[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
d00m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: doom combat evolved.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
doom combat evolved.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
Closed beta is out and being streamer by shitters.
Is it as bad as you thought it would be or worse?
>>
Is it the pointless multiplayer that'll be dead in a month, or the campaign that we'll replay over and over again?

I guess it doesn't matter to me, no split screen campaign, no buy.
>>
>main menu is 10FPS on 720p and all effects low/off.
>load into game
>immediately crashes

THEY DID IT AGAIN
>>
>Play Rage
>Sweet!
>Badass!
>Oh cool!
>Man that was sick
>Aww this place again
>What, I gotta go there again
>Okay, here's something new
>Oh... Man.

That 8 hours had a lot of ups and downs, but man the ups were good.

This game I don't see being any different.
>>
its dead john
>>
>No Split screen
>Worthless online mode
>Probably a 5 hour campaign
>Objectives and map markers
>BRUTAL DOOM
>Generic FPS shooter cover, revoked to get a classic throwback case cover over it

Seriously how is this allowed to be called a Doom?
>>
Look how bad THIS PRODUCT is everyone
>>
this whole MP thing seems half assed at best.

not really sure what the fuck they're going for here.
>>
>>332782124
>how is this allowed to be called a Doom?
They bought Doom's rights, Clark.
>>
>>332782227
>lets praise this product even tho its bad just to be proto positive meta contrarians like radit does!
>>
I was cautiously optimistic but just watched a stream

>damage numbers
>slow as fuck
>nameplate UI looks terrible
>terrible UI in general
>washed out colors
>>
>>332783752

Oh and I forgot to add that the weapons are ugly as fuck

Shotgun looks like a triangle, rocket launcher looks like an old computer
>>
>>332783752
Nothing wrong with damage numbers as long as they can be deactivated. There are a lot of variable damage weapons in the game, in fact it's hard to think of one that does the same damage every time. The gauss is the only one (150). I play QL and everyone uses damage numbers for the variable damage weapons there. Agreed on the rest.
>>
Literally "Generic Space Shooter: The Game"
>>
>>332784109

You're right, I think I'm mostly bothered by how they look.

Another thing I just noticed is that the announcer sucks. Sounds bored.
>>
>>332784414
I think he sounds pretty cool
>>
>>332784414
Your gut reaction may be caused by an early association of damage numbers with shit wannabe RPGs like Bordermemes. Not sure if that game even had variable damage.
>>
>>332784697
Don't take it personally. Your voice isn't bad, it just doesn't fit this game. Blame the people who hired you when they should have hired someone with a gravelly voice instead.
>>
>>332785050
What's so wrong with it?
>>
its already dead in twitch KEK
>>
>>332785218
It's not manly. Quake, UT, Halo, they all have manly 35+ year old sounding announcers. You think that's a fluke? In a male power fantasy game you need male power fantasy voice. NuDoom announcer sounds like a baby faced college hipster talking about fashion trends. He might even be gay.

>>332785719
How did you measure that?
>>
>>332785983
>How did you measure that?
>comes out every streamer faggot hype new game as fuck to milk as much viewrs as possible
>clearly visibly on top 10 games
>this normally lasts a few days specially for closed betas
>not even 10 hours and its alrdy down to top 20
not even 2 hour shitty indie games drop this fast, and of course this dosn't mean a game is good or bad but its a very clear indicator that nobody will give a shit about it
>>
>>332785983
He sounds like Paul rudds computer if I'm being honest
>>
It looks like bloodier halo sans the regenerating shields.
>>
>>332786947
/thread
It probably won't be shit, but it's going to be extremely average
>>
It just looks boring, desu.
>>
>>332787178
i feel really bad for you if console fps/halo is the 'average'
>>
Here's a unpopular opinion but I fuckin dig it so far from the few hours I played last night
But I also enjoy Halo and the like along with not having 20yr old rose tinted glasses

If it's any consolation I never played Doom 3 and I played my fair share of OG Doom, quake and unreal. Never fucked with tribes tho
>>
Just took some quick peeks here and there into the some twitch streams. Multiplayer looks like absolute garbage. Really. Maybe Singleplayer will be worthwhile.
>>
File: wut.jpg (18 KB, 468x390) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
18 KB, 468x390
wish me luck guys
>>
whats my name
>>
>>332790309
Good luck mario.
>>
>get email from GAME
>DON'T FORGET YOUR DOOM BETA KEY FROM WOLFENSTEIN
I forgot it even came with it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.