[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone loves Resident Evil 6 now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 15
File: RE6_Next_Gen.jpg (350 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
RE6_Next_Gen.jpg
350 KB, 1280x1440
Never thought I'd see the day. Hated games are usually hated forever. That's why everyone still hates Code Veronica. And RE5. And GTA IV. And GTA V. And Twilight Princess. And Wind Waker. And Mario Bros 2.
>>
I still don't like it
>>
I never hated RE6.

It's just not what I actually wanted.
>>
>>332913196
>That's why everyone still hates Code Veronica. And RE5. And GTA IV. And GTA V. And Twilight Princess. And Wind Waker. And Mario Bros 2.
And MGS2. And MGS3. And MGS4. And MGS: Portable Ops. And Metal Gear Acid. And MGS V.
>>
>>332913285
>I never hated RE6.
Some people acted as though the game sodomised their dog and their sister while they were forced to watch. Phrases such as "It's dead to me now" were common.
>>
Why are you quoting bad games along Code Veronica?
>>
>>332913196
>And GTA IV.
Remember when people were really angry that GTA IV wasn't "fun" like previous entries and "took itself too seriously"?
>>
>>332913359
Well, yes. It's /v/. This happens with every game that comes out.
>>
>>332913196
i never hated the game myself.
it's just the people who hated it mostly stopped caring about it, and the people who like it still remain to talk about it occasionally, since it is itself a long-lasting game.
>>
>>332913432
I still am. Rockstar can't make GTA worth a shit anymore.
>>
>>332913196
Games are usually hated regardless of quality for the first two years of initial release.

Then nostalgia sets in so people love it completely after that period, and it's no longer fun to nit pick and hate it because it's no longer meme tastic.
>>
It's too long to the point of exhaustion. I'd rather have one RE4-RE5 length singleplayer
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a95wnUKAt4k

"Heat on Beat" was composed by Daniel Lindholm. RE6 had 8 or so different composers. And the soundtrack is 8 hours long, which makes it one of the longer videogame scores.
>>
>>332913196
My favorite people are the ones who call RE2, RE3 and Code Veronica "survival horrors"
>>
>>332913196
I didn't like RE6 at all at the time and I still didn't like it as of my replay last year, but Zelda cycle.
>>
>>332913593
>It's too long to the point of exhaustion. I'd rather have one RE4-RE5 length singleplayer
RE6 is only a few hours longer than RE4. RE games being long is a relatively recent thing. Early Resident evil games like RE1-3 were about 30-90 minutes long if you strip way the aimless wandering and "where do I go?" backtracking.
>>
RE6 has good gameplay. A lot of people realized this when they got to spend time with Mercs.

Everything that surrounds the gameplay is just terrible.
>>
Code Veronica was good,fuck you.
>>
File: 1458243237139.jpg (26 KB, 238x357) Image search: [Google]
1458243237139.jpg
26 KB, 238x357
>>332913306
>It liked Peace Walker
>>
>>332913536
5 was great
>>
>>332913536
Good thing Saints Row is a thing. Although it has been a bit stale. I wonder if they will make 5.
>>
>>332913602
I remember RE6 having a pretty generic soundtrack, with nothing really standing out (except this).
At least compared to RE4 and 5.
>>
>>332913807
Fuck off.
>>
>>332913196
Half of those games are good though.
>>
>>332913196
>everyone still hates Code Veronica
Its the real RE3.

No reason to hate it.

The "official" RE3 is just a cash grab.
>>
>>332913847
V is the only one in the series I liked and finished
>>
>>332913196

It is pretty bad anon. You'd have to have shit tier taste to defend it.
>>
>>332913847
Sorry for your shit opinion.
>>
>>332913807
Yeah it was great
Too bad GTA used to be amazing and Rockstar used to be a fantastic dev
Now we settle for a great game and a bunch of shit ones like GTA IV, MP3, LA Noire
Rockstar is Ubisoft and EA tier, and has been since 2008
>>
>>332913593
>>332913695
A typical RE6 playthrough, assuming you have some grasp of what you're doing, averages 22 hours.

The average The Evil Within playthrough, including Kidman's DLC, is also, coincidentally, 22 hours.
>>
>>332913798
>Not liking Peace Walker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKIRIeKADUI
>>
>>332913847
I dont think I'll ever understand this irrational hatred you SA fags have for 5, and previously 4, maybe get medical help soon or just quit gaming, you're not mentally fit to continue
>>332913930
Have they? I cant think of any game from them that hasn't at the very least been decent. And they made RDR and GTA5 in the last decade, 2 great games right there
>>
I remember enjoying RE5 when I played it. It was a completely competent game. Looking back though I can't really remember a single thing about it other than the boat boss.
>>
Great gameplay desu, wish games like Uncharted and any other generic TPS that may be coming in the future would have picked up on some of it.
>>
>>332913823
Apparantly the are working on a Saints Row 4, with new characters and whatnot.
>>
My first RE is Revelations on PC. Playing it now, I enjoy it
>>
>>332914225
Fucking derp. Saints Row 5 I meant.
>>
RE6's soundtrack has a very interesting sense of character. Each campaign has music that reflects the characters you're playing as.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9viRLIp67lk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEj8PjsFVl4

Same song, very different FEEL. Jake's version brings to mind the Wolf's Rain soundtrack with all the spanish guitar. He is, after all, kinda like a Wolf's Rain character.
>>
>>332913196
First 2 hours of the start of the game were great and had good atmosphere. Rest of the game was horseshit.
Dynamic camera is crap for horror. Static is where its at
>>
>>332914265
Get REmake, I think they ported it to PC/8th gen consoles, its really gud
>>
>>332913196
Holy shit, the framerate of the 360 version. How did people PLAY that shit?
>>
>>332914013
GTA IV was absolutely horrible, literally one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever played, it was so bad I couldn't even finish it
Max Payne 3 was really fucking bad, absolutely fucking boring and terrible
La Noire was decent at best and awful at worst with ridiculously braindead cases and stupid as fuck story
Especially the writing in Rockstar games is abhorrent
Really fucking painful, everything is overserious and with a strict no fun allowed policy
The graphics look grainy as fuck because they keep using that ugly as sin engine and the physics make the tps mechanics the most annoying enemy in their games
RDR was fun when you weren't in Mexico (40% of the time) and GTA V was fun when you were in Los Santos (a fraction of the map)
>>
>>
>>332914334
I'll look into it when I'm done. Only thing I dislike about Revelations is that it jumps around and gives way more ammo than what I need.
>>
I always loved 6. It was a far cry from re but still an intense and fun action game to play through with a friend. I can see diehard autists hating it because its not a clone of the originals, but with an open mind its objectively a fun and action packed coop experience. It reminds me of mario or sonic or final fantasy where only autistics shit on the 3D games and say the 2D/top down ones (the ones they played when they were kids) are the best. Its hard talking seriously with anyone about video games because their opinions are so fucking nostalgia and meme fueled, even when being reasonable theyll just go the total opposite way and just say its shit. Nostalgia fags and weeaboos, not even once
>>
>>332913306
No, everyone still hates Portable Ops.
>>
>>332914432
do they fucc?
>>
>>332914424
I liked all of those, RDR went to my 3x3 and GTA5 is my second favourite GTA after VCS

What can I say, I like fun
>>
>>332914457
Yeah do it, don't mind the fixed camera angles, its a great game and often regarded as best RE
>>
>>332914291
The first 2 hours are fucking awful, filled with forced walking segments, ripping control from the player and stumbling over corpses.

And don't even get me started on the instant kill ambulance that you have no idea it's coming or the subway trains that you can only sidestep with QTE's for some fucking reason instead of just standing to the side.
>>
>>332914494
To each their own I guess, I can respect other people's opinions
I still don't like those games
Rockstar needs a new engine that makes movement much more responsive and tight, and needs better writers
>>
>>332914265
I finished it up just the other day and it's okay considering it's ported from 3DS. The character designs are really out there though compared to the rest of the series.
>>
>>332913823
>Good thing Saints Row is a thing.
Are you dense? Did you play Gat out of hell?
>>
>>332913940
It's only fun in co-op.
>>
>>332913432
>Remember when people were really angry that GTA V wasn't "fun" like previous entries and "took itself too seriously"?
fixt
>>
>>332914589
>The first 2 hours are fucking awful, filled with forced walking segments, ripping control from the player and stumbling over corpses.
Actually, that stops after about 30 minutes. And I know this is a meme now, but the hallowed Mikami's The Evil Within did the EXACT SAME THING and his fans ate it up. Remember that scene where you run towards the fixed and moving camera while avoiding traps as ceiling spikes slam down behind you? That's the kind of stuff people crucified RE6 for, and TEW *mostly* gets a free pass for it. TEW even takes away player control to show you enemies doing things every five minutes. This is when it's not forcing you to walk slowly. There's more forced slow walking in a single chapter of TEW than the entirety of RE6.

>the subway trains that you can only sidestep with QTE's for some fucking reason
Those are a little complicated. The first train you encounter is a QTE dodge. Thanks to Auto Action Button (enabled by default in PS4/XBO version) you can no longer get hit by that train because your character will dodge it no matter what you press. The second train, the one that comes from behind, you dodge normally. There's no QTE. You just move out of the way.
>>
>>332914662
They'll never make their games perfect, just have to find the good parts I guess
>>
>>332914948
That doesn't make any sense, stupid. GTA IV is the game that had the "serious" plot and no fun allowed missions. GTA V was too little, too late in terms of mission variety.
>>
>>332913196
I always enjoyed it.
It's a side grade for the TPS gameplay in RE games and was worth seeing.

Dodging was satisfying as fuck.
I see the RE4 games onwards as some weird Time Crisis/House of the Dead TPS hybrid though.

>>332914424
This seems pretty harsh.
Max Payne 3 gameplay was great
I doubt GTAIV is literally one of the worst games you have ever played
Rockstar didn't even develop LA Noire
>>
>>332915057
5 had great mission variety when compared to old titles
>>
>>332915057
GTA V was boring as fuck which is why no one plays it anymore
>>
>>332914589
>And don't even get me started on the instant kill ambulance
I never got the hate for that ambulance. Classic horror games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill often had surprise deaths sprinkled through them. Paired with RE6's generous checkpoint system, it's not like the game is forcing you to replay a huge section or anything. There's something realistic and grounded about a vehicle crashing into a petrol station out of control. There's no QTE. If you're unfortunate enough to be in its path, it's just bad luck. Not like the game makes you stand in its path.
>>
>>332913930
>EA tier
I think some of you have forgotten how despicable that company is. Nobody is as bad as EA.
>>
>>332915097
>Rockstar didn't even develop LA Noire
An unfortunate Australian developer made that. Massive production. Huge bloat. It basically killed the AAA scene in Australia, which is a shame because the country has some really talented developers.
>>
>>332915148
I still mess around with mods, hella fun when cars have real stats.
>>
>>332915148
>GTA V was boring as fuck which is why no one plays it anymore
There are 48,000 people playing the PC version at this very moment.
>>
>>332915265
Yeah its a great game, probably at least another 50k playing it on PS4
>>
I'm playing through both RE6 and Revelations right now and I could easily say Revelations is worst modern RE game. Holy hell, this game is dull. I like that they tried to return to their roots with the setting and non-linearity, but the general gameplay and pacing is fucked. My guns feels as effective as tossing cotton balls.
>>
>>332913196
people like games
people dont like games

thats usually how it goes you tard. grow the fuck up
>>
File: 268050_20160329182557_1.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
268050_20160329182557_1.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
On a similar note to liking or hating things like Resident Evil, you guys like The Evil Within?
Personally I really enjoyed it. Felt great to play, some interesting mechanics, nice design of really tense scenarios, great ambient soundtrack, sound design, and I liked the over-the-top surreal stuff.
Though it seemed to me a lot of people didn't like it, but maybe that was just the aspect ratio and frame rate lock shit it had originally.
Also this area reminded me of REmake with how it looked...
>>
RE6 is complete shit
>>
>>332915459
I really like The Evil Within. I also like RE6. I see them as a sort of The Prestige/The Illusionist kinda thing. They're got quite a few design similarities, but that's a more involved discussion.

Anyway, you're right that TEW looks like REMake. The lead artist from REMake was the lead artist for TEW. Quite a few REMake people worked on TEW. It's a great game, and it runs fantastically on PC nowdays. Really good use of lighting and art design. And while I dislike some of its "gamier" elements like green gel and weapon upgrades and the boss battles, it's a great game that deserves a bigger audience than it got.
>>
didn't enjoy it and I quit after 5 or so hours

which is funny, because reading on /v/ about it, most people seemed to like the beginning act the most

I thought the stealth mechanics were absolutely terrible (along with the camera placed basically up to your asshole - I can't even dare to imagine how it was with the fps-lock or the retarded aspect-ratio black bar overlay. Because ''a thing is scary when the controls are utter shit and your sight is constantly obscured by the player-character"... Fucking mikami, you turned into a real piece of shit), but I couldn't wait long enough until the game gave me more ordnance to play with
>>
>>332914950
>Remember that scene where you run towards the fixed and moving camera while avoiding traps as ceiling spikes slam down behind you?
Yeah, I fucking hate that shit as well.
>>
>>332913807
It was pretty fucking awful as far as the story and characters go.
>>
File: bed.jpg (530 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bed.jpg
530 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>332915894
>I thought the stealth mechanics were absolutely terrible
There's stealth mechanics? I just ran up to everyone and decked them in the face.
>>
>>332913196
I only ever hated RE5. I thought 6 was a bit of a return to form.
>>
>>332915968
That's a big bed.
>>
>>332915459
That game felt weird, I really enjoyed my playthrough on the spot but the first thing I thought when finishing it was "Well, in fact it wasn't that great".

Also, I almost quit the first time you meet the guy with the chainsaw, didn't expect it to be by far the hardest part of the game
>>
>>332913607
Yeah, in 4 they stopped pretending.
>>
>>332913434
While this point is true, Resident Evil 6 ate metric shit tons of shit all over. I enjoyed it, and I'm going to enjoy it again. I don't listen to critics before I purchase games I have interest in. If I did, I would have missed this one entirely. Another reason a lot of people didn't like this game is the fact they didn't know how to leverage the mechanics of the game. They didn't get that you can beat the Ustanak up with hand to hand combat every time you face him with Jake, save for the dumpsters, and helicopter.
I liked certain scenarios more than others.
>>
>>332913196
I love GTA IV.
>>
RE2 > REmake > RE4 > The Evil Within > RE3 > RE:R > RE6 > RE:R2 > RE5
>>
I always kind of liked RE6. Somewhat. At the very least, sliding and rolling around was fun.

The reason it's now liked is probably because people are so panicked to justify owning the new consoles. It's playable on them, therefore it is awesome. The Neogaf-approved, new age mindset for video games.
>>
>>332914037
RE5 can be summed up as "all those moments you remember from RE4, but now with mounted turrets"
>>
>>332913930
Fuck you. Max Payne 3 is a really good game, and don't try to pull the horseshit that Sam Lake didn't like it either. Mother fucker really liked the game. Enough to have helped write the comic tying the old games to the new, and he has the collector's edition statue proudly displayed on his desk.
>>
>>332916313
>RE4 being above RE3
There's only one game that managed to beat the original 3 and that was REmake
>>
>>332915459
It had good parts and really bad parts.
I feel it suffers a lot from the fact that the trap mechanics are much more enjoyable on subsequent playthroughs than on the first run since you know everything that's going to happen.

Some of the best satisfaction comes from nailing 5 enemies with a well planted shockbolt and killing all of them with a single match.
>>
My only huge complaint with the game is all the cut scenes that take control away from the player BUT NONE OF THE FUCKING ENEMIES. So your camera zooms back and you're suddenly surrounded by five people who already have their guns up your asshole.
>>
>>332916451
3 was shit.
>>
File: 1301294089101.jpg (29 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1301294089101.jpg
29 KB, 420x420
>>332916451
>he liked RE3
>>
RE6 mercs was okay for a while with friends but the campaigns are so bad, I can't believe there exists RE6 apologists
>>
>>332913196
Resident Evil 5's coop is legitimately fun and I hate coop. The story on the other hand is awful but the amount of replay-ability and fun makes me not care for the story.

Resident Evil never was known for having a great story anyways.
>>
>>332913807
My play time for RE5 was insane i loved the settings and weapons and the upgrade features and boss fights. I have a few problems with RE6 level pacing was bad i would had prefered if they did 1-2 1-3 2 -1 kind of formula like 4 and 5. Getting hit while a minor cutscene showing you where to go that shit sucked and the upgrade system was garbage would had liked to upgrade weapons to unlock more. Finally a pause feature that actually let you pause the fucking game.

Excited about the RE2 remake.
>>
>>332916451
3 is overrated as shit
>recycled RE2 assets
>gun powder mixing is broken
>boring, forgettable areas
I like the game a lot and have a lot of nostalgia for it, but replaying the entire series not long ago it wound up being fairly low for me.
>>
>>332916610
Chris' campaign is the worst because he was supposed to die, and internal playtesters lost their goddamn mindsplus it had the worst of the technical problems with the camera. It really shows that multiple teams were making the campaigns.
>>
>>332916510
That got me real bad once.
>>
>>332914850
Are you implying the tongue-in-cheek endings mean there won't be any more SR? And it might not even be the same cast.
>>
>>332913890
Not really. The reason why Capcom made nemesis the 3rd was because they had a contract with sony to me 3 main story RE games and wanted to end it on ps1 cause the wanted to be multiplatform for the next gen. That and they were not getting along with sony so they were like fuck it we'll make nemesis the 3rd so we can end our contract.
>>
>>332916862
I thought Leon's was the worst, it seemed to have the most QTEs (and that stupid rope climbing QTE which you had to do twice) and the forced walking and bullshit in the first chapter soured the entire thing
>>
>>332913196
But RE5 is fun with a stupidly cheesy story topped off by finally giving Wesker his comeuppance
>>
One of the things that pissed me off the most about RE6 was that compared to previous games I couldn't decide my own loadout. Also didn't like how weapon upgrades were completely done away with for the perk system.

I really like the part system of the Rev games, but it needs a bit of work.
>>
>>332913196
anyone who has the game can tell me if the mercenaries mode is alive on ps4? Shit is ded on pc.
>>
>>332917041
You shut your whore mouth

Out of all of them, Leon's is by far is the best
>>
>>332913196
In my country Code Veronica is regarded as the best Residetn Evil after RE4
>>
I'd rather have an action game like RE6 than Fez, Gone Homo, The Order 1886, etc, etc
>>
>>332917204
No way Jake/Sherry's is by far the best.
>>
>>332917041
A lot of people keep saying Leon's is the best, but I can't stand it just because of the anti-gravity zombies.
>>
>>332917326
>that whole China chapter when you wake up in the hospital

No, fuck you and your shit opinions
>>
>>332917417
>didn't enjoy Sherry in a paper gown

Eat shit homo.
>>
>>332913359
It has an honest to god, amazing battle system, it's just that the campaign maps barely give you a chance to experience it in its full glory. Mercenaries is where I put most of my hours and it's where the game truly shines.

I'm sure Capcom knows full well that they abandoned the "survival horror" aspect of it a long time ago. The gameplay explicitly revolves around action, and this time it doesn't lie to itself.
>>
>>332917041
Leons was the best because it was the only one closest to REs root style rather than complete rooty tooty zombies with guns

But all of them were still dogshit shit

I don't know why this game gets any praise.

Story was awful, gameplay was bland, generic and repetitive - sure the fluid jump manoeuvres were fun for 10 seconds but completely unneeded in the game except for showing off.

And the whole thing felt completely rushed
>>
>>332917787
Even mercenaries was kinda meh. The S rank is too easy to get
>>
>>332918241
I mostly dislike how all characters end up playing the same.
In RE5 mercs you had to think about how to best match a character's weapons with their unique melee moves to achieve the best possible score.
If you search RE6 mercs on youtube every video is an Urban Chaos counter fest.
>>
>>332918241
It was never particularly hard to get S ranks as long as you kept your combo up. Even in RE5 I could get almost double the S rank score because of that fat combo multiplier.
>>
>>332918241
I loved Mercs for quite a while, it's still fun, but you're right. It's too easy to get S. Playing with weird skills turned on freshens it up a bit and can make it more challenging, but still I feel like the scoring system has a ceiling too low for the actual skill ceiling in the gameplay. It doesn't feel so great when I get an S for getting a 150 combo but also get an S for when I really only did "alright"...
>>
>>332918506
>In RE5 mercs you had to think about how to best match a character's weapons with their unique melee moves to achieve the best possible score.
Or you could just play Wesker.
>>
>>332913196
I liked RE6. Great gameplay. Really what it's all about.

Least mostly, Ada's campaign was still an abomination and the level design was atrociously linear, along with the fucking setpieces, but what can you do.
>>
>>332916862
>because he was supposed to die
Are there any articles or interviews about this? My google-fu is weak and I love reading about late changes like that.
>>
>>332918621
If your goal is a high spot on the leaderboards for a specific level then yes, Wesker is overpowered, but playing Wesker won't improve your BSAA Chris score, and BSAA Chris shouldn't be played like Wesker.
>>
>>332915394

They only good parts of Revelations take place on the ship, everything else is disgustingly dull, not to mention atmosphere is all over the place as you swap between characters. But yes, I agree that the awful weapons are the worst part, even though I liked the new types of enemies.

>>332915459

It was okay, I stopped playing when I got really close to finishing the game on Akumu difficulty. Haven't played the DLCs yet, but I loathe to spend money on that stuff so I'll probably never get the complete story which is a shame, because I liked what they did with it in the main game. Still, I feel like the focus should've been more on the organisation rather than Ruvik, with both of them trying to one-up another - I realise that this is precisely what was happening throughout the game but it could've been more fleshed out.
>>
>>332919545
>They only good parts of Revelations take place on the ship
That's like 8/10s of the game, Revelations has more problems besides that.
>>
File: 1379044404686.jpg (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1379044404686.jpg
48 KB, 800x600
Is this a Sherry thread?
>>
>>332913196
I'm not gonna lie; I've never played it. I liked RE5 though, so maybe I should give it a ago.
>>
File: 1399538911298.jpg (2 MB, 1497x1440) Image search: [Google]
1399538911298.jpg
2 MB, 1497x1440
>>332919712
>>
>>332913196
Resident Evil 6 is still shit.
>>
>>332919545
EW DLC isn't particularly interesting gameplay wise and raises more questions than answers.
>>
>>332919618
I have to say though that I love the atmosphere on the Queen Dido.
>>
>>332919807
Those are some weird proportions.

>Tiny head
>Neck thicker than head
>>
>>332919953
I liked far more about RE: Revelations than it deserved.
>>
>>332919953
I like the part where Chris and the girl storm the ship only to find out they're on the wrong fucking ship.
>>
>>332914950
I don't think you played TEW.
>>
File: 1413812225639.png (1 MB, 755x1058) Image search: [Google]
1413812225639.png
1 MB, 755x1058
>>332920120
Sorry, you're just gay son.
>>
>>332913930
Nigga you sound like your an edgy 13 year old that wants to sound cool and tries to shit in anything that people like.
Rockstar games makes great fucking games. Fuck off

RDR MP3 and GTA IV and V were great and if you couldn't enjoy them you have problems in your life. The only Rock star game that was meh was L.A Noire. You sound like the type to say a blow job from the townwhore sucked because everyone else liked it.

If rock star had gone the way of EA and Ubisoft we would have had Red Dead 4 and GTA 9 by now you herpe
>>
>>332914424
You are a massive faggot
>>
>>332919887
The DLC fucking pissed me off. Like, that ending legitimately made me angry.
>>
>>332913285
This, after 4 and 5 we knew 6 would go away from the classic formula, but not THAT far away. It had nothing to do with the classic RE but it was one of the best action COOP games made, much better than other games being glorified for their focus on coop like army of two.

Plus, each campaign is longer than most RE games, and the game has four campaigns. It is the longest RE by far.
>>
File: 4354.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
4354.webm
3 MB, 960x540
cute! CUTE!
>>
>>332920618
I really hated playing as her during the final bossfight.
>>
>>332920618
so cute, and shapely...
>>
>>332920524
Honestly, you couldn't get any further from classic RE than RE5. That game didn't even attempt horror.
>>
>forced coop
>retarded story, even by RE standards
>dated visuals
>forced coop
>retarded partner ai
>shitty clunky controls
>awful linear level design
>no puzzles, inventory management, exploration or anything other than shooting
>QTE sequence every 5 steps
>forced fucking coop

Tell me why shouldnt i hate it again ?

Everything about this game, and i mean fucking everything was awful. It was a tadet piece of shit abortion of everything wrong with last genation bundled into one package.
Overblown, long boring, overproduced turd with 0 substance or a drop of innovation or a single fresh ideas, a step[ back in every way from previous games.
And fuck those brain dead companions.
Fucking 20 hours babysit mission where i have to make sure those retards dont die while they do nothing.
>>
>>332920969
Horrors a bit overrated, especially considering how much the average fan replays the games.

My problem with the aesthetic RE5 replaced the horror with was that it was fucking psuedo-military garbage. RE6 didn't do much better, Leon's trips into that dumb spooky medieval dungeon aside, but the gameplay actually made up for it instead of being an inferior RE4.
>>
>>332920696
>tfw my friend gets to play as Jake and suplexes the fucking Ustanak while all I can do is watch

Sherry is a cuck character
>>
>>332921464
at least she's cute
>>
>>332920196
>I don't think you played TEW.
I think he has. TEW literally opens with an extended slow walking section followed by a fixed camera angle chase sequence followed by a long series of scenes where the camera shows you things like zombies pulling levers. The game is infested with it. Then you've got Joseph and all the slow walking and gameplay-interrupting stuff that accompanies him. And then you pop into the safe place occasionally to do some slow walking or really slow door opening.
>>
>>332920479
The one where you shoot the brain was kind of funny though.
>>
>>332920696
I don't know how those boxes work man, sometimes they hit, sometimes they don't.
>>
>>332913196
I don't like it. The movement felt unnatural and not RE4like in the demo
>>
File: Bioshock Dudebro Edition.png (1 MB, 688x790) Image search: [Google]
Bioshock Dudebro Edition.png
1 MB, 688x790
>>332913563
People on /v/ will never like Infinite
>>
>>332919887
She stands with Mobius. That's all you need to know.

>>332921165
>>forced coop
Having an AI partner isn't forced coop. It's literally the original concept for the Resident Evil series going back to RE1. Also, RE6 is by the man who introduced actual coop to the series with Outbreak.
>dated visuals
It has fantastic lighting and art design in places. Character models are godly. "It has bad textures in places" doesn't change that.
>retarded partner ai
It has better partner AI than any other game in the series.
>shitty clunky controls
Nonsense. It has some of the best TPS controls in the industry. There's a reason peopel love the gameplay so much.
>awful linear level design
Just like The Evil Within. Funny how things turned out that way. It's almost as if the nonsensical backtracking and false progress blocking of early Resident Evil games was driven by hardware limitations, not creative choice.
>no puzzles, inventory management, exploration or anything other than shooting
That's not really true. The campaigns have side areas and secrets to find. Ada Wong's campaign has puzzles that she bitches about because she hates puzzles.
>QTE sequence every 5 steps
This is patently untrue. RE5 had far more QTEs in relation to game time than RE6 does. The number of QTEs in RE6 gets exaggerated by idiots who apparently never played an earlier Resident Evil title in all their stick-wiggling glory.
>Fucking 20 hours babysit mission where i have to make sure those retards dont die while they do nothing.
"Those retards" are invincible and have infinite ammo. How exactly were you babysitting them?
>>
File: 1409329467494.jpg (44 KB, 296x264) Image search: [Google]
1409329467494.jpg
44 KB, 296x264
>>332921165
>Fucking 20 hours babysit mission where i have to make sure those retards dont die while they do nothing.
But your AI partner is basically immortal.
>>
>>332913432

IV is overrated as fuck. V is way better.
>>
>ever liking resident evil 6
It's not a bad game but it's a fullout action game instead of horror. Capcom fucked their fans over
>>
>>332913807

I agree. The co-op is also very well done, even with the AI.
>>
>>332922148
I'd rather have a fun action game than a shitty horror game like 0.
>>
>>332922148
Except the fans simultaneously all shouted that action was the way to go when RE1 Remake and CV failed while RE4 destroyed sales records
>>
>>332922148
>Capcom fucked their fans over
These fans might have a mental handicap if they think they are ever gonna see a new pre rendered background, static camera, key collecting, run away from zombies RE game again.
>>
>>332922148
>Capcom fucked their fans over
If their fans were so upset by the change, they should have actually purchased survival horror games instead of watching like sheep as the sales of every survival horror-oriented game sank into the toilet. It was all going to shit. Silent Hill 3 sold poorly, Silent Hill 4 sold like shit. Haunting Ground sould like shit. Outbreak 2 sold like shit. REMAKE/RE0 sold poorly. Recently, the spiritual successor to Clock Tower came out, NightCry, and nobody gives a shit.

The survival horror genre has been in serious trouble for around 14 years now. The problem is genre fans are deeply, deeply in denial about the financial realities of the situation.
>>
Amazing combat and controls, hands down the absolute best thing about it.
They're in the wrong game entirely though.

If you can use the controls well you're basically an unstoppable god because enemies are so ill-equipped to deal with what the controls allow.

Shit game, shittier RE.
Amazingly mindless fun can be had though.
>>
>>332913196
Code Veronica for DC is my favorite
>>
>>332922415
Did you ever consider that maybe they did buy them and there just arent enough survival horror fans? I mean when it was the 'in' thing in the PS1 era they probably had some people who bought it on hype, found they didnt like the style and didn't buy again. Perhaps any larger sales numbers were always an illusion. I know I didn't like the early REs when I rented them. Didn't really like the games until 4. Of course I don't like full action like 6 if they keep tank controls. if you want to go full action you remove tank.
>>
>>332914903
This. And if a game is only fun with friends it means your friends are fun, not the game.

See: Borderlands.
>>
>>332916115
>he only played Leon's campaign
>only played up to chapter 3
>>
>>332919751
Don't. RE6 is fucking terrible.
>>
>>332922292
Survival horror fans looked to Mikami to "save survival horror" and he and his team of Resident Evil: Remake veterans created a game which was basically Resident Evil 6.5: You Can't Dodge Anymore And We Nerfed Melee. It adopted almost everything associated with modern Resident Evil, from linear level designs to slow walking sections to dramatic action sequences to de-emphasising puzzles.
>>
>>332915151
>Classic horror games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill often had surprise deaths sprinkled through them
Name one fucking setpiece insta-death from RE or SH.
>>
>>332922415
>Recently, the spiritual successor to Clock Tower came out, NightCry, and nobody gives a shit.

To be fair, it's meant to be a hot mess that looks and runs like complete shit.

Fatal Frame is doing all right though. Never rocking the boat or reinventing the wheel. Just pumping out cheap to make, quality titles for a diehard audience that buys and plays each installment. The only bomb was Spirit Camera. 1-5 and the remake of 2 all sold pretty close to each others numbers, with more recent games like 4 and 5 pulling slightly ahead. Fatal Frame is in a good place.
>>
>>332913196
Pfff still a terrible game.
Fuck off OP,and your RE6 threads.
If you like to eat shit then do it but stop talking about it.
>>
>>332922589
>Did you ever consider that maybe they did buy them and there just arent enough survival horror fans?
That is perhaps half of the problem. But Capcom's games were built entirely around the fact they had a huge audience and the games sold millions. That's why they had such lavish budgets for these games. That's why Resident Evil games got the luxury of being developed, scrapped, and then developed again. RE is founded on mainstream appeal. It can't survive in the form we know it as a niche series.
>>
>>332922804
And it still did it better than modern Capcom. The issue isn't that RE6 has so many things, but that it did them poorly.
>>
>>332922850
>Name one fucking setpiece insta-death from RE or SH.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or__qyZhYR0
>>
>>332916057
>he never played Jake or Ada's campaign
>never played above "veteran" difficulty
I truly feel sorry for your kind.
>>
>>332922967
>And it still did it better than modern Capcom.
3 million to RE6's 6.5 million
>>
>>332922850
I haven't played REmake yet but I heard something about a shark. Does it qualify?
>>
>>332923042
>Jake
That wasp shit section was 10 minutes long.

>Ada
?
>>
>>332916181
That's not why people hate this fucking game and you know it.
The game suffers from all around bad design choices that show ZERO fucking thought put into them.
>>
>>332922967
>The issue isn't that RE6 has so many things, but that it did them poorly.
By this logic, Mikami fanboys would be totally fine with RE7 if it took RE6's template and polished it up. But let's be realistic here. They're still going to rage about how the series died with RE5 and RE6 is "universally loathed" and how RE7 is "spitting on the fans" and shit.
>>
>playing RE6 with friend
>Professional difficulty is too easy
>overflowing with health items and health restores when you go back to a checkpoint
>switch to No Hope
>getting our asses hammered
>any segment where you're forced to split up is hell
I don't know if it was the right choice going in balls deep like this. Some parts in particular are absolute horseshit, like Chris's helicopters.
>>
>>332916423
Inventory management was severely fucked in RE5, and IIRC it was the first game to do the autosave/checkpoint thing.

RE5 was a downgrade, but kids will disagree, because kids have no fucking taste. They think games need to be casual, pandering pieces of garbage.
>>
>>332923023
Another good mention is that weird tentacle thing in the sewer in Silent Hill 3.

If you tried to cross that low bridge without using the hairdryer, that thing auto-killed you.
>>
>>332923058
Man, Wii Sports is the best sports game ever. I'm glad you're going to the sales=quality route, especially since you're doing it with an established IP to a new one.

The Evil Within made it's money back.
>>
>>332923127
>The game suffers from all around bad design choices that show ZERO fucking thought put into them.
Such as?
>>
>>332923245
Dino Crisis 2 was a good way to action up a series. RE6 was not.
>>
>>332923287
>I'm glad you're going to the sales=quality route
You started it.

Evil Within sucked on every metric. The only defense you've got is "it's better than RE6".
>>
>>332916451
>game that revolutionized an entire GENRE overnight
>still being copied/ripped off to this day
>still fun to play, more than ten years later
>thinking it even COMPARES to fucking bullshit RE3
You're a goddamn moron.
>>
>>332923246
I had to lame the helicopter out like a bitch.
>>
>>332923246
>playing RE6 co-op
>Ada's campaign
I'm not even mad. Being teleported across the map and forced to shoot at buildings because the helicopter camera was stuck looking at them, and running around spamming EGGSCELLENT while I was locked out from doing puzzles was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>332920269
Oh look, the underage brigade is here.
Son, let the fucking adults talk. Only people who were above the age of eight when those games came out actually get to have a real opinion.
>>
>>332923436
>Evil Within sucked on every metric.
No, it didn't. It's a genuinely good game that is similar to RE6 in a number of ways, but with a bigger emphasis on horror. RE6 and TEW were both attempts to reinvent the RE4 formula that succeeded in their own way, I feel. TEW turned out to be the more polished of the two games. That's beyond doubt.
>>
>>332916125

For you.
>>
>>332921991
>Ada Wong's campaign has puzzles that she bitches about because she hates puzzles.
Literally stopped reading there, because that's when it became too obvious.
>>
>>332923783
Saying "that's beyond doubt" doesn't make it beyond doubt, fuckhead.
>>
File: Leon's Bad Fur Day.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Leon's Bad Fur Day.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
>>332923439
>game that revolutionized an entire GENRE overnight
>still being copied/ripped off to this day
RE4's originality is open to dispute.
>>
>>332922292
>>332922415
You don't NEED those things for a decent horror game. But they certainly do help.
Resident Evil Revelations was pretty damn spooky.
>>
>>332922850

Shotgun room as Chris?
>>
>>332913196
>Code Veronica.
More "meh" than outright loathing
>RE5.
Widely defended, even though the defense is "co-op was fun" (co-op in almost every game makes it fun though) and "B-movie camp" (which it wasn't; Wesker continuing to be a comic book villain and every other character playing it straight doesn't count)
>GTA IV.
Awful visual aesthetics, ran like shit on day 1, is almost purely "drive to the place and shoot or slightly chase the guy". Sans it's native MP, it is lacking in virtually every way than it's predecessor
>Wind Waker
Dungeons were dumb, and the " lol Zelda and Ganondorf again" story can fuck off.
>And GTA V. And Twilight Princess. And Mario Bros 2.
Not played those.
>>
>>332923639
Ada Wong coop should be removed from the game. It was patched in because some people were whining and shitting on the game because they felt Capcom "owed" them cooperative. Nevermind that Ada's campaign is uniquely designed around solo play.
>>
>>332923116
No. Because you can see it as soon as you walk into the room, you can avoid it without a QTE, and as long as you're fucking paying attention it won't kill you.
It doesn't even remotely blindside you.
>>
>>332923840
Ada's line after doing the fish/bird puzzle was "Well, that was a pain in the ass."
>>
>>332923987
I liked her partner's design enough and wanted more out of the game enough that I didn't actually mind playing as him.

Man I've had three separate co-op partners just fucking walk out on me in RE5. 2 of them hogged the pistol ammo, the shits.
>>
>>332923023
>>332923265
>>332923957
Okay. I partially concede the point.

In SH1, SH3, and RE1 those were puzzles that killed you. Not action sequences. But it's still fair, since I didn't specify.

RE6 had a higher amount of them. But it's fine for modern games to do that because of fucking QTE.
>>
>>332923969

RE5 was also gorgeous to look at and had a phenomenal PC port. It would've been the best version to play the game if it wasn't for GFWL and missing DLC.
>>
>>332923321
Player 2 has zero impact on trophies/medals, and exist only to steal kills/items/ammo from player 1.
Which is fine, but then every five seconds you run into a fucking co-op mode, reminding you that the game is supposedly designed around co-op. If that's the case, why don't they get their own set of skill points, or why doesn't the game track their medals?

Oh right, because they only care about the ONLINE co-op.
>>
>>332922137
Boat driving cars and physics were better on IV tho.
>>
>>332924337
>GFWL
Does that still exist?
>>
>>332923124
Sherry in China has to use stealth.

Ada has to stealth at least twice.

The consequences for failing either on professional/no hope are a two-hit kill.
>>
>>332924431
No. RE5 moved to Steamworks though.
>>
>>332924337
Modern version of RE5 is RE5: Gold. It introduced some new bugs, likely because Japanese developers suck at keeping their source code versions correctly labelled, (See Sonic games for this. PC versions of stuff like Sonic heroes were blatantly based on an earlier beta.)
>>
>>332924337
RE5 Gold is on PC now
>>
>>332924431
As a service no. As a shackle to peoples legal purchased but content yes.
>>
>>332924467
>Sherry in China has to use stealth.
Did she? I played as Sherry and I don't remember that.

Crawling through the vent doesn't really count, and neither does the locker when you're just destroying the zombies hand-to-hand beforehand.

Was playing on Professional.
>>
>>332923246
>overflowing with health items and health restores when you go back to a checkpoint
I'm confused. What do you mean by this?
Health items and whatnot don't respawn when you die.
>>
>>332924346
>Player 2 has zero impact on trophies/medals, and exist only to steal kills/items/ammo from player 1.
Player 2 gets separate item drops that player 1 can't see in online coop.

In local coop, you get item swapping instead.

You're clearly upset about design hiccups in local coop. And that is fair enough.
>>
>>332923987
He's only there if you play with another person you know. If you want to be alone nothing is stopping you.
>>
>>332914482
I liked portable ops when it came out you faggot. It was fun. It wasn't a traditional MGS but it also didn't need to be. And peace walker was great fuck anyone that says otherwise.
>>
>>332923897
Did Conker have a section where the camera snapped onto his shoulder?
>>
>>332924665
>He's only there if you play with another person you know.
I'm aware, as a preferred solo player. It's just that people who play as him always get the not-fun end of the stick.
>>
>>332924593
Health items don't respawn, but if you die you restart with full health. I'm pretty sure No Hope is the only difficulty that restarts you with whatever health you were at previously.
>>
>>332924487
They moved it back, now you have to have GFWL installed to even start the game even though the game half uses it.
Unless you used the cracked .exe on the steam forums to unfuck capcoms shit.
>>
>>332924778
What, like in the last year? I was playing it without GFWL not too long ago, though it does prompt you to install it for some reason.
>>
Has anyone here played Cold Fear's Steam version? I played it years ago and it was like an 8/10 RE4, but having downloaded a pirated version recently I couldn't get the game to run properly. I'm hoping they made the game more accessible for the Steam release.
>>
>>332924068
Not disputing that. I'm disputing the fact that you said RE6 has fucking puzzles.
Like seriously, did you even fucking play the game?
>>
>>332924736
>Did Conker have a section where the camera snapped onto his shoulder?
Conker introduced over the shoulder camera to third person shooters, as far as I know. When you aim your weapon in Conker, the camera moves down over his shoulder. It's completely different to the normal camera, especially since you have tank controls while aiming. You can move while shooting, too.
>>
>>332924836
I played a cracked version of Cold Fear recently and it ran fine. If the cracked version isn't working, it's unlikely the Steam version will work.
>>
>>332924836
Yes.

Works perfectly. Unless you change the resolution, in which case you get stuck in a continual crash loop until you delete res.bin from the game's files.

It's more of a 6/10 RE: Revelations, the enemy hitboxes are fucking egregious, along with nobosses and stuff. Fun game, though, would recommend.
>>
>>332924630
Yeah, because I don't give a fuck about online co-op. Online co-op dies within a few months of a game's release.
Local co-op is always there, and it's always more fun to play vidya on a couch with your buddies and a couple of beers. Nothing will ever change this.

So shafting literally the people the game was designed for? Seems like a bad design choice to me.
>>
>>332922804
it also made the gameplay insanely unforgiving and put a bigger emphasis on survival than 4-6 did. yes it adopted a lot of the newer RE's designs, but also made ammo far more scarce, enemies far more methodical and damaging, threw in more actual gameplay options like the crossbow and stealth. and in general you feel a lot more helpless than re 4-6 ever did.

if they worked on the level designs more and maybe threw in more puzzles id say it was a better evolution of the series than 4 was.
>>
>>332924898
>Not disputing that. I'm disputing the fact that you said RE6 has fucking puzzles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP5cLlJEoJ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEiJ2QN11V8
>>
>>332924576
The whole section when she's in a hospital gown, guys spawn infinitely, and kill you in 2-3 hits.
They also have guns and will swarm/surround you as soon as you get spotted.
>>
>>332924767
Me and my partner had some good laugh at his teleports and how he's "not there".
>>
>>332925119
You're just shit, mate, I fucking destroyed those losers hand-to-hand.

Stamina boost perk OP.
>>
>>332913196
>Code Veronica. And RE5. And GTA IV. And GTA V. And Twilight Princess. And Wind Waker. And Mario Bros 2.

I remember when /v/ hated Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Fusion.
>>
RE6's stealth has more in common with Metal Gear Rising's than The Evil Within's. I think the root of the problem with steal and RE6 is that stealth is hard to integrate into a fast paced action game because it quite obviously fucks up pacing and creates massive potential exploits.
>>
>>332925245
Funny how even the dark parts of history seem brighter with every passing moment.
>>
I bought re6 at launch and was so mad, I immediately returned it.
With the Re release, I figured I would give it another shot, and I absolutely love it.
The shock and disappointment kept me from objectively looking at it. Knowing what to expect allowed me give it a chance. And it is a really fucking good shooter.
>>
>>332925018
>Local co-op is always there, and it's always more fun to play vidya on a couch with your buddies and a couple of beers. Nothing will ever change this.
I would agree, but only when players share the same screen. Splitscreen has always been awful and is the shit alternative to LAN or online play.
>>
>>332923957
This is not an instant death. Nothing stopped you from putting the shotgun back on the hooks when you notice the ceiling is slowly coming down.
>>
>>332925694

You can't exit that room once the ceiling starts coming down. Your only chance to put it back is when you notice the handles moving upwards.
>>
>>332913196
>everyone hated
nah, there are people that like those games because how different it is RE5 is fun as fuck, TP had an interesting combat system and GTA IV had great ragdoll physics and more technology than GTA V, Mario Bros 2 was the first Mario game to have multiple characters Mario Bros doesn't really count because palleteswap, nameswap and no notable differences

I believe that all games, yes even RE6 has some redeeming factors, albeit implemented poorly, if if fixed it could be a good game.

I dont hate any games, I dislike the fact that game producers will try to sell unfinished shit quickly to ride off the hype, see SFV, then release a complete game.

Its kinda sad that those times are over, now that DLC, "upgrade" patches and microtranscations are successful and relevant, game producers have an "excuse" to release unfinished, buggy, bullshit. The negatives greatly outweighs the positive.

semi-tl;dr version: I know you're using ad homs and strawmen as bait but I wanted to honestly reply to it. peoples preferences change all the time, hell I used to dislike Zelda 2 because it was different, it wasn't at all like a Zelda game, but it I liked it because it was "different" adapting to how different it was, made it fun and it challenged me.

Most games nowadays play it safe, because thats what people are used to, and nostalgia kinda factors in unwilling to like it or give it a try because it is too different, and never playing it again, see YuGiOh.

sorry for the blog post
>>
Deborah Fucking Harper.

Purchase justified.
>>
>>332925245
>Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Fusion
I was 12-14 when i got RE4 and had spent ages playing the originals back in the day, and i was stupid hyped and impressed with 4; I'd be sad if CV didn't leave the franchise with nowhere to go/added fuck all, or if the only good classic RE wasn't the REmake and 0 was just shit all around.

Fusion has a massive asterisks next to it when i recommend it to people, but besides the locked in linearity it is nearly perfect in every way, with the exception of not including a hard mode like Zero Mission did, but that's unfair really.
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.