[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so I'm creating my first competitive battling team and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: poke_group.png (418 KB, 651x465) Image search: [Google]
poke_group.png
418 KB, 651x465
Ok so I'm creating my first competitive battling team and I'd like to know what suggestions you guys have. Been running it on Showdown for a few battles and I'm seeming to do ok with some common threats.

Mega Tyranitar sand stream
Jolly
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Crunch
Ice Punch
ATK 252/ Def 4/ Spe 252

Talonflame gale wings
jolly
(no item)
Acrobatics
Roost
Swords Dance
Flare Blitz
Atk 252/ Def 4/ Spe 252

Scizor technician
Impish
Iron Plate
Defog
Roost
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite

Amoongus regenerator
Black Sludge
Spore
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Foul Play
HP 252/ Def 96/ SpD 160

Slowbro regenerator
Bold
Rocky Helmet
Scald
Slack Off
Thunder Wave
Calm Mind
HP 252/ Def 240/ SpD 16

Garchomp rough skin
Impish
Rocky Helmet
Dragon Tail
Earth Quale
Stealth Rock
Toxic
HP 240/ Def 176/ Spe 92

So basically my strategy ( and again im new) is leading with Garchomp to set up stealth rock, pivot with my regenerator core of Amoongus and Slowbro to stall and wall off threats, use Scizor to clear the battle field and bring in as needed, set up Tyranitar to sweep and Talonflame to kill as needed.

I'm not too sure on Garchomp and Scizor. I feel like using Scizor for defog isnt what I should be doing and I've thought about Rapid Spin excadrill but I don't know if that's a good idea or not. Garchomp also may be being misused.

I know I love my Tyranitar, Amoongus and Slowbro those three have been winning me games.

Any help or suggestions?
>>
>>332680384

woops, scizor evs: 240 HP/ 200 def/ 68 SpD
>>
The words OP: Choice Banded Scizor.

You'll thank me later
>>
>>332680384

Are you playing Singles or Doubles? Because Dubs is a hell of a lot more fun and creative.
>>
>>332681105
>fun and creative

literally mega Kangz 'n sheit with genies the format
>>
>>332681105

I'm playing OU singles

Eventually I'll move into the doubles world but I literally have been researching and stuff for the past two weeks, I just got into all this.
>>
Are you building this in game? If so, don't bother. Online is 95%hacked mons.
>>
>>332681707
Unless I play with friends, Ive never encountered a single match, that wasnt just "Dark Void" the game.

Its always the same match, just different trainer every time.

Went back to singles/rotation (rotation being my favorite of all)
>>
>>332680384
This is the most casual fucking place to ever ask advice, much less expect a reply other than
>pure autism

Just get an account on Smogon
>>
>>332682171

playing showdown mostly

>>332682501

literally just did that

Also this question is to anyone. Is it ridiculous to build this team in game and play online? Is online really just all hacked pokemon? If thats true whats the fucking point of the games?
>>
>>332682420
>dark void

Unless your friends play ubers, you should have no problem with dark void. Try using an anti-lead with taunt to stop smeargle since it's not that fast and relies on a sash to unload its sleepy payload.

>>332682501
/v/ is better at pokemon than the /vp/ chimps
>>
>>>/vp/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.