to engage them in it immediately. Many quests involve Vivec and aren't even started there.
>>
How's OpenMW? Last I heard it was complete?
>>
>>332995473
you can see the moon from earth. what's your point?
>>
>>332996268
i think it has everything vanilla has, but not everything vanilla+mods and theoretical complete openmw has
>>
>>332996041
>When the battle music starts playing but the enemy isn't in sight

This gets me generally.
>>
>>332996440
>not everything vanilla+mods
That's just fine by me
>and theoretical complete openmw
They're planning to add some additional features?
>>
>>332996268
>>332996440
Nah, they're not even at finishing 1.0 / just replacing base Morrowind.exe yet.

Hopefully soon though ...?
>>
File: morrowind.jpg (1 MB, 1245x1467) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.jpg
1 MB, 1245x1467
>>332995473
Either bait or you're retarded because literally everything you said is wrong.
It has both a higher interior cell count to Skyrim, and larger volume overworld
Vivec and Ebonhart are nearly touching.
Vanilla Morrowind Speed and Acrobatics lets you move more quickly than any other game in the series (vanilla) not to mention magic and potions
>>
File: 1381694015133.gif (1023 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
1381694015133.gif
1023 KB, 500x361
>>332996268
>tfw OpenMW and TamrielRebuilta are finally complete in 10 years
shit's gonna be so CHIM
>>
Anyone here play morrowind with their steam controller for maximum comfiness?
>>
>>332997049
Yea it's amazing how tiny skyrim is. I'm replaying through oblivion right now and I'm amazed at how much bigger it feels than skyrim.
>>
File: 1328705696634.gif (925 KB, 212x176) Image search: [Google]
1328705696634.gif
925 KB, 212x176
>>332997138
>Morrowind with a controller
>>
>>332997647
>But todd said the Xbox is the best way to play morrowind!
>>
>>332994893
Speaking of getting spooked while reading
>playing Morrowind on Xbox
>disc was old and used from playing so much
>loved reading books, even rereading them on multiple characters
>Game froze on me once while reading, didn't even realize it until I tried to turn the page
>had to turn the box off and reload a save made hours ago
>forever paranoid while reading books
>>
>>332998086
Console Morrowind is the sole cause of my still-existing saving OCD.
inb4 console pleb. i own on both because im a huge faggot like that
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.