[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /v/ suddenly hate Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1436227402537.jpg (42 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1436227402537.jpg
42 KB, 500x300
Why does /v/ suddenly hate Nintendo?
>>
>>332964494
>suddenly

It's been like this for some time.
>>
>>332964494
Your picture says it all
>>
>>332964494
We grew up.
>>
>>332965052
But, you still play video games? Aren't they inherently toys?
>>
It's literally "can Nintendo just die so we don't have to buy their consoles in order to play their games"
>>
Probably because they do stupid shit nobody likes.
>>
THEY SHIT ON THEMSELVES AND EVERYBODY ELSE WITH THE WII U. I TRUSTED IWATA AND HE GIVES ME A SHIT CONSOLE THEN DIES. FUCK THAT
>>
>>332964494
I don't hate nintendo, I've just completely given up on them. You can release only so many mario copy paste games before someone notices.
>>
>>332964696
>>332964591
>>332965052

im 28 and say nintendo is better than sonyshit
>>
>>332964591
>>332964696
>>332965687
>>332965732
>>332965875
>>332966105
>>332966452
>wehavethisthreadeveryday.png
>>
I like the 3DS but I don't have any plans to get a Wii U
>>
>>332966606
Okay
What does Sony have to do with this?
>>
>>332964494
Because lately they've been making lackluster amiibo spinoff games
>>
File: h.gif (2 MB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
h.gif
2 MB, 250x229
I'm waiting until the NX reveal to form a solid opinion. I'd like to see what they are doing now is building up to. They have been throwing literally everything at the wall to see what sticks, and I want to see what they think works and what doesn't.
>>
>>332966606
Neck yourself
>>
>>332966606

>28
>Lashes out at fans of other console

Wow Nintendo fans at their finest
>>
>>332966606

I'm 28 too and I'm telling you that you're delusional. Nintendo hasn't been relevant since the N64. It's all been downhill since the GameCube.
>>
>>332967160
So pretty much the same reason everyone hated Microsoft after 2012, they only made shitty kinect
>>
>>332964494
why not?
wiiu is garbage
they killed every single game they had
3d marios are now "new" style crap , same bout Paper mario.
They focus on amiibos instead of good games.

People is right about hating ninty , after all is an opinion.
>>
>>332964494
They pump out shitty Mario's year after year and ruin franchises.

Mario party is hot garbage and has been for a few years.
Fuck up Metroid and instead of back peddling to what worked they give up on it for half a decade only to announce something that is barely Metroid.

refuse to make another F-Zero even though GX was a cult classic. Maybe if you made a couple F-Zero characters for Smash to advertise like you did for Fire Emblem people would get interested

New Fire Emblem was meh with god awful localization

#FE enough said
>>
Ocarina of Time is overrated.
>>
I don't want to speak for anyone else, but my opinions on Nintendo changed after a read a long article called "A Dolphin Tale" and got quotes from Nintendo executives about how dismissive and contemptuous they are about the Western market and consumer, even though the US basically kept their asses in business during the N64.

I don't really see them as some nice company with a dedication to video gaming. I see them as a turtled up Nip company who is so far behind other studios at this point they can't catch up. Their games are unappealing and easy, and their hardware is bad.

Their stupefying belief that the point of diminishing graphical returns occurred back on Gamecube is just an artifact of their refusal to increase their budget sizes and then stand off in the corner glaring at the customer who rejects them.

So because they gave up and didn't want to fight, we're now left with Sony and Microsoft looking to impose the iPhone model on the console industry. When people complain that gaming is dead, don't underestimate how much Nintendo contributed.
>>
>>332964494
They've kinda gone stagnant with the Wii U for the most part so I assume that's it.
>>
>>332965732
I didn't use to think this way, but I'm starting to now.

Nintendo's hardware is just behind and now none of the noteworthy 3rd party games are ever on it.
>>
File: Louie.png (91 KB, 319x338) Image search: [Google]
Louie.png
91 KB, 319x338
>>332968627
>Their stupefying belief that the point of diminishing graphical returns occurred back on Gamecube

It did though. the 7th generation turned into a slaughtering ground and only the biggest pubs are able to afford to make the same jump that almost every dev was able to make in 5th and 6th gen.
>>
They are taking the piss. The wii U was a joke. They literally launched it with nintendo land and nsmb. They didn't even try
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.