[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a melodramatic monologue is spoken during an FF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1451303058777.png (314 KB, 648x604) Image search: [Google]
1451303058777.png
314 KB, 648x604
>It's a melodramatic monologue is spoken during an FF game
>It's a melodramatic song is played during an FF game

It's like Square Enix think that FF is some kind of philosophically deep epic or something.
>>
>lul FF is about wizard and knight killing shot and rescuing princess

Can you, like, grow the fuck up? FF evolved over the years, creative limbs stretched, thanks to technological improvement, and yet all you want is the same black mage casting blizzaga in 8-bit graphics.
>>
>>332646513
What are you talking about?
>>
>>332646513
>evolved into shit
I mean if that's what they're going for then there's nothing wrong with it
>>
>>332646249
They obviously went to Hideo Kojima's school of "How to write a video game story"
>>
>>332646249
Go back to your call of duty and halo crap kid
>>
>>332649240
Final Fantasy is just as overhyped and overmilked as CoD and Halo.
>>
>>332649640
you could not be more wrong
>>
>>332649640
>New FF is announced
>Everybody shits on it
>New FF is released
>Everybody shits on it
>Old FF is discussed
>Everybody shits on it
>>
>>332650070
>New Halo is announced
>Everybody shits on it
>New CoD is released
>Everybody shits on it

See, I can do this too.

>>Old FF is discussed
>>Everybody shits on it

That's only FF7 onwards. The SNES games (especially FF6) are constantly put on a pedestal.
>>
>>332650661
>this anon happened to be here at that hour yesterday
FF VI is almost never discussed, yesterday was a first I've seen of it outside of /vg/
>>
>>332646249

Learn english before posting shit like a fucking retard. Asshole.
>>
The horror that is FF13

The melodrama was insufferable and terribly written to seem mature and deep. You can effectively skip all the cutscenes in that game you wouldn't miss out in anything.
>>
>>332650661
Because they're too irrelevant to shit on. You get no cool points for shitting on FFI for example, because it has no fans and nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>332649640
this is extremely true
>>
>>332650954
Actually, you'd miss out on everything unless you read the Event entries. That was game wasn't an easy to follow story as it is.
>>
>>332650805
It comes up pretty regularly in JRPG discussions, of the retro kind.
>>
>>332646249
The first game had the first boss going back in time to be the source of evil. It was always like that.
>>
>>332650954
I liked it and it wasn't mature and deep
In a game with Snow, Sazh, Vanille and Hope you can't say that
>>
>>332650923
Eat shit you dick riding monkey.
>>
>>332651139
>Snow
>Sazh
I disagree. Sazh was a well-written character from the start who gets glanced over for being the "black guy" of the game.

As for Snow, he's one of those "hate their guts initially until they get some character development and grow on you"
>>
>>332646249

>it's a wierd body language animation japanese game
>>
File: mmUh3tW.png (60 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
mmUh3tW.png
60 KB, 320x240
>implying this melodramatic monologue isn't the pinnacle of videogame writing
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.