[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about to start this. What should I expect?, is the series good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 151002-Yakuza_(USA)-1.jpg (228 KB, 640x903) Image search: [Google]
151002-Yakuza_(USA)-1.jpg
228 KB, 640x903
about to start this.
What should I expect?, is the series good? does it emulate well in pscx2?
>>
>>332991440
play the game and form your own opinions fucking faggot
>>
>>332991742
why so aggresive? at least answer the other questions
>>
>>332991440
Is the remake coming to the west.

I want to play it.
>>
>>332991440
it does well on pscx2, the series is fucking amazing..Expect to punch alot of people
>>
>expect?
Japanese stuff and brawling
>Good?
I like it
>Emulate well?
I wanna know too. Want to play it again.
>>
>>332992156
I dunno, downloaded the ps2 iso, setting up the emulator right now

>>332992237
thanks!

>>332992284
as soon as I finish setting it up and running, will let you know how it runs, along with my specs
>>
>>332992347
I would say don't upscale the game, as it looks great in the ps2 resolution
>>
File: yakuzapcxs2.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
yakuzapcxs2.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1440
>>
>>332992916
I used this setting, and I had a resolution error in the bottom corner..It would copy the texture of the upper corner and make it blurry..once I set the reso to native..It was fine..Played yakuza 2 in native and was awesome
>>
so far, it runs great!
the english dub, tho
>>
>>332993116
Its not THAT bad..But it is nowhere near as good as the Japanese voices..Kiryu was good in english,Date needed to be taught how to say japanese names
>>
>Majima will never be your bro
>>
>>332991440
>What should I expect?
A decent beat-em up with a good story
>is the series good?
It gets better with every entry
>does it emulate well in pscx2?
It's one of the best running games for the emulator
>>
>>332991440
skip and play yakuza 2

you'll get the plot of 1 from a headstone in 2
>>
>>332991440
Poor man's Shenmue.
>>
Maybe.
>>
>>332991440
I've recently started it myself aswell OP. Currently like 15 hours in. Very much enjoying it sofar. Has some hard fights here and there. Then again. I was more busy attempting to doge most shit instead of spam healing items.
>>
>>332991440
some side missions are permanently missable if you don't do them. As far as I remember some involve dating the girls as well.
I think there's a secret boss or mission if you complete them all.
Check the list online if you want to 100% but don't want to have a second playthrough.
>>
>>332995674
Thank you for reminding me Shenmue 3 is actually happening. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>332995553

I don't really think that the western version of yakuza 3 is better than Yakuza 2.
But you are right otherwise for the gameplay. Even the story in Yakuza 0 is one of the best in the series and the least shounin anime like.
It feels like a proper Yakuza movie without epic twists, dreams and friends.
So i hope the story of Yakuza 6 is also improved.
>>
>>332998232
If you choose certain answers wrong it also locks you out of certain quests. It's how I locked myself out of 100% like 17 hours in.
>>
File: 49f.jpg (73 KB, 575x824) Image search: [Google]
49f.jpg
73 KB, 575x824
Would I miss much of the plot if I started at 3 or 4? Are there much differences in the gameplay compared to the earlier titles?
>>
>>332992156

Yakuza 0 is coming in 2017, so there is not a chance in hell.
Start with 1 (if you have PC or PS2) Y4 ( for PS3) or wait and start with Y0 (if you only have PS4)..
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.