[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of you faggots even old enough to remember Fallout 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6
File: 1456850990034.gif (564 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1456850990034.gif
564 KB, 1280x960
Are any of you faggots even old enough to remember Fallout 2? If so, I need your help

Long story short, I am more of a fallout 1 kind of guy. Haven't played F2 in years, and now I keep getting problems that force me to constantly restart the game(And that stupid temple of trials bullshit along with it)

So anyways, I just done all the quests in Klamath, including the Rat God quest, and I am trying to exit the map.

I die

I Try waiting 2 hours to see what is going on

I die

Turns out I literally have 2 Hours to live in the game save after I kill the rat god due to radiation poisoning. That's funny, cause I don't remember there being any radiation in klamath, like I said, I am more of a F1 type of guy.

But one thing I DO remember from F2 is the glitches. Endless glitches, game breaking glitches, minor gltiches, glitches that you don't even know how they even came about. It just never ends, even with Killapp's Unofficial patch, which I am using

So folks, please tell me WTF is going on. Is there any radiation is Klamath or Arroyo(Two Place I have been to) or not? I am not radiated at this moment(5 points from the apples I ate, even bought rad away and it showed that I only have 5 points of radiation)

So the only way to explain it away otherwise is a random, game crippling glitch. WTF should I even do at this point, I cannot travel or anything, I don't have any earlier game saves, I am stuck. I don't want to do the temple of trails again
>>
>Take rad meds
>Use mod that allows you to skip the temple
>Play the superior Fallout 3
>>
>>332701884
there are no rad meds(Aside from the one rad away I bought) And I am not even radiated. The game literally throws around 10000 rads at me at once, unless I absorbed them thru other means earlier, but again, where and how?
>>
>>332701724
yeah, I played Fo2 already back in the days, and last time around couple years ago.

Silly question, but I just gotta ask it: have you EATEN anything in the game?
>>
Did you rescue Smiley? Those green puddles down there are irradiated, I think.
>>
>>332702013
Yeah, apples(Mutfruits) Stimpacks, Lots of healing powder. No jerky cause I know that it doesn't heal HP like in tactics.

Please don't tell me I fucked myself over because I ate a mutfruit ffs
>>
>>332702021
I stepped on one puddle in arroyo while trying to rescue smoke, but it didn't show I was irradiated.

I ate 3 mudfruits for a total of 5 rads, took one radaway(the only one in town) and after that, I am not radiated(The radiated status in CHAR screen doesn't glow)

What is the game even doing to me 2 hours later? I don't get it at all
>>
>>332702154
did a quick Google search, apparently "the fruit" have surprised many players already in the past.
Also, the game has a real background-radiation feature, which really varies from area to area. Sit around in one place too much (or just step into one too radiated puddle), and it's sickness time for you.
>>
>>332702495
I am not irradiated tho, the game shows that I do not have any rads on me

But if that is true, that would explain one thing: I might have gotten fucked when healing Sulik in the rat caves for hours. If that place is radioactive, then I could have just fucked myself over.

But again, why doesn't it reflect that on my CHAR screen? I don't know man, people say that F2 is the best RPG of all time, but I say it's just the glitchest.
>>
>>332702726
It probably won't do much, but can you screencap your CHAR screen and post it here? Download the character editor and check your radiation value?
>>
fallout 4 is better

debate me
>>
>>332702003
Apparently the golden geckos and some mutated rats carry radiation in their bites, but 10000 points worth is pretty crazy, sounds like a bug. Background radiation is a thing too like the other anon said but I don't recall any that early in the game.
>>
First, what version are you playing?

Fallout 2 was extremely glitchy at launch, but most major issues were soon patched.
>>
>>332702495
You have received a large dose of radiation

/\ This message is supposed to appear when you absorb large amounts of rads, and the radiated status is supposed to show after absorbing 66 rads.

I should not have gained more than 66 rads in that case, since I never seen the radiated status yet in my playthru.

>>332702852

Got any links? I would love to check it myself desu. I can't ,take screenshots via print screen key cause I just get the desktop screenshot, not the game
>>
>>332702978
https://sites.google.com/site/chulancheg/F2se.zip?attredirects=0

Have at it. Haven't used it in a long time but rad value shouldn't be hard to find.
>>
>>332702943
Patch 1.02 with Killapp's Unofficial patch. This dude and the NMA community has been stamping out bugs for over 10 years, so there shouldn't be any obvious game breaking bugs like this.

And I can't even google this ffs, all I get is news about fallout 4 or some bullshit
>>
>>332702864
Yes, Fallout 4 is a better FPS than Fallout 2. Fallout 2 was a better RPG though.
>>
File: Fallout 2 Zero Rads.png (24 KB, 636x454) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 2 Zero Rads.png
24 KB, 636x454
Zero rads baby

Then all of a sudden, I feel "Very Nauseous" after 2 hours and ron perlman mocks me one more time
>>
>>332703443
And no poison either. Try waiting two hours, making a separate save and then checking that on the editor, see what changed.
>>
>>332703665
I did, 2 minutes before zero time, and it's all the same. Obviously, I can't just save when I am dead.

This is weird, I literally cannot find anything like this on google, so I don't even know if this is one of the infamous game breaking glitches which haunt this game or my fault thru one in a million fuck up.
>>
Are any of your SPECIAL stats at 1? Are you using any drugs?
>>
>>332703947
Don't know what I can tell you nigga, Unless you used a super-stim or are addicted to Buffout or Jet there's nothing to cause that.
>>
>>332704124
You find none of these as early as klamath, stims or healing powder only

>>332703991
No, nothing changes between the 2 hours. I just suddenly die
>>
>>332704341
I guess the only thing left to do is restart. Level 4 isn't that far anyway, sorry I couldn't help ya.
>>
pretty sure the rat caves are irradiated
>>
>>332704487
Fuck that, this shit is hell for a noncombat character.

Try spending literally 15 minutes of missing and punching the fucking weeds outside in the garden of this one stoner, isn't happening

>>332704587
There are radioactive barrels, but like I said, there are no messages that I have been irradiated or whatever, the character editor confirms it.

I have added 50 radaways atm to my save, I will come back here in a few minutes and say if anything changed
>>
I have played FO2 many times without ever encountering anything like what you're saying, without even installing any community patches on most playthroughs. Sounds odd. If anything it has got to be a bug, but it sounds so bizarre I feel like there's got to be some kind of outlandish explanation for it.

Have you tried resting in small increments and seeing if anything changes over time?
>>
I tried playing fallout 2.

Got to some really fucking long dungeon located in some old agricultural research facility
Couldn't finish.
>>
>>332704963
Yes, every 10 minutes. Nothing

Got a save from 2 minutes before my death where I literally hacked 50 radaways, took them all (Not irradiated at all actually, just addicted myself)

Still die from "Radiation poisoning" Out of nowhere, on the game map or inside the cave or in downtown or wherever else. It's almost like I am a walking nuke that is wired to blow after 2 hours

I can't even explain this at this point, the game might just be too broken for me to even bother with it. I might change a few things around, and see what that will do
>>
I at least found some documentation of what you're talking about, OP. It does appear to be mentioned as a possible bug in the Nearly Ultimate Guide.

http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout2.html

>While playing I suddenly died of radiation sickness for no apparent reason (the message could be glimpsed as the screen faded to white). When I reloaded and rested or travelled for a certain time I'd die again, always at the same moment and no matter where I was. I wasn't radiated at all before then, and Rad-X offered no protection. I loaded another game saved only a short while before the first, and rested. At the moment I would have died in the other save, the message window stated "You feel very nauseous", but I didn't die. Nor was I radiated in any way. I continued playing from there and nothing seemed different. It's possible that this bug also existed in Fallout.

Unfortunately this is just in a list of bugs that have been found, there is no solution presented except reloading an earlier save, and honestly if it isn't in this guide I very much doubt it exists.

If adding super rad resistance/radaway to your character via the editor doesn't save you, I'd chalk this one up as a lesson about keeping rotating through save files.
>>
>>332705280
>TFW people still claim that this is the best game ever made

Well, I am glad that I got this chalked up to some very bizarre engine glitch vs worrying myself to death that I fucked up at one point.

At this point, I saved every few minutes in the rat caves when I found something good cause even tho this was my first video game I played, I don't remember too much about it today desu except it's hard as shit.

If I keep getting the same result in every save, then I will just start again and keep more distanced out saves. Thanks for the tip, reading the guide myself but I am trying not to give myself any spoilers
>>
>>332705714
FO2 is one of my absolute favorite games of all time, but I wouldn't say it's one of the best.

Given how many times I replayed it -- I've lost count a long time ago -- before I even had the mod that removes the temple of trials, I can only say that if you are that averse to restarting after only hitting level 4, this game just isn't for you. I'd still encourage you to stick with it because I think so highly of it, and really, you got hit with something that is super fringe. Like I said, I've lost count of playthroughs, and I'd never even heard of it.

For what it's worth, if you get absolutely horribly stuck, I'd definitely consult that guide, but you don't need it most of the time. You probably remember the game being a lot harder than it actually is since it was your first game.
>>
>>332706089
Of course I am going to finish it

I am one of the biggest fans of fallout out there. F2 is my first video game I played period, and yet, it's the only Fo game I never finished to the end.

Like I said, the only problems are the glitches for me. Fallout 1 also had them, but it was a small little game so you didn't notice it, and tacitcs(Which I just got back from) Is solid as fuck, even if it also wasn't finished like Fo2.

Even if I have to go thru the temple again, I will keep at it until I finally finish the game. It might be better this way anyways, I just realized that I didn't activate B team mod until AFTER I started the game, which means that now I will have shirtless sulik for the rest of the game unless I restart
>>
Does anyone remember that guy who insisted on basically let's playing his "first" game of fallout here on /v/ with pictures and had 1 agility, then got addicted to jet and had effectively zero? I always wanted to finish that story.
>>
It's not a glitch, you're likely getting it from enemies. I know geckos give you it but molerats and some other enemies might give you it too.
>>
>>332706917
He beat the game with it. I think he posted a pic of him at Frank Horrigan on /vr/
>>
>>332707051
Damn I am sure it wasn't popular enough to ever get a chance to read it now. I'll take a look anyway.
>>
File: 1443434979244.gif (3 MB, 342x244) Image search: [Google]
1443434979244.gif
3 MB, 342x244
>>332706960
>I didn't read the extremely limited number of replies already in this thread before making a post that wouldn't even have been helpful if it was the first one
>>
>>332701724
consider trying out the unofficial fan patch. It fixes thousands of bugs and allows you to optionally add in cut content/rebalances.
>>
>>332707435
Anything to bump a so far good Fallout thread, calm down anon.
>>
File: 1345613055259.jpg (70 KB, 527x494) Image search: [Google]
1345613055259.jpg
70 KB, 527x494
>>332707631
What makes you think I'm not calm?
>>
>>332707758
Because you sperged out for no reason
>>
File: 1434070446818.jpg (14 KB, 333x509) Image search: [Google]
1434070446818.jpg
14 KB, 333x509
>>332707867
>no one can ever point out when I say something dumb because it means they have assburgers
Great defense anon
>>
>>332707758
>>332707631
EVERYBODY CALM DOWN
>>
File: 1430179126652.gif (209 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
1430179126652.gif
209 KB, 450x350
>>332708031
>>
>>332701724
I remember going to The Glow, not realizing it was full of radiation, then saving right after searching the first level. Lost all my progress
>>
>>332708006
>something dumb
I already explained nigga
>>332708031
FUCK YOU I AM CALM
>>
I don't have to remember. I got it off GOG.

I just wish it had better natural progression, like Fallout 1.
>>
>>332708210
>literally called The Glow
But how?
>>
>>332708483
maybe he's chinese
>>
>>332708581
You'd think a Chinaman smart enough to learn proper English would know better than to run straight into a place so irradiated it's called The Glow.
>>
>>332708727
I dunno. "The Grow" sounds like a welcoming place
>>
>>332708395
Fallout 2 so far has the best progression out of any fallout games, period

You don't even find a gun until the first town you visit, and even then it's a shitty musket

Every other FO game you get at least a 10mm handed to you at start, and in tactics you literally start out with an mp5
>>
>>332708395
This, Fallout 2 has more content but on the other hand it doesn't feel as concise and focused as Fallout 1.
>>
>>332709094
I ended up getting a CAWS near the start of Fallout 2. You can get free shit right off the bat from patrols in random encounters.
>>
>>332709567
steal can be a good friend
>>
So I just confirmed that every single save I got ends in the same manner

I am planning to start the game again, this time with B Mod installed right off the bat

But fuck me, I literally wasted my entire day just to get kicked in the balls
>>
>>332709871
You don't even need steal when you can just wait for a Vault City patrol to bite the dust for some good loot.
>>
>>332710305
Yeah, but free bozars and all the 223 you can carry
>>
>>332709567
>>332710305
>>332710490
You're just teasing me at this point, I haven't gotten any farther than klamath all week thanks to the bugs and fuckups but this brings up some good childhood memories
>>
>>332710305
You could just shoot Eldridge, carry all the weapons and ammo you could wish for then make a run for Vault 15 and get that sweet flamer.
>>
OP, did you grab the Rad-X in the locker on the first floor of the Toxic Caves? If not, you should try that before you leave the map.
>>
>>332710698
I always kill him, Vic, and Tubby. Sometimes the San Fran arms dealer too.
>>
>>332711189
Not Vic, I meant Flick
>>
Is the megamod or restoration mod worth getting? I want to play the game as it was intended to, with minimal amounts of glitches from here on out, but I also want the authentic experience that someone would get from F2, aside from the glitches
>>
>>332711372
Restoration is pretty good, never heard about megamod.
>>
Should I play the original fallouts? ive only played 3 and new vegas, liked new vegas more, but i really think i should extend my time with the fallout series, i just dont know if i could get into them. Anything guys?
>>
>>332711372
I play the steam version with no problems. I think it just uses official patch 1.02 and the wide screen mod.
>>
>>332701724
I was old enough but I never played it or the first one until years later. They're really good, I was just into other games at the time.
>>
>>332711764
Yes. The 3D games can't compare to the level of freedom you get in Fallout 2.
>>
>>332711764
Can you deal with a clunky interface, slow turns and lots and lots of brown? If so, then yes.
>>
>>332711764
Shitty gameplay and really neat writing, give it a shot.
>>
>>332711764
Play all of them in this order:

Fallout(NPC Mod so companions can change armor and use all weapons)-Fallout Tactics(Cannon, even if some sources say otherwise)-Fallout 2(Killapp's Unofficial Patch and B-Team Mod, optionally you can also get restoration mod for cut content)-Fallout 3(All DLC)-New Vegas(All DLC)-Fallout 4(Wait until all the DLC comes out and play on PC with mods)

That is what I am doing now because this is the timeline.

Hell of a trip, I will say, and I am not even halfway done. Playing the games in this order gives you respect for how far the franchise has gone, and it slowly introduces new ideas and content which most new gen players take for granted. Bonus points for playing with one SPECIAL/Traits/Tag build in all games without any changes between games
>>
>>332712409
>i never got to the end game the post
>>
>>332711764
Do it. But be worn, if you do you will forever be butt blasted at how Bethesda botches the fallout setting and lore. luck runs with gambling are the most fun
>>
>>332712687
Gambling is literally the most useless skill in fallout

Why? Let's have a rundown by each game, shall we?

Fallout-Nothing in stores, can easily buy anything you want by selling gear
Fallout tactics-Pre patched version only limits you to gambling, but you will always win every match, even if you offer no money or loot in return. In other words, when there is gambling option, the characters literally give all their stuff to you. There is one quartermaster in the game which has the same pool of items as the other ones, including power armor and 50cal bullets, and you can get it all for free without ever increasing gambling skill
Fallout 2-As other pointed out, it's easy enough to get good loot early on, for free

in NV, gambling isn't a skill
>>
>>332712551
I have. Even if I hadn't, a person who couldn't deal with the things I mentioned would not reach the end of the games.
>>
>>332713107
Not really, with 300 gambling you have literally infinite money.
>>
>>332713259
...And nothing to spend it on

In tactics, 300 is the same as 10
>>
>>332713454
lets you cheese mad do$h early game to spend on supplies and weapons that in turn carry you out of the grindy early game. Left the Den with over a thousand moneys in my last playthrough.
>>
>>332711372
I played with the restoration mod and it didn't feel like it was adding much to the experience. Also, the new content was horribly written but I think that was to be expected.
>>
>>332714169
Maybe that's why it was cut?

EPA was littered with stupid pop culture references, for example. Finding Sulik's sister would be the only worthwhile thing for me
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.