[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 speedrunner has already finished the game in 102 minutes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (1 MB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1200x650
Why is this allowed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-01-dark-souls-3-speedrunner-has-already-finished-the-game-in-102-minutes
>>
>>332790208
That means nothing, the other games can be beat under 1 hour
>>
>>332790208

>Comparatively, Dark Souls 1 and 2 were both completed in under an hour. According to Speedruns.com, the first game's been bested in 46 minutes, 25 seconds; Dark Souls 2 rings in at 54 minutes and five seconds; and Bloodborne can be completed in 35 minutes and 41 seconds.

So DA3 is the longest souls gameof them all? PRAISE THE SUN! \[T]/
>>
>>332790668
Nah, there's just been much longer to come up with a good route and year(s) of practice for the others.
>>
>>332790208
Speedrunners beating a game quickly?

Dear god, it's the end of the world.
>>
>>332790624
Yeah, using a glitch. No skip glitch has been found in DaS3 so far.
>>
>>332790208
Longer than Bloodborne :^)
>>
I don't plan on buying the game because 2 was a disaster.
But the speedrunner doing speedruns means nothing. If it's anything like DS1, it uses some exploits and shit to skip a huge chunk of content.
>>
oh wow definitely not buying it then ty op
>>
>>332790857
world record all bosses is 1:14:50, the only thing it does is skip the Seath death. That's like half an hour less than this
>>
>an hour and 40 minutes going as fast as possible
I'm not a speedrunner, so why do I care? It'll take me at least 20 hours, it took me 19 even with the easiest souls game (Demon's)

I played Dark Souls twice and combined that took me like 130 hours.
>>
>>332790208
Really? WOW FROM dropped the ball this time. PREORDER CANCELLED
>>
I don't even train everyday, I do speedrunning casually.
>Castlevania: SotN in 15 minutes
>Ocarina of Time in 44 minutes
>Dark Souls in 59 minutes
>Dark Souls 2 in 56 minutes
>Bloodborne in 1:12h

There's nothing wrong with 102 minutes.
>>
>>332790208

What does it matter? Speed runs for all the souls games are around an hour or less.

These people are playing to the best of the capability to save as much time as possible, skipping everything they can.

Normal people playing the game aren't going to skip everything they can. They're going to explore as much as possible, and soak in the sights to some degree.
>>
>cheeses everything with fire estoc

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>speedrunners can speedrun games

Wow, this really shouldn't be allowed.

I thought Miyazaki was good at this
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.