[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you still mad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
Are you still mad?
>>
the yellow one is the only one that remotely looks "cool"

fuck
>>
>>332938252

If I hadn't lost all hope and interest in Metroid more than a decade ago I might be.
>>
>>332938252
>we want the Fisher Price audience
>>
>>332938252
Never mad, but always disappointed/confused.

>inb4 "you only dislike it because it has the Metroid name and it's not what you expected!"

Even if this had nothing to do with Metroid, it'd still be ugly-looking shovelware. I mean, it looks like a DS game, it has none of the detail or polish you'd expect to see from a first party Nintendo title. Plus we're already drowning in competent multiplayer shooters on systems that better fit such a gameplay style, and there was nothing about Prime's shootan that would suggest it deserves a multiplayer-centric focus anyway since the strength of the Prime series was its exploration elements.

It's just a completely bizarre development choice, and it's almost guaranteed to be a critical and commercial bomb.
>>
>>332938252
Not mad but disappointed yes
>>
>>332938252
Probably the only time a mech hasn't made me interested in a game.
>>
The people who are 'mad' are simply not real Metroid fans.

These are the people who were mad at Fusion being much more linear than Super and Prime for being a first person adventure game.
>>
File: OP.png (211 KB, 851x475) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
211 KB, 851x475
I was never mad. As other said, I'm kinda disappointed, but I'm willing to give it a shot, considering Tri-Force Heroes was so enjoyable.
>>
>>332938576
People keep saying this. "Oh, it doesn't look like it plays well, it looks like shovelware, it doesn't seem like a Nintendo game..."

BULLSHIT. We've seen too much of that game at this point to criticize it that way. The game looks like it plays great.
>>
File: 1445049764494.png (256 KB, 437x391) Image search: [Google]
1445049764494.png
256 KB, 437x391
>>332938252
I like multiplayer.
I like Prime.
Sounds like a deal to me. I just need to convince my friends to get it, too.
>>
>>332938252
Nah, I'll buy it and shitpost about it and how bad modern nintendo is
>>
>>332939097
>The game looks like it plays great.
The gameplay looks like you're playing underwater, like you're playing the sunken ship in Prime before you get the gravity suit. It looks like it's gonna play like kiddie shit, which it is.

People aren't just mad cause it's not a classic Metroid, people are mad because the game looks plain bad.
>>
The only thing that kind of gets to me is, why put chibi soldiers into mechs?

Why not just.... make them more normal-sized and wearing power armour? Like Samus? Because that's how it sort of looks from the box art.
>>
>>332939606
Because the big twist is that at the end of the game your soldier takes off his helmet and he is your Mii.
>>
I'm not mad nintendo can just suck my dick
>>
>>332938757
Metroid is an open-world 2D sidescrolling platformer. If you like anything labeled 'Metroid' that doesn't fit that description YOU are not a real Metroid fan.
>>
>>332939173
If you like Prime you shouldnt like this shit
>>
I know nothing about this game, but from the cover I'm guessing it's some gay coop social game with very little content and amiibo integration.
>>
>>332940392
ding ding ding
>>
Other M was something worth getting mad about, this just confuses me.
>>
I'll get it, it can be worse than Metroid.
>>
>>332938252
looks like Hunters to me, which I never cared for
>>
Of course I'm still mad. They had a whole fucking year to take some of the fanbase's concerns to heart and maybe change some stuff about the game. Absolutely not buying it.

I really want a fun co-op shooter to play on my 3DS or Wii U. But it would actually have to be a fully fledged and legtimate game. FF is babytown garbage on every fucking level. It's a shooter for people who don't like shooters and it's a metroid game for people who don't care about metroid.

>>332939418
This.
>>
>>332940481
At least Other M had Samus, an escape sequence, and a facility/planet exploding. That alone makes it more of a Metroid game than Federation Force.
>>
>>332938252
A bit
I really dislike how this game looks just overall
and It'll probably run like dick on old 3ds anyway
>>
>>332938252
I honestly wouldnt mind if Metroid got a new protagonist or something so we can get fresh powers or something and maybe a new Rep in Smash, but I'm just not a fan of Prime style gameplay and the art style theyre pushing for this game.

I'm all for stylisation but this blocky toy like chibi thing doesnt work for me.
>>
File: Lost_Reavers_logo.png (139 KB, 621x195) Image search: [Google]
Lost_Reavers_logo.png
139 KB, 621x195
>>332940879
>Fun co-op shooter on 3DS or Wii U

Open beta starts in 12 days.
>>
>>332941201
>F2P
Pretty sure it's going to be a piece of shit. Convince me.
>>
I don't like the artstyle and the gameplay seems a little slow and barebones, but I'd like to play a demo or something before I decide for sure.
>>
File: 1422214806729.gif (395 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422214806729.gif
395 KB, 500x500
>>332939804
The resulting butthurt would power all of the Earth's electricity needs for a decade.

But FF is going to be such a massive fuck up it'll fuck up that too.
>>
>>332938757
here's your reply
>>
>>332938252
Nah, looks like it'll be fun.
>>
>>332938757
>These are the people who were mad at Fusion being much more linear than Super and Prime for being a first person adventure game.

Fuck changing the formula in any way, they should just make Super Metroid over and over again.
>>
>>332938252
>amiibo
>Inb4 "Tap your Samus amiibo to unlock Samus in-game."
>>
>>332941334
Not gonna lie, the framerate is ass, and the graphics look like early 360 stuff. But it's the closest thing to Phantasy Star Online we'll get because fuck Sega.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT_2QuKVSks
>>
>>332941765
>"Tap your Samus amiibo to unlock Samus in-game."
Nah, that would be too much effort.
It will just make your mech orange or something.
>>
>>332941698
They literally should. SM is Metroid's LTTP and Zelda even has 'Prime' games but they still make 2D ones just as good or better.
>>
>>332938252
yes, very. Thanks for asking, anon.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.