[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT WENT SO WRONG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: 20140603_523ok.jpg (34 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
20140603_523ok.jpg
34 KB, 620x320
WHAT WENT SO WRONG?
>>
Unresponsive controls and poor framerate
>>
>>332940142

It's so weird. The controls are unresponsive with chibi Noct, but okay with grown Noct.

Like blocking with the shield is instant, no delay.
>>
>>332940307
This honestly.

Grown Noctis plays perfectly fine but shota Noctis plays like shit. Grown Noctis was fun as hell to play
>>
File: 002.png (171 KB, 595x418) Image search: [Google]
002.png
171 KB, 595x418
But I thought that the release was in September.

Spoon feed me.
>>
File: Cidney uncovered.webm (970 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Cidney uncovered.webm
970 KB, 1000x562
No option to gangbang Cidney.
>>
i blame the engine
>>
>>332939305
I'm hyped for it after playing the demo tbqh. Yeah the frame rate could be better, but I enjoy the combat, visuals and characters.
>>
File: FFXV Platinum Demo Combat.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
FFXV Platinum Demo Combat.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>332940603

OP is just being retarded, and the other people are talking about the demo.
>>
>>332940603
typical /v/ doom and gloom shit
>>
Ill play devil's advocate, they have 6 months left dedicated almost entirely to fixing the framerate
>>
>>332939305
Not much actually, I'm pleased
>>
>>332940660
>colorful character that offers some creativity with combat
>can't be a pt member
>instead we got more faggots wearing black

I am too old. Back when I was plying FF you had Yetis, Moogle, lab experiments, fortunetelling cats and girls in your groups.
>>
>>332940947

They already confirmed guest female members.
>>
>>332940874
Implying that will happen.
>>
Did something go wrong?
>>
Noctis is a manlet.

Hellooo, SE, 5 7 is Tom Cruise/rdj territory.

Cant believe someone greenlighted the game.
>>
>>332941024
>guest

If I can't drag 'em till the lst boss, why borther leveling them in the first place?
>>
>>332941104

Because I guarantee Stella will be a permanent member after Prompto dies.
>>
File: Charlie of Philadelphia.jpg (42 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
Charlie of Philadelphia.jpg
42 KB, 500x349
>>332940660
>New Footage

holy fuck she better be in at least one CGI cutscene, I can't imagine her after VisualWorks gets their hands on her, figuratively, anyway.

Jesus Christ my dick is going to explode with the force to create a thousand suns and their own galaxies.
>>
>>332940850
how can this look so fun? FF supposed to be ded
>>
>>332940850

This looks seriously fucking good.
>>
>>332941205
>Prompto
Gladio will seemingly die, to be replaced with Cor about 2/4 of the way through. At the 3/4 point, Cor will die (for real), and you'll be left with only Prompto and Ignis. After an hour or so of play, Gladio will come back, and be with you for the whole endgame.

The final boss kills Prompto and knocks Ignis and Galdio out of the fight. Stella joins you as a temp member for the final boss fight.
>>
>>332940874
The framerate is a big red flag, but the demo was put together from other of the game's assets and is not a section taken directly from the final game, so it might not be optimized properly. They should have fixed that though, because now there's a legitimate reason to think there are framerate problems in the game. Nobody can tell exactly if the problem is just shitty demo optimization or the game's going to be like that.
>>
>>332940307
>>332940557
The squenix exec at the uncovered event did say that Platinum Demo was a standalone experience
separate from the main game

I'm guessing they just threw the shota mechanics together quickly to tide over the fans before it launches
We probably wont get to play as shota noct in the real game
>>
>>332941541
>We probably wont get to play as shota noct in the real game
I think there are a few sections where we can, but not any combat. More like the prologue and dream sequences with Stella or something.
>>
>>332939305
they should have stopped after FF1
>>
If the framerate takes a shit with only one enemy on screen then imagine what will happen when you're fighting an army plus a metal gear with explosions going on.
>>
File: platinum demo.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
platinum demo.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>>332941291
>>332941445

while aerial combat is mostly pointless in the demo - it's main point is to allow people to try it out as it's not in ED
>>
>>332940660
I really, really want a Cidney figure. I hope the inevitable Play Arts one is looks good.
>>
>>332941291
>>332941445

When development actually started on FFXV the key idea was to make, and I'm paraphrasing, "the combat more cinematic", "like Advent Children"

It LOOKS SO GOOD, and the CGI/Movie version of XV will literally be THAT GOOD, but the game is hot garbage and feels like your hand on a stove.
>>
>>332941620
>Stella
Kek
>>
>>332941650
The framerate didn't dip badly during large encounters in the Duscae demo. Not to say the framerate was any good, cause it wasn't, but it wasn't having huge dips.
>>
>>332941847
I forget, is her name Stella or Luna now?
>>
>>332939305

it's not released yet dipshit.
>>
>>332939305
Am I wrong in thinking that so far the only things that we know are wrong are also easily fixable? The fps problem could be solved easily by switching to PC or by optimising, and the unresponsive controls could be tweaked and fixed.

The actual combat system would be awesome if it was more fluid. It is kind of like a darksouls light but with a lot more rewards for an aggressive player. Also the ability to move around and climb a building mid combat is kind of cool. It would be interesting to force enemies to switch to their lesser ranged weapons to try to hit you while you lob grenades at them.

The magic system is not really magic at all, it seems more like combat items, but that could be changed by removing the limit on how many times you can cast a spell.

The main issue is the story, if it has a good story then the game will be worth playing.
>>
File: Confusion.jpg (39 KB, 315x316) Image search: [Google]
Confusion.jpg
39 KB, 315x316
How did the character and costume design progressively get worse and worse over 10 years?
>>
>>332941937
It's Luna
>>
>>332942150
Deals with clothing designers or some shit.
>>
Game looks good, Stay mad.
>>
>>332939305
They simply should have made a Final Fantasy game. Instead they made GTA: Emo Edition.
>>
>>332942150
What do you want, a guy dressed like the one in your pic?
>>
>>332940660
why are there cars?

it's a weird thing to see in final fantasy
>>
>>332942227
It certainly looks good. It doesn't play well, however.
>>
>>332942330
>cars are weird to see in final fantasy

Nigga cars has been in final fantasy in VII, VIII, and LR
>>
>>332942150

I prefer the clothing now to the garbage backs Noctis was wearing in Versus.

Also glad there will be alternate outfits too.
>>
>>332942278

jesus christ this is lazy - giving you a reply out of pity
>>
>>332939305
The gameplay is shit.

We waited a whole decade and wanted good gameplay. I'm glad that it looks and sounds nice, but it plays like ass, and it's still a video game.
>>
>>332942071
>FPS
>unresponsive controls
>combat system
>magic

All things The Witcher 3 could have fixed, and didn't, because why should it? Still sold like hotcakes. Gamers are not the target audience of games anymore, and if ever there was a series so bloated into delusion, it's goddamn Final Fantasy. Expect nothing different than ED and Platinum. Shit's garbage.

>story

Final Fantasy has never had good stories. It struggles to even have a likable cast, of which none of XV seem to be.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 512x288
>>332942150
>character design getting worse
I remember seeing a blogpost way back during the Versus XIII days
Some Fujoshit was furious that they gave Noctis a stronger jawline and more aggressive face
She demanded that nomura make him more androgynous and girly

If some anon here knows what im talking about please post a link or screencap, i want to read it again
>>
I'm way, WAY more interesting in the story of a young boy trapped in his dream world, trying to get back to the real world while facing nightmares and such, and using light-hearted weapons and magic to fight shadowy monsters.

Not so interested in Anime MC and his Anime Bros doing Anime things in this line by line Anime Story while some Final Fantasy things happen.

The gameplay is fun, though.
>>
>>332942621
So I am guessing you never played a Final Fantasy game before FF7? Earlier games had amazing story. FF7 and 8 had decent story.

Also, a lot of games don't choose to change combat, you are right about that, but FFXV already updated their combat because of massive complaints. They appear to actually be listening to fans gameplay-wise. Perhaps they will hear people complaining about this and tweak things.
>>
>>332942951
That first one is pretty much the majority of Child of Light.
>>
File: 1459589989816.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1459589989816.png
1 MB, 1366x768
So shitposting aside, none of you actually take the vegetables out of a good hamburger right? I mean, just eating meat, bread, and cheese. That's some fucking insult to a good burger there.
>>
>>332942602
>The gameplay is shit.

Incorrect. For a casual ARPG, it's not bad.

The combat isn't as basic as I thought it was. If you fiddle around, you can pull off some pretty neat shit. Just don't go expecting something as deep as DMC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEYvFS7w3KE&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzbNCiVzzYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8UqiPl5laU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYanAX2AlVU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcQLsRRMLQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxSwEL7SPo0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1YiVWlRi9E
>>
>>332943060
My brother does. He's a huge faggot.
>>
>>332942680
Japanese culture is ass backwards anyway. They believe that a man that looks masculine is gay because he is so insecure in his sexuality that he HAS to look straight. In their eyes a straight man should be able to look like a woman, act like a woman, and wear more makeup than a woman and still be taken seriously as a straight guy.
>>
>>332943060
Only lettuce. Fuck lettuce.
>>
>>332943060

Noctis is known to be a picky eater. Especially with his coffee.

I put fries in my hamburger.
>>
>>332942150
>character and costume design
Nothing will beat X at that regard.
>>
>>332943060
It depends, there is a burger dive by me that occasionally seems to use crap veggies in their burgers, so I take out the offenders, but at a REAL burger place I keep everything I ordered on it, including the veggies.
>>
>>332943065
They tried to make it look as flashy and intricate as DMC but the gameplay just sucks.

>For a casual arpg
First off, qualifying the statement is bad. Second off, qualifying it with "for a casual" anything is worse.

KH has extremely simple combat, but it's responsive and fluid and works like it's supposed to. XV looks pretty, but have you actually played it? The air combos amount to throwing a few shurikens and then tapping left or right while throwing your next one. There's no precise timing or cancels to reset combos, and they leave you wide open, which will be a problem when more enemies are on screen. The framerate and input lag are abysmal, and there's no excuse for that. It really hampers ground combat and dodge/parry mechanics.

And stop posting those fucking videos, they aren't impressive in any sense of the word.
>>
>>332943362

Please don't compare this tech demo to something complete like KH. Let this game be it's own thing. If you don't enjoy the demo, fair enough. Stop comparing it to fully finished games. This demo wasn't even made my the main team.
>>
>>332943065
That first video makes it seem like a slightly sluggish DMC game rather than the sluggish DS game I originally thought it was.
>>
>>332939305
Nothing, get the shuriken and shield
>>
>>332943552
The point of a demo is to demonstrate the game, that's where the word demo comes from. This was a poor demonstration of gameplay. If the game fixes the issues, then it might be fun. Based on what we've seen, the gameplay sucks.
>>
>>332943362
>>332943552
Kingdom Heart's combat system has evolved through a crapload of sequels. The first game was on a similar level to the demo.

Hopefully they take a few notes from the KH's team and engine design. This game would be awesome with better timing and more fluid combat.
>>
>>332939305
>ENIX Final Fantasy
>doing it right
Need another decade of games to learn?
>>
>>332943637

The main point of this demo was to be a tech demo showing off weather effects, magic, environments and the new aerial combat. The Giant is essentially a target dummy because of this.

They should've had a tutorial though, no idea why there wasn't one.

>the gameplay sucks

Cool opinion.
>>
>>332943845
The first game's combat was still much more enjoyable. You know that the better bosses in KH1 - you won't see anything that good in FFXV.
>>
>>332943362
>impressive

this nigga again

You were told before it's just to show people what you can do. The whole point of the demo was to showcase the aerial combat. Stop being offended it isn't a DMC clone you tool.
>>
>>332939305

I played some of the Plat demo. Controls were slow and the roll was really awkward. They should check in with From Soft about rolling.
>>
Roen, the official clothing designer for Final Fantasy XV and the shit Tetsuya Nomura wears every day because he is a fucking child is selling everything the main characters wear in-game.

The Noctis Military Blouson Z is 162,000 yen (US$1,442). Noctis cropped pants are 91,800 yen ($817). The Noctis sheepskin gloves are 21,600 yen ($192), while socks are 3,240 yen ($28.86)

Promptoā€™s clothesappear to be even more expensive. His leather vest alone is 237,600 yen ($2,117)! His pants are another 91,800 yen ($818).

https://roen-ff15.com/en/html/
>>
>>332940142
Wrong and only in the demo which had kid Noctis, that's not going to be in the full game

It's more responsive than any monhun game yet you faggots gush over that
>>
>>332944235
Additional photos of /v/'s future day-to-day clothing choices.
>>
>>332943362

crying in one thread wasn't enough for you?
>>
>>332943845
>This game would be awesome with better timing and more fluid combat.
>This game would be good with good combat
Yes, that's what I said.

>>332943940
>Cool opinion.
That's what happens when you actually play video games, you have standards and taste.

>>332944084
>You were told before it's just to show people what you can do.
Yes, the entire point is to try to impress people with the combos available and make the gameplay look more intricate and in depth than it is. Hence the comment "those videos aren't impressive". Some idiot shills them in every thread as if they magically dispel any criticisms of the game's combat. They do not.
>>
>circle is attack, square is dodge
WEW

What the fuck is with this opposite day faggotry in Japanese games? I thought we were past this fucking shit. At least they didn't fuck up the jump button.
>>
>>332944335
>Anyone who talks about the game with anything other than blind praise is just one guy shitposting
Why haven't you killed yourself yet? Serious question.
>>
>>332944339
>you have standards and taste.

oh yeah you're so contrarian man

posting the exact same shit in every thread instead of playing better games you cry about tech demos nonstop
>>
>>332943060
There's an egg in his burger too
>>
>>332944235
That's a lot of money just to look like a faggot.
>>
>>332944339
>the entire point is to try to impress people

No it's not. There's nothing impressive about it. It's simply to show people it's there. Take your bruised ego elsewhere.
>>
>>332944386
A circle is considered a positive. An X, a negative.

We, the west, on the other hand attached to the colors instead of symbols. Circle is red, so we see it as a negative, and X that is blue, as a positive.
>>
>>332939305
This thread actually. Game is shaping up to be the GOTY 2016. Don't believe me?
Borrow a PS4 from a friend and download the latest Platinum Demo. Then see for yourself.
>>
>>332944489
Run along now, adults are trying to talk.
>>
File: vsXIII.png (3 MB, 2000x1222) Image search: [Google]
vsXIII.png
3 MB, 2000x1222
What was wrong with Versus XIII?
>>
>>332943362
Oh it's this fag again
>>
>>332944442

But that's all you're doing. You're shitposting a tech demo, wondering why it doesn't play as well as a fully fleshed out game. You're a retarded shitposter from a thread that died a few minutes ago.
>>
>>332944647

Yeah I fucking through so you immature faggot.

>>332944672

It was nothing more than a mishmash of concepts with sequels in mind, but that changed when Nomura was told they higher ups didn't want sequels for it.
>>
>>332943060
I usually take out the onion if I don't feel like eating one
>>
>>332944548
You better not be implying that egg on burger isn't God-tier.

>>332944594
>There's nothing impressive about it. It's simply to show people it's there.
Do you want me to start linking you every thread where that fucking idiot (who's probably you) says "Yeah there are sick combos and great gameplay! Check these out!"

>Take your bruised ego elsewhere.
Aw, that's cute projecting. You're mad that we aren't impressed with your shitty gameplay clips.

>>332944717
>But that's all you're doing
>Talking about the technical aspects of a demo is shitposting
>"You're not supposed to judge the game based on the demo!"
Ok, I'm sure they'll overhaul everything before the final build.
>>
>>332942330
Cars have been in Final Fantasy since FF7 nigga.
>>
File: nani.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
nani.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>332943362
>DMC

Stopped reading. You posted this exact same post in the previous thread, god damn you are sad.
>>
>>332944869
>"Yeah there are sick combos and great gameplay! Check these out!"

>OH MY GOD STOP LIKING THIS. DMC IS MUCH BETTER WAHHHHHHHHH

That's what you did for an entire thread.
>>
>>332939305
Nothing so far. I enjoyed Episode Duscae and I enjoyed what little there was in the Platinum Demo. I just wish we got to try the final combat system with a full party.

Everybody's bitching about the framerate but I only had an issue when it was raining and at night. The rest of the time it was hovering around 30. Not ideal but it didn't hinder gameplay at all. The combat is far more forgiving that something like Ninja Gaiden or even DMC so it's perfectly manageable even with the drops. I'd still rather sacrifice some graphical fidelity for a better framerate, but as it is it works well enough.
>>
File: daweed.png (103 KB, 354x418) Image search: [Google]
daweed.png
103 KB, 354x418
>>332944869
>we

Plenty of people were enjoying the webms until you came in screaming how it isn't a DMC clone so it sucks.
>>
>>332943845
>first game was on a similar level to the demo

Excuse me?

The first game you pressed attack and that was it. You also selected one of a handful of spells from a menu (which you couldn't combo at all) or one of the special moves from the menu.
>>
>>332944672
Stella was changed to Luna, they only changed Regis's face, iedolas is still in the game identical to that image, Noctis still has his suit, and he's had his current outfit since 2010 when it was stil Versus, Nomura is the one who was behind those changes
>>
>>332944983
>Someone used the same (correct) logic to tell that one guy shilling his shit videos to fuck off
>No one can actually respond with anything other than "lower your standards, it's just a demo!"
It's ok, enjoy your shit taste.

>>332945072
>That's what you did for an entire thread.
>It's only one person
Oh you poor, deluded retard.

Care to respond to what I said instead of just complaining that I was mean to you? Of course not, you're a shit eating retard who can't make a point.
>>
File: uhh.png (173 KB, 349x446) Image search: [Google]
uhh.png
173 KB, 349x446
>>332945261
>Someone used the same (correct) logic

>It totally wasn't be you guys, I'm totally not patting myself on the back right now
>>
>>332945161
>Plenty of people were enjoying the webms
Speak for yourself. After actually playing the demo and knowing how that shit works, it's extremely dull. You can fuck right off with your cinematic bullshit.

>>332945214
>The first game you pressed attack and that was it.
Yes, and that's better than pressing attack and waiting for a few seconds till Noctis decides if he wants to move or not.
>>
>>332944869
It's already proven you never played it so stop posting
>>
>>332945261
>Care to respond to what I said

What did you say. That it's not impressive to you so nobody else should be impressed?

Get the fuck over yourself.

>>332945360
>Speak for yourself. After actually playing the demo and knowing how that shit works, it's extremely dull. You can fuck right off with your cinematic bullshit.

Why are you even in this thread outside of shitposting?
>>
>>332943060
Only pickles,fuck that crunchy shit
>>
File: Emotion.jpg (15 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
Emotion.jpg
15 KB, 300x350
>>332945093
>I only had an issue when it was raining and at night

So the only times where the overworld might actually be interesting?

>it's perfectly manageable even with the drops

Dude this game has hundreds of millions behind it. It's unacceptable for such mediocre gameplay and drops at all. I'm not even FPS police, I don't even have a fucking gaming PC, but fuck me if these games with $100,000,000 development budget and $200,000,000 marketing budget don't even run smoothly or have a competent development team.

And this shit will sell unbelievably, just like TW3. This is the fucking market now, and it's a fucking disgrace.

On a semi-related note, this shit launches in 5 months. The marketing is at full capacity, and the dev team is all but finished. Platinum is literally the final product, and it's a complete fucking mess.
>>
>>332945261
DMC-kun just go.
>>
>>332945321
Still waiting on an actual response to the criticisms of the gameplay instead of "Stop having standards. It's a demo. They can still fix it."

What's that? Nothing to actually defend the gameplay? Didn't fucking think so.
>>
>>332939305
Went from MUH DARK AND EDGY "realistic" fantasy to generic adventure story #29389248329846716284
>>
>>332943060
Depends on where I got the burger from. If it's shit fastfood then yeah, their veggies are garbage. If it's from a good restaurant though fuck no, fresh lettuce and tomato are great. I may ask them to hold the onions though.
>>
>>332944564
Nomura doesn't cheap out
>>
>>332945364
>It's already proven you never played it
Swing and a miss
>>
>>332943362

What is it with the constand DMC comparisons? A designated action game like DMC will always have better combat then an RPG because combat is basically its sole focus.

An Open World RPG on the other hand has a lot of different mechanics that need to be designed and the combat needs to accomodate its RPG elements which is why it'll never be as polished and as skill based as something like DMC.

As long as it's better than Elder Scrolls and not significantly worse than something like Witcher 3 I'm fine with it.
>>
>>332945463

What criticisms? All you've been doing is comparing this to KH and DMC and whinging that it doesn't emulate them.
>>
>>332945360
So you didn't play it at all.

I bet you think kid Noctis section is how adult Noctis plays
>>
stop feeding the DMC troll you idiots
>>
>>332945446
This was a tech demo, not a part of the actual game
>>
>>332940850
Looks like a Souls game
>>
>>332940307
>Like blocking with the shield is instant, no delay.
Except when it doesn't work half the time.
Cancelling is inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>332945551
Compare it to Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma or Kingdom Hearts. The combat still falls short.

>>332945563
>What criticisms?
Simplistic combos without enough variability. Horrible input lag and frame dips that ruin timing and precision. Go ahead, refute them.
>>
>>332944331
>>332944235
Damn those clothes look faggy. If I looked like an effeminate shota I'd probably actually buy them.
>>
>>332945463
So you never played it, don't know anything about the shield or shuriken, and don't realise that this is a tech demo and not a section or even a part of the actual game
>>
>>332945671

This.

Wasn't even made by the same team. It was made by the business division.

>Except when it doesn't work half the time.

Never experienced this. Not once. Been able to stun the Iron Giant several times in a row while practicing. Maybe you're not timing it right.
>>
>>332945549
Everything you've said only backs it up
>>
>>332945904
4chan was never alive to begin with. It's always been a shuffling, frankenstinian monstrosity.
>>
>>332945804
Nope and again this is a tech demo
>>
>>332945804

Well, I'd call Dark Souls less of an RPG and more of an action game with some prominent RPG elements, I haven't played Kingdom Hearts and I will concede that DragDog had exceptionally good combat for an RPG. But as the word "exceptional" implies, I am aware that most other games probably wont live up to it. Didn't one of the people behind DMC actually work on it?
>>
>>332945804

Well for a start complaining about variability on a tech demo is pretty stupid. The fact you keep comparing this tiny demo to games like Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma or Kingdom Hearts is extremely retarded. Completely retarded. Let this game be it's on thing when it comes out. You don't like the combat, that's fine. Don't play it. Just don't go comparing a demo that doesn't even have the full combat to complete games.

Input lag and performance is an issue, everyone will agree on this so there's nothing to refute.
>>
>>332945904
We chased the retards out and made the site better.
>>
>>332945819
>So you never played it,
If you promise to kill yourself on camera, I'll take a picture of the game clock right now and post it.

>don't know anything about the shield or shuriken,
Shield mechanic is good in theory, but the lag and shitty controls make it suck. It's great that I can block and parry, but when I throw a large swing with my greatsword and the enemy looks like he's going to hit me first, I want to switch to the shield and then move cancel to block. I want precise, responsive controls, and this game does not have them. The shuriken deals very little damage and does nothing outside of look flashy. The "air combos" boil down to throwing a few in the air, then tapping left or right with circle to roll and then reset the same thing. The damage/MP cost-benefit makes it pointless, and the combo itself isn't fun or technically impressive. It's style over substance.

>and don't realise that this is a tech demo and not a section or even a part of the actual game
Then why include the combat at all? Why not just make it the kid section to show how pretty it looks and how environments and weather are? They added combat, and the combat sucked.

>>332945936
Nope.

>>332946037
>this is a tech demo
Yes, it's demoing the tech, and the tech sucks.
>>
>>332945446
I agree that framerate should be better. But it's hardly game-ruining. Stop being so melodramatic.

>So the only times where the overworld might actually be interesting?
You only find dark and rainy environments interesting? Or are you just shitposting for the sake of it?

>Platinum is literally the final product, and it's a complete fucking mess.
How is it a mess? Outside of the minor framerate issues it's fine.
>>
>>332946039
Also, it probably deserves to be pointed out that when it initially released on PS3 Dragons Dogma had very severe framerate issues aswell.
>>
>>332945804
>Compare it to Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma or Kingdom Hearts

For what purpose? It's absolutely pointless. When the full game comes out, go ahead.
>>
>>332946260
>and the tech sucks

Cool story. Don't play it then. I don't understand why you're being such a baby.
>>
>>332946039
>I haven't played Kingdom Hearts
The combat is simplistic, but it works. Attacks, rolls and blocks all come out quick. You get a basic air launch and air linker, and you can customize combo finishers. There's nothing crazy like delayed inputs to change combos or intricate parries with grapple finishers, but the basic block and counter system works, and it always works silky smooth. It's made by the same company, so there's no reason to expect the combat to be less responsive.

>>332946364
>For what purpose?
I compare it to the combat mechanics in KH because it's made by the same company.
>>
>>332945804

>the incomplete combat in this demo falls short of these fully fleshed out games

REALLY?
>>
>>332946483
>I don't understand why you're being such a baby.
People come to /v/ to discuss video games. Someone is discussing the tech in a tech demo for a game that people have waiting a decade for. You're an assblasted faggot who thinks that people can't criticize the game.

Fuck off back to whichever hugbox you came from.
>>
>>332946535

If they just made it exactly like KH, they might as well make it a KH game.
>>
>>332946609
see
>>332946535
It's not just about equipment, fancy moves and combo finishers, the problem is the fundamentals. If I'm playing a demo, I don't expect all the features unlocked from the get go, but I do expect the fundamentals of the gameplay to be properly represented in the game.

>>332946719
>If they just made it exactly like KH
It doesn't have to be exactly like KH, it should just be responsive and fluid like KH.
>>
>>332946673
>the game.

You mean the demo. You keep behaving like this is the full game. I'm not ass-blasted at all. I couldn't care less that you don't like it. I'm just confused as to why you insist on comparing it to other games that are 100% finished products.
>>
>>332944672
Not existing, firstly.
>>
>>332946863
Do you honestly and truly believe that they will radically overhaul the game mechanics to the point that it will be smooth and responsive when it launches 5 months from now?

Be honest.
>>
>>332946858
>responsive and fluid

It is though. I've had zero problems air dodging Iron Giant several times in a row, or any trouble parrying him. I think what you meant to complain about was the framerate which effects responsiveness.
>>
>>332946983
6 months, and yes. I don't see why not. It's already responsive. They just need to fix the framerate.
>>
>>332941291
>Fun
Really? Holding down a single button is fun for you?
Holy shit.
>>
>>332947159

>holding down a button to airdash during combos

wew lad

fuck off
>>
The combat wasn't very fun. Especially the use of magic. I hope the final game has more weapon types and can deliver on the open world part since some of the areas in the trailer looked really great.
>>
>>332947036
>It is though.
It's not. There's input lag and (as you've mentioned) massive framerate issues. The controls themself are not responsive enough. Try using the greatsword and then switching to shield mid-attack to parry a few times.

>>332947129
>6 months
It's on shelves in less than 6 months, they don't have 6 to work on it.

>and yes
I envy your optimism.

>It's already responsive. They just need to fix the framerate.
No it's not. The input delay is horrible.
>>
>>332939305
Nothing really major, both demos have been pretty enjoyable in their own ways. There are a few flaws here and there in both, but otherwise they've convinced me the game might be worth checking at some time after release.
>>
>>332946983

Yes. This demo was made by the business division that had nothing to do with the main team. They can't optimize for shit because ED is responsive doesn't fucking chug this badly with 20 enemies on the screen.
>>
>>332944831
>It was nothing more than a mishmash of concepts
Yeah, thank god we got this coming of age neogoth pseudo-opera "press A to win" cutscene-based combat ColemanĀ© sponsored thing instead.

Faggot.
>>
>>332947357

I think that has more with the greatsword being slow and clunky, not the controls.
>>
The demo isn't working for me. I'm just getting a black screen.
>>
>>332947250
>One of those things requires an extra button press.
>wew lad meme
>fuck off

Calm down dude, you're shilling too hard.
>>
>>332947445

What is your malfunction?
>>
>>332943060
Fuck no, I eat the burger as it was served.

Completely defeats the purpose if you take out things of the fucking burger YOU ordered.

Go fucking buy another burger if you don't like the current ingredients included in the one you ordered.
>>
>>332947539
The weapons being clunky is a control problem. I'm not talking about the actual animation, I'm talking about how the character responds when I try to cancel/switch.
>>
>>332947581
Gotta turn on the console.
>>
>>332943845
no it fucking wasn't. You take that shit back right now, I played KH1.5 last year and it was way more responsive than this shitpile of a demo
>>
>>332947586

>shilling a free demo

fucking kill yourself
>>
>>332947734
Having a single weapon that locks into a long animation in return for big damage is not "clunky".
>>
>>332947686
>What is your malfunction.
Wrong website shill.
>>
>"you can't expect an open world rpg to have as good combat as a real action game"
>>
>>332947390
>ED is responsive doesn't fucking chug this badly with 20 enemies on the screen

This could also be because the demo used an older build of Luminous, and this new demo uses Luminous 2 which is a CPU killer.

They should just go back to the original Luminous. There' no way they'll keep a constant 30 fps with this engine.
>>
>>332943060
I just order it plain. no nasty cheese, veggies, or condiments.
>>
I didn't play Duscae, but I really liked the Platinum demo. The babby Noctis parts were cute but simple, but the adult Noctis fight felt really good. The one against the level 15 one, not the initial mandatory fight.
From what I played, you can't just hold dodge. When you hold, there's a brief period where Noctis flashes blue, and an attack has to land in that window to be dodged. Then on top of that, not all attacks can be dodged.
And from even the babbyNoc part, I can see where switching weapons is going to offer a lot of options in combat, despite only one attack button. I was starting with the hammer to stun, switching to sword, and switching again if necessary to keep the enemies on the ground.

I'll agree the bulk of the demo was simplistic, but it certainly showed glimpses of things to come. Even after the event I was skeptical, and I haven't been following this actively or anything, but the demo has me considering getting it on release. I don't fully understand the response, here.
>>
>>332939305
Pretty sure the game haven't been released yet? Or do you have a leak? Link please Fucking idiot
>>
>>332943060
I have a huge faggot of a friend who refuses to eat lettuce and tomatoes in his burger.
>>
>>332947860
It's just one example that's easy to point out.

Spend time playing with dodge roll after attacks, and spend time fooling around with regular sword swings to see what the startup time for attacks is. The controls are very clunky and unresponsive. Yes, I can parry with the shield and punish as well, but try switching actions mid combo to get a feel for how the controls are "under pressure" and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>332948007

DD's combat is mediocre. The only reason is gets so much recognition is the climbing mechanic.
>>
>>332948186
It's ten times more responsive than FFXV
>>
>>332948264

>more responsive than a demo

Wow impressive. I love that the console versions had the same framerate problems as the demo.
>>
File: drink.jpg (48 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
drink.jpg
48 KB, 344x345
Give an ignorant a short summery about final fantasy, please.
Why the fuck are there so many games? Are they all different stories or are there some continuation?

Never cared or played any of the games but XV combat looks sick.
>>
>>332946858
It is, get the shield, get the shuriken, use airstep and broadsword actions properly
>>
>>332943065
>Final Fantasy vx combat footage with edgy music

kek
>>
>>332948130
this

It's like you are always wresting with Noctis about what to do. You do some inputs during a combo, and he starts something you didn't want him to do because god knows why, then you quickly try to cancel out of that in any way, which has Noctis stop that thing he was doing with a slow as FUCK stopping animation . . . then it's already too late to do anything other than auto-dodge, because the enemy is already swinging at you at this point in time
>>
>>332948435
>get the shield, get the shuriken
Kill yourself. Please just fucking kill yourself.
>>
Hopefully the full gameplay demo with the whole crew they release in the future won't be as clunky and have decent fps.
>>
>>332948398
each and every one a completely different story set in different universes

there are things that appear consistently across all/many of them, Cid or Summons for example

you should play a few of them
>>
>>332948398
Every game is its own thing - universe, characters, stories etc
Overall elements carry over between games (Chocobos, skill names and other stuff), but you can essentially jump in anywhere and play any of them in any order you want. The gameplay changes depending on the game, although some of them are simmilar to each other.

XV looks sick yeah, but it feels absolutely horrible to play once you get your hands on the controller. Give the demo a shot yourself if you have a bone or a psquadrupple
>>
>>332948398
There's no continuation at all between numbered entries, they take place in entirely different settings. The series has changed a lot over time with numbers 1-6 being classic 2D JRPGs, and 7-10 being 3D cinematic JRPGs that still use the menu-based battle system. The series has had a troubled history since then (10 came out in 2001) with 11 and 14 being MMOs, and 12 and 13 having a mixed reception (though I love XII).

You can jump right into XV with no knowledge of the previous games and be fine.
>>
>>332948547
So you didn't get them
>>
>>332948782

We've already bee through this. The only responsive thing is blocking with the shield. Everything else is still clunky.
>>
>>332944324
Monster Hunter doesn't try to be a fast paced flashy shonen anime game.
>>
>>332948782
see
>>332948130
All the Shurikens do is let you throw a couple, side-step and then repeat. I already talked about the shield.

Kill yourself. Please just do it.
>>
>>332948850
No it isn't, its like you don't even know that different weapons have different weight and ranks which relates to their swings
>>
>>332948398
Some guy from 9fag said that FF1s ended with a something about time and dimension shit that lead to the creation of the multiverses we've seen today. Dissidia is FF1
>>
>>332949087
The time it takes the animation of an attack to go through is not what makes it clunky, the startup time (lag) and unresponsiveness of giving him the action, and the ability to input different actions to cancel or follow it up is what makes it clunky.
>>
>>332949087

lol fuck off the combat was nowhere near this unresponsive in ED
>>
>>332949206
I think he's talking about the PSP anniversary edition. That one has time traveling and Cid of Luthenia (or something) and talks about the eternal dragon of time and stuff.
>>
>>332943845
KH1.5 was far, far better than the demo, even before you got any upgrades.
>>
>>332949023
Wrong, shuriken gives you fast responsive aerial and ground throw attacks with various action, airstep sword gives you fast weapon strikes both on ground and air with various actions like backflip, sidestep, lunge, broadsword gives you heavy deliberately slower swings for stronger hits, side sweeps, spins and charges

You probably just watched a video on youtube and pretend you played it but you are full of shit
>>
>>332949460
>shuriken gives you fast responsive aerial and ground throw attacks with various action
Fucking wrong.

Try again after you've actually gotten them and played the game.
>>
>>332949320
I see. Never played FF but played FF2. Man, hitting your party members for stat gains is funny as hell.
>>
>>332949237
Fuck off retard get the fucking shield and shuriken, the airstep sword and broadsword area also both more responsive than zweihander and Bloodsword/avenger were

>>332949217
But that's wrong because it's not clunky at all, it's already much faster and responsive than ED
>>
>>332949657
The game is ok, but the optional dungeons and extended lore at the end of the game in the PSP version are really fucking cool.
>>
File: 1452128202186.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1452128202186.gif
2 MB, 288x288
Okay I'm genuinly worried about this game after playing that demo.

I have been fooling around with AI programming for a while, and that shit takes a shit ton of performance power to be calculated in the background at all times.
So what I mean to say is, consider this demo. You are fighting 1 single enemy, not 4 enemies - and furthermore, you aren't running around with your AI companions which all have co-op subroutines they need to be ready for while they fight . . .

so how on earth is this game going to run any better in the full version?
>larger areas
>more shit going on in the AI
>more particle effects
>a fucking flying car

it was way too early to release that demo
>>
File: Natsuki.png (54 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
Natsuki.png
54 KB, 311x311
>>332949757
>But that's wrong because it's not clunky at all, it's already much faster and responsive than ED
>>
>>332949357
Hope you are kidding, because start game KH1 is way more slow, clunky and floaty than either XV demo was
>>
>>332949757
>get the fucking shield and shuriken

you keep saying this like it means something

This game's input delay is off the charts, and instantly makes ED better.
>>
>>332948535
I am going to blow your mind right now. Try switching to magic and warping without a lock on. Imediate cancel into a "roll" with all the invencibility frames. You are welcome.
>>
>>332949584
Except they do, good job proving you never played it
>>
>>332949845

The demo was meant to showcase the weather and night/day cycle more than anything.

I just don't think they should try forcing Luminous on consoles.
>>
>>332949757
The mechanics are design wise much better than Episode Duscae and I am happy for them, but it is still clunky and unresponsive. The framerate sucks too, but I thiiiiiiink they can fix that in time
>>
Fuck off Serj
>>
File: Untitled.png (655 KB, 898x482) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
655 KB, 898x482
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>332949845
Episode Duscae ran about the same as Platinum does.
>>
>>332950104

reminds me of the epoch from CT
>>
>>332949845
This. This is why the game actually runs terribly and looks horrible for a AAA title. There's just so much shit going on. They need to cut a lot on the LOD and shit. Adding salt to injury, those needless hair animation and detailed clothes aren't even necessary.
>>
>>332949996
>Except they do,
Except they fucking don't. You said the shuriken grants various actions. What various actions? Can I throw multiple shuriken at a time? Can I charge up a multihit or a big one? Can I change the arcs and curves of flight paths? Can I change speed? Can I set traps with them? Can I ricochet them?

What various actions? You made a claim, now prove it or fuck off.
>>
>>332949925
No it isn't and you've clearly not played it
>>
File: cat pls.jpg (55 KB, 342x316) Image search: [Google]
cat pls.jpg
55 KB, 342x316
>>332950104

>complain about no airships
>get airship
>complain there aren't more
>>
>>332949890
KH1 has a stable framerate and doesn't have horrible input lag.
>>
>>332950104
Why is this a problem?
>>
File: Untitled.png (599 KB, 2004x664) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
599 KB, 2004x664
>>332948374
>Try to sell its positive points.
>Its gonna be so great because its going to be great.
>Trying to defend its negative points.
>B-b-ut its just a demo.

Do you ever get tired of your hipocrisy? You may be paid for it, but at the end of the day you're still a contrarian cunt.

>>332947776
Jesus, this shill is on overdrive.
>>
>>332950104
What? They turn it into an airship, what's the problem?
>>
>>332950171

Fuck no. Episode Discae performed much better ,even with 20 enemies on the screen around trees.

PD fucking struggled with just Chibi Noct in the forest at the start.
>>
>>332950104
>Player controlled aircraft
I thought final fantasy was about swords and magic and wizards and shit, not sports cars and flying automobiles
I've never played an ff game btw
>>
>>332950104
Okay?
>>
>>332950303
>>332950390
>Put wings on a car
>its an aurship.

You can't be this fucking retarded.
>>
>>332950104
I'm scared enough about how the game performs in the air with a single airship, so I wouldn't dare hope for more than one
>>
>>332950104
Fuck you can actually pilot that shit? I though it was going to be a menu based system where you point your destination and the aircar flies to bring you there.
>>
>>332950376

>this butthurt than dragon's dogma is shit

lmao
>>
>>332950206
Different directional actions you stupud cunt, holy fuck it cannot be more obvious that you haven't played it
>>
File: highwind.jpg (99 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
highwind.jpg
99 KB, 1536x1024
>>332950303
>>332950375
>>332950390
THAT'S NOT A GODDAMN AIRSHIP

IT'S A FLYING CAR

THIS

THIS

IS A MOTHER FUCKING AIRSHIP

JESUS H. CHRIST TWO THOUSAND AND FUCKING SIXTEEN
>>
Downloaded the demo

Finished it in 30 minutes more or less

It fucking suck ass man

I mean, fucking controllers felt unresponsive, the enemies were dumb as fuck, etc

And i was so fucking hyped for it...
>>
>>332950459
Almost every FF has controllable airships. Only they've shelled and simplified the thing after FFIX. By making it a menu based system.
>>
>>332950480

Did you want a massive flying boat that takes up 95% of the screen or something you moron?

>>332950524

nah this and a boat will be player controlled
>>
>>332950574
>Different directional actions
Yes, and what are the end results? How are they functionally different outside of the air sidestep I mentioned.

Show the "various" actions you claimed or fuck off, you stupid fucking shill.
>>
>>332950480
Yes they turn the car into an airship by modifying it with magitek technology, what's the problem?
>>
File: 1361421541231.png (3 KB, 321x266) Image search: [Google]
1361421541231.png
3 KB, 321x266
>>332950420
>PD fucking struggled with just Chibi Noct in the forest at the start.

Nigga come on. Your hyperbole is off the charts.

Go back and play both right now. The run about the same. The worst I could get PD was using Meteorain in the area with the big under-contruction-whale thing.
>>
>>332950534
DD:DA has some stuff going against it here and there, especially its performance on consoles, but jesus christ I ended up enjoying that thing so much on my PS3 nonetheless. I'm considering upgrading my PC so I can run the PC version and have more fun with that combat system with another class this time
>>
>>332950638

cool story bro
>>
>>332950534
Wow, ok, now you really have to be a paid advertiser. Because I literally did not mention dragon's dogma even once, you're deflecting too fucking hard man. You really need to fuck of to redit because they'll buy your shit.
>>
How in the flying fuck can they expect to sell 10 million anyway
>>
>>332950621
Who gives a fuck you can still fly it
>>
>>332950621
It's a car modified into an airship you autist
>>
>>332950621

please

the game fucking chugs enough with one person on the fucking screen

something that big being controlled by the player would crash the game
>>
>>332950725
>Yes they turn the car into an airship
No, they added wings onto a car. That's not an airship you inbred little shit, I don't even give a fuck about your product placement game or your shill filled thread, but That is as much of an airship as a kanoe is an airplane carrier.
>>
>>332942951
When I played the demo, I kept saying
>This is a better Kingdom Hearts than Kingdom Hearts
It was really weird. But I'm looking forward to this game. Could be fun.
>>
>>332950104
>>332950480
>>332950621

This is grade-A autism
>>
>>332950918
I guess Square should have called you first to find out what an airship is.
>>
>>332950924
>This is a better Kingdom Hearts than Kingdom Hearts
Most factually incorrect post in the thread.
>>
>>332939305
How do you make noctis do a backflip? Is that just a perfect dodge?
>>
>>332950723
DMC-kun its okay that you never played it but you need to stop claiming like you know everything about action games or action RPGs when you've only proven you are casual as fuck and don't actually play games either

Get the shuriken, do different directions while attacking for different actions, same as every weapon has different actions from directional inputs
>>
>>332950749
>Go back and play both right now.

I have, and I'm telling you the performance in the forest as young Noctis is an absolute joke, and fighting 50 niggers in ED still doesn't choke that game as much.

Luminous 2 is just a CPU killer.
>>
>>332950885
>10 years in the making.
>It can't handle rendering an airship.

B-buy Final Fantasy Brought to you by ColemanĀ©

>>332951007
Or just looked at literally 20 fucking final fantasy games up to now. But sure I'll have them call me, let them know, since they're signing your checks.
>>
File: 1459262667762.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459262667762.gif
1 MB, 640x360
I kinda wish his jump didn't completely destroy any momentum he had going on. It is the first game I have ever played where I don't want to jump around all the time.
>>
>>332950918
It's a car modified with magitek to become an airship
>>
>>332950918

You are fucking autistic.
>>
>>332951142
You were able to play both in the 6 minutes between my post and yours?

Goddamn anon. That's fast.

I'm implying you're remembering things wrong you stupid motherfucker.
>>
>>332951007
Wait... so you're genuinely calling it an airship?

I'd insult you but, I'm pretty sure your whole life is an insult anyway.
>>
Tell me, does this game have quick travel?
>>
>>332951119
>DMC-kun
Nice try with a nickname. Now actually respond to the argument. You claimed various actions, I asked what kind. Now stop talking in circles and actually list the various actions. Right now, list them.

I know you're still assblasted that you earned the nickname FFXV-kun, but deflecting won't work. Address the actual point or fuck off.
>>
>>332951162

>wahh why isn't it exactly like these other games

fuck off retard
>>
>>332951249
Yes! I'm so Hype, I can't wait to pre-order Final Fantasy XV.

This is an incredible game made by SquarEnix. Its so innovative and engaging. I have already pre-ordered my copy. How about you?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.