[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japs don't like Star Ocean 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Capture.jpg (112 KB, 1070x491) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
112 KB, 1070x491
>Game is short
>Barely any side content
>Literally stuck on the same planet the entire game unlike the previous games with little navigation
>Bad camera angles

Kek too think i thought nips would just eat this up because of muh waifu's.
>>
File: Rage Tears.png (26 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
Rage Tears.png
26 KB, 300x309
>>332959079

FUCK FUCK

I HAD ALL MY HOPES ON THIS ONE

GODDAMMIT TRI-ACE THIS WAS THE ONE
THIS. WAS. THE. ONE.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
>>
File: bakagaijin.jpg (235 KB, 600x967) Image search: [Google]
bakagaijin.jpg
235 KB, 600x967
They just mad cause we made pantsu into briefs
>>
I like the look and its only £33. Does it have English subs?
>>
>>332959079
>Literally stuck on the same planet the entire game
This is what I was afraid of. It looked like that in all the trailers and it looks like all the characters except maybe the loli are from the same planet.
>>
>>332959079
is this Zestiria 2.0?
>>
>20 hours

You know it's sucks if the nips don't even like it.

Remind me why we think as a whole this series is better than Tales when there's only 1 good game?
>>
File: star_ocean_the_last_hope.jpg (112 KB, 660x322) Image search: [Google]
star_ocean_the_last_hope.jpg
112 KB, 660x322
>>332959609
Because it's anime star trek
>>
>Game is short
Streamer I watched finished the main game and the post game dungeon in under 50 hours, pretty bad

>Barely any side content
One post game dungeon with recycled bosses from Star Ocean 4, not just in name, literally copied from the previous game

>Literally stuck on the same planet the entire game unlike the previous games with little navigation
Areas are also incredibly linear with little incentive to explore and no puzzles or similar RPG mechanics at all

>Bad camera angles
Only in cramped indoor areas

Having watched a streamer go through it I was pretty disappointed to say the least.

All the enemies and skills are recycled from previous games, there is literally nothing new created for this game. The devs were apparently so devoted to making fans of SO3 happy that they pretty much made the same game without any interesting side content or post game content to keep players entertained.

They seemed to have forgotten that people like new things.
>>
They hate everything, Amazon.jp is literally just /v/.

GTAV got 1 stars and 2 stars because they censored the boobs and sex scene.
>>
Dont forget the censorship
>>
Most of the reviews are about Japs complaining about the camera.
>>
>>332959768
Why did they fuck up like this?
This was their chance to make SO relevant and they blew it
>>
File: 1378441299541.jpg (26 KB, 228x300) Image search: [Google]
1378441299541.jpg
26 KB, 228x300
>Star Ocean 1 was shit
>Star Ocean 2 was good
>Star Ocean 3 was shit
>Star Ocean 4 was shit
>DON'T WORRY GUYS STAR OCEAN 5'S GONNA BE GOOD
>>
>>332959998
Japanese video games are dying
>>
>>332960108
Thats not a real reason
>>
File: 1304786403848.png (73 KB, 829x750) Image search: [Google]
1304786403848.png
73 KB, 829x750
>>332960098

SO1 wasn't shit
SO2 was GOAT
SO3 was meh
SO4 was shit
SO5 is apparently meh at best
>>
>>332959597
No.
Star Ocean 5's camera is WORSE than Zestiria's camera.
>>
>>332959998

It really is a shame, I hope they look long and hard at this and maybe we get something in the form of DLC.

In addition to what I posted, there are only 6 playable characters, all of which are on the field at once, which from what I saw makes the game a little too easy. Even the previous two games had at least 8 different characters to choose from.

My real main issue however is still the lack of anything new to keep fans interested, we've seen everything in this game before.

Maybe people that have never played Star Ocean will enjoy it though I don't know.
>>
>>332959325
>Nips are this butthurt because of bigger panties.
>>
>>332959079
I thought I saw a stream like yesterday of the team in a space ship.

This sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>332960171
They are trying a last final nostalgia cashgrab with sequels with less content than their predecessors. I.e Street Fighter, DOAX, Star Ocean, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy etc
>>
>>332960098
>>332960226
SO3 was the most popular game in the series
>>
>>332959325

The only way they could be more like us is if they were bitching about the Jews.
>>
>Using Amazon JP as a reference
That's where 2ch goes to spam negative reviews. Look at any game series.
>>
>>332960520
Dragon Quest games are better then ever.
There are also tons of niche titles being released.

"japan is dying lol" has never been a valid excuse, just a shitpost
>>
>>332960260
Your serious?
How bad?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.