[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: jc3.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jc3.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
what went wrong?
>>
I didn't write the story.
>>
Why do anything in that game?
>>
File: 1458767735817.png (687 KB, 835x419) Image search: [Google]
1458767735817.png
687 KB, 835x419
not enough carbs
>>
File: Tbof.jpg (64 KB, 455x599) Image search: [Google]
Tbof.jpg
64 KB, 455x599
It did not contain Tails.
>>
>no Burch/10
>>
>>332908819
No coop. Seriously, why the fuck did they think this game did not need coop? Would have been an instant buy if it even had only 2 player coop.
>>
>>332908819
Nothing to do after the novelty wears off in ten minutes.

Also no more cancer, thanks mods
>>
The main Sweden devs of Avalanche put all their resources into the mediocre Mad Max game and had the new New York studio do this game and it shows how they were inexperienced as fuck when it comes to optimization
The game relies too much on shit you could do in 2 without having a lot of new refreshing things to do in 3 besides the glider
Also the final boss fight is shit
Besides that, 3/5
>>
its a just cause game
>>
Memory leaks
>>
Is the game patched on PS4? How is the framerate?
>>
>>332910897
Downloaded 1.03 yesterday loading times are super fast but the frame rate went to shit
>>
>>332911048
thanks m8
>>
Did anything actually go wrong? Is it worth a purchase if I liked JC2?
>>
>>332909180
Apparently the publisher was insane for a while and at one point it was an MMO and they had to work their asses off to retool it into a singleplayer one. Developing working multiplayer on the hasty redesign wasn't possible
>>
>>332911383
Worth 15$, but not more. Really repetetive and has a lot of bugs and the framerate is rather bad too, even on higher end machines. (FX8350, R9 290 and its ok. 45-50fps most of the time, but it often drops into the low 30s running it at 1440p ultra settings)
>>
Is it cracked yet? How much it sold?
>>
Too much world copypasta.
>>
A textbook example of a rehash.
>>
The third and biggest island is an empty boring place compared to the first two.

Too little actual missions

No left/Right hand weapons, just uniform dual wield
>>
Denuvo
>>
>>332912237
No crack

Based denuvo has killed piracy
>>
>>332912491
What's the point if it doesn't help sales nor makes games better? Did it sold better than JC2?
>>
>>332912237
no. steamspy puts pc numbers at ~520k.
>>
Optimization done by Nvidia©™® Gamedoesn'tWork©™® Which made the game run like shit on every systems.
>>
>shit performance on all platforms
>no multiplayer
>no mods
>square enix
JC2 sold what? 10 million across all platforms? this shit is not even a million on pc.
>>
A team worked on Mad Max

B team worked on this

I don't know what the fuck they were thinking.
>>
The world is more empty and dead than GTA III
>>
>terrible world compared to JC2
>retarded challenges system locking away all the good abilities
>shit for a final boss
>requirement to destroy 100% of objects in vicinity to make progress broke the fuck out of explosive dynamic making your gameplay screech to a hold while you were looking for that last transformer or something
>not as flexible and controlled weapons system
>writers trying too hard at times to make jokes resulting in cringe
>too accessible weaponized transportation means
>hacking reduced to a progress bar
>>
>>332912935
Compared to JC2 :
>terrible copy-pasted world with nothing to do in it but races
>retarded black market holding the gun upgrades until you grind enough
>shit for enemies
>requirement to destroy 100% of objects in vicinity to make progress broke the fuck out of explosive dynamic making your gameplay screech to a hold while you were looking for that last transformer or something
>not a flexible and controlled weapon system, can carry 3 weapons and they're all a variety of a semi auto, machine gun or explosive
>writers trying too hard at times to make jokes resulting in cringe
>too accessible weaponized transportation means
>hacking is a series QTE

I swear, you people have rose tinted glasses on 24/7.
>>
>>332913104
Have you even played 2?
>>terrible copy-pasted world with nothing to do in it but races
Copy-paste in JC2 is nowhere near the levels of it in 3, world has way more unique objects.
>>retarded black market holding the gun upgrades until you grind enough
Only difference gun upgrade makes is more damage, abilities in 3 could completely change your approach like making tether a viable option for destroyng relay towers and giving you hook-boost in wingsuit
>>shit for enemies
Exactly same tiers as in 3, but 2 had an exciting fun mission for a finale, when 3 just has arena fight with a retarded weak chopper you can only harm for five seconds every thirty seconds.
>>requirement to destroy 100% of objects in vicinity to make progress broke the fuck out of explosive dynamic making your gameplay screech to a hold while you were looking for that last transformer or something
That is a straight-up lie, in 2 you can destroy any amount of objects in a single spot and it would count for overall percentage, in 3 unless you destroy every single object in a base/town it doesn't count.
>>not a flexible and controlled weapon system, can carry 3 weapons and they're all a variety of a semi auto, machine gun or explosive
Just because you're too retarded to use it doesn't mean the rest of s have no imagination.
>>writers trying too hard at times to make jokes resulting in cringe
JC2 had like 3-4 jokes throughout the game and they all played on deadpan style, JC3 tries to make jokes every single cutscene in a wacky ironic style
>>too accessible weaponized transportation means
Again, lie, in JC2 you had to work a lot until it gave you just a chopper with minigun, in JC3 you are given access to rocket-based aerial vehicles nearly from the get-go.
>>hacking is a series QTE
A QTE is still a gameplay and any gameplay is preferable to no gameplay, doing a QTE is better than just waiting.
>>
I think it's pretty fun, but Anons aren't wrong when they say it runs really badly and there's a lot of repetition. I played Just Cause 2 before but I couldn't get into it because the movement felt goofy between being on foot and using the parachute.
Now with the added wingsuit, I'm constantly enjoying just traveling across the regions.
I loved playing Spider-Man 2 so that's probably just me though.
>>
>>332908819
I think it's a lot of fun thanks to the new tether mechanics alone.

It's the kind of game I pop in for a bit every few days, not suitable for marathon sessions.
>>
>>332909494
The final boss fight is a level beyond shit. I don't even know what to call it. All you have to do is shoot your hook at it and pull it to the ground, and you win. When it happened I thought I was about to have the 'real' boss fight. Turned out I just beat the game.
You never need to get new guns in this game and once you take over the bases the game is one of the easiest you'll find. Dying in this game only happens when you let it. I had all but one base completely captured after only the opening story point. You can beat the game from that point in less than three hours EASILY.
>>
No airport. That was the best thing about JC2
>>
It's a fun game to put your trainer and god-mode/no reload cheats on and wreak havoc and thats it.
>>
>>332912907
GTA III is quite tightly packed and is going for something entirely different than the Just Cause games in practice so that's a pretty fucking stupid comparison.
>>
File: 1357252626246.png (69 KB, 265x241) Image search: [Google]
1357252626246.png
69 KB, 265x241
>Patch 1.03
"Don't worry guys we fixed the load times and made the framerate more stable!"
>Load up the game relatively quickly compared to pre-patch
Hey this might not be so bad, maybe this game'll be playable now.
>Framerate is certainly stable like the notes said
>Stable 10fps
MONKEY PAAAAAAAAAAW

Why the fuck does this game run so badly, it really doesn't have all that much extra going on at once compared to Just Cause 2 and that ran pretty smoothly on older hardware
>>
>>332917632
>hook
Using the nuke lawnchair is even easier
>>
>>332908819
>no airport
>no big city
>world wasn't as varied as 2
>locked upgrades behind bullshit that wasn't fun to play
>too easy
>goes for cringeworthy attempts at humor that fall flat (see Rico's out of place dad jokes)
>italian accents are not as funny or ridiculous as SEA accents
>the stupid leaderboards bullshit that can't be turned all the way off

I had a good time with it though, honestly. Moving around the world was fun, it just felt like there was no real heart put into the game.
>>
File: 1452546044892.jpg (168 KB, 731x1158) Image search: [Google]
1452546044892.jpg
168 KB, 731x1158
performance on consoles

I just wanted something slightly like JC2, but this is difficult to play when the framerate goes down to the 10's and the games speed along with it
>>
>>332919104
Denuvo
>>
>>332919104
>>332919518
Can't tell if troll but if so I got a smooth 60 fps on pc and while the asking price was probably a bit much, it was really fun to blow up all those towns and taken everything over.

The skybase was also pretty cool with the jetpack, the airbrake they give you allows you to pull off some pretty fun maneuvers.

Basically the plot was awful but the missions were fun.
>>
File: 1451553637219.jpg (45 KB, 352x395) Image search: [Google]
1451553637219.jpg
45 KB, 352x395
>>332919926
>performance is shit on consoles
>"it runs great on my PC"
Fuck's sake.

The one thing i wanted was a stable framerate, which I can usually get on consoles. It might never get high, but it is always playable.
Just Cause 3 on consoles is unplayable at the moment.
>>
>>332920108

that must be why it's on sale at GameStop for like $20 off
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.