[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been almost six years. Why is Lost Planet 2 still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Lost-Planet-2-PC.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Planet-2-PC.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1200
It's been almost six years.

Why is Lost Planet 2 still the most complete /m/ game ever made? Why is it the only one that has multiple distinct robots, halfway competent gunplay and character progression, distinct alien designs, and a varied, fun storyline? Two robots can even gattai, and its just an easter egg.

They had such a great basis for future games, but then Lost Planet 3 was just a half-baked survival horror.

What the hell is Capcom doing?
>>
File: 21496404.jpg (340 KB, 1000x702) Image search: [Google]
21496404.jpg
340 KB, 1000x702
They drank too much of Inafune's kool-aid, you only needed a sip.

Also people would behead them for barranchos being "racist" nowadays.
>>
File: PS3-LP2-ALL-character-007.jpg (218 KB, 801x1045) Image search: [Google]
PS3-LP2-ALL-character-007.jpg
218 KB, 801x1045
How can a game inspired by Appleseed and Nausicaa flop so hard? I don't understand it, /v/.
>>
>>332657968
what forbidden acts must we perform to make them remove GFWL from LP2?
>>
>>332658241
Trick all your friends into dropping 20 sweaty american dollars onto a dead multiplayer game.
>>
>>332657968
>complete /m/ game
Whoa there anon. I fucking love Lost Planet 1 and 2, but 2 has some serious ass issues. A lot of the story missions are more frustrating, then fun. Too much of the game has you fighting human enemies, instead of the far better Akrid. And there is little VS combat, hardly making it a great /m/ game.

I do wish they made a real 3rd game.
>>
>>332658457
... but you can still play it multiplayer, you stooge.
>>
>>332658574

Of course it has issues, but it's got so much more ambition than 99% of games in the genre, and everything is at least present, if underdeveloped.

LP1 had a lot more Akrid combat. That one open map where they respawn indefinitely and you can just go from VS to VS blowing them up for three hours is as much as you could ask for.
>>
>>332658603

If you're willing to wait like 20 minutes for a 2v3 match where three of the players are just doing the buttslap emote the entire time, yeah.

I'm so upset I missed this game in its heyday.
>>
>>332658127
But they were great.
>>
The giant monster fights were pretty cool, so was the part where you have to manage a giant ship with your buddies.
The rest of the game is hot steaming garbage though.
>>
>>332659104
Oh, you mean dead VERSUS, well people abused the hell out of shit like the perk that allows you to spawn with a long range weapon during a match limited to short range weapons. That shit wasn't what you played it for, just get friends together if you want to play versus because pubbing it, even back when there was people to play with, was never the way.
>>
File: FUCK-GRAVITY.gif (4 MB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
FUCK-GRAVITY.gif
4 MB, 350x200
>>332658574
LP1 had more combat variety, but when LP2 had Akrid or VS combat, it was fucking godly.

Last mission was fucking the best when you get to the outpost and need to defend it against the onslaught of those giant mantis-akrid.
>>
File: im-doing-my-part[1].gif (2 MB, 664x377) Image search: [Google]
im-doing-my-part[1].gif
2 MB, 664x377
>>332660458
>those Co-op QTEs
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.