[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Load up the new Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo >Play it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: I trusted you V.jpg (39 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
I trusted you V.jpg
39 KB, 550x550
>Load up the new Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo
>Play it for 3 hours straight
>Can't remember the last time I enjoyed something this much
>Go on /v/
>People talking shit about the game
>MFW

Anyone else?
>>
>>332909850

I liked the demo, but what the hell are you doing for three hours in it? The only engaging thing about it is the fight at the end. In all areas you just run around once, discover those collectables and that's it.
>>
>>332909850
what is Poe's Law
>>
File: image.png (62 KB, 244x216) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62 KB, 244x216
/v/ is the r/gaming of 4chan. Low quality, low effort posts and threads, only with shitposting. You are better off at /vg/, or just somewhere else entirely.
>>
Don't let it get to you buddy. /v/ ALWAYS shitposts about a potential masterpiece. It's their way of showing excitement. I'd just ignore them if I were you. Don't let them ruin your mood or your experience.
>>
>>332909850
You should play games with more engaging combat systems.
>>
I liked it. Combat was fun, the environmental design was excellent and I liked all the set up for Noctis' character and the relationship with his father. I'm really looking forward to 15.
I wonder if the physics objects in the house scene could be used to break out ofbounds somehow since you can push them around and climb on them
>>
>>332909850
>Short demo with collectathon elements
>Only one remotely challenging battle
Are you absolutely serious?
>>
>>332909850
Threads like these make me already miss rampant off-topic burchposting
>>
It was fun for a variety of reasons, for me the demo captured the spirit of Kingdom Hearts and combined it with the unique FFXV art style which made for a very cool experience.

It also gave us a sneak peak at Altissia, I cannot wait unill that area is fully polished it's going to be f***ing amazing.
>>
>>332909850
Someone somewhere is going to shit on everything you like for some reason. Stop trying to fit in you dumb faggot
>>
>Driving around in your car at night with your Bros
>The only light being there due to the moon and the stars
>All of a sudden there's this terrifying roar
>The gigantic Leviathan is flying by you
>Clothing and hair all over the play
>Hold me /v/
>I'm not gonna make it
>>
>>332910172
>>332910194
Kill yourselves
>>
>>332909850
Yeah what a shame you just happened to love something /v/ hates?

It's almost like the board is made up of jaded hypocrites or something.
>>
I was ready to shit all over it, but I liked what I saw, enough to decide I'll get it when it comes out
>>
>>332910337
It's made up of pc fags who have to shitpost about anything not on pc
>>
>>332910241
Tired gamer just pls go
>>
Good things about the demo
>light and weather effects were really good
Bad things about the demo
>pointless collectibles that do nothing
>hold button to defend/attack
>movement still needs to be fine-tuned
If the final product is a polished version of the demo with better combat and smooth movement, I'll be happy.
>>
>>332910390
I'm telling you to kill yourself because you're still namefagging after the embarrassment that was april 1st
>>
>>332910119
What other game allows you to warp around like this and do the moves that you only get to see in action anime?
>>
Why do you give a whit about what an internet message board, and /v/ of all places, has to say about a game you enjoy? Grow a fucking pair
>>
>>332910119
>he doesn't like collectathons
>>
>>332910396
>pointless collectibles that do nothing
>hold button to defend/attack
Confirmed for missing hidden shit in the demo and not utilizing the full combat mechanic even though it's still downgraded in the current state
>>
>>332910460
Are you seriously asking or can you not think of any? A lot of games have done that, although some of them suck.
>>
>>332909850
I always wonder who's behind those posts. Either:
- squeenix shills - we have fair share of them
- ps4 owners desperately trying to rationalize purchase of failed console.

Don't get me wrong,
I've got PS4 as well and it has one good exclusive. It's not like xbone is better, both suck. And that's the point, it was a mistake to buy PS4 - especially with PS4.5 coming.
Plus, I don't think that FFXV will be a bad game. At the same time there's no reason to believe that it will be great, like FFVI or FFVII (pick the one you want).
>>
>>332910489
>missing hidden shit
Such as? I got every collectible I could find, saw Leviathan, played as all the monsters and cars, etc.
>not utilizing full combat
I'm well aware that you can manually dodge and switch weapons during what can laughably be called combos. It was barebones as fuck, and obviously more of a real-time tech demo than a gameplay demo.
>>
Is it just me or are the graphics quite poor?

Sometimes it looks beautiful, but mostly it looks really undercooked and clay'like. I get that it's a demo, but fuck man this is final fantasy and it's out in a few months. I really expected more when you look at games like Batman: Arkham Knight and Witcher 3.
>>
>>332910615
Probably the Shuriken weapon.
>>
>>332910615
>Such as? I got every collectible I could find, saw Leviathan, played as all the monsters and cars, etc.

Did you find the shield and the secret weapons?

>I'm well aware that you can manually dodge and switch weapons during what can laughably be called combos. It was barebones as fuck,

Did you find out how to launch let alone maintain aerial combat? Not just warpstrike? It was barebones and it was a tech demo but that combat isn't the final product, it's exactly that, simply a tech demo

>>332910620
It wasn't polished that's for sure, something you have to expect from a free demo though. The lighting was good at least I think
>>
>>332910647
I had to warp to it, but I don't know what crystal collecting has to do with it. I just found it when I was dicking off.
>>
>>332910748
If you didn't collect a certain number of crystals those plates wouldn't be able to get unlocked
>>
>>332910736
>Did you find the shield and the secret weapons?
I found the ninjey star.
>Did you find out how to launch let alone maintain aerial combat
It wasn't exactly complicated. I think you're rushing to defend this like I said it was the worst thing ever, but I didn't say that and overall enjoyed the experience and hope for an improved final version, which is quite likely.
>>
File: Can't wait So happy.jpg (19 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
Can't wait So happy.jpg
19 KB, 396x385
>Finish watching the first episode of Final Fantasy Brotherhood
>Go back to playing Platinum Demo
>Execute Warp Strike as soon as the Iron Giant is summoned
>Feelsgoodman
>>
>>332910576
Kill yourself platform warrior
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 576x432
>>332909850
>do nothing but walk around, step on buttons and hold down circle to win fights
Jesus Christ what games do you play?
The demo was pretty neat sure, but the controls were unresponsive as fuck and there was hardly anything to do, how the hell did you manage to sink 3 hours into it?
>>
>>332910736
>something you have to expect from a free demo though
>free demo
Basically: devs released a demo to show-off part of their masterpiece and you're saying that people can't complain about it because it's "free"?
>>
>>332910576
The fact that you can't for a second imagine that someone enjoys playing new content kinda shows you're more interested in platform wars. Like the demo was just a straight up nice piece of fun, it was short but it was fun and for it being free, it had more production value than most indie games with a price tag
>>
Don't worry OP, /v/ is known for getting super hyped and then weeks to a months before release, they immediately turn on the game and shit all over it.
>>
>>332910970
People can complain about it but it gets tiring then the flaws become over represented and anything good about the demo goes out the windows because people act like the devs owe them something. While Square should've put more effort into it I still think it was great
>>
>>332909850
Game is trash, why would I want to play as a shota when lolis are superior?
>>
>>332911037
>own PS4
>say buying it was a mistake
>"HURR YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PLATFORM WARS"

>say FFXV won't be a bad game
>say FFXV won't be a great game either
>"HURR YOU CAN'T IMAGINE THAT SOMEONE ENJOYS PLAYING NEW CONTENT"

Also:
>demo of big AAA game is better than some shitty indie 2d platform
>therefore FFXV will be the best thing since sliced bread
You're not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?
>>
>>332911360
Kill yourself
>>
>>332909850
>3 hours straight like it's any sort of big deal
you sound like a massive normie.
>>
>>332910924
Go back to playing it after watching the anime.
Also stop nitpicking and let yourself be immersed in the expansive world that this game is hinting at. For instance when I first glimpsed the Leviathan, I couldn't stop myself from pressing that button again and again using different daytime/weather effects etc.
>>
>people on /v/ talk shit about franchises that have been around for years and are basically household names at this point in time

If you expected anything less, you are actually retarded.
>>
>>332911360
>own PS4>say buying it was a mistake
>"HURR YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PLATFORM WARS"

Let me quote your post:

I always wonder who's behind those posts. Either:
- squeenix shills - we have fair share of them
- ps4 owners desperately trying to rationalize purchase of failed console.

Where's the part where you mention people who might've actually enjoyed the demo? Where is it? The only thing you mention is shills and instantly resort to console waring.

And now you're building strawmen.

I really hate children, especially negative children who are masterracers because let's be honest, you are one, don't even pretend you aren't.
>>
>>332911451
>you sound like a massive normie.
Is this suppose to be an insult?
>>
Are the controls actually as shit people say they are?
>>
>>332911563
Unfortunately, yes. You should still play it and find out for yourself instead of asking dumbass questions though. It's free.
>>
>>332911254
1. It's only natural that people judge game by evidence they have. It's actually more reasonable than to shit on it without reason. Or to hype it without reason.
2. Demo is something that's released to create a hype. If they can't release proper "PLATINUM" demo then it means there's something very wrong going there.
>>
>>332909850
Same here OP.

I really enjoyed messing around in the big room, trying to find all those dumb collectibles, playing with the weather and times of the day in the town. And finally trying to understand the combat and gitting gud in that golem fight. Although I wish that the controls were tighter during the battles.

I care very little about FF as a franchise, but this is gonna be a day 1 buy for me.
>>
File: 1459407838068.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1459407838068.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>you're playing it wrong that's why you can't enjoy it

I enjoyed the demo itself a lot, trying learn the mechanics and finding cheap shit was great for a while, from warp strike spamming to webm related. Before doing all of that I didn't even know you could just hold circle to auto-combat, and was laughing my ass off when I tried it out after an hour of playing the demo, but still should honestly not have been implemented in the first place.

I can't hold an opinion on how "they butchered the gameplay" from the last demo unfortunately because I did not play nor looked at any videos of episode duscae

Anyways, It does need to be improved in my opinion. Defending feels very unresponsive, and the performance definitely doesn't help the gameplay at all. Also is there a way to zoom out a at all? That's a small pet peeve I have with this kind of third person game.
>>
>>332911525
It's been an insult since 2006.
>>
>>332911563
Most definitely not sir. Just your good ole' typical /v/ shitposting.
>>
>>332911482
I'm not nitpicking, I'm looking back at it from a critical view.
I enjoyed it when I played it, the atmosphere was great, nighttime giant room was comfy af, but don't try and tell me the combat was good, I'm aware it was piss easy because there were only LVL 1 enemies and the real game will have enemies that will take skill to defeat but in terms of the demo, the combat was boring as hell (except for the boss).
I thought the demo was cool and all, but 3 hours? The most you've enjoyed something? No.
I'm really looking forward to FFXV, I'm not some FF elitist that only enjoyed VI & VII, its gonna be my first legitimate FF experience.
I'm just saying the demo wasn't as good as OP said it was.
>>
>>332911736
You actually do more damage if you tap the button.

I've read something about different "combo" moves as well, but I can't really confirm them.
>>
>>332909850
4chan is filled with negative and sad cunts
>>
>>332911884
There is a good 0.6 second delay between pressing X and the character jumping
>>
>>332911981
WOW, just like in real life.
>>
>>332911889
OP just said that he really had a good time with the demo. There's nothing wrong with that, even if he used a dumb frog image.

I've played the demo 4 times and I banked 3 hours as well. I cannot say I had the time of my life with it; but it is what finally got me interested in this game.
>>
>>332911764
>It's been an insult since 2006.

False. Normie came much later.
Newfag and Tripfag was the more common insults back then.
Normie became more prevalent around the time pepe became popular.
>>
>>332910516
Virgil in DMC3/4 and.....?
>>
File: 1459401239058.jpg (67 KB, 525x688) Image search: [Google]
1459401239058.jpg
67 KB, 525x688
The demo was neat, but a pretty poor demo for showing the players how the game will actually play and run.

I would've preferred a demo similar to Duscae again so you could actually properly see the improvements.
>>
>>332911889
This was my first experience with Final Fantasy as well. Although I was familiar with the franchise I was never able to get my hands on it. I'm into cuhrazy action games such as DMC and MGR so quite frankly most of my time was spent fighting the Iron Giant and figuring out all the kinks of the surprisingly deep combat system. My end conclusion is that there's a TON of potential here. Obviously that the direction the developers were going for here. Of-course, all this won't be apparent to the casual gamer who has only finished the demo once.
>>
>>332909850

how do i get the demo? i have the original one episode dascae. plz help i need to try this out
>>
>>332912079
You know what you're right.
I think I was just a little dissatisfied with demo not because there was anything relatively bad about it, but because it left me wanting more, and if a demo does that, it's doing its job perfectly.
I guess it's just been a while since I've played a demo for a game.
>>
>Play it for 3 hours straight
I ran around the fucking mansion for like 20 minutes trying to find everything and I got 50 minutes total out of the demo. How did you manage to play it 3 hours?
>>
>>332909850
dumb frogposter
>>
>>332912289
This is the most un-Final Fantasy game there has possibly been though, I would say anything from FFX and backwards will be authentic Final Fantasy experiences
>>
>>332912361
>not masturbating to shota noct
>>
>>332912454
maybe if I had a low framerate fetish
>>
>>332912324
Just look into Free on PS Store. Then it should be right there on the front page in the Demos section.
>>
>>332912289
You sound literally like me.
I think I'm gonna redownload the demo now so I can fight the boss multiple times and get a good feeling for the combat.
Holding down square vs tapping square at precise moments, I wanna try shit like that out.
I did fight him twice in the demo though.
>>
>>332912397
>ffx
>authetic ff game

You mean the game with no overworld, the airship is a quicktravel menu, extremely linear, etc?
>>
>>332912510
>he didn't jack it with dial-up internet as a kid
Go away underage.
>>
Am I missing important shit by skipping the demo's?
I want to go into FFXV as fresh as possible
>>
>>332912370

So this is it huh? /v/ filled with Casuals? While most of the demo IS filler tech demo shit, that final fight with the golem and the vastly improved combat system makes it all worth it.

Seriously, you niggas can do aerial combat, all sorts of blocks and dodges, each weapon has multiple special moves, and a surprising amount of depth for a stripped down demo.

Oh, and if you do use the right timing, YOU CAN perfect dodge cancel from MOST attack animations- there are some that you can't (mostly great sword), air attacks you must use an aerial rave dodge, which has more strict timing and doesn't require any presses of square at all. Not every attack can be dodged by holding down square. Some attacks you must have pressed square within a certain time frame of the enemies attack.

I uploaded some videos of me doing fun stuff in the fight, maybe it can inspire you fags to not be total casuals and to try and learn the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9ONWheKGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5m8T9w7Eb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74yhOh1jzyc
>>
>>332914024
The demo is a standalone story and gives you some unique stuff, so yes.
>>
>>332912172
>normie came much later
Yes and no.

"normalfag" - term coined on /a/ and used it since I can remember spread to /v/ somewhere around 2006. Later it had evolved into "normie".
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.