[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when the FGC and SRK were shilling this fucking garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Remember when the FGC and SRK were shilling this fucking garbage because it had the Capcom logo on it?

Remember when tourney players were saying how good it was and hiding the fact that there was this gem nonsense hidden within the game?

Remember when this game died a quiet death?

I remember because I'm not a fucking GOLDFISH like most retards that play video games. Anyone that takes the FGC community seriously is a retard.
>>
Yes but lets pretend it didn't happen
>>
>Remember when tourney players were saying how good it was and hiding the fact that there was this gem nonsense hidden within the game?

This is just like the "All SF pros are saying SFV is bad"

It was called Street Fighter X Timeouts for a reason.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pN9VSX3deY
>>
The opening music was top tier

It loved seeing non-SF characters in SF style.

Also, this game has the best remix of the SF4 theme.
>>
>>332988314
this game has disc locked content. i remember people tried to sue capcom over this.

http://kotaku.com/5890630/capcom-addresses-on-disc-dlc-controversy
>>
>>332988314
I still play cross Tekken with a few friends. Just picked up Rufus/Asuka.
>>
What exactly was wrong with this game? I know it had on-disc DLC but that's all I'm aware of.
>>
>>332988314

Same thing is currently happening with SFV.
>>
>>332990589

SFV is a main line title. It's not gonna fail you shit lord
>>
>>332988314
sf x tekken is good though
>>
>>332990589
people have fun with sfv currently
>>
>>332990559
>Timer ran out too fast
>Gems
>Pandora was practically useless
>Dial-a-combos
>>
Did they ever patch the Megaman bug?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJUelWRWBs
>>
>>332991243
Yes

Anyway i particularly think after the 2013 patch, the game was left in a pretty decent state. I'm not good at fighting games or anythign like that, but its kinda fun to mess around with the tekken characters sometimes.
>>
>>332990559
iirc on release the gem system made certain characters a little too powerful, certain stages had glitches that allowed people to fly up to infinity and win battles that way, online play was either on console on their laggy system, or on PC which was tied to GFWL. Tekken community did their best to promote the game but SFIV, being the big monster that SFV can't topple, retained all the attention

PC version is, to this date, still only playable via GFWL, which like Lost Planet 2, is where the game saves all your data and dlc
>>
>>332991198
>>Dial-a-combos
Not really that, it was more that it kept the SF4 combo scaling in a game that was about big combos. And fast as fuck standby health regen.
>>
As shitty as this game was it had the best trailers I have seen for any game, and the music selection was pretty awesome too.
>>
>>332991789
this is sadly true

THIS IS MY TOWN
>>
File: Tek_x_sf.jpg (122 KB, 800x538) Image search: [Google]
Tek_x_sf.jpg
122 KB, 800x538
Any news on this one though? Did they abandon the project or will it become like SMTxFE?
>>
The sad thing is that this game had legit potential but they threw it all away with horrible balance that was centered around gems and pandora and disc locked characters that you could fucking fight but not practice against.

What a load of shit.
>>
>>332992072
Harada has confirmed they are still going to make TxSF. It's just tough to fit it into the development cycle of other releases. Tekken 7 isn't even on consoles yet.
>>
>>332992072
Why would they abandon the project when Tekken 7 has Akuma?

Aside from the obvious show that Capcom and Namco are still cool with partnering with each other, Harada continuously announces that the project is still ongoing
>>
>>332992072
Holy shit, that Ryu looks so much better than his SFV version.
>>
>>332991458
2013 was a decent enough game tbqh, but it was much too late.

there were some cool characters added that probably will never get really fleshed out since it was DoA
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 703x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 703x397
>they could've expanded on this and replaced SF4 if it didn't do so shit
>we could've gotten regular SF4 + tekken
>>
>>332992072
They're making Tekken 7 FR right now.
>>
>tfw Darkstalkers 4 got cancelled because this flopped
>>
>https://youtu.be/JC61Kfircmk
Best trailer hands down, specially that final punch.
>>
>>332991198
Timer didn't run out too fast. Throws were just super shit that no one could open each other up and were stuck with jab confirms
>>
>everyone in the local scene hyping this up
>was sad at first that the pc version way delayed for months
>game turns out to be shit
>tfw the delay saved you

Based capcom. I still laugh at a friend of mine that got the limited edition from time to time
>>
>>332994068
okay
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.