[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a thread where we can give our impressions on the Platinum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: platdemoffxv.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
platdemoffxv.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
This is a thread where we can give our impressions on the Platinum Demo of FFXV.
Let me go first.

This tech "demo" is a horrible idea and it is going to unsell people on the game.
If you have played Duscae 2.0 you are going to realize quickly how shit it is.
Pissall content.
No camping, no buddy attacks, no big boss, no summon, no big open area to explore.
And what the fuck have they done to the COMBAT? The combat in Duscae 2.0 was actually GREAT they fixed everything they had to and now they have completely revamped it FOR WHAT FUCKING REASON? Now it's unresponsive as shit an the menus are gone and replaced with a bunch of icons and it plays like an even more simple version of KH.
The graphics are nice one second in the forest and then the city looks like dog shit, literally like a PS3 game - I was comparing to Ass Creed Unity and wow it's pathetic.
Music was nice, effects were great.
Also they hid most of the shit that actually makes the last batle good like the shield is hidden on a balcony why the fuck did they do that? Fighting the Iron Giant is unresponsive as fuck, nothing can be dodged so what is the point of having the command?

Please someone tell me what the fuck is good about the combat, I'm so confused as to why they threw the Duscae 2.0 combat out and put this unfinished shit in...
>>
SOMEONE else must have this demo right now?
>>
>>332695143
i manage to dodge all the golem's attack: dont keep square pressed, just tap it when you have to dodge.
somehow that works
>>
>>332694361

This demo is basically a shitty "tech demo" that has option asking whether you want to buy the full game or not at the end.

This shit is probably one of the worst demos ever made.

Also the Duscae demo had better combat and was much more interesting than this.
>>
It already unsold me on the game.
My question is: Did they change the combat, or did they just make the demo be a terrible representation of it?
I mean, I was already getting pretty bored going around a pretty, low framerate, unconsistent frametime, low antialiased areas, while pressing buttons and collecting tech demo collectables, but getting to fight the golem immediately made the game utter shit. Fighting the high level golem was even worse.
>>
>>332694361
>The combat in Duscae 2.0 was actually GREAT
If you never played any other game in your life maybe you can think that but it was actually pretty bad
>>
+Looks nice
+Nice music
+Carbuncle is cute

-Unresponsive
-Constantly locked to animation frames
-Unless you cheese the boss with 3x warp strikes you basically have to get hit
-Magic sucks
-Too barebones, even for a demo
>>
This was the first demo I've played and, well...

It was boring. I don't see anything remotely interesting here.
>>
its as if they are trying their hardest to make the game some weird rpg/realtime button masher thing
if they just gave it hard souls combat at its core but just flashed it up and made it a lot more forgiving youd have a good game on your hands but they are DETERMINED to make it as idiot friendly as possible and by doing that it appeals to nobody because of how fucking clunky it becomes
>>
>>332696539
Well yeah, the faggot behind Kingdom Hearts is working on it. That game was already fucking garbage but this needs to appeal to more people so they dumbed it down even further.
>>
>>332696712
is there ANYONE that actually likes the combat though, like genuinely thinks its perfect?
>>
>>332696906
Of course not. The goal isn't to get people to like it anymore, it's to get people to buy it and not hate it.
>>
Am I the only one who found this shit harder the ED?
I spent ages enjoying ED, but then this came out and I can't get into the combat at all. I press dodge and it takes a good five seconds before it registers. No idea what the hell happened.
Carbuncle is sweet as hell though. Naming him was hard.
>>
>>332697209
Not harder. Shittier.
>>
>>332697329
But why? Genuinely don't understand why they made it shit. The parrying and combos were great before - this was just nothing.
>>
>>332696539
>you basically have to get hit
The frames for the magic dodge are fucking massive, considering how low the framerate is you get almost half a second +- from the hitbox

Try to royal guard in DMC and tell me this isn't kiddy biscuits in comparison
>>
File: 1449976600303.png (144 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449976600303.png
144 KB, 1000x1000
My impressions:
-Looks good. Can't really complain. I'm not a huge Nomura monster fan but they weren't terrible.
-Sounds nice. Good music, but reminded my of FF13 too much.
-Animal combat is cool.

-Shit combat. Hold down circle to attack. Hold square to not get hit. Kinda stupid. Having the d-pad skills was nice tho.
-Shit framerate. I really hope it was just the demo because that shit was sad.
-Special effects looked like crap.
-Didn't explain the magic throwing system or the warp system. I pressed triangle and learned something new but I can't say I knew how to apply it.
-Do you want to purchase this title? No fuck you.

I hope that it's a problem with the demo and not the game.
>>
>>332697415
Because everything's been stripped out this time around
>>
This is crazy. I was expecting to see max hype for this game but everyone hates the demo. I guess I'm seriously the only perain who enjoyed it. Also, I didn't know you could hold circle to attack or hold square, I just tapped them and the battle system didn't seem bad.

I'll agree with the .5 second slow reaction to dodging. And the animation locks are dumb, I've always hated it.
>>
>>332698539
It didn't do anything to hype me up or leave me disappointed. It was just there. The only worry is that the performance is garbage.

I just hope the storyline isn't obnoxious trash that spends 49 hours on boy band trip and 1 hour on things that are actually interesting.
>>
Disappointing, for sure. Never played the 1st demo, but I got bored and didn't even finish...
>>
>>332697491
>it didn't explain how to do x or y
>I HOPE THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH THE DEMO NOT THE GAME

You think the game will not feature a tutorial of any kind?
>>
>>332696712
KH had way better and responsive combat than this though
>>
How long was the demo?
>>
>>332698539
It felt a little weird to me that you could hit your weapons outside of battle by tapping circle, but in battle the controls are changed.

I didn't play the previous demos so I was a bit weirded out by the controls being different in battle, and the whole input in everything felt really clunky
>>
>>332700080
20-30 minute if you just rush through it
a few hours if you actually try out shit and find the extra weapons
>>
I absolutely loved it. I loved the combat, and I liked that exploring and collecting the gems gave you rewards like the Radiant Sword or Shining Hammer. It made combat much faster.
>>
> literally like a PS3 game
Have you PLAYED games on the PS3?

No seriously, while I agree it is sub par this demolishes everything on PS3 BY FAR.

PS3 games are like eyecancer.
>>
The animation delay on the two handed weapons were entirely too long for them to be useful. You'd just get stuck in the animation and be unable to dodge. It felt better when using the one handed sword but even still that shit could have been a lot better.
>>
>>332696712
The KH guy left the project a long time ago, and KH (particularly KH2FM) has much better combat than this game. If anything KH combat would be a massive improvement.
>>
>>332700532
You need to stop holding it on too Long

some of the faster attacks like forward O attacks recover faster
>>
>>332700532
also when you let go of O you go into a stance where if you hold O agian you end up in a CHARGE ATTACK stance
>>
3 threads isn't enough?

Anyway I loved it. Found the hidden weapons, figured out different weapon skills and combos.

Turned out to be a lot of fun.
>>
>>332701939
some people just REFUSE to figure out how to play the game so they all gotta bitch about it in their own threads man
>>
File: 1459464467313.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1459464467313.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>332694361
>15 fps cinematic experience
>>
I love the time/weather changing. Everything looked great.

Once you figure out different direction attacks, skills and combos, shield usage them the combat becomes 100 times more fun.
>>
>>332702057
>pcucks face when they realize they spent $1000 for a device with no games
>>
>>332696712
the guy who directed kingdom hearts, nomura, actually left. The combat was going to be similar to kingdom hearts but alot more refined and complex but then tabata became the director due to nomura leaving to persue kh3 and the remake of ff7. Tabata pretty much revamped the gameplay to be more like a cinematic experience where anybody, even old and stupid people, could play and just sit and relax and let fights play out. The duscae demo got lots of feedback to revert it back to more of a kingdom hearts like gameplay but I feel tabata just couldnt let that happen and now this demo displays what he wants to do and what he has been doing to make the game as shit as possible.
>>
File: FFXV Demo hidden weapons.webm (3 MB, 888x500) Image search: [Google]
FFXV Demo hidden weapons.webm
3 MB, 888x500
>>332702043

It's a shame in a way. A lot of people will just simply hold O for 20 minutes and call it quits.

They should've had a more in-depth tutorial. I'm hoping there's a proper combat demo in the works for release closer to September.

Anyway, here's how to get she shuriken and shield. Some kind anon posted this earlier.
>>
>>332696906Probably dragon age inquisition fans
>>
>>332702587

Oh, I think they're Platinum Plates, so you need 300 crystals to unlock them.
>>
>>332702467
Tabata did talk about having two different gameplay styles, a casual one and more hardcore one. We haven't heard about that in a while though so who knows if that's even in the final game.
>>
I hope the fact that most people are to stupid to try out the combat system a little more won't cause bad feedback that will change the game again
The game is fine as it is now except for performance
But the combat will be good, not KH2FM perfect, but way better than the demo considering your party and 90% of the combat system is not even included in the demo
>>
The combat is a lot better than I thought.

Try this, its pretty fun

>Broadsword Aircombo
>into Air Shuriken
>into warp to building
>into Greatsword Warp Strike from high up on building
>Greatsword attack- pause- Greatsword attack HOLD (activates Charge Attack)
>Charge up and unlease the damage!
>then cancel that charge attack into tempest (hold stick away from opponent and attack with greatsword while locked on)
>magic aim Fireball(cancels tempest animation)
>fireball Throw

Shit can get pretty crazy.

My only gripe is the framerate, and the lock-on is still wonky, as well as magic missing so much.
>>
File: 1457243924173.jpg (163 KB, 650x560) Image search: [Google]
1457243924173.jpg
163 KB, 650x560
>>332694361

I wonder why so many negative nannies. I actually liked both demos equally. I'll be fine with whatever battle system they put in the final product. Did I forget to mention I'm a huge SE cocksucker?
>>
There's a radiant sword in the house where you're mini. Does more damage than the toy sword. You need 100 gems.
>>
>>332694361
isnt the holding square shit to attack just for this dream kid shit demo?
>>
File: 1409177570924.jpg (131 KB, 372x316) Image search: [Google]
1409177570924.jpg
131 KB, 372x316
>pc shitters being shitters over game they cant have and so desperately wanted
>>
>>332702960
>Tabata did talk about having two different gameplay styles, a casual one and more hardcore one.

Oh yeah I remember that.

Hope it's true.
>>
File: Ce6xVy1WsAIlK1N.jpg (54 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Ce6xVy1WsAIlK1N.jpg
54 KB, 1024x576
>cucks in this thread saying the game looks good

did we play the same fucking demo people? or did i get some sort of special demo with the graphics turned down to absolute shit.
>>
>>332703529
Knowing Tabata, holding the button is probably the casual mode and tapping the button is the "hardcore" style
>>
>>332703594
holy fuck these textures, that res...

this is JUST tier
>>
>>332703594

Some things looked good, some look bad.
>>
File: 1447767932698.jpg (86 KB, 355x461) Image search: [Google]
1447767932698.jpg
86 KB, 355x461
>Fighting the giant
>its night and its raining
>it goes down
>this starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44AKhTPWBGA

>mfw

holy shit what a fucking feeling I got after that fight. I just hope that they throw in some improvements to the combat before release. Almost everything else is perfect.
>>
I'm glad it will come out on PC way later, the threads would be filled with nothing except how shit this game looks and noone would talk about the gameplay or anything else
>>
>>332694361

>10 FPS
>hold square to not get hit
>hold circle to hit
>if you idle in the main menu you will realize that there is a day-night cycle going on
>>
>>332703914

I hope it does too. I'd gladly buy it again on PC.
>>
How the hell are you supposed to grab that gem that's floating on the city? The one behind a few trees.
>>
>>332703981
I'd love to see you fight the golem with just holding circle and square and laugh at you
>>
Anybody manage to get out of the map yet? I've found a few areas that might show promise, but I haven't gotten there yet. Mostly floating across fences and stacking blocks.
>>
>>332704128

There's a ledge or something in that area. Just gotta look around.
>>
>>332704213
Do you get anything special if you collect all the gems? I think that's the only one I didn't get.
>>
>>332704128
Tone one with the crate under it?
You can easily farm 999 crystal by fighting monster though, the goblins respawn and the gold plate that spawns monsters too, just use meteorain and you have 999 in a few minutes
>>
I like the gameplay in XV for the most part, but what is even the point of the warp strikes? They make the game overly easy since you can remove and put yourself back in the action at will, and warping to the same five points over and over while fighting a boss gets old real fast. They also, unfortunately, seem to be the only way to beat a boss without chipping away at them for twenty minutes.
>>
>>332703356
OP clearly must have had played it. Also get your system warrior ass back to /ps4/ where it belongs
>>
>>332704263

I think 200 gems unlocks silver plates, and 300 unlocks platinum plates.

You can get extra weapons for chibi noct and older noct.
>>
We're really judging a tech demo where you only get one party member as opposed to four and wasn't meant to be indicative of the full game

/v/ being /v/ i guess
>>
Tabata is so cute.
>>
>muh framerate, muh grafics
>people sucking and blaming it on the game
This thread is almost like a parody of /v/.
It just needs more consolewar faggotry.
>>
>>332704467
>wasn't meant to be indicative of the full game
What the fuck was it, then? Do you know what a demo is? I haven't looked this up but I'm guessing it has something to do with being a demonstration of the actual product.
>>
I would prefer Weapon Skills back on a single button, easy to access, rather than a directional input
>>
Meh.

Very pretty, but damn is that combat sluggish as Hell. Hope they spend the next six months speeding it up.
>>
>>332704467
a demo is supposed to sell you on the game
>>
>>332704594
Well, the demo has no party and you can tell that pretty much 99% of the spells, combos, weapons, abilites and other shit are not in the demo
It's just a techdemo with some combat in it
>>
File: 1.png (123 KB, 432x403) Image search: [Google]
1.png
123 KB, 432x403
No one else probably cares, but I hate the design of carbuncle in this game. Looks like some kind of mangy animal with a dog penis glued to it's head. Pic related is from FFXI and is a better attempt at a 'realistic' looking carbuncle.
>>
Does the demo have some kind of manual lock-on or is purely automatic? I kept on targeting enemies I didn't want to target and fuck me if I could ever get thunder to actually hit an enemy.
>>
>>332694361

hehehehe
pecker head
>>
File: 1420535289401.jpg (28 KB, 496x379) Image search: [Google]
1420535289401.jpg
28 KB, 496x379
I hope the full game doesn't have Magic attacks locked to the dpad. That's going to severely reduce combat combinations.
>>
>>332704951

Hard lock on is R3.
>>
>>332705071

Don't you mean dick head?
>>
>>332704951
Pretty much the same as KH
When you get close to an enemy a soft lock happens, you can hold l1 to make it a hard lock as long as you hold the button or press r3 to turn it into a hard lock until you press it again or until the enemy is dead
>>
File: Carbuncle-ffv-ios-enemy.png (48 KB, 169x202) Image search: [Google]
Carbuncle-ffv-ios-enemy.png
48 KB, 169x202
>>332704847
I've always been a fan of FFV Killbuncle version, even if that isn't what you get to summon in the end. XI version is my 2nd fav.
>>
>>332704847

ey fuck you he's cute

He has a light green tinge.
>>
File: 1459100842457.jpg (549 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1459100842457.jpg
549 KB, 1023x682
I enjoyed it more than FFXIII.

That's enough for me. it does help I have a weakness for teleportation based combat, fuck it was nice
>>
File: 1357410761874.gif (2 MB, 170x127) Image search: [Google]
1357410761874.gif
2 MB, 170x127
did anytone elses game glitch the fuck out during the iron giant fight, about half way through the fight the lighting just got super bright to the point that I literally could not see a thing when looking at a certain angle, and then it continued into the final cutscene

i recorded it so ill post webms if anyones curious
>>
>>332705120
Pretty sure they were confirmed by the ATR, and now the demo, they are an equippable item. So they have to be on the d-pad. I hate how magic targets the ground, rather than the person
>>
>>332705332
I just wonder how warp points are gonna work in more open areas. It's fun warping up that huge building but the lamp post things were kind of lame
>>
>>332705448
Didn't happen to me but I'm curious so go ahead.
>>
>>332705550
It probably just wont or it'll be thrown a certain distance and if you don't teleport in time then you simply don't teleport or something.

Either that or trees. Lots of trees.
>>
>>332705448

Did you by chance step on one of the weather control plates?
>>
>>332705528

That sucks. Maybe the full game will have weapon sets you can switch on the fly. Constantly going to the menu and changing attacks would get old fast.
>>
File: 1370256481137.png (100 KB, 352x308) Image search: [Google]
1370256481137.png
100 KB, 352x308
Pro-tip

The combat is REALLY BAD, like worse than Witcher 1 bad, like 10 times worse than Batman bad.

You can literally win ANY non boss fight in the demo by literally holding down SQUARE and CIRCLE (defend and attack). That's it. Just put something there and go away for a while, it's guaranteed that you will kill everything without ever being hit.

To fight bosses, just spam TRIANGLE in and out of his reach and that's it, you won. At least now you need to actually take a look at what is going on.

They managed to kill my hype with this pre-release demo, truly the japs have done it again.
>>
File: IMG_6585_1.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6585_1.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>332705721
>>332705775
not that i know off, this was really fucking up and i doubt/hope it isn;t intended

excuse the garbage quality i just recorded it on my phone
>>
>>332706178
To be fair all the enemies are all level 1 so it's not surprising that they're piss easy.
>>
>>332706178
You never played Episode Duscae against Behemoth.
>>
>>332706407
That's just the radiant power of the PS4 dude.
>>
File: IMG_6586.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6586.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>332706407
and here's it freaking out during the final cutscene

least now we know for sure they're rendered in game i guess lol
>>
I have no idea as I couldn't play Duscae and have no idea what the real game is like

I mean it was pretty and had good music

They sure as shit aren't going to sell anyone with this demo
>>
Heck I liked it, but the combat was pretty barebones, they should have given us more stuff to play around it, like companions, more weapons and magic spells, maybe a summon.

I expected this demo to be filled with shit to dick around with.
>>
>>332706773
>completed the demo so hard that you transcended dreams and became the universe itself

Congrats anon.
>>
File: qEd0gdd.png (70 KB, 1667x1269) Image search: [Google]
qEd0gdd.png
70 KB, 1667x1269
Don't mind me, just posting this completely unrelated web comic haha
>>
>>332705448
After I died my game started running in slow motion for like a minute

I recorded it but I'm too lazy to get it off my ps4
>>
>>332703069
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/%20Try%20this%2C%20its%20pretty%20fun/

Please stop
>>
>>332707526
Wow you just uncovered the secret that copypasta exists, congratulations.
>>
>>3327075
How many levels of irony are we under?
>>
File: 1370808360052.png (367 KB, 1024x652) Image search: [Google]
1370808360052.png
367 KB, 1024x652
>>332694361
>tfw i glitched into the ground during the end fight
and the game goes '' You are in a restricted area WHOA take it easy! so much for a limit break ey?''
>>
>>332707049
What is this comic meant to mean? Unlike ToR nobody really wanted FFXV to be bad, especially after 10 years of waiting. Most people are genuinely disappointing it turned out this way, not celebrating its shittiness.
>>
I actually thought they improved on the Duscae combat a lot. That managed to be even less responsive and have some shitty deck system so you never actually had control of what your character was doing besides weapon skills.

I still don't see what they're going for with this combat. Hopefully the full game is more strategic and has a decent amount of gear and character building. Otherwise all they really have is a janky ARPG system that would be much much better off as something more traditional.
>>
I found the demo a little easy at first but I challenged the level 15 Iron Giant and he wrecked my shit in, Carbuncle must have raised me 8 times.

I need to play it again to get a better feel of the combat.

What did /v/ name their Carbuncle at the end.?
>>
If anything, this shit made me worry about what's going to happen to FF VII
>>
>>332700290
>Radiant Sword or Shining Hammer

HOW2GET
>>
>>332708184
radiant sword should be hidden in the room with all the toys

shining hammer should be in the level after that (look for the plates and collect many crystal shards)
>>
>>332708038
It's meant to show that /v/ just wants another train wreck to happen so they can be all "Fokken called it"
>>
The combat works fine cinsodering everything liek a party and abilites and shit is still missing
But it badly needs animation cancelling and especially for air combos
>>
Holding Square allows for "auto-dodge" this is a basic auto evasion of attacks just like it says, but it does not work on everything. If you Tap square you dodge roll, which is possible to get out of situations where you literally cannot just auto-dodge. Auto dodge also uses MP if i recall correctly. I thought the combat was a nice change desu Though I still wish they'd just go full KH on us.

>Also they hid most of the shit that actually makes the last batle good like the shield is hidden on a balcony why the fuck did they do that?

So you'd explore and use the warp command and you know, test things out.
>>
>>332695845
This, or dodge roll out of the way. I think holding square only works against trash enemies like goblins.
>>
>>332708105
>I challenged the level 15 Iron Giant and he wrecked my shit in
You're supposed to use the warp points, they keep you safe from hos attacks and doing a warp strike off of them does massive damage and makes the fight piss easy. I actually forgot all about them too my first time fighting him and got fucked up as well.
>>
>>332708314
But that isn't the case at all with this game
>>
>>332696349
>Magic sucks

Firework sucks, but the other ones were OP.
>>
wait how do I use the platinum sword no one has it?
>>
>>332694361
The input lag and framerate were awful.
The game felt like it was playing itself except for the end boss because I had to dodge sometimes.
It feels like a sluggish Kingdom Hearts

Was hyped but now I'm not interested anymore.
>>
Can you dodge attacks while doing midair combos? I tried but it never seemed to work. Pretty sure we saw Noctis doing it in that imperial base infiltration trailer.
>>
>>332696906
>Knock down enemy with a sword
>Switch to squeaky hammer and crush their skull with it

That was kinda cool.

Also, I don't get why people are complaining about magic. It's easy to aim if you aren't a complete spazz and locking on auto casts it at whatever enemy you're targeting.
>>
>>332708736
doesn't seem like it in the demo

might be an ability you get later
>>
>>332708736
You kind off can, but since there're no inv frames on the moves it's useless except for the warp move, but that one does not cancel animations.
How the fuck does it still have so many flaws that people who played the demo notive right away yet noone fixes them
>>
>>332702306
The exam for driving licence had more fps and better graphics than this shit.
Also, Square is heavily considering porting this to PC since their shit engine can't churn a proper shadow on this low end hardware so it will sell badly, so fucking badly .. have to sell more games to cut the losses, you see ?

See you in a few months again when your next NEVER EVER title will be a 480p/9fps.
>>
File: 1458796694774.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1458796694774.gif
1 MB, 250x250
am I the only one that actually really likes the new combat system?
Not gonna lie, it took a couple of fights but once you get used to it it actual has more to it than just holding two buttons, especially once you unlock the shield and shuriken and realize that directional inputs change your moves.
>>
File: 1443064336487.png (231 KB, 480x309) Image search: [Google]
1443064336487.png
231 KB, 480x309
>mfw Leviathan going overhead into the lake
>>
This was a horrible way to show off this game. Was the combat always this shit? And how was I supposed to use warp? I saw no where that gave me signals or anything, just a thing that said I could use it. Was there some in-game guide I didn't read? I feel like I'm missing something here.
>>
>>332694361
I am just wondering a couple things.

Why does it look and play worse than Duscae?

How the fuck does it manage to look worse then the FFXIII trilogy?
>>
>>332709101

i love it too

you can pull of some cool shit with the shuriken and shield mid-combo

magic misses too much though
>>
I hope the actual game has tons and tons of abilities because the game needs unless it wants to be themost unbalanced game ever created
It needs quick recovery, air quick recovery, combo and ir combo cancel etc.
And the falling damage is fucking retarded
>>
>>332701939
There were weapon skills? Also, what all was hidden? I found the Radiant hammer and sword, meteor, rain, and lightning. Did I miss anything?
>>
>>332709218

You're an idiot.
>>
>>332709218
>How the fuck does it manage to look worse then the FFXIII trilogy?

Crystal Tools, motherfucker.
>>
>>332704747
The event actually is partly responsible in explaining about the tech demo in the first place.
>>
WHY DOES THIS GAME NOT HAVE ANIMATION CANCEL
WHY SHOULD I EVER DO GREATSWORD AND AIR COMBOS IF I CAN'T CANCEL OUT OF THEM
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>332708736
yes, pressing in any direction makes you dodge in that direction, however if you don't time it right you need to let go of attack button or you charge right back into it and get hit.
Take in mind that dodging midair costs MP and doesn't seem to work against his grab.
>>
>>332709201
you warp by holding the triangle button. if you're hard lock-on to the enemy, you can't warp to the environment and instead warp towards the enemy.
>>
>>332704276
There are plates that recharge your elemental energy.

He's really weak to fire
>>
Why is the framerate so bad? I am convinced I couldn't dodge the golem for shit because of low, choppy framerate.
>>
>>332708736
Move the stick to the side or back and tap circle.
>>
Seriously though why didn't we get this as a demo instead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO7nyrNBFXA
>>
>>332709591
Git Gud. The framerate and input lag are absolutely awful though
>>
>>332709246
when you time the block just right while having the shield equipped it actually stuns the iron giant.
There's definitley more to the combat than people give the game credit for
>>
>half as many unique posters as replies

Shitposters putting in overtime.
>>
File: AnsemSoDWithGuardianKHI.png (1 MB, 1225x1210) Image search: [Google]
AnsemSoDWithGuardianKHI.png
1 MB, 1225x1210
>>332709452
YOU MUST COMMIT, NOT SUBMIT
>>
Holy fuck the Golem is fucking a counter bitch.

I warp strike to him and immediately he does a un-dodgeable move.
Fuck sake.
>>
>>332709541
I guess I didn't hold it after I unlocked off of the enemy.
>>
I liked it, though it wasn't very dense. The combat was a bit wonky and it feels weird to switch on the fly rather than through combos; I guess if you're holding O and not tapping it it makes sense, since your thumb can just reach over, but for the tappers it kinda breaks the rhythm I think.
>>
File: CRLBrKTUYAAa-cM.jpg (27 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CRLBrKTUYAAa-cM.jpg
27 KB, 599x337
I'm still kinda disappointed they didn't go full KH with the combat, but I do admit that this demo's warmed up to me a little.

still kinda 'meh' about the game itself, tho
>>
I'm sure the full game will be a lot more complex than this demo, but I do agree it's not the best way to show off what XV has to offer. Or a great way to sell it.

I wish there was a Duscae 3.0 showing what to expect in Sept. A lot of people are forgetting this demo is purposely simple for "newcomers".
>>
did anyone watch the first episode of that anime?
>>
File: Cidney.webm (970 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Cidney.webm
970 KB, 1000x562
>>332709707

Yeah that's really cool.

To bad majority of people won't even know of shield's existence because they just held O throughout.
>>
>>332705448
I got pushed through the floor by the fat cunt and a message popped up saying I was somewhere I wasn't meant to be then it teleported me to the entrance of the arena
>>
>>332694361
where do I get this demo??
>>
>>332709857
I don't mind that the boss is tricky. I mind that the rest of the demo has you against enemies who you don't even have to try to fight and then suddenly throwing in enemy who you suddenly have to dodge even though you had no reason to practice earlier.

Seriously, I completed several fights just holding down B.
>>
>>332708314
But 90% of /v/ wants this to be good though...
>>
>>332710026

>wanting it to play exactly like KH

That's retarded.
>>
>>332710131
Was anyone else expecting the car to clip through the road as it was lowered?
>>
>>332710060
Like casuals? What if I didn't play Duscae? My impression of the game would've been "This is incredibly simple and garbage, they should've never moved to action".
>>
>>332710131
So is Cidney going to be this game's version of Cid?
>>
So you can do directional inputs with the greatsword to get different movesets? It's just with the d pad, no?
>>
>>332710227
I wanted KH2 but slower and heavier, but i got something that took 10 years too create a combat system that makes no sense
It's like everyone threw an idea into a pot and they tried to combone everything no matter what
>>
>>332710146
on PS4
Games
Pre Order
FFXV

and it'll be right there on the game's page.
>>
>>332710324

Cid is her grandfather.

But yes, she fixes your car and shit.
>>
I kinda like both but I did like the different weapon depending on type of attack you're doing more interesting. having a polearm as your opener followed by your main combo being a ninja shuriken being fun, maybe if they could have worked the magic aspect into that system where you could combo with a spell.

Oh well
>>
>>332710309
And I agree, this demo isn't the smartest way to sell the game to people that are debating whether to buy or not.
>>
>>332710432
>combat system that makes no sense

git gud

you can do some crazy shit
>>
>>332710458
only PS4??
I got a xbone
>>
>>332710385
with the analog stick

forward will do a few quick strikes, back will do the spin
>>
I haven't played the demo but watching technical analysis videos, it seems that the game almost always stays on 30FPS with a few dips. The choppiness and lag then comes from frame pacing, a much easier thing to fix than achieving a rock-solid framerate. I'm confident they'll sort that problem out by launch.
>>
File: 1371247606531.jpg (19 KB, 170x206) Image search: [Google]
1371247606531.jpg
19 KB, 170x206
>people waited 10 fucking years for this turd
>>
>>332694361

Didn't play Duscae, but played through Platinum last night.

If the combat mostly consists of 'hold circle to attack', 'hold square to defend' I am going to be so fucking unimpressed.
>>
>>332696115
They did change the combat quite a bit. Because they got combat that Duscae combat sucked (which I think it did).
>>
>>332710571
Yeah yeah i know i can do some crazy shit, that doesn't make it any better
>>
>>332710637
You know you can tap instead. And I'd say tapping to defend is more efficient
>>
>>332710385
d pad changes weapons, the analog stick changes attacks.
Pressing back with the greatsword makes Noctis unsheat his katana and do a 4 hit combo. Good to use when the enemy is stunned since it takes a while to come out
>>
>>332710582
it's on xbone too but I don't have one so, I don't know where to find demos on it's store.
>>
>>332710669

whatever you say retard
>>
>>332694361
I thought the demo was pretty interesting. Mostly showing off lighting and weather mechanics. Pretty shitty reason to release a demo but still cool to see a bit more of the game.
Sucks that it was about 25 mins long compared to the last demo that was long as fuck.
>>
>>332710637
tapping for actual fights
holding for fights that are just trash mobs to grind on

it's just XV's version of auto battle
>>
>>332710561
Funny because the trailer had me sold. Then I saw this demo on PS4 and I decided to check it out. Now I'm on the fence.
>>
>>332710583
>>332710765
gotcha. It works with the warp sword too?
>>
File: ffxv_oldman.png (1023 KB, 1431x813) Image search: [Google]
ffxv_oldman.png
1023 KB, 1431x813
>>332710324
I think we're getting two Cids...well, sorta. You've got Cindy as well as pic related who I'm assuming is the actual Cid and her grandfather.
>>
>>332696349
>magic sucks

Someone didnt get Meteorain
>>
This demo was an April Fool's Joke right? FF13 combat was better
>>
>>332710537
somehow pulled that of don't know what I did but Noctis suddenly made a punisher which he finished of with fire.
Hard to tell what I did do though since there is no tutorial. Probably like some sort of reaction command you can trigger
>>
How the fuck do I do Tempest? I have the Airstep Sword equipped, am holding downwards on the left stick, and am pressing attack, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary.
>>
>>332710808
Show me how you fight the golem with the cheap warp trick
Show me some crazy shit
It won't change the fact that it lacks animation cancels and air combo cancels
But of course you won't
I like the demo and i've been waiting for the game for 10 years, that doesn't mean i defend everything about it
>>
>>332710537
I think if they made the magic more fluid with the rest of the combat noctis would be too easy to control and OP. Then again the magic is still sucks.
>>
>>332710872
They need to find a way to assure people of this game with more information on the combat.
>>
>>332711062

try something like this

>>332703069
>>
>>332709674
>that framerate
yeah fucking right
>>
>>332694361

So this... is... the power... of the... PS4?
>>
>>332710596
The collectors edition costs $269.99 anon, I fucking shit you not.
>>
>>332711053
tempest is used with the greatsword, i believe
>>
File: 1405629364309.jpg (37 KB, 471x350) Image search: [Google]
1405629364309.jpg
37 KB, 471x350
-I don't think the visuals are particularly good and yet the game runs like dog shit.

-The gameplay is unresponsive and dull

-The demo was short and i don't think it gave a good representation of what the final game will bring

-The music was alright, nothing great

Square has had their heads up their asses for the last 15 years, this demo was no surprise.

-
>>
>>332700265
What else was there to find?
I found 2 extra weapons and 500 crystals
I know I missed the shield and the throwing stars
It took me about an hour and 15 on my second play though to find that.
Can't see sending more time in the demo
>>
>>332710208
I want this to be bad so Takahashi goes down as having made the better game with like 1/20th the budget.
WE'RE STUCK ON A FAILING CONSOLE
>>
All this talk about the demo's quality, specifically the combat, is making me nervous. I see a lot of hate for it, I see a lot of love.This has me REALLY concerned, as one of the things I was really looking forward to was the combat
>>
>>332711062
when midair just press back and let go of the attack button to cancel your combo.
>>
File: 627.png (471 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
627.png
471 KB, 680x453
>>332711212
Fags on NeoGAF are refreshing to be next in line to spend money on it. Are they just trust fund babies?
>>
>>332711137
Do you not understand what i'm talking about?
I can do stupidly long combos, the fact is that the combat system still has no balancing at all, you should easiyl be able to fight every thing just by rolling at the right time and attacking
>>
File: 1267808889127.jpg (77 KB, 453x384) Image search: [Google]
1267808889127.jpg
77 KB, 453x384
>>332711182
>>
>>332694361
Was the duscae demo "fixed" to add the new combat? I wanna try the unaltered combat and see how it played out
>>
>>332710983

I hate to say it, but this anon is right and I had the exact same thought when playing the demo.

>FF13's combat is better
>FF13
>Better

Let that sink in people.
>>
>>332711290
You've seen everything
>>
Didn't play the demo.
So is this Bloodborne II and not a RPG anymore?
>>
>>332708736
hey I played as one of those things in the demo I think
>>
>We only have fire/ice/thunder spells
>>
>>332711383
I thought FF13's combat was supposed to be good though. It was just the plot and structure that sucked.
>>
>>332711290
Did you see Leviathan?
>>
>>332711312
That's still way too slow, what's the point of doing all the crazy shit and doing air combos when you get knocked out of it
When i press the dodge button in the air i should be doding in the air right away
>>
>>332711307
A lot can still change in 5/6 months before release.

>>332710983
>>332711383
>>332711482
I liked 13-3 combat the most out of the 13 series and I expected that's what they originally wanted in the main game but with other characters and not just lightning.
>>
>>332711383
There wasn't much wrong with the combat except people complaining about auto battle, even though you could manually choose your commands if you wanted.

The game as a whole was trash.
>>
>>332711478
>no gravitas
>no haste
>no stop
>no slow
>no poision
>no mini
>no reflek
FUCK
>>
>>332711182
So bad that it looks something like a pre-alpha screenshot.
>>
File: CHwXoZ4WUAA0spc.jpg (110 KB, 527x615) Image search: [Google]
CHwXoZ4WUAA0spc.jpg
110 KB, 527x615
Just tried the demo and switching weapons and directional attacks make holding the button to attack not as bad as it seems at first. I mean it's still dumb, but it's not the worst thing ever. Magic felt kinda awkward to use unless you were already locked onto an enemy. Doesn't feel too responsive in general times, probably because of the animations which is a shame but something we'll just have to get used to. I'm certainly not a fan of the WARP STRIKE and shield prompts smack in the middle of the screen either. Overall I'd give it a 6.5/10, not bad but definitely could be better. Hopefully more abilities and a full party will help.
>>
>>332711323
I dont know, I got curious and said to myself "I bet this shit will be $200" and sure enough its closer to $300 then anything.

>Preordered the 80 dollrydoo edition.
>Prime removes so much by itself.
>Gift card removes the rest.
>Just bought it for $10 essentially.
Still $10 to much!
>>
>>332711418
Bloodborne if your character was weighted down by five concrete blocks maybe
>>
>>332711212

and 30,000 of them sold out in under an hour
>>
This is more of a tech demo than anything, Duscae is the really true demo.
>>
>>332711326

I'm sure the final game will be more balanced.
>>
>>332711110
IMO they should just have just made the first hour or so of the game what this demo is and this should've been what Duscae was.
>>
>>332708736
The only way to dodge in the air is to press triangle/y but even then you can't ani-cancel so you have to time it right.
>>
>>332711652
I can only hope so.

I haven't even downloaded it yet, though. Especially not with my awful internet connection.
>>
How is this going to sell 10 million dollars? Is Japan dead>
>>
>>332711787
Duscae's battle system is now deprecated though. Advent Children bait is the new vogue.
>>
>>332711787
It's kind of bad as a tech demo too. It's more of an advertisement in disguise.
>>
File: ff15 10 million needed.jpg (101 KB, 642x585) Image search: [Google]
ff15 10 million needed.jpg
101 KB, 642x585
FF's dead, Jim.
>>
>>332711870
There're 30k Deluxe Editions they're around 250 which is already 7.500.000
>>
Is the world going to be seamless?
>>
>>332711502
Yeah, that little scene was actually pretty cool
>>
>>332711984
Maybe they should've actually put their money and time into the game and not an anime, a mobile game and a CG movie
>>
>>332712092
Sorry bro can't hear you over all this MARKETING
>>
>>332712029
Yeah, dude. Totally stumbled on it. I just wonder what bullshit we're gonna have to do to beat that thing
>>
>>332711984

Break even =/ succeed.

Also Marketing push= Sales push.

No Final Fantasy has gotten as much marketing as XV had at the moment and they will only increase it till release.
>>
>>332711839
Kinda like the beginning of KH with stained glass floors? It would make sense.

Platinum demo should've definitely been Duscae and not "easy mode for noobs".

It only serves to distance fans and scare them.
>>
>>332711521
>too slow
what are you even talking about, you can immediatly dash out of a combo string midair by simply pressing in any direction. Ther is no significant delay to it.
>>
File: uqpcmrD.jpg (224 KB, 1364x969) Image search: [Google]
uqpcmrD.jpg
224 KB, 1364x969
>>332711212
The funniest part is, it's a fucking PLAY ARTS figurine. $200 for this quality shit
>>
>>332711993
>number of salesxcost = the profit
Not how it works lad
>>
>>332711984

They'll break that easily.
>>
>>332712131
Maybe its a summon like Ramuh?
What I wanna know is what the Giant actually was
>>
>>332712156
>No Final Fantasy has gotten as much marketing as XV

>>
>>332712156
Problem is they released a demo, a shit demo, which is going to put off a ton of people
>>
The frame timing fucks up the shield timing so much it's sad
You press the buton and Noctis raises the shield like 20 frames later
>>
>>332712282
That giant was most likely Titan.
Titan is probably going to be a summon after defeating him.
>>
>>332712282
That giant was Titan. He, Leviathan, and Ramuh are the summons of the game, and apparently some of them requires us to defeat them before we can summon them
>>
>>332712227
Only 7 ever broke 10 mil. 13 only hit 6
>>
>>332711984
I'm not sure, but maybe the 30,000 of the collector's helped out? And those sold for 270 bucks.
>>
>>332712382

>shit

Cool opinion.

They'll have another one coming.
>>
>>332712382

Not the smartest move I agree, they should had just updated Duscae.

>>332712308

Oh no, its retarded. Videogames were not mainstream there you shithead.
>>
>>332712550
>Oh no, its retarded. Videogames were not mainstream there you shithead.

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>332712196
The Ultra edition would've been a lot more affordable if they didn't tack on that $130 made in China quality figure.
>>
>>332694361
Why are there no weapons skills
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.