[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to play previous dark souls to play 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 256x330
Do I need to play previous dark souls to play 3?
>>
>>332947823
No, but you should
>>
>>332947823
Actually in this case, yes.

DaSIII has shittons of references to DaS1, which you simply won't appreciate without playing it
>>
>your character is born somewhere
>there are npcs speaking nonsense
>ending would be depressing if I gave a fuck about what was going on

there's the story of every souls game including 3
>>
>>332947823
Only if you care about lore. Going in blind to a Souls game is a pretty great experience.
>>
No, dont listen to anybody else. The "Story" in souls games does not matter at all.
>>
>>332947823
Plotwise it really doesn't matter, since the games are very loosely tied together and there is little focus on story
I'd play DaS anyway because it's a fun game
>>
>>332948571
>loosely tied together

They straight up copy paste boss designs and characters from DS1+ and a whole area in DS3
>>
>>332949045
>Plotwise
>>
>>332947823
Comes down to you OP, if you want to understand how the world works from scratch then yes, but you have to pay attenion and have a lot of patience, from both DaS 1 and 2, but if you don't it really doesn't change a lot, it's just up to you on how much you appreciate the story.
>>
You should, it's a fun time

Also Dark Souls 3 has a bunch of callbacks that you will appreciate more if you played the previous games
>>
File: lZjPpyY.jpg (119 KB, 676x704) Image search: [Google]
lZjPpyY.jpg
119 KB, 676x704
>>332949045
Could be worse.
>>
>>332950341
Huh, its almost like 1 copied a lot of shit from DeS. Of course, literally everything is okay when Muhyazaki does it.
>>
no

there is a cycle; it repeats itself

DaS3 represents another cycle; it might end, or it might not

that's all you need to know

the references don't matter, it's all about overcoming obstacles, being immersed within an oppressive atmosphere, and just enjoying the gameplay
>>
>>332947823
No but it will help, I played the network test back in November and it plays /a lot/ like DkS1.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.