[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rock Band Network is doomed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: RB4PC_Fig_Avatar_BACKER.png (667 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
RB4PC_Fig_Avatar_BACKER.png
667 KB, 700x700
So there was a chance for the best feature from Rock Band 2 and 3 to come back and now it's never going to happen unless some rich people suddenly gain interest and fund it.

I really wish Harmonix didn't stumble so hard on RB4, and this campaign too. I know that Rock Band 4 will become a very competent entry into the series eventually once all the updates happen and we get the features that should've been there day 1 (They're indie so I understand no online mode, no MTV bux anymore, but practice mode is a must) but this campaign was too soon, and soured everyone's thoughts on them.

Not to mention it's on fig, and a lot of people don't trust that, or Shaffer, so that hurt them as well. Sucks, 'cuz I really think RBN (and a PC version) could've saved RB4.

any rich anons out there willing to do this poorfag a favor and help fund this? I already shilled 200 bucks because I sincerely love this franchise and I can't see one of it's best features get canned like this.

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc
>>
Gotta say you're really earning your Harmonix pay, shill.
>>
They should've waited a lot longer. Now it just looks like they totally botched 4 and are just trying to scramble together some more cash by getting a pc version ported by another company.
Especially since they explained why they wouldn't make a pc version, and all of a sudden when 4 seems to have made a bit of a nosedive, they start trying.
>>
I'd like to create stuff for RBN and get a PC RB but fuck Tim Schafer.
>>
im an adult and learned how to play real instruments instead of toys
>>
I'd fund RB3 for the PC but they fucked up with 4. I'll just keep playing 3 on my PS3.
>>
>>332954624
I'd love to work at Harmonix. I'm not denying that I know a bunch of people from there and they're all lovely folks, but personally I don't work there since I live too far away.

I did have my hand in RBN though, and it really changed my life around because I got to meet some of my biggest musical heroes and work with people I never thought I'd even meet, made a lot of friends in the industry, that kind of thing. So I suppose I'm shilling for them out of nostalgia?

>>332954869
Yeah, agreed. And they only just recently started mentioning why a lot of cuts were going on, whereas they kept being judged as a AAA game publisher like they were when RB3 was new.
>>
>>332954179
Jesus christ, why do these people think they have to innovate? All you need is a solid core made up of responsive gameplay and durable peripherals. Beyond that, we don't need a whole new fucking game every other year, all we need are track packs and they can get their fucking money that way.
>>
>>332955386
I was going to say RB4 is the same old but with a few new features and 5 years later, but I suppose you're talking about Rock Band VR? Yeah that was a ... weird move on their part for sure.
>>
>>332954179
Why the fuck would I ever want to "invest" in shit like this? Can't these pathetic game companies find 1.5million investor? That's not a lot at all, really.

Get the fuck outta here you shill.
>>
>>332955053
I hear you, Anon. I'm none too keen on Shaffer's business shit myself.
>>
>>332955795
Maybe they should ask Trump's dad for a small loan.
>>
>>332954179
>fig
>Kickstarter, embezzlement edition

HAHA no
>>
How about they actually put in an online mode and THEN try to shill out a PC version

Where are the priorities
>>
>>332955547
>Rock Band VR
I don't even

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryA6CaaKa3c

The visuals look as bad a Guitar Hero 3's.
>>
>>332956213
Agreed. I really wish they had kept RBVR quiet for another year or something (if they NEEDED to release it, anyway), it could've helped their RB4 situation a little, I think.
>>
Huh, so instrument games really are dead. I thought that waiting some time between releases would do them good but nope
>>
>>332955901
I'm not joking about the 1.5million.
That's chump change for any big publisher.
>>
>>332955547
I'm talking about rhythm games in general. GH1 was awesome, but the controls were unresponsive and sometimes clunky, especially when recognizing HOPOs. 2 Fixed the a majority of those problems but the blocky design of the controller became more of a problem. The first Rock Band knocked it right out of the fucking park with their guitar controller. That plastic strat was some pretty comfy shit, only problem is that it was fragile.

This is the point where there are now two giants in the rhythm game market. GH has much better song lists but rock band is going strong with their full-band setup. (Yes, i bought both and loved them.)

Problem is now they had to keep trying to 1-up eachother. GH3 introduced the battle system which was pretty fun for wrecking scrubs. RBII didn't do much to their core, but it came with track packs so you could expand your song library without buying a new game. It also allowed you to transfer songs from RB1, which was bitchin'. Few people bought the RB2 bundle though, because there was no notable improvement to the peripherals.

Now we're hitting the point where all but one of my friends lost interest and since we both played guitar/bass all the time, we just bought Guitar Hero up until GH5/GH: Metallica.

In the most recent incarnation, I decided to buy GH: Live, mainly because I havent bought a PS4 yet and thats my only option. GH Live is shit. It is bullshit. It is Super Bullshit 64. While the new controlled setup seemed cool on paper, it is a mess during actual gameplay, especially the way most songs force you to contort your fingers to hit the notes just right. In-game, the single player is boring and last I played, requires you to go through the band entrance cutscene every damn time you want to play even a single song. All of the single-player music is relatively new shit which I have no interest in playing or even listening to and the online multiplayer is some godawful mess of a quasi-pay-to-win setup.
>>
Honestly if we got a basic online mode and character customization that wasn't complete ass, I'd be pretty content with RB4.
>>
>>332957087
Ah, yeah I get what you mean, though I still say the old PS2 SG was the best controller.

Word, one of my fondest memories in gaming actually came from the day I got Rock Band 1, and then had a full band setup in the same room, all playing Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi on every instrument. Shit was magical, like the arcade feel of GH had evolved into something else, and it was great, but now it's really hard to find anyone interested in playing anymore, which is where the online mode would come in handy.

Oh god, I'm sorry for your loss on GH Live though. I really did love the idea of innovating the concept but I couldn't get past the trash setlist and the terrible video backgrounds. GHTV sounded like a GREAT idea, but then you can't download the songs you play permanently(?) after trying them on the network, so what's the fucking point?

Meanwhile Rock Band has just been misstepping constantly and getting their priorities all mixed up. At least the setlist in 4 was decent to awesome.
>>
>>332954179

>1.5 million dollar asking price on a no name crowdfunding website

Listen I would have jumped at the opportunity for this but for that's a lot of money to ask for a port. Would have been cool, but what they're asking for is unreasonable and they're going about it the wrong way.
>>
>>332958351
OP Shill here, I hear you anon, they really are going about this the wrong way, at the absolute wrong time. I can't speak about if it's too much for a port, though, I have no idea how much outsourcing would cost.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.