[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Vivec acquired CHIM, why is it possible to kill him in game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 44
File: 196428-mw_creature_vivec.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
196428-mw_creature_vivec.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
If Vivec acquired CHIM, why is it possible to kill him in game? Can't he just will you away from existence?
>>
>>332911610
He knows that the Nerevarine has it too and respects you as an equal.
>>
>>332911610
Because of free will
>>
He aquired CHIM after the events in Morrowind.
>>
>>332911789
Your face will acquire my fist, in a moment.
>>
>Kill Vivec
>He's still in the game files
>Waiting for you to restart the game
>>
>>332911701
Is using console commands the power of CHIM?
>>
>>332911914
yes
>>
>>332911610
He's bullshitting you.
>>
>>332911610
He lied. He didn't acquire CHIM, the Heart of Lorkhan was what gave him his powers. CHIM was a way to see his Godhood as legitimate so that the people would still serve him. If they realized his power came from a weakening bond to dead God in a mountain he would've been overthrown.
>>
>>332911914
Kirkbridists would argue you over that but basically yeah
>>
>>332911914
no, CHIM is realizing that you are just part of a dream, but keeping your personality together to keep existing.
>>
>>332911914
sort of

i think chim would allow you to do more because console commands are limited, like you would literally be able to shape the entire land of morrowind into anything you wanted if you had chim
>>
>>332912108
so..the Creation Kit + Console command?
>>
>>332912108
Technically you could theoretically almost do all that with console commands. The only thing you wouldn't be able to do is edit the ground. You could still spawn/move around rock formations, buildings, cities, etc. with console commands.
>>
>>332912108
Well that's kind of what modding can do
>>
If you kill a person with CHIM you may kill their corporeal body but their thoughts and personality are immortal in the dream.
Though gaining your body back from that state might be hard.
>>
>>332911845
what if you mod him out of the game?
mods are true CHIM
>>
>>332912178
yeah but you could change all of the actual assets

like instead of morrowind being a bunch of shrooms you could make it a bunch of Caribbean islands, for example

in that sense i guess modding would be more appropriate, only it would be instantaneous modding, as in things that would take years to make would be done in an instant
>>
>>332911610
because he isnt chim
he may realize what chim is but he isnt chim, he just has the power of the heart of lorkhan
>>
File: damn N'wah.jpg (81 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
damn N'wah.jpg
81 KB, 400x380
First of all Vehk wants to get punished for what he did to Nerevar, and he absolutely did kill him together with rest of Almsivi because If the appropriate word from each book is taken (i.e.: the first word from book 1, the sixty-eighth from book 2, the three hundred and sixty-fourth from book 36, etc.) and assemble them according to Sermon 36, a secret message is revealed
>He was not born a god. His destiny did not lead him to this crime. He chose this path of his own free will. He stole the godhood and murdered the Hortator. Vivec wrote this.
But again through the narrative of sermons long before he even kills him you can understand that he knows that he will have to kill him an he is teaching him/will teach him secrets of Aurbis.
Nerevarine "killing" Vivec is an important mythopoetic and Enantiomorphic event that in many ways is good and right for Vivec.

Now that we left personal reasoning behind this.

CHIM does not mean you can not be killed or that you are actually omnipotent, it simply means that you fully understand the way Aurbis works through Anui-El, SIthis and stretching all the way to ANU the Everything. You've seen the tower and the wheel, so now you mind and self is both all encompassing because all of reality is part of the same thing, and you also mange to retain your identity after realizing that you essentially don't exist.

Using CHIM openly results in many paradoxical events on Aurbis many of them are pretty fucking harmful and most importantly there is always danger of losing your identity and simply Zero-Summing, poof you are gone.

Next up is death when you are anything above mortal in TES. Understand the following, you have never EVER killed a single Daedra, they simply return to waters of Oblivion and reform there once they are banished. That is true for all Ada, all of them are unkillable one way or another, beatable but not killable. When mortal reaches apotheosis he is the same, here is what Vivec states about his own state (cont)
>>
File: fyranneloth.png (313 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
fyranneloth.png
313 KB, 900x1200
>>332913451
>It is like being a juggler. Things are always moving, and you learn to know where they are without even thinking about it. Only there are many, many things moving. And sometimes, like any juggler, you drop something. I'm afraid it has become a lot more a matter of dropping things lately. There's too much to do, and not enough time, and I'm losing my touch. Perhaps I'm growing old
>It is a bit like being at once awake and asleep. Awake, I am here with you, thinking and talking. Asleep, I am very, very busy. Perhaps for other gods, the completely immortal ones, it is only like that being asleep. Out of time. Me, I exist at once inside of time and outside of it.
>It's nice never being dead, too. When I die in the world of time, then I'm completely asleep. I'm very much aware that all I have to do is choose to wake. And I'm alive again. Many times I have very deliberately tried to wait patiently, a very long, long time before choosing to wake up. And no matter how long it feels like I wait, it always appears, when I wake up, that no time has passed at all. That is the god place. The place out of time, where everything is always happening, all at once
So as you can see he gives no shit about death in the first place, only creatures that do fear death are mortals that are trapped via Mundus and even then a lot of Wizards find a way to actually become unkillable/immortal, for example Mannimarco.

Now as to final question, does Vivec actually have CHIM or is he only juiced up on Heart of Lorkhan? There is no concrete answer but he absolutely has full understanding of CHIM which means that there is no way he would not Zero-Sum or achieve it.
There are only two possibilities, he has CHIM or because he is currently a deity juiced by actual powers of creatia he can not achieve CHIM until he descends back to mortal level, so he is currently in state of PSJJJ Endeavor.
Many things including Trials of Vivec suggest the second.
>>
>>332911914
CHIM is not console commands, all of that is based on an old shitty "Metaphysics of Morrowind" forum thread some faggot did. He used old and lacking information to create what was an okay hypothesis for that time, but with Commentaries on M Xarxes and other books post Morrowind and input from Kirkbride we know that it's not that, at least it was never intended to be console commands.
>>
>>332912068
Well, that dream is realized entirely within the computer running the program. So long as the Godhead isn't more closely defined you'll always have people argue that the program is the dream and control over the program equates to CHIM.
>>
File: 1441901750053.png (216 KB, 432x413) Image search: [Google]
1441901750053.png
216 KB, 432x413
>>332913451
fucking nerd
>>
>>332911610
>*Vivec teleports behind Azura*
>-Hehh... we finally meet again >:)
>*Vivec buttrapes Azura*
>-Nothing personel... whore
>*Vivec teleports away*
>>
>>332912006
>He lied. He didn't acquire CHIM, the Heart of Lorkhan was what gave him his powers.
He never stated he acquired CHIM, nor did he have to lie about having Godhood from anything other than Heart because everyone knew about him and Heart of Lorkhan. Information about CHIM is accessible for very few who can piece Sermons together and even then it's extremely hard for those who in Aurbis itself because unlike us they can't go into some strange stasis to view their universe from different angle and read all of the books that exist in said universe.
>CHIM was a way to see his Godhood as legitimate so that the people would still serve him
Literally no one knows about CHIM properly, it is obscure metaphysical knowledge and even that old Ehlnofex word is used extremely rarely by only the craziest and most sneakiest scholars like Mankar.
>If they realized his power came from a weakening bond to dead God in a mountain he would've been overthrown.
Again everyone knew about Heart of Lorkhan, they did not know the bond was weakening and all the dirty details of the whole thing but they knew the gist of it.

Generally people do not know anything about metaphysics in universe, they do not know how planes, how aspects work, what is an Enantiomorph, what Anui-El and Sithis actually are, how Et'Ada and Ada work, what CHIM is, what is Tower and Wheel etc.greatest of scholars might have information on couple of those but only the oldest Psijic monks and Mirror Logicians have anywhere near the understanding of the universe that we as players and lorefags outside of that universe have.
>>
File: fuckatosh.png (69 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
fuckatosh.png
69 KB, 300x300
>>332913904
Guilty as charged
>>
>>332913904
shut up bird you can't even play video games
>>
So is it canon to play Morrowind using consoles cheats?

Why would you play it fairly, then?
>>
>>332912207
It takes almost no effort for a daedra to restore its body, I doubt it will be a trouble for a CHIMster
>>
>>332914281
>>332913740
>>
>>332912068
Yeah. But why would realizing you're in a dream gives you power over it ?

That whole lucid dreaming business is a fucking scam for retards.
>>
>>332914497
>scam
Are you retarded? There is nothing secret or scamish about lucid dreaming, majority of people I know have done it accidentally once it twice, me myself included. As to why you gain control, probably because you realize that everything around you is part of you consciousness and you can shift it like your imagination.
>>
>>332914497
>That whole lucid dreaming business is a fucking scam for retards.
wut.
Have you ever had a lucid dream?
If you're dreaming and you realize it, you do actually gain some control. You can't literally do anything you want, the dream is still going on on its own, but if you're smart enough, you know how to influence it/yourself so that you have control over it.
>>
>>332913740

We're quoting Mankar Camoran now? The faggot who gets every fundamental aspect of mortal reality wrong and can't even tell planes of Oblivion apart?
>>
>>332914839
The guy that got everything absolutely correct and managed to name every single plane of Oblivions Enantiomorphic mirror plane, yes.
>>
>>332914839
>>332914872
>Peryite to Quagmire. Meridia to Coldharbour. Moonshadow to Mephala
Think about it faggot, each of these realms are enantiomorphic mirrors of the actual Princes realms, hell I hate to quote ESO in this but the fact that Meridia is mirror enemy of Molag Bal is hammered into your head every five seconds.
>>
Isn't CHIM basically ripping off the Determination from Undertale?
>>
>>332915110
Bad bait famalam
>>
>>332914872
>>332915023
Mankar is an absolute madman, he sculpted his own fucking nymic with the Razor to become a dragon.
>>
>chim
you fags are autistic and very stupid
>>
>>332914737
>>332914820
>If you're dreaming and you realize it, you do actually gain some control.

No.
>>
>>332911610

CHIM has limits, the dream is enormous in scope but some things are too drastic, it would be jarring for the dreamer to change them.

The Nerevarine is a god, something too ingrained in the reality of the dream to simply will away.

For the same reason, Vivec can't just use CHIM to get rid of Dagoth Ur or a Daedric Prince or someone of comparable influence.

That's how I see it anyway.
>>
>>332915110
>I'm 19 and I've already wasted my entire life
>>
>>332915338
Hahaha, well memed.
>>
File: Ruffalos my jimmies.jpg (164 KB, 1177x1002) Image search: [Google]
Ruffalos my jimmies.jpg
164 KB, 1177x1002
>Don't even remotely give a shit about TESO
>Look up shit about it off of curiosity
>Literally recycling Cyrodiil in add-ons

What the fuck went wrong
>>
>>332915341
He couldn't change it because he couldn't shake the thought that they actually deserved what was happening.
To use CHIM you have to truly believe in the reality you wan't to impose.
>>
>>332915341
Daedric Princes actually can't be erased even if CHIMster tried because Et'Ada are actually part of WHeel and Tower.
>>
>>332913653
Except the problem with this is mortals advance to a aedra plane just like the daedra like dremora go to a plain of oblivion or whatever daedra lord summoned them. most people in the ES universe don't fear death it's all massive epic battle tons slaughtered ect. all the time. all the cultures spend more time fighting and organizing to fight than anything else in the game, which is fine it's a fantasy universe, real life is different.
vivec wasn't that powerful the tribunal was losing their powers and using what was left of it mostly to hold up the ghost fence.
The entire chim thing is just to explain the warp in the west. I really doubt the future games are going to do anything besides retcon previous things in the series because it's becoming less of an RPG and more of an action game so the entire chim thing is going to be moot.

I'm starting to think the people that say elder scrolls isn't an RPG anymore are right. Skill effecting what you can do is done in such a weird way. Like in real life, or if you read a story in the books you find in game anyone could pick up and iron dagger or sword and kill someone. In game you pick up iron dagger or sword and it becomes obsolete really quick, being skilled in it just boosts your damage but really doesn't do anything skillful a person without skill could barely injure a mudcrab with it. There's no skill involved just damage boosts it doesn't really alter what your character can do like an RPG it just changes how much more damage/hitpoints/armor the enemies you get showing up to scale with higher damage.
>>
>>332915528
>To use CHIM you have to truly believe in the reality you wan't to impose.
That is an assumption, we do not actually know what you need to use CHIM. All we know is that having CHIM requires strong determination and egocentrism, rest is conjecture.
Though it's a possibly assumption.
>>
>>332915338
I guess this might just be fucking bait, but there were studies done.
REM (rapid eye movement) sleep is when we usually have our most vivid dreams. The reason why it's called REM, is because during the time, our eyes move frantically, because we're dreaming and moving our eyes inside the dream, and the eyes are one of the parts of the body that don't get paralyzed.
The study found a person who claimed to be able to lucid dream, hooked him up to some brain scanners (I don't exactly know how they do that shit).
Before the fucker went to sleep they agreed that if he goes on to become lucid, he would just stand there in the dream and move his eyes slowly from one side to the other.
Guess what fucking happened. He fell asleep, wen't on to REM sleep, his eyes were moving frantically, until they started to move slowly from one side to the other. The brain scan thingy still showed that he's in REM sleep.
>>
>>332915584
>Except the problem with this is mortals advance to a aedra plane just like the daedra like dremora go to a plain of oblivion or whatever
That's wrong. Mortals are Ada bound to Mundus, when they die they can not be revived, the tie to their mortal body is destroyed and one of the souls trifolds gets trapped in Daedric Plane, some realm of Dreamsleeve or just gets recycled into a new soul. Daedra literally do not die, their body and soul are one because they are Ada, they just return to their home, regenerate and are back up. Vivec states similar experiences about Godhood in the post that you replied to.
>vivec wasn't that powerful the tribunal was losing their powers and using what was left of it mostly to hold up the ghost fence.
We do not know how powerful or weak Vivec was, he is the guy that literally placed a rock above Vvardenfell to explode it in case people stop believing in him. Do you trust any motivation or anything that this guy showcases/says? How powerful or how weak he is can be judged only by other sources, and since I am inclined to believe Trials of Vivec I believe in his CHIM.
>The entire chim thing is just to explain the warp in the west
Okay, so you are ignorant of lore. Dragonbreak was the event created for Warp in The West, CHIM was created in Morrowind for Morrowind by Kirkbride and Kuhlmann and CHIM has appeared and was expanded upon both in Oblivion and it's expansions and Skyrim and it's expansions. There is at least one text regarding it in each new game and expansion.

>Talk about dumbing down of TES
That's true and all, but do not talk about lore out of your ass.
>>
>>332913904
wow, the inside of a birds' beak looks disgusting
>>
>>332911610
How much of TES lore do people count as canon?
>>
File: 1441859387032.jpg (42 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1441859387032.jpg
42 KB, 400x323
Doesn't Vivec mention somewhere in his sermons that the Nerevarine will kill him over and over again in every playthrough?
>>
>>332917329
Something like that.
He knows he did something he considers evil or wrong, whatever, and he wants Nerevar 2.0 to spank him.
>>
daily reminder that bethesda put in an incomplete early draft of mankar camoran's dialogue which is why the shit he came out with made no sense
>>
>>332911610
He was lying. Why are we so quick to believe everything video game characters say when in real life everyone is a huge lying faggot?
>>
>>332915902
source?
this sounds really interesting
>>
>>332917540
does he ever state that he was chim though?
i dont think he ever does
>>
>>332913653
who is the wizard in this pic? fyran? who is that?
>>
>>332915338
First lucid dream I had I burst out the window of the room I was in and flew like superman, then I raped a girl and I beat up five guys.

Literally the only reason people learn lucid dreams is BECAUSE you gain full control.
>>
good threads bump
>>
>>332917712
He doesn't

Him being a chimichanga is something that's only suggested after the events of Morrowind in the books as far as I'm aware
>>
>>332918124
can you spawn in stuff in a lucid dream, like people or objects?
>>
These threads remind that that I need to play Oblivion, but I never actually do.
So thank you for reminding me to play Oblivion before I decide not to play it again.
>>
File: 1431293766293.jpg (216 KB, 710x886) Image search: [Google]
1431293766293.jpg
216 KB, 710x886
>>332919898

You can do anything. In my case, the challenge is maintaining focus, but simultaneously relaxing. Too much focus and I wake up. Too relaxed and I lose lucidity and it's just a normal dream again. Going lucid just happens to me randomly, though, I haven't tried developing a technique for it or anything. Doesn't happen often at all, maybe once or twice a year.

Fittingly, it's bedtime.
>>
>>332918050
That's Neloth and the most based of all wizards; Divayth Fyr. Known for creating a cure for the blight part of Corprus, retaining the divine aspects of it such as immunity to disease and age. He also made four female clones of himself that act as servants and wives whilst still calling themselves his daughters (or daughter-wives). He's probably old enough to remember what it was like being a chimer aswell, since one of his daughter-wives claims he's over 4,000.
>>
>>332921943
>He also made four female clones of himself that act as servants and wives whilst still calling themselves his daughters (or daughter-wives)
He knows how to live.
>>
File: 1457206641967.jpg (35 KB, 207x204) Image search: [Google]
1457206641967.jpg
35 KB, 207x204
>>332922370
You better believe it.
>>
CHIM was only a inner joke between the developers to justify how the player character could use the console comands.
>>
File: 1458155532605.jpg (475 KB, 1148x1246) Image search: [Google]
1458155532605.jpg
475 KB, 1148x1246
>>332922816
Heresy.
>>
Is the Nervarine the strongest protag in TES series?
>>
>>332923128
Nerevarine*
>>
>>332923128
Well in Oblivion you literally become Sheogorath so I dunno

Then again Nerevarine has potions
>>
>>332923315
That's in one of the expansions, iirc. Is there evidence that it is "canon"?
>>
any skyrim mod that would let me shoot phoenix shaped fireball that would incinerate everything in front of me?
>>
>>332923638
Projectspark.jpg
>>
>>332911610
His death just turns into the pattern of his life again. He's trapped in some crystal right now, probably getting raped by molag bal some more. He comes back later and marries lorkhan or something after the timeline is all fucked up and nirn rekt by the dwemer robot if you believe c0da.
>>
>>332923128
Either him or Cyrus.
>>
File: magnificent.webm (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
magnificent.webm
2 MB, 1024x768
>>332923128
Strongest by in-game strength goes to Nerevarine by far. Strongest by lore would go to Cyrus/A'tor, according to Kirkbride's TES power rankings which placed the HoonDing in second behind Talos.
>>
>>332924142
Is Redguard any good?
>>
>>332914497
>has never experienced a lucid dream

Get a load of this pleb!
>>
>>332924142
Yeah but that's only when he mantles the HoonDing, when he needs to make way.
>>
>>332923448
Why wouldn't it be? It's an official expansion that ties up the story of the Champion of Cyrodiil.

It didn't exactly help that ESO had Sheogorath look just like the CoC-version that showed up in Skyrim rather than the Sheogorath we met in Oblivion.
>>
File: Nafaalilargus.jpg (3 MB, 2880x2160) Image search: [Google]
Nafaalilargus.jpg
3 MB, 2880x2160
>>332925284
It is if you can get it to run at a decent framerate. Emulating it on most modern systems will get pretty choppy, especially in town. The controls are rather bad, too. The combat mechanics themselves are actually pretty good, but the poor controls and inconsistent performance might make it too frustrating to enjoy.

Story/characters/dialogue are great. Voice acting is very good for the main characters and fucking atrocious for most other characters.

Ultimately it comes down to why you want to play it and what system you're running it on. If you want to play it for the lore or just as a TES fan then you won't be disappointed despite the issues. If you want to play it for its own sake as an adventure game then you'll only enjoy it if you can get good performance out of it, which means running it in a VM with hardware acceleration, building an old PC with an actual Voodoo card, or having a very powerful CPU.
>>
>>332925596
That's assuming he mantled it at all, it's left ambiguous
>>
>>332923128
In-game: Yes.
Lore-wise: That would probably be Dragonborn. Since he's a Shezzarine than mantled Talos Did I get that right
One could argue that it's CoC, but Sheogorath don't count and Talos > Pelin-El 3000
>>
>>332922370
>Divayth Fyr is 4000 years old and his dick still works
>>
>>332926442
>Dragonborn mantled Talos
literally where is this mentioned
also mantling a person with CHIM feels kind of futile
>>
>>332926442
Shezzarines are aspects of Shor/Lorkhan.
Talos was one, but I dont remember where it's stated that the Dragonborn mantled him.

Talos was a huge pedo faggot with a dark mer fetish anyway, the arcturian heresy never 4get
>>
>>332927281
MK says the Arcturian Heresy was the worst thing he had ever written and in a way discounted it with Tiber Septim's Sword-Meeting with Cyrus, where Cyrus slits his throat instead.
>>
File: 55htgvr.jpg (138 KB, 845x946) Image search: [Google]
55htgvr.jpg
138 KB, 845x946
>>332927281
This is why Talos is God.

He knows where it's at.
>>
>>332926902
>>332927281
My TES-lore is really rusty.

But isn't it confirmed that DB is a Shezzarine.
And the Talos mantling should be him uniting Skyrim under one ruler and against the dominion(?)

But I can't find any real source and are staring to believe that I'm pulling this out of my ass.
>>
>>332927598
Good thing that thanks to c0da as long as I think it's canon it is :^)
>>
Who's more hateable, the Camonna Tong or the Thalmor? I killed both on sight
>>
File: whitestrake.png (132 KB, 550x281) Image search: [Google]
whitestrake.png
132 KB, 550x281
>>332927660
>>
Is there a real time combat mod for Morrowind?
>>
>>332928804
are you implying its turn based
because its not
>>
>>332928804
The combat is real-time, the hit chance is just roll based. Keep in mind that Morrowind came out right inbetween the end of the cRPG and the rise of the action-RPG, so it's like a weird bastard child of both. You're better off seeing it as a real-time-with-pause RPG á la Baldur's Gate (but without the pause) than something like Skyrim.
>>
>>332929589
It is turn based in practice though, since there is an ideal interval between each hit at given stamina level, as well as no reason to move in or out of the fight.
>>
>>332928804
Morrowind combat is real time, so I assume what you're asking is if there's one that removes the accuracy mechanic and adds more mechanics directly under the player's control. In that case there's a few out there. There are two that are pretty comprehensive and make combat much more action-based:

Gratuitous Violence
http://www.tesgeneral.com/#!trainwizmorrowindguide/c1ul1

Oblivion like combat tweaks
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1513002-rel-oblivion-like-combat-tweaks-part-of-men-project/

Be careful if you look at any other mods. Ones that just advertise that they remove missing without adding any other features (such as the popular Accurate Attacks mod) actually remove the combat system entirely and leave nothing in its place. Using a mod like that makes every weapon skill and several combat-related magic effects completely useless. You could get a similar result by simply opening the console and setting all your weapon skills to 500 or more.
>>
>>332917169
dunno, but even speculating about it is more interesting than playing the games itself
>>
>>332929812
Depends on what weapon you're using. If you're using a strong and heavy weapon then you want to move out whenever you hit while your opponent is stunned so you can have the attack fully charged by the time they close the distance again. When using a spear or polearm you always want to keep your opponent at mid range so you're safe from counterattacks. Likewise with projectile weapons and long range. The only time you don't want to move is when you've got a fast weapon, fighting exactly one opponent, and that opponent is not casting any target-type spells.
>>
File: Fuck magic.jpg (442 KB, 1060x1171) Image search: [Google]
Fuck magic.jpg
442 KB, 1060x1171
Daily reminder the Argonians and the Hist are the most OP thing in The Elder Scrolls and nobody talks about it because they're all too busy jerking off the Dunmer, AKA "My wife's son is half argonian ever since the red year, but it's okay because at least Vivec loves us. Oh wait."
>>
In TES, how are you supposed to realize/know that the world is a dream? How do you figure it out?
>>
>>332930963
IT JUST WORKS
>>
>>332930821
Nobody talks about it because there's not much to talk about compared to the rest of TES lore. They're mysterious, powerful, and probably eldritch abominations in tree form. Cool. Dunmer are the most frequent topic of discussion only because they're the most fleshed out culture in the lore.
>>
>a chim thread
>on /v/ post gamergate and fappening and gen8 bs
Might be hope left after all
>>
>>332930963
There are enough clues and evidence that any academic can figure it out, but CHIM isn't just about having an "oh, I'm in a dream" epiphany. It really takes some profoundly deep reflection and subconscious understanding of the nature of not existing, being sure beyond all reasonable doubt of that being the case, and then being egotistical enough to still insist on your existence.
>>
File: 1456854269290.jpg (131 KB, 432x561) Image search: [Google]
1456854269290.jpg
131 KB, 432x561
>>332931542
Yeah, I was really surprised this wasn't on /tg/.
>>
>>332931814
>>332931542
First month here?
>>
>>332931814
Nope. But I've seen only two good ES threads so far in 2016, so forgive me for being pessimistic about the state of discussion /v/.
>>
>>332932223
That was supposed to be aimed at >>332931907
>>
Non-TESfag here. The fuck is CHIM?
>>
>>332930821
>Armies of Daedra couldn't stop the Argonians.
>House Redoran did

Dunmer power. Those fucking lizards will get theirs.
>>
>>332931798
So people stop existing if they "only" figure it out? Have people seen others just vanish like that after coming to the realization and failing to continue existing? That would be spooky.
>>
>>332932360
CHIM is love.
>>
>>332932459
People who zero-sum exit the dream as if they never existed in the first place. There would be no evidence of it even happening, which is why we can only assume that there are a number of individuals throughout the ages who have reached that end.
>>
>>332932630
>People who zero-sum exit the dream as if they never existed in the first place. There would be no evidence of it even happening
Ah, that type of non-existence. Much more spooky, if I'm being honest.
>>
>>332931798
It's also worth noting that the only 2 people to have done it, Talos and Vivec. Were also huge narcissists.
>>
>>332932927

Didn't Septimus Signus Zero-Sum?
>>
File: 1440269042120.jpg (47 KB, 345x383) Image search: [Google]
1440269042120.jpg
47 KB, 345x383
>>332932447
>House Redoran
>>
File: 1456853420363.png (13 KB, 494x506) Image search: [Google]
1456853420363.png
13 KB, 494x506
>>332933186
>Any house but Redoran.
>>
>>332933287
>puncuation after a greentext.
>>
>>332932360
It's the year 992,678,649,235,448,840 BCE.

Conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
I'm a conscious dreamer
Therefore I can be treasurer to my own currency
I can be the mind controller
>>
>>332923128
It's hok. The hero of kvatch literally becomes sheogorath and the other player characters aren't nearly as strong as a daedra. Also if anyone doesn't believe it's canon it's extremely hinted at when in skyrim and talking to sheogorath. He says something like "I was there for the oblivion gates! It was a sordid afair!" Or something similar.
>>
File: 1422981303246.jpg (28 KB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
1422981303246.jpg
28 KB, 265x308
>>332932447
>Not understanding why the argonians stopped the invasion.
They wanted the marsh lands back from what the Dunmer took, they weren't after the entire continent. What would the argonians do with a bunch of land, they don't thrive in open combat and they certainly have no reason to build massive cities. Their culture is entirely different, and the only feasible reason that they'd take over the rest of morrowind would be to have revenge, something that a race that's been around for literally several billion years has no need for. They've probably seen worse things happen to them than forced manual labor.

They literally just took the marshes back and then stopped. Believing that Redoran held back the invasion of hist powered superlizards with a ransack army that literally could not do jack shit during the deadric invasion is idiotic.
>>
File: 1441272641609.jpg (13 KB, 323x241) Image search: [Google]
1441272641609.jpg
13 KB, 323x241
>>332933287
>A Redoran must show piety to the Aedra and Daedra, our creators and ancestors. For without the divine, we would not have the chance to serve. And without divine law, we would not know right from wrong. And without giving thanks for these things, we would forget out place and our purpose.
Redorans confirmed for braindead.
>>
>>332933857
Okay. Where did you hear that?
>>
you guys think they'll ever make another elder scrolls game, or just keep adding dlc to elder scrolls online?

because elder scrolls online looks kind of shit
>>
>>332934097
>you guys think they'll ever make another elder scrolls game
Retard.
>>
>>332933921
They're right though.

Morality is subjective unless there's dieties around to dictate morality and purpose for you.
>>
>>332934097
Of course they'll make another. ESO isn't tying up any bethesda resources as far as I know.
>>
>>332931907
Yeah because 2006 was only a month ago
>>
>>332933484
Happy autism day anon.
>>
File: 1422037187884.png (416 KB, 623x527) Image search: [Google]
1422037187884.png
416 KB, 623x527
>>332934012
Hear what, the land that they got back or that they're several billion years old?

They took the southern bits of Morrowind, which is all Marsh that was taken from then during a previous war or something. Then they stopped at the border and just sat on their asses. If you're also referring to me saying that Redoran's army was shit, it was. It was thrown together last moment to stop the deadric invasion, and even with the power of a giant necromanced Stilt Strider (I think), they were only semi-successful at warding it off. They only really survived because Martin sacrificed himself to stop the invasion.

Now if you mean the argonians being really fucking old, they're 14 kalpa old, and Kalpas are pretty big deals. About 3.14 billion years or so. They also took part in the Ehlonfey wars, or rather didn't and then their empire drowned. Which is fine and all because they can breathe underwater, but the hist didn't do too well. You ever overwater a plant? Then again they're eldrich gods, honestly they're probably fine and just kept hidden.
>>
>>332934228
>the existence of gods in TES means morality is objective
>>
Whats are the best character skills for someone whos never played morrowind? I know alchemy is pretty good but thats about it.
>>
He did acquired CHIM. That's why he kills Azura in his trial despite not having the powers of the heart of Lorkhan.
I know that it's possible that that event is not cannon. But everything related to Vivec was done by MK. So if MK considers that Vivec is powerful enough to kill Azura after the Morrowind events, that means that he acquired CHIM.
>>
>>332934450
Yes.

That's exactly what that means.
>>
>>332934430
No, I mean where did you hear that the Argonians just stopped?
>>
>>332934570
Stealth based skills are generally the most broadly useful, so focus on that.
>>
>>332934570
It actually doesn't really matter, because in Morrowind enemies don't scale with you and leveling up misc skills actually makes you stronger.

If you want to be stupidly OP then make a bunch of fortify intelligence potions with alchemy then make some insanely powerful potions after stacking them
>>
>>332934570
Major:

ALCHEMY (it's means unlimited money, because you can buy ingredients, make potions and sell them for a higher price)

SWORD (sword gives you STR.LV which means HP/Weight/Fatigue)

MEDIUM ARMOR (Gives you ENDURANCE.LV which means even more HP/Fatigue)

THE LADY SIGN (Gives you a good amount of ENDURANCE/PERSONALITY which is really important to have at early lvls because of the HP.LV wich is not retroactive)

The rest of the skills depend of your preference. It's good to have some magic skills so you don't get bored of swinging the same sword during the whole game. Security/Speechcraft/Mercantile are redundant IMO because you can buy scrolls to unlock, bribe to get favors, etc.
>>
>>332931392
Argonians don't have tree form.
Hist and argonians are different things, argonians are pretty much slaves.
>>
>>332934790
Because the idea that a ragtag army of broken dunmer recruits could stop the march of the deathmachines that are motivated argonians is ridiculous. The argonians are like Virgil, when they're motivated, rest in peace faggot.

The Redorans saying that they stopped the invasion and held them back is blatant propaganda. Not everything in TES is said straightforward, you have to think for yourself sometimes. It's the same reason why the High Elves claim they defeated Mehrunes Dagon and not the Imperials, blatant race fighting.
>>
File: 1400715590010.jpg (88 KB, 800x902) Image search: [Google]
1400715590010.jpg
88 KB, 800x902
>mfw every time I play this fucking game I manage to find something new or interesting

I've been playing it on and off for 3 years now.
>>
File: top vehk.jpg (29 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
top vehk.jpg
29 KB, 250x250
>mfw Kirkbride recently said that Yokuda was actually the previous Amaranth and Akavir the next; the reason why they are conceptualised as continents is because of the amnesiac nature of Anu's Dream

>The Redguards are actually the people the Nu-Mantia led from the previous universe
>Tamriel was invaded from another, future reality
>the people of Akavir such as the Tsaesci and the Imga are the survivors of the Landfall
>Dragons are the children of Akatosh and Lorkhan, hence their connection to both time and space (dominance of all Tamriel)
>>
>>332934935
I don't like stealth-based characters because there are dungeons were there are enemies welcoming you the moment you enter and there's no way of escaping so you can backstab them. Also even at high levels SNEAK is a highly luck based skill.
>>
>>332933921
>daedra
>creators and ancestors
topkek
>>
File: extra.jpg (19 KB, 308x464) Image search: [Google]
extra.jpg
19 KB, 308x464
>>332935417
>Tfw no argonian bf
>>
>>332935456
I've read something about that, but didn't believe it. Can you link me the source? Also if that's true, maybe Pelinal (the cyborg?) is from Akavir (the future)
>>
>>332935313
They aren't ragtag at all, or even recruits for that matter. Redoran are composed entirely of big damn heroes that live to fight. As far as pure warriors go in Tamriel Redoran are definitely among the best of the best.

> Not everything in TES is said straightforward, you have to think for yourself sometime
The fact that you often run into unreliable sources isn't an excuse to make stuff up. Especially when as it stands we only have like one source and no reason to believe he isn't telling the truth. Additionally the fact that House Redoran are now the most powerful house bar none would support the idea that Redoran managed to consolidate power and win the support of the Dunmer.

Is that remarkable? Absolutely. But sometimes in TES miraculous things happen through pure grit and determination, and refusing to believe them because they seem like tall tales is always a dumb idea.
>>
File: 1367722830445.jpg (66 KB, 400x490) Image search: [Google]
1367722830445.jpg
66 KB, 400x490
>>332935456
Kirkbride is an absolute fucking madman
>>
>>332935456
too retarded4me
>>
>>332935460
I don't mean as in sneaking. I mean as in skills with stealth specialization.

Light armor, short blade, acrobatics and the rest are generally useful and reliable for the entire game. Whereas with other specializations you have stuff that takes a while to get really good.
>>
Pelinal is both Shezzarine and Aurine. He talks in the first person while referring to both Lorkhan and Akatosh. Given that c0da revealed that they were essentially the same entity observed from different perspectives (heart of Lorkhan, soul of the Dragon) it's entirely plausible that they decided to pal up and be a robot together next time around.
>>
>muh CHIMNEY meme

for fucks sake guys just talk about your epic longcats and all your base or something
>>
>>332936334
meant for
>>332935859
>>
>>332936334
Thanks for the explanation. Would you recommend C0da?
>>
File: 1395633282221.png (79 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1395633282221.png
79 KB, 291x343
>>332935609
But anon
They don't even have genitals
>>
File: 1427347702336.jpg (53 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1427347702336.jpg
53 KB, 500x383
>>332935880
Redoran isn't the most powerful house because of respect, it's because they bully and throw people under the bus to get power. Ever since Vivec left, they were practically fucked, and out of the ashes they did the Nazi thing, which was blame somebody for all their problems, and then fuck them out of existence. Poor house Halullu got fucked over for being friends with the Imperials, and the Dunmer blamed them for not doing enough to stop the Deadric invasion. They're liars and cheats and you know it, everybody that's a Dunmer is an asshole in some way.

On top of that, let me explain why believing the Argonians were stopped by anthing but their own volition is bullshit.
>Could have potentially taken more land from the Dunmer due to them being within nearly every major part of Morrowind due to slavery, and because of the succesful slave uprising that happened practically overnight, they could have overthrown every major power nearly instantly.
>Had access to Khajiit and Orc slaves as well, but didn't do anything with them, and instead went back home.
>Took over Morrowind's capital, forcing the Dunmer to change the location and watch as most of their citizens left to enter Cyrodiil or Skyrim. Dunmer at this point are a shell of who they once were.
>The group of heroes you talked about were unable to ward off an invasion of low level deadra, while a bunch of argonians with sticks fucked Mehrunes Dagon in the ass and stole his shit.
>>
File: 1454212870263.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1454212870263.png
3 MB, 1600x900
>>332935309
>Hist and Argonians are different things
If you're not a canonicity weenie ESO states that the Argonians are basically incarnations of the Hist, and the trees are like a well of Hist souls. That's why Argonian eggs need to hatch beneath the trees, and why Argonian blood is thick - it's basically sap
>>
>>332936473
It's batshit insane, but a fun read. There's a part where in some aborted reality (playing off the fictive nature of The Elder Scrolls) Vivec and friends are superheroes and stop Yagrum Bagarn from turning everyone's heads into televisions
>>
>>332936370
Those are just parts of the god-head's dream. Think about it and zero-sum yourself
>>
>>332936675
>ESO
Literally not canon, irrelevant.
Hist are sentient inter-kalpic trees and argonians just happen to be lizards that were in the marshes that got high on Hist sap and as a result evolved to humanoid forms, however they're pretty much enslaved to the sap.

The argonians depend on the Hist to exist and they owe their sentience to them, the Hist don't need and probably care about the argonians, they're just convenient servants.
>>
>>332934706
Someone needs to read up on the Euthyphro dilemma.
>>
File: 1440556088456.png (274 KB, 352x436) Image search: [Google]
1440556088456.png
274 KB, 352x436
>>332935880
>>332936619
On top of that, the Argonians literally didn't use their most OP shit, canonically nobody knows the argonians are so powerful because their ragemode event happened within Black Marsh, and is never mentioned by anybody. They keep their power level hidden for a reason anon. If they went and bootyblasted the Dunmer with the full extent of their rage, everybody would know the argonians are a serious threat, and would act accordingly.

On top of that, the hist are also BFFs with Sithis, there's no possible way that the dunmer could stop an invasion by the argonians if the lizards actually wanted to get revenge. There'd be blood in the gutters and the sea of ghosts would have a more acceptable reason to be called as such.
>>
>>332936870

>not canon
there is no canon in Elder Scrolls, faggot. They're both and neither
>>
>>332936675
Kirkbride has different views on Argonians and the Hist than the ESO guys, but he won't tell because he doesn't' want to "step on their toes".
>>
>>332911610
ok
>>
>>332936870
Anon, the argonians and the hist have a "You help me, I help you" relationship. They're not slaves, they work together because they like each other, they're practically the same at this point. The Argonians are actually the souls within their bodies, which are unique as they don't return to the dreamsleeve on death, but rather return to the Hist. Anything can be an argonian, in Arena you see Dunmer injected with the souls of argonians. Basically, Argonians protect the hist, and the hist protects the argonians and gives them powers and shit. The Argonians can't exist without a host, so the hist gets them hosts. Then the argonians make empires and help the Hist out, and the cycle continues when the universe ends and everyone hops into the lizard space ships.

>>332937174
TESO has some lore significance behind it, some ideas like water being memory were lifted from Kirkbride. Other things are pure fanficiton though.
>>
File: Argonia_Man.jpg (481 KB, 925x897) Image search: [Google]
Argonia_Man.jpg
481 KB, 925x897
Fucking argonians m8 I swear
>>
File: 1315376051954.jpg (12 KB, 300x243) Image search: [Google]
1315376051954.jpg
12 KB, 300x243
>>332937174
MK is a legit nice guy. I hear he's buddies with the ESO loremaster
>>
>>332936370
Those are just parts of the godhead's dream. Think about it and zero-sum yourself
>>
>>332935456

Kirkbride is fucking insane and wants to make TES 2deep4u even though he was fired from the company years ago.

When he actually works of official TES work it's decent and fits the universe but when he's not he makes shit like C0DA
>>
File: 1456853659706.jpg (134 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456853659706.jpg
134 KB, 400x400
>>332936619
>Liars and cheats
For doing what exactly? For actually defending the Dunmer whilst the Empire and their collaborators were totally impotent to do anything about what was going on.

>Could have potentially taken more land from the Dunmer due to them being within nearly every major part of Morrowind due to slavery, and because of the succesful slave uprising that happened practically overnight, they could have overthrown every major power nearly instantly.
This is retarded. Argonians aren't magical omnibenevolent liberators, that would stop conquering out of the kindness of their hearts. They didn't stop plundering Oblivion just because they felt like they didn't need to and Morrowind is no different.

Redoran DID stop the Argonians. The Argonians DID get rekt. Morrwind IS going to be made great again.

It's canon. Furry fanfics BTFO.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Infernal_City
>>
>>332936798
>>332937396

Looks like it's not just Anu who's amnesiac
>>
>>332937138
But there is.
Everything that's in the mainline games is considered canon by default.
ESO is not canon by virtue of Todd himself saying it (and it being fucking garbage).
Kirkbride stuff gets a pass because it's interesting and he still helps around Bethesda sometimes.

That "there's no canon" hippie stuff is from c0da and is fucking retarded.

Besides, if I don't remember incorrectle ESO happens while the Marukhati Selective are dancing in the tower and forcing a dragonbreak for 108 years, so it can be taken as an alternate universe.

>>332937312
>Anon, the argonians and the hist have a "You help me, I help you" relationship

No they fucking don't, the argonians need the Hist while the Hist could find another race easily, without mentioning the fact that they've survived and defended himselves without the argonians for an unknown amount of kalpas.
>>
How viable is hand to hand in morrowind?
>>
>>332937424
TES started being interesting when MK was working on it. TES finished being interesting when MK stopped working on it. Coincidence?
>>
>>332935120
they still scale assfuck
>>
>>332937526
>Listening to Todd Howard after Fallout 4
are you fucking high? It's entirely probable that ESO is an alternate universe though, but that was the entire point of c0da, to open up the concept of parallel universes to Elder Scrolls and explain why everyone's playthrough (and subsequent interpretation) of the games is different
>>
>>332915338
>he's never had a lucid dreamn
This fucking guy.
>>
File: Your-Waifu.jpg (57 KB, 351x330) Image search: [Google]
Your-Waifu.jpg
57 KB, 351x330
>>332937453
>Implying Redoran are heroes for doing a half assed job of defending their people while their god got fucked in the ass with the prince of rape.
Lmao being desperate doesn't make you a hero. It makes you desperate, and when you do a shittier job than a bunch of lizards with spears you know you fucked up somewhere down the line.

>Implying they stopped out of the kindness of their hearts.
They have no reason to keep going with their invasion. As I said, the argonians have no reason to hold grudges, and have no problems with the Dunmer after the slavery thing happened, they just don't care. If they did, you know they'd be dead.

Also they had to stop plundering Oblivion because Mehrunes Dagon's Lutenants were forced to close it themselves, manually. That's how desperate they were, and when you grab that stone or whatever from the big-ass Sauron towers, you get fucked back to your own world.

Also good job not arguing literally anything else I posted. Dunmerfags, not even once.
>>
File: 1446707101120.jpg (69 KB, 447x453) Image search: [Google]
1446707101120.jpg
69 KB, 447x453
>>332937542
>potentially touching girlis
>>
>>332937424
I don't think Kirkbride was ever fired, he still does contractual work for Bethesda
>>
>>332937745
He said that way before Fallout4.
And I don't understand how making an awful game from other saga has anything to do with him being the authority regarding what's canon and what not.
ESO is shit, and everything that happens in it is irrelevant.
>>
>>332937526
>The hist could find another race easily.
Lmao, no they couldn't. They hold the souls of the argonians inside of them, they practically have to use the argonians.

The argonians are the souls, not the bodies. As I said before, they could just shove the souls inside a rock and it wouldn't make a difference. It's an otherkin's heaven.
>>
>>332937424
He wasn't fired, his job is seasonal. They don't need a crack addict loremaster for Fallout, I can't even imagine him writing things for that series. It'd go weird real quick and you know it.

I mean I'd play it, but fuck man, time travel ghouls from space.
>>
>>332937743
no they don't

unless you're counting the dark brotherhood assassins that occasionally come after you, but they're relatively easy to kill or avoid
>>
>>332938008
Of course they could, they have existed far before the argonians ever existed.

If you want to win over semantics then sure, have it your way, I was referring to the lizardmen, if argonians are just the souls of the Hist (which is fucking stupid, since Argonia is the name of Black Marsh, hence why the lizards of it should be the ones called argonians and not the souls or whatever of the Hist that existed far before Tamriel even came to be) then whatever.
>>
File: 1458056098584.jpg (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1458056098584.jpg
29 KB, 480x480
>>332937907
I did have an argument though, The Infernal City corroborates what Adril Arano said so there's no debate beyond furry fantasy.

>and when you do a shittier job than a bunch of lizards with spears you know you fucked up somewhere down the line.
Lizards with spears that were being roided up by godlike immortal trees. Yet got halted anyway despite all of this by Redoran's pure cajones.

>They have no reason to keep going with their invasion. As I said, the argonians have no reason to hold grudges, and have no problems with the Dunmer after the slavery thing happened, they just don't care. If they did, you know they'd be dead.
1. The fact that they can loot more cities is incentive enough as evidenced by the Oblivion Crisis and how ruthlessly they looted Oblivion.
2. Lots of them that you meet in game do indeed hold grudges and dislike Dunmer.

Literally, your posts are pure asspulls.
>>
>>332938316
only specifically placed NPCs don't scale
like named bandits and Daedra worshippers
all monsters still scale
>>
>>332937464
Heh
>>
How much can the Hist actually control? Aren't there some theories that Black Marsh is so dangerous, poisonous, swampy and shitty because the Hist use the environment for defense? I'd like to see the next TES game to take place in Black Marsh because the Hist have "opened up" Black Marsh and made at least some parts of it more hospitable to outsiders because they need the protagonist's help. Like shit so serious is going down that the enigmatic Hist actually need your help. Of course this wouldn't be known right at the start, the game's exposition would involve you being an explorer or traveler to Black Marsh.
>>
>>332938791
As in how much do they control the Argonians?

Totally, Argonians basically belong to the Hist. Even outside of the Black Marsh they can psychically call Argonians to return. They also dictate Argonian biology.
>>
File: The Wild Regions.png (701 KB, 516x824) Image search: [Google]
The Wild Regions.png
701 KB, 516x824
>>332938791
>Aren't there some theories that Black Marsh is so dangerous, poisonous, swampy and shitty because the Hist use the environment for defense?
Many citizens of the Empire believed that they created the Knahaten Flu, which wiped out the human inhabitants of Black Marsh before spreading throughout Tamriel, for that purpose. All baseless speculation, of course.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Knahaten_Flu
>>
>>332933064
We know that others have done it, just not whom.
>>
>>332915338
this is actually true to an extent

you don't just become lucid and have full control of a dream
>>
First for OpenMW

First for Daggerfall Unity
>>
>>332941304
Why is controlling your dream so hard anyway?

And why does thinking about it too much cause you to wake up?
>>
Because you are a player character.
>>
>>332937339
they are the cutest

i hope they have good feet next game
>>
>>332934574
He doesn't kill her, he binds her to Mundus for a second (something they never ever want to experience), face-rapes her with his spear/dick and then banishes her.
>>
I'm playing Skyrim as a thief/Archer type. Would it be more beneficial to focus on Marksman enchants for my gear, or absorb/damage health enchants?
>>
>>332911610
He didn't actually have CHIM, he just wanted people to think he had it so they wouldn't dare fuck with him
>>
>>332941646
it gets shut down to prevent you from digging too deep.
>>
>>332914497
>That whole lucid dreaming business is a fucking scam for retards.

I thought so too before it accidentally happened to me
I was drowning in a dream and then suddenly appeared on land at which point I asked myself whether this is a dream or not and suddenly felt like I was really there and awake
This worked for about 10 seconds before I woke up completely stunned
>>
I actually achieved CHIM once in a dream.
However I went to rape a whore and when I was about to put it in I woke up.
Is there a way to lose your virginity in a dream?
>>
>>332926591
He made temporary CHIM pills for that
>>
>>332935456
Isn't Kirkbride dead?
>>
File: f4oilface.jpg (13 KB, 245x271) Image search: [Google]
f4oilface.jpg
13 KB, 245x271
>>332941646
I once had one very short lucid dream.
I became so excited i woke up fast. Worst part is that it wasn't instant it was like
>oh shit i think i'm waking up
>oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck i can't wake up not now
in attempts not to get excited and anxious i just got more anxious and excited and woke up

Shit sucks but i don't mind. I usually don't remember my dreams but when i do they are pretty interesting, mixing familiar places into something alien. You also feel like you had a very good rest when you remember em.
And i am kinda on auto-pilot so it's more like observing someone playing like me while i'm watching and going "oh i recognize this stree- oh why the fuck is this here?". Pretty much a free movie on drugs.

For some reason i never see any familiar faces though. Even guy i'm supposed to be rarely even resembles me while friend of mine sees familiar faces there pretty often and is rarely put not into his shoes.
>>
File: LIZARDS.jpg (46 KB, 779x255) Image search: [Google]
LIZARDS.jpg
46 KB, 779x255
>>332930821
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>332944357
>Isn't Kirkbride dead?
Worse.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4291714/fullcredits#writers
>>
File: 1457844927373.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1457844927373.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>332944462
>mfw it turns out that MK's big interpretation of the Argonians is that they're just dumb niggers told to do evil shit by talking trees
>>
>>332943319
Oh, I understood that banishes her meant kills her. Azura must feel so humilliated. How many times will she destroy Morrowind?
>>
>Scalefags going in full denial when presented by canon lore from the games themselves
Good thread
>>
File: 1450534065816.jpg (91 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1450534065816.jpg
91 KB, 720x720
>>332944674
P-Perhaps he can CHIM and make it a good movie...
>>
>>332944674
That would explain the weird fucking credits for Minecraft
Mojang always wanted MK
>>
>>332914497
Yes, when you realize you're dreaming you gain some control. If you git gud and don't panic, you can do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>332911610
Kirkbride wants to write 2deep4u shit and in the end all fans care about are swords and magic.
>>
>>332944851
Story Mode is a spin-off by a different company. Specifically Telltale Games, of which MK is currently an employee.
>>
>>332943735
>>332943963
This is quite true. When you realize you're in a dream, it's really difficult to stay asleep
>>
>>332944996
I want a good mix between weird lore and gameplay.
>>
>>332945394
This. I expected Alduin to be cool but he was just a generic dragon. Given that he was supposedly the 'First Son' of Akatosh and connected to some mysterious era when dragons ruled Tamriel, it was a real letdown
>>
>>332913451
>>332913653
>>332913740
>someone that actually understands Vivec and CHIM
>posting on motherfucking /v/
>in 2016

Pinch me.
>>
>>332915430

But in Cyrodiil you didn't have a 3 Alliance all out war.

I find that most people who hate the game don't have the power to run it at 60FPS.
>>
It feels like in the last year all Morrowind threads ended up in "missmissmiss" and "nostalgiafag" shitflinging.
>>
>>332925638

But everything in TESO happened before Oblivion and is confirmed not cannon anyway because it's made by a separate developer.
>>
>>332915430
Literally everything about it.

They turned Almalexia into Galadriel.
>>
>>332923128
My money would be on the Champion of Cyrodiil
Say what you want, but becoming an actual Daedric Prince is probably a lot more powerfull than the next reincarnation of Tiber Septim/Indoril Nerevar

Then again the Agent had the Brass Golem for his own use
>>
>>332947170
>But everything in TESO happened before Oblivion
Everything in TESO happens inside a dragonbreak though, so while that's technically right, time fuckery is entirely possible.
>>
>>332948968
Any being with CHIM would fuck over any Daedric Prince though.
They're the most powerful beings in the "normal" scale of things. but that's it.
>>
Didn't dagorth ur got a fucked up version of CHIM as well?
>>
File: 1376024743349.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1376024743349.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>332911610
OP.
Like president jhonson said.
"even a pawn becomes a queen, but its just another figurehead, pawns can never become players."

If you kill that body, you will kill his king, and end his "game" in there, but he is able to start another, without memory loss and even can decide when and where.
>>
>>332950393
Maybe
Tiber did most like become a Aedra, which are much more powerful than Daedra
But I'm not totally sure on him becoming Aedra though
Is there any legitimate proof that Talos does shit?
I mean, Shor/Lorkhan and Akatosh/Auri-el both show that they mean actual business and have occasionally done shit on Mundus
>>
>>332949389

>Everything in TESO happens inside a dragonbreak though

What?

Since when?
>>
>>332951431
>Tiber did most like become a Aedra, which are much more powerful than Daedra
Aedra are not more powerful than Daedra.
Aedra gave a part of their power to create Mundus, as a result, they're weaker than the Daedric princes, although they're far more relevant to Mundus since they're the Earthbones of it and they're considered "good" (although such concepts are utterly meaningless with such et'Ada, none of them are inerently evil or good, they just act according to the nature of their sphere).
Talos is a special case because with CHIM he's outside all powerlevel lists, together with Vivec and Numidium (this one not because of CHIM though).
And he's not an "aedra" per se, he's revered as the god of mankind for his achievements, but that's it.

Worship in TES has an actual effect, so there's not much of a difference between Talos and actual Aedras, at some point in Morrowind you can find a NPC in the Ghostgate that it's most likely an avatar of Talos.
>>
>>332951961
A long time ago I read something that said or induced me to think that the events of ESO happened inside the Middle Dawn.
Looking at the wiki the Main Quest of ESO happens in 2E 583 so apparently I made a mistake.
Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.