[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DRM is anti-consumer Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1429456204693.jpg (33 KB, 576x416) Image search: [Google]
1429456204693.jpg
33 KB, 576x416
>DRM is anti-consumer

Discuss
>>
depends on the drm
>>
>defining yourself by being a consumer
>>
As a talented indie developer who isn't harmed by piracy, I agree
>>
What is there to discuss? If it in any way shape or form interferes with a player's experience with the game, whether starting it up or playing the game, it's anti-consumer. Even if it's invisible to the player it's never pro-consumer. It doesn't protect them or make the game better. It's just pro-developer/creator in the sense that it protects their product from being pirated, in which typically it's only protected for a few weeks. There is no real aspect about locking a game up that is for the consumer. And if it interferes in any aspect with the consumer's enjoyment of the product, it's against them.
>>
File: 1271464774994.jpg (26 KB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
1271464774994.jpg
26 KB, 512x368
Consumers have proven that they can't be trusted to pay for a product that has no product protection associated with it. So no, its not. Without DRM you wouldn't be getting more product because its owners would not be making enough revenue to ensure that continued investments in said product are worthwhile

Also its 2016, stop smoking already.
>>
File: 1398111901442.jpg (343 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1398111901442.jpg
343 KB, 1200x800
Well yeah. If people want to get into your game through the DRM, they're going to get into it. It could take YEARS for people to crack Denuvo, but I don't really give a shit. It'd have to be a game that's Half Life 3 big, and even then I'd still probably wait for a 75 percent off sale. If they didn't want to pay for the game at full price because they didn't know what the game was like, why the FUCK would they go out and buy it if they weren't able to try out a demo? It boggles the fucking mind.
>>
>>332714528
This is true
All DRM does is make the legit copy of the game less appealing then the illegal copy
DRM does not prevent piracy as it will be cracked eventually
>>
>>332715006
>DRM does not prevent piracy as it will be cracked eventually
What is Denuvo
>>
>>332715006
>DRM does not prevent piracy as it will be cracked eventually
it actually does prevent some piracy because lots of people who would have pirated the game don't want to wait for it to be cracked
>>
>>332715339
If you spent the money to buy a game rather then pirate it just because you had to wait a little while then I'm will to bet you where already planing on buying it
>>
>>332715148
What is SecuROM?
What is Starforce?
What is literally every DRM in existence?

It's really cute that you think that Denuvo will still be used in a decade or so. Eveything gets cracked eventually. Fucking hell those Chinese fellas at 3DM got working cracks for Cisquisition and MGSV. It's not impossible.
>>
>>332715564
>MGSV

Can confirm, Denuvo won't last much longer.
>>
DRM is arbitrary code executed on your computer that's illegal to peek into and prevents you from doing legal things with your game. Anti-consumer isn't the half of it.
>>
>>332714953
friday..
>>
>>332715564
That was an older version of Denuvo, and Inquisition was due to an Origin exploit. Keep believing it'll be hacked.
>>
>>332714528
Discuss what faggot, everyone knows that DRM are literal cancer.
If you disagree you are a ignorant underage fag.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.