[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say you were tasked with designing a game. Your main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10
File: arthas.jpg (18 KB, 199x196) Image search: [Google]
arthas.jpg
18 KB, 199x196
Let's say you were tasked with designing a game. Your main goal as a designer is not to pander to SJW's under the constraint that you cannot be edgy for the sake of being edgy (no racism, no strong language or gore just for the sake of being shocking... those things would be too easy). It also has to at least be a decent game. What would it be?
>>
You play as Nottem E. Portent, son of Noth Em Portent.

It's a cheesy FPS with a nonsensical story and dumb weapons.
>>
ass everywhere
>>
>>332650638
A generic military action FPS with classes. They all look identical save for a few equipment changes.
>>
Spiritual sequel to Godhand. Only change would be that male enemies can be spanked as well.
>>
File: diev c3.webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
diev c3.webm
1 MB, 450x472
Wizardry, but turn based tactic isometric of Dofus/FFT. Of course only for battle moments, for exploration moments it would be a normal game.

Cast is formed of all kind of crazy shit but very specialized, you can expect some characters to be amazing in some moments of the game but absolutely fucking shit in some others.

Story wise it would be a depressing game about accepting shitty reality the way it is and doing the best with what you have.
>>
>>332651857
I like
>>
>>332651857
Would the game be played solo or as a party?
>>
An action-RPG with really sprawling dungeons. Lots of different weapons with different uses.

>>332651857
I'd play it
>>
>>332650638
>game called "Riot"
>multiplayer team game
>rioters vs police/military
>basically just classic control point
>all kinds of themes as you see them irl
>nignogs rioting because "muh black lives matter"
>femnazis going full harpy because "muh rape culture"
>etc.

why sjw's would get mad? because the game would be inspired by reality and in reality those people turn into fucking animals.
time to lvl up that pepper spray.
>>
File: 1459336805695.jpg (135 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459336805695.jpg
135 KB, 640x480
>>332652415
>Trump rally level
>liberal protesters have to beat up peaceful political rally
>cops have to protect them

Would play tbqh
>>
File: wizardry_8_pc_4.jpg (223 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
wizardry_8_pc_4.jpg
223 KB, 1280x1024
>>332652104
Party as in multiplayer or with multiple characters?

It would be multiple characters, though since a lot of content of the game would require specialized characters, I don't know if having a death mechanic would be good.

Death mechanic always make people savescum.
>>
>>332652904
>Riot cops have all kinds of non-lethal weaponry to incapacitate or push back rioters, but they're heavily outnumbered
>Rioters can pick up shit around the area to make all kinds of makeshift bullshit weapons to swing around or throw
This has potential
>>
>>332653239
>>332651857

They just don't make them like that anymore... Now they have to force "muh sexual preference" and stupid shit like that instead of focusing on the adventure.
>>
>>332653286
>>332652904
>>332652415

I like this too. Non-lethal weapons like irl, so they wouldn't be able to ban it. SJW's butthurt would echo through eternity...
>>
>>332653286
You could actually have the same number of players on both sides, but a shitton of NPC rioters. When a rioter controlled by a player is knocked out, instead of respawning they just take control of a different rioter. The NPC rioters would get more aggressive if there's a player nearby being aggressive, or you can blend into the crowd and wait for a chance to bonk a cop while they're off guard.

The cops wouldn't respawn (or have more limited respawns) but a higher resistance to getting knocked out, plus the rioters having shittier weapons.

On top of stuff like batons and whatever the cops could use stuff like tear gas or fire hoses to block off wide areas.
>>
>>332650638
It's just a normal game.
>>
>>332650638
>no racism
tell me a recent 2000 game that's racist?
>>
File: 1386736592473.jpg (60 KB, 524x331) Image search: [Google]
1386736592473.jpg
60 KB, 524x331
Robots with laser swords going sanic fast.
>>
>>332650638
A loli fighting game with lewd scenes to pander to a wider audience. You can have secret sex scenes you can unlock to.
By having this, your audience expands to shooters, H games, and weeb games.
Im going to video game school so that's what I plan on making.
>>
>>332654421
It has nothing to do with that, m8. The point is that shit like the Columbine massacre game pissed off a lot of people, but it was edgy for the sake of being edgy (not mentioning how much of a shitter it was). Too obvious... same goes with racism, and sex. That's why I wanted to exclude those things in order to encourage a little bit of cleverness.

Sure you could make a game that has sex, copious amounts of gore and violence, and/or racism and SJW's would get mad, but they'd win... they'd probably have an easy time getting it banned.
>>
>>332654867
I meant shooter game not fighting
>>
Customizable mech game but with all kinds of stereotypical super robot parts and weapons instead of fast shooty mechs like Armored Core or whatever
>>
>>332650638
Include no non-white people. Aka Witcher 3
>>
File: Police_officer_in_riot_gear.jpg (65 KB, 530x753) Image search: [Google]
Police_officer_in_riot_gear.jpg
65 KB, 530x753
>>332654223
>the rioter players are Soros backed provocateurs trying to cause casualties and property damage
>the police players are just normal cops doing their jobs trying to restore law & order
>>
A non-Japanese game where the hero is a pedophile
>>
I just make a game with a good story and real characters. Real life doesn't pander to SJW, or edgy faggots, both idealise their own fictional non existent world.
>>
File: Farage baffling.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Farage baffling.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>332655202
>poles are white
>there are people who unironically believe this
>>
>>332650638
I'm not an actual game dev that makes video games, but I aspire to be one and write out video game ideas and frameworks for a hobby. In recent months, I've noticed that my design choices have sometimes been changed because I think "no, the furies will ruin the game's reputation with this", "I feel like someone would accuse me of pandering to SJWs", or "this is a realistic design choice, but I feel like SJWs are going to cry about me being insensitive and say my realistic explanation is a cop-out". This shit is really cramping my style.
>>
File: bcR0p2W.png (330 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
bcR0p2W.png
330 KB, 1280x800
>>332650638

>Stealth FPS based on the Artemis Fowl books

>Women players flock to it because it's about Fairies

>They've never read the books so they don't realise it's actually about a futuristic underground civilisation with weapons and technology far superior to ours

>TFW they're playing a stealth shooter about a loose cannon cop tracking down rogues on the surface with futuristic magi-technology
>>
I wrote up a really long post and realized I was coming up with a really great idea so decided to cut the details.

For context, I grew up in the bad neighborhoods of my home town, in a meth lab, with little to no parental supervision. Using that as context I plan to write out many of my adventures with embellishment for a more exciting world.

The game would be set in the 1850s in New York, the player would take the role of a street urchin raising himself in that world. Inspired by the Gangs of New York with a fair bit of Peter Pan.

I'd like to really lay it all out but I am covetous of my ideas. haha.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.