[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do 3rd parties hate the Wii U?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 1436227402536.jpg (47 KB, 652x370) Image search: [Google]
1436227402536.jpg
47 KB, 652x370
Why do 3rd parties hate the Wii U?
>>
>>332659035
It's underpowered and their games doesn't sell well compared to other consoles.
>>
The gimmicky controller
>>
>>332659035

Because Wii u owners only buy Nintendo games
>>
>>332659035
hard to program
>>
>>332659035
It's underpowered and too difficult to port due to it's hardware that's too different from the PCs that the game's are developed on.
>>
>>332659035
Underpowered, so anyone trying to make a multiplat would have to accommodate for that if they wanted they're game on PS4 or One.

Apparently the gamepad is tricky for some devs, too. I don't see how though.

When the Wii U was first launched, there could've been so many good ports. It's kinda too late at this point now.
>>
>>332659035
Nintendo fucks over 3rd parties making their life harder despite 3rd parties being a gold mine for a manufacturer, not the other way around

Nintendo's greed is what killed their home console front. Once the competition offered a better place for third parties to let them print money for free easier, they all of course abandoned them.
>>
Purely the fanbase of the WiiU only buying Nintendo games.

I heard Nintendo is actually fairly nice when it comes to indies.
>>
File: 1451028714600.jpg (24 KB, 600x344) Image search: [Google]
1451028714600.jpg
24 KB, 600x344
The question should be: Why does Nintendo hate third parties? The answer to this, is because Nintendo hates everything and everyone.
>>
>>332659035
It's the Linux of consoles
>>
File: woomy.webm (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
woomy.webm
2 MB, 500x500
Nothing can compete with woomy
>>
>>332660257
They are stuck in the era where they dominated and third parties would want to go to them under any condition because they were huge. They think third parties are their bitches.
>>
>>332659035
Because 3rd parties hate Nintendo
Plus other consoles are simple to develop for and don't need a lot of time to port so they can make more of the same for less money
>>
>>332660530
>Because 3rd parties hate Nintendo

They certainly love the 3DS.
>>
>>332659148
>>332659665
Pretty much this. It also doesn't help that Wii U hasn't sold well. Developers aren't going to go rushing to put out software on hardware platforms that aren't selling well.
>>
>>332660631
Compare the 3rd party library of the DS with that of the 3DS
>>
>>332659035
Because nobody bought it.
>>
>>332660631
I meant more they don't like working with them since what happened in the past.

Plus 3DS is basically a less powerful Vita.
So it's easier.
>>
>>332659035
everybody in this thread forgetting that EA black balled them because they wouldn't allow origin or EA access on their system.

and ubisoft pulled out due to sales because their only games were shitty ports and one mediocre game with a game breaking bug.
>>
>>332660907
It's just that big time 3rd parties like Capcom, Sega, Atlus, Bamco, and few others I'm forgetting. Have plenty of games on the 3DS.

On the Wii U, those that I just listed have done some work on the Wii U through special contracts and collaborations. It's not that they hate Nintendo, they just don't want to work on the Wii U unless Nintendo comes to them with a project in mind. At least that's what I think is going on.
>>
>>332659035
Third party developers don't develop games for Nintendo cause nintendo owners don't buy third party games
>>
They don't pay them.
Or in the case of EA, they don't have sports streaming.
>>
Most third party companies don't want to be associated with a kiddie system

Hell, one of my coworkers was saying how it was bad to own an play on WiiU if you're 50 and you don't have kids
>>
The better question is, why would any 3rd party LIKE the WiiU?
>>
>>332660332
Why did he do this? Like, no, seriously, there's no reason for this shit.

Even if it was the amiibo or something, it'd make way more sense than cumming on the fucking disc and controller.

Why the fuck did he do this?
>>
>>332659035

Nintendo hates third parties.
>>
Gimmick controller
>>
>>332659035

Nintendo lives in 1993 when Third parties had to pay Nintendo to be able to release their games on a Nintendo consoles. Now it's reversed and Sony and MS pay third parties so they release games on their consoles.
>>
>>332659035
Because most third parties go out of their way to make the shittiest on Nintendo consoles and are surprised when no one wants them so they go to PS4 and Xbone where no one has any standards anyway.
>>
>>332665134
*shittiest ports
>>
>>332662714
That's a good question. If you're going for something cheap, you'd be better off just doing a mobile game. Especially since that's probably what younger kids are playing more of anyway, which would be the only other reason to make something on Wii U.

So unless Nintendo creates some special incentive for a 3rd party, it seems like a strange console to develop for.
>>
I know EA was buttblasted because Nintendo wouldn't let them use Origin for the overarching online service.

>release Mass Effect 3 for $60 with no DLC
>when the entire trilogy is out on the other platforms for $40
>>
>>332666204
Do you faggots still believe this when there is no source or indicative that EA was working on a online system for nintendo?

Fucking drones, man.
>>
>underpowered
>hard to port
>gamepad
>nintendo fans don't buy third party games
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.