[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled Is Doom 3 good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: FUCK YOU MIKE.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU MIKE.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
So now that the dust has settled

Is Doom 3 good?
>>
I feel like any thread that starts with:
>So now that the dust has settled
Is inherently trying to bias readers against the title. Just way too many shitpost threads that have begun with that line.
>>
>>332953768
no

RoE was okay though
>>
File: goat of doom.webm (3 MB, 474x478) Image search: [Google]
goat of doom.webm
3 MB, 474x478
>>332953768
Good game. Not a good Doom game.
>>
The game would have a better reputation if it wasn't titled Doom 3.
>>
>>332954035
heh
>>
>>332953768

It's fine.

Was fine at release, is still fine today.
>>
>>332953768
It's alright. Just far far too fucking dark.
>>
>>332953768
With mods.
>>
Is BFG edition worth getting? I've never actually played 3 before.
>>
>>332955616
Not unless you can't run the original for some reason.
>>
the guns do the same damage as nerf guns. I had a edited ini file that uppped the damage, reduced shotgun spread, and bound a light to the pistol, and it made the game 20x better.
>>
battletoads is better
>>
>>332955616

Original is better for PC.

Everything new to the BFG edition is already done much better with mods for the original. You cannot mod the BFG edition.
>>
the game wasnt fun
>>
Classic late-90s/early-2000s FPS, super slow, pretty long. It tries a lot and it's not the best game ever but it's pretty good.
>>
File: 1437246643316.png (18 KB, 666x291) Image search: [Google]
1437246643316.png
18 KB, 666x291
>>332953768
No.
It tried to be scary. It failed miserably at it.
It tried to be serious, and it was only boring
Also it one of worst shotguns in history of FPS. I mean, seriously, how can you fuck up a shotgun?
>inb4 "nostalgia glasses"
Doom 3 was my first Doom. And the only Doom I didn't complete.
>>
File: Doomguy.jpg (160 KB, 569x1252) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy.jpg
160 KB, 569x1252
>>332955081
This really. I remember getting a mod that taped flashlights to all the major long guns like the chaingun and shotty. Really made that game a lot better. Also PDA scavenging was fun.
Cherubs and tentacle commandos were creepy as fuck.
>>
>>332958090
Fuck Cherubs.
>>
It's better than the original. It got a lot of hate because it's so much different.
>>
>>332957834
the shotgun was actually very satisfying it just didn't do enough damage
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.