[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Man, I was born in 88, and I hate kiddies who grew up on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: My+first+fps_1f7edc_4266563.jpg (101 KB, 602x792) Image search: [Google]
My+first+fps_1f7edc_4266563.jpg
101 KB, 602x792
>Man, I was born in 88, and I hate kiddies who grew up on Halo. I was 13 when Halo came out, my childhood was over; therefore I didn't "grow up" with it - never mind the fact that teen years are still counted as "growing up" years, nope, as we all know, childhood is all the growing up you do in life.
>I TOTALLY remember being 6 years old and playing REAL shooters like Doom, Quake, etc.. Us 6 year olds, we were the Doom Generation - the non-casual generation with real taste in video games. xD Yep, pre-Halo shooters had the same amount of impact on us as those who were teens when those games came out.

I cringe at this type of posting you see on /v/, it would fit better on Buzzfeed or Facebook.
>>
as long as the internet exists there will be niggas bragging about their age and shitting on "kiddies".

protip: it's because we all wanna be 12 again.
>>
My first fps was Chex Quest.
>>
>>332949754
I know, but there are always these pretentious late-80s fucks on /v/ who think they "narrowly avoided" growing up with Halo because they were 12-14 when it came out, and "my childhood was over by then!!!11"

Nevermind the fact that teen years are also highly important in your life and also count as "growing up".
>>
I was born in 93 and my first taste of FPS was Doom in '97. Then it was Half-Life, CS, and TFC when they came out at the time. My dad and cousin were/are cool.
>>
>>332949517
Great thread m80, you ever considered working for Kotaku?
You fucking faggot.
>>
>>332949517
What i like about this meme is it started around 2003 and most of the people then were still people from the 1990's

It raises the question for people born in 2000 and playing a game released in 2001, how can they play it?
>>
I'm pretty sure Halo invented FPS.
>>
File: 1356303423202.jpg (80 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1356303423202.jpg
80 KB, 400x400
>>332949517
my first fps was Star Wars Dark Forces
>>
>>332949517
SAY THAT TO MY FUCKING FACE

ME YOU BLOOD GULCH NO ROCKET LAUNCHERS

GONNA PAINT MY WARTHOG RED IN YOUR BLOOD AND WHITE FROM YOUR MOTHER'S CUM
>>
>>332949815
Mah nigga.
>hmm kill it with the rapid zorcher or spoon it to death.
>>
>>332950363
The meme targets people born around the mid 90s, i.e. 94-97, who were in their childhood years when Halo came out.

But in my opinion it's a fucking dumb meme, because people who were teens when Halo came out could also be considered the "Halo Casual FPS Generation" because teens are usually the people who buy shooter games. In fact, I would argue it had a GREATER impact on people who were teens when it came out, than those who were 4-7 when it came out.

Yet, pretentious late-80s born people on /v/ think they "narrowly avoided" growing up with Halo because they were 12-14 when it came out, and "my childhood was over by then!!!11"
>>
>>332949517
Honestly that's no too far off bat for people born around that time, doesn't help your targeting consoles with Halo and more likely the PC option with Doom and the like
>>
File: 724.jpg (37 KB, 346x358) Image search: [Google]
724.jpg
37 KB, 346x358
>>332949517
I cringe at the fact that there are faggots who think shooters are playable with a controller, proper shooters are not because you get rekt by the AI or kb&m players in MP so hard you'll smash that controller into pieces.
This whole "FPS on consoles" trend, which was started by Halo is the sole reason for turning FPS into set piecees exposure simulators with braindead AI, linear levels and unengaging slow gameplay.
This is the reason it's hated, not the fact that some people were older when it came out.
You dumb bitch.
>>
>Implying growing up with Halo is a bad thing.
I'm 27 and don't give a shit. Only manchildren care about this crap. Halo was fucking fun, even for being a console FPS. It was even better when it finally came to PC.
>>
>>332949517
It is funny cause nobody respects the fucking classifications ever
>>
>>332949517
FPS games suck
>>
>>332951361
Or maybe it's because most people like that sort of shit to begin with. Don't be a faggot that doesn't know what he's talking about. Half-Life started all that 'cinematic experience' shit and it came out 3 years before Halo did.

Nothing's worse than manchildren trying to pretend they are 'mature' for hopping on /v/ bandwagons about what games to like or hate, especially when you're a millenial anyway. Shove your fedora up your ass.
>>
>>332951361
I remember when people use to shitpost knowing history, proper shooter is some no real scot bullshit and the FPS on console trend was more or less started with Goldeneye/Perfect Dark since most PC ports before that didn't leave the same large impact those did
>>
>>332949517
Your generation is not as good as this generation.

Everything was just newer back then.
>>
>>332951782
>FPS on console trend was more or less started with Goldeneye/Perfect Dark

Those were small as all fuck compared to the impact of Halo.
>>
>>332951361
So it's hated because of shit that other games did, that it didn't do itself, instead of hating those other games

wow that makes so much more sense anon.
>>
File: cuck.png (77 KB, 714x741) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
77 KB, 714x741
>>332949517

Although you're right to shit on halo 2 and everything after, CE complimented those FPS games you cherished.

It took the dedicated melee and grenade buttons from other games, it gave a reaction buffer from incredibly one sided fights. Allowing the player to rationalize the fight between either him and the NPC or another player. It took opened cockpits and seating positions from Tribes and added it to its own vehicles. It had a terrific score from a skilled composer and the story line was basic yet intriguing enough. The universe was a post apocalyptic wasteland and you were at a nuke silo. It is absolutely okay to shit on what is considered the halo " Fan " by and large because they set us back. It is however ironic that they'd give Halo 2 such success despite its short comings and then bitch about halo 4 and onward.

It is the future they chose.
>>
OP you sound insecure as fuck.

Are you afraid you are not gonna fit in if you like Halo?
>>
>Halo
>2 xboxes, 8 players
>1 guy is an invisible, hyper fast zombie with melee only
>the other 7 guys have to beat the zombie(s) before being turned

>Online with friends
>driving around with your bros shooting up the enemy team
>dog fights in the sky while bros try to back you up with ground missles.

Who ever shits on halo is a retard. It was probably the most fun shooter out there.
>>
>>332952286
Nobody fits in in /v/
All the fags in /v/ love to shit on everybody else for liking other shit they didn't play.
>>
>>332949517
>REAL shooters like Doom, Quake, etc

Those games brought something new to games. Halo shit dumbed down FPS games like Quake 3 and can be only enjoyed by people whoe didn't knew better like kids.
>>
I really don't get the Halo meme. It's a bad shooter through and through, the only appeal is fucking around in vehicles.
>>
File: halo.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
halo.gif
1 MB, 480x360
>>
>>332952358
Beacuse most retards on /v/ think hating or shit on something will make them look more smart or cool
>>
File: Laughing bitches.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Laughing bitches.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>332952526
>Try-harding to fit in this badly.
>>
File: junko.png (614 KB, 679x889) Image search: [Google]
junko.png
614 KB, 679x889
>>332949517
>>
>>332949517
>Us 6 year olds--we were the Doom generation.

I'm using that in the future. That's gold.
>>
>Play Halo Master Chief collection in 2015
>Its a broken mess but whatever
>Just got this Xbone haven't played Halo since Halo 2 and I never got to experience online
>I'm having a blast
>Finally decide to try Halo 4
>Its literally a fucking CoD clone with kill cams and streaks
>Feel dirty
>Return Xbone regretting that I never got to experience Halo 1-Reach in its prime

Feels horrible one of the best games of the millennium and it gets fucked by 343

hopefully once Bungie is done with Destiny they can recreate that feeling.
>>
File: 1320571154654.jpg (48 KB, 474x460) Image search: [Google]
1320571154654.jpg
48 KB, 474x460
>>332949517
I have a 9 year old brother and I've started playing Halo with him. So for him Halo literally is his first FPS.

He always runs for the rocket launcher first so he has a chance of instagibbing me. I only actually have to let him win sometimes because of that fucking rocket launcher.
>>
File: no homo.gif (409 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
no homo.gif
409 KB, 250x188
>>332952352
>high school
>kid uploads CE onto some of the school's computers
>other kids save it their C drives and onto flash drives
>shit spreads like the goddamn plague
>school regularly has to clean the system just to stop it for a few days
>they just give up right before vacations and breaks, and all everyone ever did was just play multiplayer all day

Don't care much for the series, but goddamn that was the most fun I had during my high school years.
>>
>>332952942

They did it to themselves faggot, MW was made from Halo 2 and 3 at the time. Call of duty didn't have a knife lung animation until fucking 2 came out.
>>
First FPS was Doom 95 followed by Chex Quest then Quake
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.