[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>horrible level design >enemy attack tracking >the main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: guide_screen_ds2.jpg (493 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2.jpg
493 KB, 1920x1200
>horrible level design
>enemy attack tracking
>the main hub is ass
>fan pandering
>a horrible story that makes zero sense

Why do people defend this garbage?
>>
>>332912373
Dont forget
>fucking up poise mechanics completely
>light armor is barely less effective than heavy armor in defenses
>hexes in general
>>
>the main hub is ass
fuck off, it's comfier than firelink
>>
because while it's a bad Dark Souls game it's still better than most of the games the modern video games industry shits out
>>
>>332912446
>hexes in general
Yeah those sure where strong 2 years ago. Good to hear you not keeping up with anything. Hey did you hear the "PlayStation" is not going to use cartridges?
>>
>>332912373
>why do people defend this garbage?
It was their first DaS.
>>
>>332912473
comfisiest place in the history of souls, Majulas soundtrack was so sad... so fitting...

>>332912373
>horrible level design
ds has that after sen's fortress(and demon ruins)
>enemy attack tracking
ds barely has any of that bus every mob in ds3 has that.
>the main hub is ass
Check my first sentence.
>fan pandering
Like every souls games after demon's
Makes perfect sense, you want to get cured, but in the end you find out you can't.
>>
>>332912473
not OP, but majula is anti-comfy

it's wide and open, the colors are ugly, and the lack of leaves on the trees gives the impression it's cold as fuck

firelink was small, enclosed, and pretty
>>
>>332912695
>two wrongs makes a right
Shitty argument by shitty people.
>>
>>332912820
i'm not saying anything is right, i'm saying that pretty much every souls game is fucking retarded, we like them even though they're inferior to other games.

Also i didn't get what you wanted to say, please expresss your thoughts like a human being, not an asshole spitting out shit.
>>
>>332912695
>>332912473
Go play DeS if you want a "comfy" hub, Majula is ass.

>>332912695
>ds has that after sen's fortress(and demon ruins)
thing is, DaS1 at least has some good zones, DS2 is horrible all around
>Like every souls games after demon's
not even close
>Makes perfect sense, you want to get cured, but in the end you find out you can't.
Except the part where it gives you zero incentive to move out of the main hub
>>
DaS = DaS3 > DeS > BB > DaS2
>>
>>332912947
>DS2 is horrible all around
Play the DLC, then come back.
>>
Why do people defend Dark Souls 1 even though everything after Anor Londo was total shit?
>>
>>332912947
first one answered by this anon >>332912998
>Like every souls games after demon's
oh no? you mean to say that from isn't releasing the same content over and over again because they feel like it's a good addition and not becuase fans like it?
>Except the part where it gives you zero incentive to move out of the main hub
You want to get cured, is that so hard to understand? you already made up your mind before comming to drangleic, rewatch the intro.
>>
>>332913020
anor londo including tho.
because we're all fanboy fags.
>>
>>332913020
nostalgia and good atmosphere

Everyone ignores the improvements in DS2 because "muh atmosphere"
>>
>>332912373
Someone can't get past the smelter demon. Rip faggot.
>>
>>332912373
Do you feel like you fit in now?
>>
>>332912473
that fuckin majula song makes my ear bleed
>>
>>332912695
>>332912373
Wrekt m8
>>
Is DaS3 that fucking good?
>>
Majula's a much better designed hub than Firelink. Putting two dead ends in the beginning of the game is pretty fucking retarded, and only two areas loop back around into it which makes it feel like a waste.
>>
>>332912373
>horrible level design
Worse than DkS1 doesnt mean "horrible". Its better than DeS at least. Also DLC levels are best in series (dunno aboot bloodborne)

>enemy attack tracking
Problem is blown way out of proportion. Only a few enemies like salamander actually have bullshit tracking.

>the main hub is ass
>opinions
>>
File: 14533927535400.jpg (233 KB, 2048x1044) Image search: [Google]
14533927535400.jpg
233 KB, 2048x1044
>>332912373
Fuck you, Majula is beautiful. Everything else is right tho.
>>
>>332912978
If DaS3 is that good, I'm going to need some incentive to not fucking raid a gamestop.
>>
I finished all the DLC for the first time today and holy fuck it was disapointing.

Sunken king felt pretty meh except for a few areas

Iron king was pretty decent. I like most of it cept the area before the blue smelter and the fight vs blue smelter

Ivory king was looking like the best one, then it became a backtrack fest and to top that off it had the worst dual boss fight I had in a while, and it was a fucking re-use of a boss used in that same DLC.
The last boss fight was amazing though
>>
>>332912373
>Why do people defend this garbage?

Because From Software made it.
>>
File: 1458151892995.jpg (16 KB, 647x526) Image search: [Google]
1458151892995.jpg
16 KB, 647x526
>>332912998
>suffer through the entire vanilla game just to play the DLC aka the good part
>>
Just me that prefers vanilla DS2 to Scholar?

Iron keep is retarded with a gazillion samurais and you can't rush bosses anymore because of permanent leash so they will hit you when you try to enter the fog gate.
>>
>>332913605
>DS2 level design being better than DeS

Have you even played the game? At least the people behind DeS knew how to handle shortcuts and bonfire placements, something DS2 fails horribly at.
>>
>>332913639
>then it became a backtrack fest
Christ, I don't get it. You go through the area two times while visiting a fuck ton of new areas that you've just uncovered and taking advantage of all the shortcuts. How sensitive do you have to be to moan about this? Especially considering straightforward the rest of the game is.
>>
>Everyone tells me the DLC in 2 is good
>Sunken King is utter trash and is saved only by Sihn
>Iron king constantly forces you to fight in cramped spaces with two hundred enemies. Fume is overrated as fuck, but at least is one of the few non bullshit enemies in this game
>Ivory king was trash all along.
Even if the level design is slightly better than the Vanilla game, the dlcs can't fix the overarching problems the game has, nominally it playing like a piece of butter over a slightly warm surface against a piece of wet soap.
>>
>>332913817
Iron keep was ruined but everything else is far better.
>Now you can unlock mcduff after defeating pursuer instead of having to play 60% of the game
>>
>>332913864
>Iron king constantly forces you to fight in cramped spaces with two hundred enemies.
And? Is that supposed to be a bad thing in itself? They are very manageable and there's plenty of things in the environment to help you out.
>>
Played this after Bloodborne and couldn't stand it. Definitely not a good game compared to the rest. The combat just feels so shit, the world is an incoherent mess, etc. So disappointing. I really hope DS3 is nothing like it.
>>
>>332913864
Do you feel like you fit in now?
>>
File: 1452876996540.jpg (72 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
1452876996540.jpg
72 KB, 500x714
>>332913736
>tfw i tried doing that
>can't fucking stand vanilla
>quit
>>
>>332913953
Not the person you're replying to, but fighting in cramped spaces is one of the worst parts about the game, especially with how fast weapons degrade the instant you touch a hard surface.
>>
>>332914093
The rooms where you're attacked by groups have enough space to easily avoid hitting walls
>>
>>332913953
Your weapons bounce of walls while your enemies' attacks pass through somehow
>>
File: 1410438380768.jpg (21 KB, 154x253) Image search: [Google]
1410438380768.jpg
21 KB, 154x253
It's a 7/10. That's far from fucking shit, it's a good game and anyone thinking otherwise was so far up DaS's ass they imagined a game in their minds that doesn't exist and keep thinking that DaS2 is supposed to be that game.
>>
>>332913962
>"You have a different opinion than me. This means you are just parroting the most popular opinion on /v/"
Grow some thick skin and learn to admit other people think differently than you anon. I honestly believe the dlcs were nothing special at all.
>>
DS1 is almost perfect, the only DLC it has only improves the base game.

DS2 is pretty shit, needs 3 DLC and 1 entire fucking re release to be considered good by some.
>>
>>332914202
>DS1 is almost perfect
Hahaha oh fuck, never change Soulsfags
>>
>>332914153
Sorry, I forgot there's only one weapon in the game with a specific size and that the entire game was balanced about it.

Thanks for the suggestion anon! Gonna main that poison dagger for pve now, it's gonna be so fun!
>>
>>332913860

I don't know, it felt like a chore to backtrack through all the areas I visited again, and all those door that said open's from the other side kinda discouraged me. It could have been that I just wanted to get the game done and go to the boss fight at that point.
I liked the new area with the sonics and Maldron though.
Don't get me wrong, Ivory king was my favorite of the 3 it just feels like it could have been so much better with a few tweaks.
The double cat fight was pretty terrible in itself but then again it's optional.
>>
>>332914242
It doesn't matter whether you're using a dagger or a halberd, the rooms where you fight groups have plenty of room to swing your weapon without hitting walls.
>>
File: 1459586637257.png (351 KB, 505x505) Image search: [Google]
1459586637257.png
351 KB, 505x505
>>332912373
I didnt realize there was a story there that made sense
>insert read item descriptions for story he meme here
>>
File: 234872347.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
234872347.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>That 25 gargoyles fight in Dark Souls III
Can't wait to hear whining from pc friends in twn days. You'd wish this was Dark Souls fucking II.
>>
File: Shrug souls.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Shrug souls.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>332912373
>the main hub is ass

Majula > Nexus > Firelink
>>
Can someone who has played all souls games (including bloodborne) and genuinely thinks that DaS2 is the best of the entire series reply pls?
>>
>>332912373
>horrible level design
It's not. And the quality doesn't turn to shit mid game.
>enemy attack tracking
And DS1 has none, both are shit
>the main hub is ass
No, it's the best area From has ever made
>fan pandering
How so?
It makes perfect sense, what don't you understand?

The DLCs are even better than the old hunters.

Because it's better than DaS in almost every aspect
>>
>>332912373

Because it was the first Souls game developed with the PC and PC gamers in mind.
>>
File: 1459035044282.jpg (15 KB, 480x516) Image search: [Google]
1459035044282.jpg
15 KB, 480x516
>>332912373
Because Dark Souls are a meme franchise, and weebs love jap games. Memes + weeb points creates a very popular game on this shitty board.
>>
>>332914227
xD yeah
>>
>>332914367
Firelink(3)>Nexus>Firelink(1)>Majula
>>
>>332913838
> At least the people behind DeS knew how to handle shortcuts and bonfire placements

Yeah, like 3-2.
>>
>>332914427
I'm afraid you have shit taste.
>>
>>332914395
Considering that to somehow fix the story they had to intruduce an entire new character that wasn't in the game ni the first place, not even in the dlcs, I think defending the story is a bit stupid. From itself basically admitted it made no sense by introducing Aldia.
>>
It has This one's on me and the finger shake emotes.
>>
>>332914427
>it's new and not much people played it, so it's better!
>>
>>332914464
>A temple built in order to honour the greatest event in the history of the world
>An inter-dimensional plane that keeps the world together
>Two decadent houses near the sea with a gigantic sinkhole in the middle used as a trash can
Please.
>>
>>332914428
You do realize that bonfire is basically right in the middle of the stage? Once you break the chains on both sides you only need to run straight ahead to reach the boss, essentially ignoring half the zone.
>>
DeS=BB>DaS>DaSII

Only correct order and you know it.
>>
>>332914478
Fix what in the story?
In DaS you need to ring 2 bells, and there are some entities that need to be killed in order to access Gwyn.
In DaS 2 we talk about cycles, and the same entities are reborn and need to be killed in order to access Nashandra.

The story is literally the same shit, except with cycles.
>>
>>332914395
>this entire post

DS2 apologists are truly the worst, holy shit. Beyond saving
>>
File: 1455325195884.jpg (18 KB, 400x537) Image search: [Google]
1455325195884.jpg
18 KB, 400x537
>>332914395
>It's not.
DARK SOULS 2 HATERS BTFO!!!
>>
pros:

>omnidirecitonal movements/rolls(movement part isnt even present in ds3)

>All animations are alot better compared to other games.Not even dark souls 3 can top them as far as i have seen.(smooth dark souls 1 animations dont make them great.they still look awkward.)

>backstab animations look more natural since you throw your opoonents balance off when performing one.Does have an actual transition unlike in DS 1/3.Also DS 2 has different and unique riposte/backstab/guard break animations for mostly every weapon type.

>Soul vessel

>Bonfire ascetic

>Good visual concepts for areas.They are also decently tied up to their lore counterparts.

>Good general lore despite what Miyazakifags say.It standouts good without relying too much on DS 1, unlike DS 3.

>Good and unique characters but with very weak questlines.

Cons:

>Soul Memory

>Bad poise system(DS 1's poise system was bad but they still couldnt improve it in DS 2)

>Absolutely bad level designs.

>No infinite use invasion orbs.

>Some covenants are entirely useless.

>Bosses have good visual designs but they are mostly badly designed in mechanical parts.

>6 player capacity yet, they didnt make a good use of it.Good to see Dark Souls 3 did it right.
>>
>>332914620
Fuck i meant 4-2.

But run for the second chain is also drags way too long and is a chore to do if you die.
>>
File: New-Londo-Ruins-1-0086s.jpg (35 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
New-Londo-Ruins-1-0086s.jpg
35 KB, 640x360
>>332912473
this guy knows the meaning of comfy
>>
>>332914395
>A bunch of assertions with no argument backing them up
Woah...
>>
>>332914681
>In DaS 2 we talk about cycles, and the same entities are reborn and need to be killed in order to access Nashandra.

>You arrive in drangleic through a dimensional portal, seeking a cure
>Immediatly, as soon as you arrive, a haralot talks about becoming king of the land (?)
>In order to reach Vendrick, you kill four powerful beings
>You talk with a king that assumes you want to be a king, even though you just wanted to see if there was a cure
>Found vendrick, it's clear there is no cure
>You are told to enter the memories of giants, for some reason
>Killing a giant makes you a king, for some reason
>You are told you are going to link the flame, even though the flame was never addressed before
>Surprise! Nashandra is a spooking scary skeleton!
>You did all of this without really knowing why

At least aldia tells you "fuck everything".
>>
>>332914550
But in one of those decadent houses there is the lordvessel, in the other one of the best NPC From has ever made (the cat), and the sinkhole leads to the reincarnation of Nito and a better version of blightown. There's also best souls girl and crestfallen warrior.

Majula>Hunter's Dream>The rest.
>>
>horrible sound design, weapons hitting shields, walls or enemy sounds shit
>weird impact when actually hitting enemy or getting hit (I can't quite word this one but it just feels bad)
>soul memory
>ugly as fuck art style, everything looks cartoonish and like plastic
>uninteresting NPCs with almost no development
>1000 weapons with like 3 movesets
>30+ bosses 80% are literally whos or "remember this one from DS1?? :D"
>sunlight parma
>stats for iframes and sperate stat for max carry load
>most underwhelming final boss
>worst enemy placement and level design, being able to warp from the start killed all ambition to not make a tube level apparently
>iron keep ontop of the windmill
>lazy hitboxes and tracking
>embarrassing marketing
The list goes on.
They had to scrap the whole thing halfway through and it shows
>>
>>332914395
>And the quality doesn't turn to shit mid game.
Yeah, it turns to shit at the beginning.
>>
File: Our king.jpg (25 KB, 760x1140) Image search: [Google]
Our king.jpg
25 KB, 760x1140
>>332912373
Either because it was the first game in the series they played (I feel deeply sorry for those people) or pure hipsterdom. I guess a third possibility would be them just being a fucking idiot.
>>
>>332914734
>>Good general lore despite what Miyazakifags say.It standouts good without relying too much on DS 1, unlike DS 3.
It's a fucking sequel you fig.

I hope at least 3 answers 1's questions
>soul vessel
I liked it in 2 so I didn't have to play this turd longer than necessary and still test everything out, the idea in general doesnt fit into the series.
>>
>>332912446

>Fucking up poise.

The original poise was the worst and most degenerate mechanic in series history and shouldn't exist. Poise is one of the reason DkS has strictly worse gameplay than DeS/DkS.
>>
>>332912373
I really don't understand it either.

>play Bloodborne
>smooth as butter combat, fluid gameplay

>load up Scholar
>input delays, combat is fucking awful
>>
>>332914758
Yeah 4-2 can be a pain, but I think it evens out since the boss is relatively easy.

>But run for the second chain is also drags way too long and is a chore to do if you die.

I didn't think it was all that hard, the only thing that can really fuck you over is the red phantom on the way to the boss. I just think that overall a lot more care was given to the zone layouts in DeS than in DS2, especially in regards to gameplay and not just aesthetics.
>>
>>332912373
Because PC players were stuck with it for 2 years.
>>
>>332912695
>ds
>bad level design after Sen's

Ash Lake and TotG can be counted as after Sen's Fortress though m80
>>
>>332913605
Bloodborne DLC levels weren't too good but the bosses were great, mostly.
>>
>>332914170
Then learn not to speak in absolutes, as if your opinion was the gospel truth.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks Things Betwixt, Majula, Heide, No Man's Wharf and Dragon Shrine look good but everything else sucks so much dick?

Like every other area looks ugly as fuck.
>>
>>332915195
Research Hall and Fishing Hamlet are the best areas in BB though
>>
>>332914841
Are you the autist that was sperging out 2-3 weeks ago with muh cure? The cure is just a pretext to send you there. It's completely irrelevant. If the old lady said "look, I sent 34523452345 fukbois like you there hoping that one of them will fix the bullshit, but they all died", you would never have accepted to go there. The second you arrive in Majula best girl asks you why you're here. You understand instantly that nobody gives a fuck about your curse, there are bigger things at stake.
You have to kill the four beings because they are the four beings of DaS1, they'll give you enough soulpower to reach Vendrick. Nashandra was there because she couldn't access the throne by herself. She thought she could kill you and gain your power, she fucked up a lot of things, after all she was born from a shard of Manus.

I'll admit the giant's memory part was shit.

>You did all of this without really knowing why
I know more about my objectives in DaS2 than in DaS. Some fuck gave me a key, THEREFORE I have to kill 4 beings, go to the city of gods, and slay Gwyn for no reason.
Not to mention the lady in the intro said that you won't know why.
>>
>>332914789
No, this guy was the comfy one.
>>
>>332915195

The laboratory is easily one of the best levels in the series, and the Hamlet has the best atmosphere in the series.
This is incluidng DkS3.
>>
>>332914374
Yes, what do you want?

Before you ask, I played the games on release. Well, didn't play DeS on release because it took me a while before I got round to picking it up, but I still played it first.
>>
>>332915195
The fishing hamlet had my on the edge of my seat the entire time.
Man even the old hunter's dream with the blood river and those moaning corpses was brilliant.
>>
>>332914478
Aldia didn't have any huge impact on the original story. He is there to set up the expanded story of the DLC's, and give your character motivation to do them.
>>
>>332915231
Heide's Tower is pretty to look at but it has nothing to really explore, No Man's Wharf however is one of my least favourite zones in the entire game, I like the idea, but the layout is just horrendous.
>>
>>332912580
This.

Souls is the new Zelda, ever since Zelda went to shit.
>>
>>332914852
Sound design in less cringe worthy than DaS
Impact is better than DaS
Soul memory is irrelevant since multiplayer is irrelevant
Art style is similar to DS1. DS2 looks like plastic, DS1 looks like shit.
NPC are better than DS1 in every way. Lucatiel is the best.
Bosses are also better. In DS1 there is smostein, Sif and Artorias, in DS2 there is chariot, sentinels, mirror knight, lost sinner, duke's dear freja, rotten, demon of songs, velstadt, throne defenders and every boss from the DLC.
Dodge has OP iframes in DS1, in DS2 it's less OP. It's better
Final boss is shit, I agree.
Enemy placement is less pathetic than DS1, and nothing wrong with being able to warp.
Yes the iron keep over the windmill was shit.
Hitboxes are better
Don't know about the marketing.

This is why DaSbabies are the worst. "I didn't like it and it's not an exact copy of 1 THEREFORE it's bad"
>>
>>332915550

HOLY.

FINAKLY.
>>
Why do I rarely see people peg Bloodborn as the weakest entry? It had a very cool setting, but the combat and bosses felt so subpar.
>>
>>332915630
>Souls combat perfected
>subpar

LOL
>>
>>332915248
it is the same guy
>>
>>332912580
>the it's a bad souls game but still better than everything else out there meme

no. it's a horrible game. souls games are only good because of their fantastic level and encounter design. dark souls 2 doesn't have any of that. there's literally nothing to redeem the game
>>
>>332915656
But it's not souls combat perfected. It's very different, actually, more than enough so that its its own thing.
>>
File: 1434470810001.png (135 KB, 400x492) Image search: [Google]
1434470810001.png
135 KB, 400x492
>>332915245
>I know more about my objectives in DaS2 than in DaS. Some fuck gave me a key, THEREFORE I have to kill 4 beings, go to the city of gods, and slay Gwyn for no reason.
>Not to mention the lady in the intro said that you won't know why.
I'll just pretend this isn't bait and that you are actually this fucking stupid.

In 1, the intro just explains the back story and what happened in the past, what caused the state the world is in now.

Oscar, the guy who freed you from the asylum, heard of a prophecy.
One day an undead from the asylum will link the first flame and bring back the age of fire.

So he goes and frees undead from the asylum to manually fulfill the prophecy.
The next part of the prophecy is that the undead who links the first flame, let's just call him chosen undead, rings the 2 bells of awakening.

You do it and kingseeker frampt literally tells you the rest:
Acquire lord vesel, collect lord souls and kindle the first flame with the lord souls' power.
>>
>>332915613
kys
>>
>>332915236
I agree with Research Hall, didn't really like Fishing Hamlet too much
>>
>>332915630
bloodborne obviously has the best combat and bosses out of all the games and if you disagree you have brain damage
>>
File: 1449884472626.gif (1 MB, 208x240) Image search: [Google]
1449884472626.gif
1 MB, 208x240
I never played 2, but played 1 and DeS like crazy.

Should I just skip straight to DaS3?

>tfw no PS4 for Bloodbourne
>>
>>332915806
DaS 2 being bad is a meme
>>
>>332915806
Just wait 10 more days for DS3 and skip 2 completely.
>>
>>332915613
Hi Anthony
>>
>tfw I know one of my RL friends regularly its in these threads about how bad DaS2 is, despite never having played it it even completing 1 or DeS, just to bait
>tfw from the over-zealous replies of some DaS2 fans(and I really like DaS2) I'm pretty sure the opposite is also true
These threads will always be shit, and I'm not even sure why anyone would think it matters. Just like the one you like, you fucks. Or better yet, all of them, since they're all good games.
>>
>>332915806
For the love of god skip 2 and play 3.

>>332915852
And whatever you do, don't listen to people who say this.
>>
>>332915758
And in DS2 best girls tells you that you need to slay the 4 great ones of DS1 to reach the king, and the king tell you to stop Nashandra.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Literally what I said, it's the same thing, without the bells.
>>
>>332915806
You would literally waste your money if you bought 2 now.
I bought it because there wasn't anything to play but if 3 is just 10 days away I would save my money.
>>
>>332915806
Play 2 it is very fun. You'll find what you will expect from a souls game
>>
>>332915729
>souls games are only good because of their fantastic level and encounter design
By the same logic Dark Souls 1 is an utter piece of shit because about a tenth of the game has good level/encounter design, while everything else feels very lackluster and poorly thrown together. The games have far more good elements than that. For example the methodical combat, the decent amount of gear/builds, a unique multiplayer and a nice feeling of progression Not to mention that there are no games like them really.
>>
>>332916017
>slay the 4 great ones of DS1 to reach the king
Instead of climbing over a small pile of rubble
>>
>>332915806
Play 2 and then 3. The only thing DaS does better is the level design in undea parish, undead burg, and the connection between parish, darkroot and valley of bullshit. Otherwise DS2 is better.
Also the DLC is the best content from has ever made. It's old hunters tier, but longer.
>>
I finally finished this game about two weeks ago and I quite enjoyed it.

It was at this point that I finally realised what over-critical contrarian autists the people on this board actually are.

The only real gripe I had with this game was the soul memory system.
>>
>>332915973
But I love shitting on DaS2.
I loved 1 so much and I was so hyped for 2. Then it crushed all my hopes and dreams. I have an infinite grudge towards 2 and if I can convince only one single person to not buy 2 I will die in pure happiness.

2 is shit and the world needs to know.
>>
File: putas.png (47 KB, 156x331) Image search: [Google]
putas.png
47 KB, 156x331
>>332914841
The game has a decent plot, the problem is how is presented. Anyway I'm open for reinterpretation but this is what I got.
>You go to Drangleic throught a portal because undead
>Gurl gives you estus and tells you to go kill 4 big guys in order to visit the king
>You get indications of what you have to do but no one tells you why. (In the first game you ring the bells because of the prophecy, it was so simple to fix this shit yet they didn't. I don't know, you have to collect 4 pieces of a magical key you need to enter the castle and each piece is guarded by a big guy)
>You arrive at the castle and the Queen tells you the king is not home and that you may be king material because you defeated the 4 power rangers
>You end up finding the king but the guy is hollow and can't help you, also this means theres probably no cure but you get a ring that allows you to access the king's brother house and visit the ancient dragon. (This is also fucked up because is kind of obvious at this point that Nashandra is evil. why are you doing what she says? She could have lied to you or be less obvious)
>You explore Aldia's Keep and find Navlaan who reveals the Emerald qt is likely a creation of Aldia who was trying to recreate the firekeepers among other things
>You talk to the dragon and get the ability to explore memories
>I don't understand memories too much but I think you are suposed to be walking on Vendrick shoes since he was the one who defeated the giants?
>You go back to the castle but don't find Nashandra, you end up fighting a boss and Nashandra herself
>I think what hapened here is that Nashandra knew you were the strongest candidate for chosen undead for the present cycle so she guided you down the same path as Vendrick so you could become the next monarch and kill you just before you could take the throne thus completing the ccle and making sure the Darkness reigns until the next cycle
>Of course you beat her ass and become the king anyway
>>
>>332916123
>caring about pvp
>in a souls game

your opinion means nothing
>>
>>332916017
>best girl
I think you played some chinese bootleg version because I couldn't find the doll anywhere in 2.
>>
File: 1414295243856.png (197 KB, 393x460) Image search: [Google]
1414295243856.png
197 KB, 393x460
>>332912373
>WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE WAAAH

Newsflash - The world doesn't revolve around you and your interests, senpai
>>
>>332916186
I don't care about pvp, I just wanted to summon friends in for some coop fun.
>>
File: Hallway.jpg (841 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hallway.jpg
841 KB, 1920x1080
>>332916113
I'll take anything in Dark Souls 1 over shit like pic related. Dragon ass hell is better than this pure lazy bullshit.
>>
>>332916093
Yes, you are entirely right about this. But a lot of things in all soulsborn games could have been resolved easily if the MC could climb stuff. But yeah, the pile of rubble was literally From making fun of you. Still, the story is the same thing without the bells.
>>
>>332916268
lol git gud
>>
>>332915245
>The second you arrive in Majula best girl asks you why you're here
>ARE YOU THE NEXT MONARCH?
Come on anon, for fuck's sake, this is the first line in the game and I refuse to believe that the bearer of the course one day woke up and said "you know what? I'm going to be king of a land of hollows!"
>>
>>332916123
It's not so bad by itself.
You're better off not comparing it
>>
>>332916113
>DS2 is better
Hahahahaha
>>
>>332916330
More like "lol git patient"
>>
File: DeS vs DaS2.png (1 MB, 1510x593) Image search: [Google]
DeS vs DaS2.png
1 MB, 1510x593
>>332916330
git taste and maybe some common sense.
>>
>horrible level design
>enemies gape their own assholes for backstabs if you so much as step to the side when they attack
>the main hub is ass
>started the worst memes
>a horrible story

Why do people defend Dark Souls?
>>
>>332916215
As much as I love Bloudbourne, the doll was shit. Her voice was shit, her dialogues were shit. her design was cool, but bear seek seek lest is better. Only god tier of the doll was "oh good hunter" when you turn into a squid. DS2 girl is always god tier. And the doll is a slut anyway, her clothes probably smell of semen.
>>
>>332915245
>I have to kill 4 beings, go to the city of gods, and slay Gwyn for no reason
You are told the entirety of the prophecy. A part from Oscar, the next from Frampt, the remaining from Gwyneviere.
You are being slightly lied to, but your objectives are absolutely clear. You are doing it to succeed Gwyn and you are always told that.

Me using the "without knowing why" is not me memeing. It's THE EXACT WORDS the game tells you, over and over again, in a horrifying attempt at being subtle and deep.
>>
>>332916418
>let me just post two maps while only one gets all the details nitpicked out of it
>>
Just about finished DeS, what should I go for next, DaS 1?
>>
>>332916418
>posting one of the ugliest level in DeS for level design
you're gonna post the swamp next?
>>
>>332916418
I honestly can't remember what DaS2 area that is.
>>
>>332916268
That area is easy, git fucking gud.
>>
>>332916268
>I don't know how to run
>>
>>332916549
just skip 1 and go for 2.
>>
>>332916549
Yes, but never step inside these threads again. They will suck out every enjoyment you could ever get from any game in this series.
>>332916571
Left in Demon, stonefang. Right is Lost Izalith.
>>
>>332914852
Forget reference bosses the real problem was all the humanoids. Just big humanoid bodies with some sort of stick or sword. Then they'd all have a close up combo, a rush attack and a single unique attack or something.

Got so sick of fighting generic humanoids and almost quit for good when I first got to throne watcher/defender. Wasn't even challenge it was just waiting with a hint of math.
>>
>>332916549
Yes, play them in order
>>
>>332916268
I never killed the guys in that room, just aggroed them, ran back and then into the fog wall.
But when you think about it, Vendrick is being that fog gate, it's normal that it's heavily guarded.

I had way more "wtf are you doing From" in DS1. Like the 345236345634 hollows before the gargoyles. Or the wraiths in new londo,
>>
>giving DaSII shit for pandering when DaSIII takes into fucking overdrive
>it's LITERALLY okay when DaSIII does it
>>
Emerald Herald a shit
And Lucatiel too
>>
>>332916549
Play 1 and then play 2, what the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>332916358
ARE YOU THE NEXT MONARCH, or MERELY A PAWN OF FATE

Dude pls. Best girl is hoping that there will be one monarch among all the pawns of fate
>>
>>332916509
>>332916563
Its a straight line that doesn't loop around in on itself or have a second path through. Literally anti-souls level design.

>>332916571
Shrine of Amana.

>>332916585
>>332916603
If you really look at a blank room with enemies spammed in it and don't think "wow this is some lazy bullshit" you are honestly too easily amused and are probably retarded.
>>
>>332916459
Shit taste
>>
>>332916549
Play 1, then 2, then BLoudbourne. then 3.
>>
>>332916676
>Like the 345236345634 hollows before the gargoyles

You throw one. Litterally ONE firebomb and 99% of them will immediatly die.

Nobody, fucking nobody ever complained about the hollows room in Dark Souls I until Dark Souls II shitters started getting all butthurt from the complaining and began the "B-BUT DARK 1 DID IT TOO!" argument by nitpicking every single fucking thing they could find.
>>
>>332915550
OH CRIPES THERE YOU ARE

I WISH I COULD AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES
>>
File: jerry i give up.gif (554 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
jerry i give up.gif
554 KB, 295x221
>>332916585
>>332916330
>git gud

You guys are the reason DaS2 is as bad as it as

>muh HARDCORE game
>muh skill

There isn't a single encounter in the entire game that would require anything more than circle strafing and the occasional roll, yet you fags make it out to be the ultimate test of player skill.
>>
>>332916549
Play DaS, then Bloodborne, then DaSIII.

Avoid DaSII at all costs.
>>
>>332916549
DS1, them Bloodborne if you have the time, since 3 comes out in 10 days
>>
File: 1424624057595.png (58 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1424624057595.png
58 KB, 1280x1024
>>332916824
>There isn't a single encounter in the entire game that would require anything more than circle strafing and the occasional roll, yet you fags make it out to be the ultimate test of player skill.
You can say that about every Souls game.
>>
>>332916330
>>332916585
>I'll just post memes, that will show him how wrong he is
>>332916603
Because skiping things in a game is a clear sign of
>>332916676
Yes because killing unarmored hollows carrying broken swords is the same that heavily armored knights wielding swords, shields and spears who can also use magic
>>
>>332916824
>There isn't a single encounter in the entire game that would require anything more than circle strafing and the occasional roll
Dark Souls 1 is 10 times worse in this regard though. The entire game is trivialized as soon as you realize how vulnerable humanoid enemies are to backstab fishing and parrying.
>>
>>332916824
Don't forget that now every game with a slightly more punishing difficulty is "like dark souls". Reading Hyper Light Drifter's reviews made me cringe so hard.
>>
>>332916753
>enemies spammed in it

It is a long hallway, there are 4 enemies in the middle and then at the very end there are three more.

You can fight them 1 or 2 at a time easily, they aren't even hard to kill either. You are a fucking scrub.
>>
>>332916913
Because skiping things in a game is a clear sign of enjoyment*
>>
>>332916913
>heavily armored knights wielding swords, shields and spears who can also use magic
Who can also be lured out one or two at a time and then dispatched easily if you approach slowly and carefully.
But then you throw yourself into the middle of the fray headfirst, get raped, and then come here to bitch about the game being "unfair".
>>
>>332916938
In the other Souls games the developers didn't place a shitload of knights with greatshields to waste your time in the name of muh difficulty. That's literally the worst possible level design you could come up with, its not even design.
>>
>>332917039
That room is so much better in SotfS.
>>
>>332916914
>The entire game is trivialized as soon as you realize how vulnerable humanoid enemies are to backstab fishing
Holy shit, this. I hope DaS3 handles backstabs better in PvE because it was fucking broken in DaS1 (besides bosses that were immune to it). Total invulnerability and INSTANT start up is a retarded combination.
>>
>>332913457
shit taste confirmed
>>
>>332917039
You are a fucking scrub, there are three knights and they are easy to kill.

If this area is to hard for then it just proves how shit you are.
>>
File: Ed9Rspa.png (124 KB, 367x367) Image search: [Google]
Ed9Rspa.png
124 KB, 367x367
I love how the people who shit on Dark Souls 2 sound like complete autists.
>this is shit
>that is shit
>shit game
Nice constructive criticism.None of the games were perfect, but you fucking underage turbovirgins circlejerk about how DS 1 is perfect and shit on DS 2 without being biased as fuck.God i fucking hate this place.
>>
basically everything about this game was ass and i didnt enjoy it at all but the hub was pretty great
>>
>>332917094
It does a similar pre stab animation, only faster (because the whole game is faster) and instead of doing a retarded nudge he stabs them. Invincibility is back along with the old animations.
>>
File: 1439155276959-0.jpg (17 KB, 252x255) Image search: [Google]
1439155276959-0.jpg
17 KB, 252x255
>mfw I like every single Souls game from DeS to DaS2 for what they are and have played through each one at least 8 times
I know you guys are going to shit on me for thinking literally anything positive about DaS2, but fuck you i'm having fun with it.
>>
>>332916794
I don't care about other people's opinions. I'm just saying that I cringed and was frustrated like crazy in a shitload of areas of DS1, and way less in DS2. I was frustrated in that room, the valley of drakes, blightown, duke's archives, new londo, catacombs, THE FUCKING DEPTHS, lower undead burg, lost izalith. Areas where I just wanted to stop playing. I never had that feeling in DS2. Shrine of Amana was hard, but it looked good, music was amazing, and demon of songs was good.
>>
File: 1296376178708.jpg (107 KB, 800x408) Image search: [Google]
1296376178708.jpg
107 KB, 800x408
>>332917234
>Invincibility is back along with the old animations.
God fucking dammit.
>>
>>332917263
this
>>
>>332917293
But anon, DS1 is a perfect game and din do nuffins.
>>
>>332917187
Honestly you DaS2fags literally have one defense for your piece of shit game, no matter how many times I tell you retarded fucks its not hard or even about the difficulty, you always respond with "g-g-git gud scrub ur just bad!". Every. Single. Time.
>>
>>332917207
DS2 autists aren't much better. Just read the thread. Every criticism point brought up is answered with:

>Nu-uh
>no
>better than DS1 :^)
>>
So why is dark souls 3 soo damn easy?

I've watched dsp's stream and he fucking destroyed those abyss watchers, 2nd try. We're talking about DSP here.

The bosses feel like such a damn pushover, what the fuck is from doing with this shit?
>>
>>332917293
Probably because DaS1 was your first game and you were more used to the pacing of the games by the time you played 2.
>>
Forest of the Giants was ugly as fuck
Iron Keep in sotfs was bullshit.

Other than that I thought 2 was great.
>>
>>332917335
I hope you're not shitting on DaS1 backstab animations, the ones in DaS2 were utter garbage.
>>
File: dsp shitting.jpg (18 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
dsp shitting.jpg
18 KB, 311x311
>>332917373
The version he played didn't have a day one patch that makes the game not piss easy.
>>
>>332917359
Who is being defensive? You are complaining about a simple area with easy to kill enemies and making out it is bad level design just because you find it hard.
>>
>>332917187
It has nothing to do with difficulty and everything to do with poor map design and moronic enemy placement. Same with Heide's Tower.
>>
>>332915806
If you liked DeS and DaS1 you're also going to like DaS2. People blow DaS2's bad points way out of proportion while conveniently forgetting all the big improvements it made.

Good:
>more balanced spellcasters and removal of non-scaling pyro, more different spell types, exchanging boss souls for weapons is back
>improved bow and crossbow mechanics; added moving while shooting with regular bows and manual aim with crossbows
>dual wielding mode
>more weight levels
>better crafting system; no gamebreaking non-scaling paths, getting rid of shitty paths and adding new ones like Bleed, Poison etc.
>more ring slots and different rings
>weapon durability matters
>improved covenants and PvP covenants are accessible earlier
>backstab animation improvements
>ability to shield break opponents and start a riposte-like attack
>human form matters in solo play again
>Bonfire ascetics item; increases an area to NG+ and respawns the boss
>Some NG+ / Bonfire ascetic areas get few new things, like loot
>Better balanced Estus flask upgrades instead of kindling bonfires and breaking the game with 10-20 charges from get-go
>better PC port

Bad:
>adding a levelable stat that influences invincibility frames during dodges
>worse level and world design
>worse boss fights
>can't repair and level up at bonfire, have to teleport back to hub (though weapons get automatically repaired at bonfire if they didn't completely break down)
>covenant rewards are even more grindy than DaS1
>no infinite use invasion items for Reds and Blues

Mixed:
>Soul Memory killed low level twinks, but also punishes less skilled players by counting lost souls towards what online tier they're shoved into. Though later on the spacing between tiers are huge so even a few dozen deaths isn't going to fuck you over.

In general DaS2 brought many improvements game mechanics and balance wise, plus had a lot more build variety, but wasn't as memorable from design standpoint.
>>
>>332917359
It's amazing because this is what countless people were answered with when criticizing Dark Souls 1. Came back to bite you in the ass didn't it.
>>
>>332917438
It took DSP three days to get out of Lothric.
>>
>>332917434
They're both utter garbage. I'd be fine with their removal. They almost act as crutches.
>>
It's the only souls game that doesn't turn to shit after the halfway point
>>
>>332917373
He's probably over-leveled as he was in all the previous Souls games.
>>
>>332917445
I know this is probably impossible for your retarded mind to comprehend at this point, but please try. I'm not complaining about difficulty, not in any fucking way. I'm complaining about a room, a large empty room with knights placed in it.

>>332917495
DaS1 is great though, DaS2 is pure garbage.
>>
>>332917017
Remember that part in Lost Izalith were you get the chaos ember?
Theres like 10 taurus demons you have to kill but it's not that hard, all you have to do is pull them one by one, similar to the area before Seath. Was it fun? Why is this same set up in so many areas in DaS 2?
>>
>>332917434
The backstab animations themselves were better in 1 but the way backstabs worked mechanically was cancer that shouldn't have been brought back. I have no idea why they keep adding that shit mechanic back into the games.
>>
File: 1396380025918.jpg (8 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
1396380025918.jpg
8 KB, 226x223
DS3 is already out and turned out to be a proper DS2 we never got. DS3 scrapped a few good mechanics that DS2 introduced, remade them and threw the rest into a garbage bin it belongs to. It's time to forget this horrible abomination. It's been two years already. Let it go.
>>
>those horrible sound effects in ds2
>those overdone WOOSHes when you swing a weapon or jump
just why. re using old sounds would have been waaaay better and thats saying something considering how against the dumb re hashing the series can be plagued with i usually am
>>
>>332917438
does that decrease the health of the bosses too?

>>332917585
he's not. He's dumping shit into dex while usin a str scaling weapon and has almost base vit. Still destroyed most bosses.

I get it with the 1st boss, but it got really shitty afterwards.
>>
I started up Dark Souls 1 the other day, plan on making a final SL1 run before DS3 releases (pcfag here) and holy shit, can't believe I haven't played it for so long. Mostly been playing DS2 recently and I think I finally realized why I dislike DS2

>not a seamless world like des or ds1
>areas make no sense and are bland and just plain uninteresting
>nothing ever made me say "wow" like in ds1, for example the anor londo cutscene
>weapons and upgrades casualised
>the fucking soul vessels, i mean, come the fuck on
>soul memory and the pvp being ass all around, played over 500 hours pvp in ds1, maybe 10 hours in ds2
>lackluster characters and story
>this might be subjective, but the way weapon swings, e.g going backwards but locked on to a target in front of you, press r1 and character fucking u-turns
>sotfs's enemy replacement, ffs fromsoft
>no incentive to do ng+ because of ascetics

I could go on but I'm just getting more and more pissed so I better stop
>>
>>332917476
How is it bad design?

It is a long hallway, there are a few enemies in the middle and a few at the end.
This is pretty basic level design, it has been done the same way in many games.

But this is DS2 and autists like you have to shit on it to fit in on /v/. Do you feel like you fit in now?
>>
The huge reduction of i-frames and the addition of tracking to "fix" the backstab fishing of DaS 1 revealed the huge flaws of the souls combat system.
They tried another approach in BB which was okay for PvE but completely destroyed the little PvP it had.

>>332917480
>bad bosses
care to explain? in regards to mechanics I found them on par with DaS1 if not even better in some cases.
>>
>>332917686
DS2 also almost completely lacks ambiance of any kind past few early locations. Going into Central Yharnam and hearing all those spooky sounds and wind howling was a blessing after a year in DS2.
>>
>>332917375
Actually, I started with 1 but played with kb+m and stopped at anor londo, it gave me AIDS. Then I got a noname controller, played 2, replayed 1, played 2, then 1 then 2 then 1, then Bloudbourne then 2 and yesterday I played some 1.

And the more I play DS1, the less I like it. The more I play 2 and BB, the more I like it.

I like the game, a lot, but for me it's so flawed all the time, everywhere that I simply cannot consider it better than 2.
>>
>>332917609
>a large empty room with knights placed in it.
But it isn't a large empty room, it is a long hallway with enemies in the middle and at the end of it.

It isn't even empty, you are just talking shit.
>>
>>332912373
>fan pandering
Good thing DaS 3 is so much better then. Have another (You) OP.
>>
>>332917207
Goodbye, we won't miss you. It's not like we are short in massive faggots.
>>
>>332917707
>the fucking soul vessels, i mean, come the fuck on
What could possibly be wrong with Soul Vessels? All they do is allow you to re-distribute stats without having to start a new game?
>>
File: animu.jpg (864 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
animu.jpg
864 KB, 1920x1080
>>332917709
>>332913443
>>332913962
STOP

ANIMU GIRLS TIME
>>
>>332917707
>des
>seamless world

uh huh
>>
>>332917609
>DaS1 is great though
In many ways it's also total garbage. Bringing that up resulted in a bunch of people desperately yelling "git gud". Enjoying it, you faggot?
>>
>>332917898
Those are some pointy boobs
>>
>>332917814
DS3 is a proper DS1 sequel so it has a right to have direct throwbacks to the lore of DS1.
DS2 is not. It had mindless, meaningless pandering that had nothing to do with a present story or setting like the old dragonslayer.
>>
>>332917359
dark souls 2 fans are fucking stupid man
>>
>>332917832
Ok this might be personal preference but I really disliked them. Sure, you don't need to use them but one thing I liked about DS1 was to plan characters out, being OCD about stat gains and level ups. I didn't like being able to reset progress, and it makes the incentive to create new characters insignificant.
>>
>>332917945
>it's okay when miyazaki does
Sure thing faggot.
>>
>>332917809
Not to mention he keeps citing it as "bad level design" as if the entire game is exactly the same, when in reality it's just the final stretch of an already lengthy level near the very end of the game right before an important boss.
DeS did something similar with one of its penultimate levels but I don't see anybody giving it shit for that. But that's because nobody played DeS.
>>332917971
Yeah, that's definitely you. Only you. I've never seen someone criticize Soul Vessels and it's often one of the few positive things people bother to name about the game.
>>
File: The staircase.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The staircase.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>332917809
>it is a long hallway with enemies in the middle and at the end of it.
That's not even remotely a good thing you absolute fucking retard.

>>332917941
DaS1 didn't have the same amateurish mistakes and shit gameplay and shit level design and shit pandering.
>>
>>332918019
It's okay when Miyazaki does it right.
>>
File: vagina.jpg (53 KB, 600x283) Image search: [Google]
vagina.jpg
53 KB, 600x283
d1-Best
d2-Good
d3-Garbarge

Now were have i heard this before
>>
>>332917831
Yeah as long as people like you will be on this board, this board will never be short in massive faggots.
>>
>>332917971
Why do you want it to be significant? After a few playthroughs, the Souls games are devoid of any challenge or excitement and become very tedious to play through. It's not like you can just rush past everything either because you'd wanna pick up a bunch of items, which is tedious as all hell.
>>
>>332918026
>That's not even remotely a good thing you absolute fucking retard.

And why exactly is it a bad thing?
>>
>>332912580
soulstards everyone
>>
>>332917706
From what I've heard DS3 ramps up in difficulty significantly. Keep in mind this is Phil we're talking about, the same guy that couldn't kill Quelag without 2 summons.
>>
>>332916824
>>332916890
>>332916914
>>332916930

nigga, you dont understand, dark souls is a psychological game meant to fuck with the player and induce panic and fear, once you win your fears it becomes a beautifully easy game

except for fucking DS2 where difficulty was the main focus and not the beautiful meaning of the game if you got the link the fire ending which for me means i had to give my soul so that humanity and destruction will never get born, maining a paladin thats on a pilgrimage for self sacrifice made the game for me
>>
>>332917942
You are not allowed to touch them.
>>
>>332914846
>But in one of those decadent houses there is the lordvessel, in the other one of the best NPC From has ever made (the cat), and the sinkhole leads to the reincarnation of Nito and a better version of blightown. There's also best souls girl and crestfallen warrior.

i love ur fanfiction vaati
>>
>>332918026
It most definitely had the same amateurish mistakes and shit gameplay and shit level design, unless you're one of those delusional fucks that thinks anything after Sen's Fortress is enjoyable.
>>
File: 1439155208610-2.jpg (9 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1439155208610-2.jpg
9 KB, 284x284
>>332918104
>nigga, you dont understand, dark souls is a psychological game meant to fuck with the player and induce panic and fear
Holy fucking Christ I hope you aren't serious.
I love Dark Souls but it's just a fucking video game man.
>>
>>332918086
Because a straight line isn't level design.
>>
>>332918186
It's ONE fucking room at the end of a long level. It's not even the entire level.
>>
File: 1413036667241.png (679 KB, 617x843) Image search: [Google]
1413036667241.png
679 KB, 617x843
>>332917263
Pretty much this

Despite the flaws and the things people nitpick on, I had alot fun with all the games.
>>
>>332918173
Got to love how Das2fags have gotten so defensive its gone from everything after the lord vessel to everything after Sens.

>>332918225
A long level that featured two giant knights in a hallway with greatshields, you then fell into a pit full of infinitely spawning enemies and inch high rocks you get stuck on.
>>
>>332918178
im sorry, i made a mistake, my whole post was just what the game meant for me, i shouldnt have claimed it be like that

sorry mate

please dont let my comment anger you
>>
>>332918306
Anor Londo usually gets a pass because it looks nice and has a good boss fight. Besides that it's a barren, repetitive area.
>>
>>332918306
>you then fell into a pit full of infinitely spawning enemies and inch high rocks you get stuck on.

You mean the room that you can run straight out of if you know which door to go through before any enemies appear?
>>
>>332914734
Sounds about right
>>
>>332918319
Passive-aggressiveness won't save you from being an autistic fuck who loves the game way too much for his own good.
>>
>>332918456
i wasnt being passive aggresive, please just accept my apology
>>
>>332918428
Fuck me for not reading the retarded level designers mind to determine that, another great area you're better off running through.
>>
>>332917480
>Better balanced Estus flask upgrades instead of kindling bonfires and breaking the game with 10-20 charges from get-go
So instead of 10-20 charges you have 12 flasks that continue to heal you even if you get hit mid-chugging, 3 stacks of 99 lifegems basic versions of which can be bought infinitely, 99 divine blessings, mushrooms, dragon charms, crimson water and dried roots.
I sure love how balanced it is.
>>
>>332918123
You can't touch anime girls anyway
>>
DaS2 is easy to attack because for some reason the B-team got almost every single thing wrong, for all of the obvious improvements that they've done like the ability to use multiple souls at once.

For example, the animation for opening chests is way longer than it was in DaS1 and this seemingly little thing drives me fucking insane every time I play. Or that you can destroy chests which serves no purpose other than to annoy you when you destroy one and turn the insides into rubbish.

The only relatively good part of this game (disregarding DLC, which is the one saving grace of the title) is probably the character creation since it seems a bit more sorted out and you can make something that looks sort of remotely human.
>>
>>332918563
W-wait anon, what are you trying to tell me?
>>
>>332918601
>you can make something that looks sort of remotely human
hopefully pic is not related
>>
>>332918669
The body proportions are worse than in DaS1 but the faces are infinitely better.
>>
>>332912373
>he thinks that souls games have stories
>he plays souls games for the """lore"""
t. Vaatividya
>>
>>332918669
if you think this is bad, you should've seen my DaS1 characters
>>
>>332918717
>faces are infinitely better
hopefully pic is not related
>>
>>332918601
The pc version runs very well also. The feature to hide ui was very sleek too. Something how it should be in every game.
>>
>>332918723
Well every game in the series that isn't DaS2 has a simple story with convoluted lore, DaS2 has a convoluted story and shitty lore that tries too hard to be convoluted.
>>
>>332918814
You're delusional if you think DaS1's character creator is anything good.
You can make better-looking characters in DeS for crying out loud.
>>
>>332917769
>care to explain? in regards to mechanics I found them on par with DaS1 if not even better in some cases.
Recycling content (especially in Sunken King DLC) or few awful boss fights like The Ancient Dragon or Vendrick that one or two shot you even with high VGR while having shittons of HP themselves and huge AoE in case of the Dragon. Many of the other bosses were just guys in armor and not that interesting or different from each other gameplay wise. In general it felt like that were also a lot of filler bosses, though DaS2 did also have its share of few great boss fights.

Not that DaS1 was free of recycling either, with shit like the Asylum Demon but in general it felt like there were less boss fights, but they were more unique. Quality over quantity.

>>332918540
>So instead of 10-20 charges you have 12 flasks that continue to heal you even if you get hit mid-chugging
You can get interrupted, I don't know what you're talking about. Also your Estus flasks start at 1, which you can upgrade as you find new shards as you explore the game more. It's way more balanced than instantly having 10-20 uses.
>3 stacks of 99 lifegems basic versions of which can be bought infinitely, 99 divine blessings, mushrooms, dragon charms, crimson water and dried roots.
Literally no one goes to grind the other healing items unless they're doing no bonfires / no deaths run, as like you yourself confirmed they can't be purchased infinitely. The 99 stack is only true for basic life gems, and it isn't such a huge issue since their heal is so small and slow compared to Estus. Even if they stack you have to time your heals many more times rather than just quickly taking one or two Estus sips. During boss fights this is a fuckhuge difference.
>>
>>332912695
>2010+10-4
>still defending this shit
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.